December 19th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 12/19/08

Here's how you can be a part of tonight's program. Just scroll down and share your thoughts on tonight's stories.

Want to know what we're covering tonight?
LINK TO EVENING BUZZ

If you want to take part in our Live Blog (and we hope you do) please try to follow our rules.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book)
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (we don't like screaming)
3) Use your real name

It's floor crew Friday. (Whoo Hoo!!) Don't miss what the fun during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Ken in NC

I wonder why did the meter reader have to get a Lawyer to represent him in the caylee case?

December 19, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  2. Rikki, Fargo, ND

My thoughts go out to the Anthony family tonight. This is all so sad. At least the family knows where Caylee is now and they can lay her to rest.

December 19, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  3. EJ (USA)

I tried not to get too attached to the Caylee Anthony story as I knew it would have a sad ending. I have no idea what is wrong with that mother.

December 19, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  4. MaryBeth

From what I understand, the bag with the remains was found in August...so they could have solved this months ago. Just because cadaver dogs didn't find the bag, doesn't mean it wasn't there. This was completely mishandled.

December 19, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  5. elisabeth meier

why was Caylee´s mother under suspect?

December 19, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  6. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I think the mother is involved in this, but why aren't they looking into this guy who found Caylee's body? He has been telling the police about this area since August and now it magically turns up in that exact area.

December 19, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  7. Debbi

George knew he smelled the dead body, then his survival mechanism kicked in and allowed him to deny what he really knew in his heart as did Cindy know it. They each in separate incidences told police they smelled a dead body. They're minds and hearts weren't ready to deal with it, now that they're force to they will have to deal with this. My heart goes out to them and breaks for Caylee,poor baby to have that person as a mother! Cindy and
    George should have taken her away a long time ago and raised her themselves!

December 19, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  8. rick

having a daughter myself, i just cannot, thankfully, fathom what it would take to kill your own child….something that the “tot-mom” apparently made know, was that she didn't want this child at all…and maybe should have been allowed to go through with giving her up for adoption at birth

December 19, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  9. EJ (USA)

I'm so excited that Anderson said good evening to everyone on the blog tonight.

December 19, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  10. Mary

The governor is certainly a perfect example for research into the effect of hair products on the synapse of the brain.

December 19, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  11. BJ Wanlund

Pretty ballsy of the Illinois governor to quote "If" by Rudyard Kipling.

December 19, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  12. Barbara in Boston

Gov. Blagojevich has nothing to lose by taking this stand. This development isn't that shocking. After all, anyone so blatantly corrupt doesn't have far to go to become blatantly defiant.

December 19, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  13. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

What is the reason they are giving to have these marriages nullified? That is ridiculous!

December 19, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  14. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

Why did it take the authorities so long to find this helpless child?

A tip tried called the police 3 times and police ignored him that he didn't any thing to do for him since August........ that was so long to found her......... too late for police!

December 19, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  15. anderson cooper

good evening everyone...

December 19, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  16. Tom K

With respect to what Jeffrey Tobin said, Blagojevich made a public
    statement without allowing follow up questioning, I think it is a very tailored public relations statement. Blagojevich cannot place himself
    in the position of answering any questions that could further result in perjurous answers to reporters questions.

December 19, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  17. Ken in NC

If he was any kind of a Governor he would step aside and let the Lt Gov. run the state until he is found guilty.

December 19, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  18. Sherrol in Canada

Poor little Caylee, I was deeply saddened. Let's hope her mother finally tells the truth.

December 19, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  19. MaryBeth

Gary Tuchman is right. NO ONE supports him! He has NOBODY. It really is him against the world.

December 19, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  20. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Yes, the weather nightmare. Nothing like experiencing some "Thundersnow" today....

December 19, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  21. maria

I think the governor is on drugs

December 19, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  22. tomzipp

Govenor Blago sounds a lot like Nixon to me ===

December 19, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  23. David, Indiana

Hi Anderson, Erica, everyone. I can't say that I've been a supporter of Gov Blagojevich, but it was good to see him stick up for himself today, or at least hear from him. He should've taken questions though at the press conference.

December 19, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  24. elisabeth meier

in this running style he wont get far, maybe just around the corner where no cameras are

December 19, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  25. Carol

As a viewer, I have not seen one iota of effort or action by Cayce to help the investigation and to help find her daughter. Do any of the expert guests believe that there is even the smallest positive action that the defense could use to say that Cayce was helpful?

