January 5th, 2009

Travolta, Preston heartbroken over son's death

Actors John Travolta and Kelly Preston said Sunday they are "heartbroken" over last week's death of their teenage son.

Jett Travolta, 16, died Friday after a seizure while vacationing with his family in the Bahamas, an attorney for the family has said.

See photos of Jett Travolta and his family in this gallery.

1. GF, Los Angeles

Having lost a brother and father within a year of each other – I know what they're going through. I do hope the press leaves them alone to grieve.

January 5, 2009 at 11:43 am |
  2. Kuy

My heart breaks for the Travolta family. Loosing a child is loosing part of one's self, the pain is excruciating. Be kind to yourselves, membership in this club hurts.

January 5, 2009 at 11:29 am |
  3. Kristin

Very sad situation, and yes he looks very much like his father and mother both. I pray the best for them to be able to remember all the great times and allow that to get them through the hard ones.

May God bless you family, and make joyous and happy days out of the heartbreaking ones.

January 5, 2009 at 11:17 am |
  4. Noura ,doha

this is so sad

January 5, 2009 at 11:11 am |
  5. Robin Taylor Roth

The love in those pictures is palpable! What a terrible loss. May God give them comfort.

January 5, 2009 at 10:54 am |
  6. Weezie

My heart is heavy with the news of John and kelly Travolta's son's passing. It's never easy to lose a child. My prayers do go out to the family. I'm so sorry.

January 5, 2009 at 10:11 am |
  7. EJ (USA)

tragic...

January 5, 2009 at 10:07 am |
  8. Cindy

I was so saddened to hear of Jett's passing. My heart and prayers go out to Kelly and John! I hope that the press gives them space to grieve and isn't all up on them!

Cindy...Ga.

January 5, 2009 at 9:56 am |
  9. Starr Lyn

Oh my goodness, that's like looking at a young John Travolta.. they have such a fabulous looking family, and what great parents they are. They have never been in the "spotlight" they've always put their children first and have raised such fine young people.

God Bless the Travolta family during this ordeal, and let's all give our love for the outstanding time we've all been blessed by Jett being with us and much love to John & Kelly my heart goes out to you.

January 5, 2009 at 9:53 am |
  10. Michelle D. Fonthill,Ont

This is truly heart breaking losing a child . My thoughts and pryers go out to the Travolta family in thier time of grief and loss.

January 5, 2009 at 9:51 am |