December 19th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 12/19/08

Here's how you can be a part of tonight's program. Just scroll down and share your thoughts on tonight's stories.

Want to know what we're covering tonight?
LINK TO EVENING BUZZ

If you want to take part in our Live Blog (and we hope you do) please try to follow our rules.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book)
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (we don't like screaming)
3) Use your real name

It's floor crew Friday. (Whoo Hoo!!) Don't miss what the fun during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. EJ (USA)

Also want to thank newcomers to the site like Megan of Shoreline, Wa.

Hey – Megan's not new, David G. She's been on here forever.

December 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  2. Marcus Harun

Hey, Thanks SOOO much for putting me on AC360 today! Its the bets show ever!!!

And I am open for that invitation to come down to the studio and meet you too!! Let me know!

December 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  3. elisabeth meier

good night and have a wonderful weekend you all

December 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  4. Ingrid from Northern VA

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend...
    Hug your family, friends, and pets!

December 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  5. Betty Ann, Nacogdoches,TX

May your evening be merry and bright! xoxo!

December 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Maureen T

Andy, I hope you catch your flight! Thanks for making me smile on this snowy Friday night! Enjoy the weekend! I hope you've done your Christmas shopping! 🙂

December 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  7. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

It's 45 degrees here and I'm dying (I think). That kid emulating 360 is GREAT! Anderson flies on regularly scheduled air service? Hmmm. I'm just thinking....

Have a great weekend bloggers!!

December 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  8. Rebecca from Waterbury CT

Erika, be happy that you are not in CT today...or this sunday

December 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  9. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

Anderson......
    Where do you will go weekend?????
    Good night, Anderson, Erica, David Gergen and best bloggers!!!!!
    Have a great night and Sleep tight!!!
    Have a great weekend!!
    Day of the shot with broadcast teenager!! he is so best on 360!!!!! Great shot!!!! lol!!! Poor Anderson just jealous of him!!!

December 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  10. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Haha! That is an awesome shot it is hilarious! But Anderson...don't give him your job!...Don't make the crew mad, they might not be there on Monday to help and then you'll have to do the show by yourself!

Good Evening Anderson, Erica, Floor Crew and Bloggers! Have an awesome weekend! Hope the snow doesn't keep inside the whole weekend! Good luck with the flight Anderson!

December 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  11. Connie W

In regards to that airplane map!;
    JESUS CHRIST! No wonder global warming is evident! Oh my lord we are polluting our skies! D:

December 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  12. Michelle Brown

Belinda, well said about what Obama owes you, me , others.

December 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  13. Theyler

Good night.

December 19, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  14. Maureen T

Andy, I guess a lot of people want your job. I mean who wouldn't want your job!!

December 19, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  15. elisabeth meier

this shot is GREAT

December 19, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  16. Sherrol in Canada

Why, thank you, Joel in snowy Las Vegas.

December 19, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  17. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Friday night Shot..Imitation is the best form of flattery..or, It could just be a pot shot..Night all. Have a good weekend.

December 19, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  18. Connie W

LisaL!
    She does, it's the kind of person she is and the kind of people they attract. It's despicable.

December 19, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  19. David Gergen

Hello again - hey, you folks are great to join in on this conversation on a Friday night. Your comments are always interesting - especially tonight is seeing sentiment registering mostly in favor of the lifeline for the auto industry (and especially the workers) as well as your widespread support for Obama's appointments. Also want to thank newcomers to the site like Megan of Shoreline, Wa. Have a great weekend everyone - being snowed in can actually be lots of fun.

December 19, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  20. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Anderson, Just call him Blago. I think everyone has trouble his name, it doesn't exactly roll off of the tongue. .

December 19, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  21. Tom K, Frankfort NY

Anderson and company;
    It's pretty snowy and cold here in upstate NY and I believe NYC is getting it too. Take it easy getting out of there and going home.Thanks
    for an excellent broadcast...See you all next week,

December 19, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  22. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

We forgive you Anderson...it's Friday...you can mess up Blago's name! Eventhough it just sounded like you coughed his name is all 😉

December 19, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  23. Margie from CA

Yikes, Sarah Palin again!

Great to see the Big-3 bail-out ready to go...however aren't one of the conditions include the second half of the $700B be given to Paulson for the financial institutions. What's going to happen with the rest of our money?

December 19, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  24. Maureen T

Bless you Andy I thought you were going to sneeze but I realize you were trying to say Blagojevich's name! 🙂

December 19, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  25. Anne

Hi David gergen,
    Its always a wonderful to hear from you.
    Good night,and have a pleasent weekend.

December 19, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  26. Rikki, Fargo, ND

I'm impressed Anderson....I think I've said it right once since Governor Blagojevich hit the news scene!