December 19, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  26. tim

Mayor quimby ...er governer blago just needs to step down already, he's just going to ruin his name forever..

December 19, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  27. Carol

The Anthony family needs to respect the fact that we, the public, love little Caylee, and we too are grieving. "You are my Sunshine" was the first song I sung to my newborn, in intensive care. It will now...hold an entirely different meaning to me forever.
    This sadness is overwhelming.
    Blessings to all.

December 19, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  28. elisabeth meier

hey everyone, good evening. I understood this governor that he would even die to prove he is telling the truth if noone would believe him in the end? did I get that right?

December 19, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  29. Sherrol in Canada

Blago's quite the actor, isn't he? He wasted everyone's time today, with his 'no information' press conference. He's delusional, demonstrated by him saying 'political enemies' are out to get him.

He's NUTS!!

December 19, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  30. Belinda

Blago seems delusional...me against the world!

December 19, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  31. MaryBeth

Geez, he is so arrogant!!! He thinks he is so above the law. I hope he falls hard and swiftly. He is one of the worst, most corrupt politicians.

December 19, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  32. robin nunemaker

who is this guy from ill yes that right he is full of hog wash bull crap and you never will trust him or his wife again. lol he should just give up his postion and leave the state.

December 19, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  33. Ingrid from Northern VA

Hey everyone, Happy Holidays:)
    As much as I don't like Blago and have an opinion that he is guilty as well as Casey Anthony, what makes the US what we are is innocent until proven guilty and the media has a duty to be careful about the words chosen...

December 19, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  34. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Didn't Richard Nixon say much the same thing?

December 19, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  35. EJ (USA)

The governor of Illinois wants all of us to stop hatin on him. Stop the hate!

December 19, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  36. Maureen T

Good evening Anderson! It's Friday!...I'm so upset that the remains that were found were Caylee Anthony's. Why did it take the authorities so long to find this helpless child?

December 19, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  37. Belinda

Happy Friday all!

What a day. Blago is too cocky for his own good and seems to care for only himself. Seems like he LOVES the spotlight regardless of the kind.

I cried when I heard about Caylee this afternoon. I knew it was coming but it was still hard to hear. That poor child, I hope she is at peace.

December 19, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  38. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Hello Bloggers: No surprise about Blagojevich's statements today, however, I wonder why it took him so long to speak out.

December 19, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  39. Fred Kopp

Yeah, but it still doesn't explain that hairdo.

December 19, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  40. Rikki, Fargo, ND

My question about this whole issue with Governor Blagojevich...even if he is completely innocent, after all of this can he still govern effectively? Will the residents of Illinois be able to trust him anymore?

December 19, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  41. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

I guess the Governor thinks he's auditioning for the role of hero.

December 19, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  42. Barbara in Culver City, CA

Gov. Blago sure looks hyper in his press conference. Very strange body language. Keeps shifting around.

December 19, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  43. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

I don't want talk about Blago... no comment!! I don't believe him what he said this morning.........

December 19, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  44. Sherrol in Canada

That Blago is one egotistical goof. I believe he's running scared and of course he's not quitting, he's in dire financial straits.

The nerve of him, quoting Rudyard Kipling.....Shameful!!

December 19, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  45. Dulcie - Denver

Good evening Anderson, Erica and Best Bloggers!

I got hired permanently today, so I'm celebrating and am already enjoying Anderson's reporting.

Oh Geeze, Blogo! Cripes.

December 19, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  46. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Good Evening Anderson, Erica, bloggers and floor crew! Happy Floor Crew Friday!

Wow busy news day today!

December 19, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  47. EJ (USA)

Hi Anderson – my favorite anchor

December 19, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  48. Ken in NC

Good evening Anderson, Erica and all bloogers. Gonna be an interesting show tonight. The Gov. speaks with a voice of authority . LOL

December 19, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  49. Sherrol in Canada

Hello everyone.............

December 19, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  50. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

Hellooo Anderson, Crew floor and best bloggers!!!
    Oh no!! I was so devastated that one person found it's Caylee Anthony!!! I knew it ! I was so torn my heart! my prayers with Grandparents! 🙁

December 19, 2008 at 10:00 pm |