December 22nd, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 12/22/08

Here's how you can be a part of tonight's program. Just scroll down and share your thoughts on the headlines.

But please follow our rules.  Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book)
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (we don't like screaming)
3) Use your real name

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials.  LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio.  LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Michelle Brown

I find it halarious that we took Michael Vick down for dog fighting , and Madoff is out of bail, after robbing people blind, Chicago Govenor still can claim he has a job, and on and on.

Dogs over people? Wow – amazing.

December 22, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  2. Fay, CA

I loathe shopping and ESPECIALLY Christmas shopping. So happy to see other shopping haters here!

December 22, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  3. Anthony - Pittsburgh,PA

I'd like to know what i have to do to get a part of that $700 billion bailout to get rid of my nearly $20,000 school loan debt. I didn't get there by gambling on the futures of others like the banks did, just my own.

December 22, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  4. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Anderson, I have sponsored two of Vick's dogs, Ellen and Lucas for the past two years from the Best Friends Animal Society.

December 22, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  5. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Must be good looking and intelligent to donate your eggs? Do they have that requirement for men who donate sperm too?

December 22, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  6. Glen Up North

Ashley's right, Anders. Online shopping sure beats the runner-up (hiring someone to do your shopping for you... there _are_ professional shoppers, aren't there?), forget suffering the crowds (if there are any this year). And with online services such as PayPal becoming more prevalent, credit cards aren't the necessity they once were to shop online.

December 22, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  7. Sherrol in Canada

Erica, great singing, you rock.

December 22, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  8. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

Anderson.....
    I understand you hate shopping..... I know what you mean that people hate to do shopping.....

December 22, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  9. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

If they did it for free it would be different, but to sell the eggs seems unseemly.

December 22, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  10. Jacqui Chan

I have always loved children and wnted a big family but lately I have found myself contemplating when the time is right will I be able to bring a child into this highly overpopulated world with the polar ice caps melting and the expected food shartages I can't imagine bringing a child of mine into this world only to give him/ her to a stranger

December 22, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  11. Bill T in Missouri

The incredible, mortgage saving egg!!

December 22, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  12. Ken in NC

WOW and I thought eggs in the grocery were a rip off.

December 22, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  13. Marie McGuffin, Everett Washington

Thank you Anderson for reporting on the Vic dogs. These dog are truly miracles and it shows dogs are not by nature aggressive not even pit bulls! I thank Vic in all his misery for bringing dog fighting into the light as it is an incredibly horrendous blood sport.

December 22, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  14. Sherrol in Canada

Wow, gives new meaning to 'desperate times, call for despereate measures!!

December 22, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  15. Tracey - Boston

There is an age limit for donation....over 30? forget about it.

December 22, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  16. Kris - Jacksonville FL

how far will we go for money? and why is it all about the money?

December 22, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  17. Maureen T

So Anderson, you're the last minute shopper!

December 22, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  18. EJ (USA)

I could not sell my eggs. I could not do it. I just see it as selling a son or daughter.

Knowing me, I'd try to track down that kid later on and wreck their life.

December 22, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  19. Candace from Canada

I am not fond of shopping either – and this year I have really cut back. Just doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money with so much uncertainty out there in the economy.

Even here in Northern Canada – things are slowing down big time!

Darn – only 'young' women can sell their eggs... how old is not young enough! *lol* I would totally donate an egg but at my age – I don't think I would get $7000. Maybe $500? 😉

December 22, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  20. Gary Senser

Anderson – If the banks aren't willing to provide an accounting for TARP funds, why can't congress refuse any additional funds? And, why can't the banks that refuse to open their books be forced to refund those funds to the gov't? They should play by the same rules as Detroit?

December 22, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  21. Sheila

Several amazing shelters have worked with the dogs saved from Michael Vicks kennels and they are now family pets in good homes.

Anderson? As you know, I've been a public advocate for pets since the horror of Katrina.

I'm so pleased others are on board. It's good for the pets. It's good for people.

Thanks for keeping these stories on air.

Merry Christmas!

December 22, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  22. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Anderson, think of shopping as helping a job in peril..Someone's job will go go belly up, if we don't shop.

December 22, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  23. Gail Duncan

Shop for christmas? Yea, I will shop my heart and mind to find some solutions to get through all this and help others along the way. There are blessings in the storm if we look deep enough.