December 19, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  27. Mary

In regard to the new Palin news; you can't pick your in-laws.

I hope that all the bloggers, and ac360 staff have a wonderful holiday and that everyone's holiday plans are realized with out layovers or cancellation. Have a great holiday and to all a good night.

December 19, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  28. LisaL - Canada

sarah palin seems to attract very strange things

December 19, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  29. susan

I think all of these different groups need to sit back and stop complaining , and let president Obama choose who is right for each position.not by gender or anything else.

December 19, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  30. Belinda

Anderson, were trying not to laugh?

This story is just too unbelievable. It the holiday season, so I'm going to hold my tongue....

December 19, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  31. Sherrol in Canada

OMG heroin and meth. Well they do say Wasilla the the meth capital of the US.

December 19, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  32. elisabeth meier

who would have expected that we would finalsuddenly find any scandal in the Palin family.

December 19, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  33. Larry K

BEFORE we talk about lowering pay of UAW workers, lets look at management. most CEO pay is in the MILLIONS. lets "challenge" them to live in less than a $ million per year!

December 19, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  34. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

I found out teenager want be become anchor 360 or I-report!!! Hmmmm!!! that is so interesting!!!!

December 19, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  35. Lori from IL

David Gergen,

I agree with your comments concerning PE Obama's cabinet picks. I for one am happy that he's looking at who is best qualified (in his opinion) rather than if this group/that group is represented. I say go for the best and the brightest, especially in these troubled times.

No matter what he does or who he picks, there will always be some one who is not pleased. Leadership is about gathering the relevant information and making your best decision.

December 19, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  36. Dulcie - Denver

@Jo Ann.

I want to acknowledge that yes, in that respect (Meter reader guy hanging around to show the police what he found) Yes, you may very well be right.

If the meter reader believed that the find was significant, he probably should have hung around until the cops showed up.

I think there's plenty of blame to spread around

December 19, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  37. Minou, New York City

The MOTHER ? That's too funny!

December 19, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  38. Joel in snowy Las Vegas!

Sherrol:
    That's the whole point! It already exists in many places, and those societies haven't fallen to ruin, and don't show any signs of it. Love Ontario!

December 19, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  39. Betty Ann, Nacogdoches,TX

so if the Mother of Sarah Palin's daughter's boyfriend uses drugs, what about the boyfriend? Palin's daughter? I smell a caribou!

December 19, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  40. CAROLYN JONES

why is it hard to believe about levi's mom after all it was only 47 known meth labs in wassilla, alaska.

December 19, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  41. Kevin from Portland, Oregon

Wow... Sarah Palin is paling around with drug dealers.

December 19, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  42. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

@David, Indiana: I'm used to the snow, especially Lake effect snows and it looks like we will have a White Christimas but I didn't even get a chance to get the leaves raked yet. I'm sick of the snow already.... Eventhough a gas hog, I'm glad I got my 4 wheel drive on days like today....

December 19, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  43. Rikki, Fargo, ND

That is a really good question, Anderson! I never thought that there might be an issue of a team of too many rivals!

December 19, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  44. Belinda

David, I think Obama's cabinet is impressive because not only does it have women, but people from different ethnicity and backgrounds. I think he tried to put in the best people for the job.

The only thing Obama owes me is a well run government and solutions to the problems this country faces.

December 19, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  45. Mary

I think that Pres. Elect Obama is really trying to be non-partisan. I wish him all the luck in the world.

December 19, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  46. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

Hellooo David Gergen!!!
    Nice see you on the blog!!!! That's right! I agree with your comment!!
    I am glad see you on TV right now!

I’m new to this blog. Is Anderson’s usual contribution to say “Hello?”

Hellooo Dan in Califonia,
    Welcome to Live Blog tonight.... Nope, not much say to hello, just good evening.......

December 19, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  47. Betty Ann, Nacogdoches,TX

Everyone needs to chill and let Obama do his magic! He will need some tricks up his sleeve!

December 19, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  48. Sherrol in Canada

I guess we in Ontario are pretty liberal, we were just about the first to legalize gay/lesbian marriage, and guess what, it's live and let live here. No one here is stressing about it.

December 19, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  49. Carol

Anderson,

I say if same sex couples are stupid enough to want marriage, let them have it.
    See, I've been there, and with the exception of being allowed to visit in the hospital, marraige just isn't what it's cracked up to be.
    Single now, and very, very happy.

December 19, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  50. Lyndsay Akron, OH

Hey Anderson, Erica and Everyone.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Marybeth:
    I would assume he didn't take it to the police because he probably felt it would be like tampering with evidence. That's just my guess from watching to many Episodes of NCIS and Law and Order.

December 19, 2008 at 10:45 pm |