January 8th, 2009

The inauguration map

The Washington Post

The inauguration of President Barack Obama on Jan. 20, 2009, is expected to be one of the largest public gatherings ever to take place in Washington, D.C. Millions are expected to visit the National Mall and other nearby points to view the ceremony either in person or via telescreens, watch the parade from the U.S. Capitol to the White House, and more.

Click here to download a full-size image of the map.

Filed under: Barack Obama
  1. Melinda Ohio

We will be having our own party right here in my warm cozy home with CNN on.

January 9, 2009 at 7:11 am |
  2. Annie Kate

Great map but I'll opt for a nice fire in the fireplace with my feet propped up and CNN on to watch the inauguration. The last inauguration I watched was JFK's way back when I was very very young; I hope this one proves as memorable.

January 8, 2009 at 5:32 pm |
  3. Benigna Marko

We are sure to mark this as an historical event. More importantly, we should be celebrating how wonderful this country is. Providing everything to everyone and as our President elect stated, this is not about Republicans, or Democrats this is about one United States and all of us together joining in for the betterment of our country. Hooray for our new President. And, Mr. President as you said earlier in your campaign you are here to win, not to be a footnote in a history book, but to make history. Yeah Buddy, love your style. Congrats...
    Benigna Marko

January 8, 2009 at 4:52 pm |
  4. EJ (USA)

Will be a very exciting day.

January 8, 2009 at 4:13 pm |
  5. Charlotte D

My skin is crawling at the thought of being packed in with so many people. But, yikes, what a great day for our nation! I hope the weather cooperates and a fun, safe time is had by all in attendance. I will watch the festivities on CNN with tears streaming down my face.

But, hmmm, will the Obama girls need a note from their mom and dad saying why they are missing school? Whatever, let Fox News report on that along with the lunch menu for that day, so that we know they are missing corn dogs and pizza for lunch. CNN can stick to the real news of the day.

January 8, 2009 at 3:17 pm |
  6. Mary V., Salt Lake City, UT

Wish I could be there! Instead I am hosting an Inauguration brunch for our friends at our home!

HOPE WON........... HOPE WON............ HOPE WON......... HOPE WON!!!

January 8, 2009 at 2:07 pm |
  7. Jennifer

I'll stay at home and get what I want to see on CNN

January 8, 2009 at 1:45 pm |