January 8th, 2009

Arab media cover Gaza

CNN's Octavia Nasr reports on how Arab media is covering the conflict in Gaza. Graphic images, viewer discretion advised.

Post by:
Filed under: Crisis in Gaza • Octavia Nasr
  1. Brandon - Crazy Canadian

some one needs to cover it , just think about the UN school bombed 40 dead , The English reporters killed

what is the genocide going to accomplish

January 8, 2009 at 11:35 pm |
  2. Ashley

My heart is broken. I can't watch the news anymore. If you watch BBC America you will find out much more from a neutral point of view.

We accept temporary insanity as an excuse for murder in our legal system. These actions of Israel are nothing less than insanity (temporary I hope). The difference is that we are observing this deadly attack on innocent people, while Israel is going through its episode of insanity. Israel even killed 2 U.N workers. May be the onus is on us. Why aren't e doing anything?

Human life is precious. I have no words left. From now on my vote is not going to be for a blindly pro-israel campaign. I will vote for a campaign that is willing to revisit the idea of supporting this madness!

THIS IS BEYOND CRUEL! AND WE ARE SUPPORTING IT! THE ONUS IS ON US! VIOLENCE MAY IN WARS ; IT DOES NOT BRING PEACE!!!!!

January 8, 2009 at 3:14 pm |
  3. khawla

My name is Khawla. I am an American. My family is of Paestian decent. I cannot believe how biased the US's media is. Ask yourselves questions why the Israeli government doe not allow Western journalists inside Gaza. FDuh they do not want the US citizen to see what they are actually doing to these poor palestinians. They know thet the USA is controlled by this little deviace country Israel. What is Israel doing for the US. I am ashamed that I am an american. I thought americans are better than this. I thought we stand up for justice in the world and that we help the needy and the weak. I would compare Israel to Hitler because they want to annilater the Muslims from the world.I hope that the US media could stop being afraid of the Israelis who control our US government will take a stand and let the world see that Israel is the biggest hipocrit in this all out war.

January 8, 2009 at 2:31 pm |
  4. Melissa B ~ California

Until the palestinian people prove they want peace with their Israeli neighbors the fighting and killing will continue. I agree that a greater effort is needed getting humanitarian aid to the people in Gaza, still the war goes on. If the palestinian militants would stop using children in schools and other people in civilian homes as "human shields" a great many innocent civilians would still be alive.
    A first step toward REAL peace in Gaza is for the palestinian people to denounce Hamas, whose goal is not to live in peace with Israel, but to destroy it and replace it with a Palestinian Islamic state in the area that is now Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip. That is a facts of the Hamas Charter. The people of Gaza voted for this terrorist organization, so if they really want to live in peace with their neighbors they must change the leadership in Palestine by voting for different organization and lead them out of these seeming endless hostility.

January 8, 2009 at 2:22 pm |
  5. Mary V., Salt Lake City, UT

War is miserable. What's wrong with the Arab or Muslim world reporting on whom they support? Are we saying that ONLY the USA can report on the war with Palestine and ONLY our point of view is valid?

Sadly, Israel has not learn that war is not the answer. War with Gaza will not secure Israel nor bring peace, it will only add to the terrorists as they recruit the children who are watching their small nation destroyed!

Terrorists can not be wiped out by war, we must win over the hearts and minds of the Palestinians with justice for all. Israel must come to the table to broker at least a truce, or forever be at war!

Please give peace a chance!

January 8, 2009 at 2:17 pm |
  6. jim Fallbrook CA

The muslims always portray Israel as a terrorist aggressor country. However, they didn't seem to cover the news when Hamas and Hezbollah were firing rockets into Israel. They think it is their Allah given right to kill Israelis They are more biased than the US liberal news media. My message to the Arab news media is Hamas deserved what they are getting. 85% of muslims are not civilized. You can't negotiate with them. Trying to negotiate with muslims is like negotiating with a brick wall. History proves that. The muslims won't get any sympathy from me.

January 8, 2009 at 2:15 pm |
  7. Mike, Syracuse NY

Ask yourself the question: would innocent civilians be dying if Hamas wasn't launching rockets from their neighborhoods? Answer; no. Funny how none of the Arab footage ever shows rockets being launched from Gaza into Israel. There's a cause and effect here. The cause, Hamas launching rockets at Israel has the effect of retaliation. If you don't want Israel bombs falling, stop shooting Hamas rockets, or launch them from sparsely populated areas.

January 8, 2009 at 2:14 pm |
  8. sam

I think what is happening in gaza and all the killing that is done by Israel will make the stone cry , so i am not surprised if the anchors on aljazeera or alarabiya will express there feelings . On CNN , Fox news and msnbc the anchors always or let say most of the time express there support to israel , so what is wrong with other anchors support other countries or people .

January 8, 2009 at 1:28 pm |
  9. PA

These pictures are just breath taking. To see innocent children dieing and suffering is just heart wrenching and deplorable. And when you ask yourself what is going to be achieved by these senseless attacks on innocent civilians – there is no answer. Why can't israel if Hammas refuses to do so, give these Gazan people shelter, refuge, and life saving aid? This is their home they did nothing to deserve such violence. It seems that Palestine and Israel aren't even acknowledging that these people exist! Somebody needs to help these people. I pray that God mercy's will bring them to safety.

January 8, 2009 at 1:06 pm |
  10. Joanne, Solvay, NY

The horrible circumstances of death in Gaza presents the opportunity for the United States to examine the issues from a neutral position. Of course the US supports Israeli freedom and peace within their region; however, it is also time to listen to the issues from the Palestinian perspective especially now, at the changing of the global guard.

January 8, 2009 at 12:27 pm |