December 22, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  24. Heidi B

Erica I think you are the most relaxed person on t.v ,no matter what the throw at you ,you do it with ease i think your great

December 22, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  25. Atika Meutiawati

Just want to say hi...could't get a visa to the US...so I'm miserable this holiday sesaon. Having AC360 live helps. Thanks.

December 22, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  26. Ashley - Hamlin NY

All right people, leave the poor man alone. He's an Emmy-winning journalist who actually REPORTS and asks sincere questions. If he wants to gnaw his nails off, then let him.

December 22, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  27. Dawn from Alaska

All this is why I don't believe in God. But I bet if you asked any of those defrauding us, they'd say they did believe. Much as politicians who pretend they believe but then their actions speak louder than words. All
    this tho is about as confusing as that flight map. Whoa, lots of planes. It's amazing that an air controller can make sense of and direct all these planes and equally amazing that there isn't a money controller who can understand and control the bailout.

December 22, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  28. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Although I realize that these women may be doing a service for someone who really wants a child, it still seems like selling a baby to me.

December 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  29. Matt - Austin, TX

Does anyone else ever LOVE to watch AC and EH banter in a funny and uncomfortable way?! It cracks me up almost nightly LOL thanks for the entertainment AC 😉

December 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  30. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

That is good one!!! I love caption beat 360...... that is so funny one!!! LOL!
    Guess what??? I check it is around 9 or 10 inches snow front yard in my house!!!

December 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  31. Presley

I watched Animal Planet's Top Ten Animal Moments of 2008 and the Michael Vick dogs were in the top ten. Christian The Lion was #1.

No shopping Anderson??? See, i love SHOPPING, one thing for them, two things for me. The sales are amazing.

December 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  32. EJ (USA)

Anderson, you don’t dance and don’t sing…. what do you do?

He reports the news – and then he spends hours in airports waiting for the next flight so he can – report the news. It's a fun life Anderson lives.

December 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  33. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Anderson...I'm with you! I hate shopping and I hate the gobs of people! I did all my shopping online!

December 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  34. Glen Up North

Erica: ever thought of buying someone a christmas-gift pair of nail clippers to hide beneath his desk? 😉

December 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  35. Jacqui Chan

Erica's singing was great!
    as much as we all love Anderson I think the world is a better place without his singing

December 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  36. Brandi - bottom of the boot

@anderson,

who doesnt? what makes you so special? lol

but you better get your mum something nice.

December 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  37. Mike, Syracuse NY

Erica, how about some Smoke on the Water next?

December 22, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  38. Peter Novi, Michigan

I wish I could lay a bunch of eggs!

December 22, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  39. Orlando

Rock on Erica Hill; Rock on!!!!!

December 22, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  40. David Gergen

Hello everyone - Even when we are getting into the holiday season - and, no, Anderson, haven't finished shopping yet - it is unbelievable and outrageous that the banks won't tell us where all that money went - and Washington never asked. Good for AC to keep a focus there... as the saying goes, if they can't see the light, make 'em feel the heat.

Meanwhile, that far western White House sure looked sweet for Ed Henry, didn't it? Were those golf clubs in front of him?

December 22, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  41. Ashley - Hamlin NY

Online shopping Cooper. Online shopping.

Nothing is better than shopping in your underwear.

December 22, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  42. Dale North

Not only is Erica Hill good looking, and otherwise talented, she can sing. What a star !!

December 22, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  43. Jo Ann, North Royalton

Anderson, I am getting on the blog late tonight, but in answer to your question, no I am not finished shopping and it is bitter cold in the Greater Cleveland area!

December 22, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  44. Mary H. St. Louis, MO

Ok, you can't sell your stocks and make any money... so sell your eggs...

December 22, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  45. Jacqui Chan

Ha that's true Anderson
    Yeah there is clearly a reason the McCain camp kept her from the media wait until they ask her hard ?'s that are important ya know perhaps some more ?'s on foreign policy – I luv watching her talk in awkward circles...! I look 4ward to her 2012 run We can all use a laugh

December 22, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  46. charles

holding treasury/banks accountable?

December 22, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  47. Michelle Brown

Sarah, Sarah go away, dont even bother to come back at a later day.

Remember that shoo fly u bother me statement??

No bail out of any other industry past the big 3, until u give the people of USA at least $10K to $25K per working adult.

December 22, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  48. Chris Baratta

Nice singing to Twisted Sister, Erica Hill.

December 22, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  49. Peter Alexander

Sing it, Erica!

December 22, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  50. Bonnie

Good job Erica!! I hear American Idol calling!!!

December 22, 2008 at 10:42 pm |