December 15th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 12/15/08

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/10/30/art.liveblog.jpg]Here's how you can be a part of tonight's program. Just scroll down and share your thoughts on tonight's stories.

Want to know what we're covering tonight?
LINK TO EVENING BUZZ

If you want to take part in our Live Blog (and we hope you do) please follow our rules.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short
(We don't have time to read a "book)
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS
(We don't like screaming)
3) Use your real name

Don't miss Randi Kaye's webcast during the commercials. She's filling in for Erica tonight.
LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: 360° Radar
  1. Vig

Those shoes should be auctioned on ebay and all the proceeds given to the families of dead Iraqi's

December 15, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  2. Candace from Canada

I think Pres. Bush handled it quite well afterward.
    🙂
    It has to be tough to be so hated.

December 15, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  3. Richard

I expect that now there will be a ban on shoes or at least a 5 day waiting period to buy shoes-need a cooling off period.

December 15, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  4. Faith

Hello Everybody!

When Michael Ware reported the shoe incident yesterday to Wolff, he actually had a big smile on his face. He should do it more often! Nice smile! I had a good laught too. Then I thought of the thousands of killed and injured Iraqis and American troops, and it wasn't so funny. All because of one mans ego, and belief that a President is above the law. Kind of sounds like a governor we know!

Of course, Caroline would make a good senator. She has been around politics since the day she was born, and sure knows all the twists and turns. She has always been involved in politics in her own way.

December 15, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  5. Tray

We will be greeted as liberators....yeah un hun
    Maybe those shoes were made in the U.S. and the guy just wanted to return them!

December 15, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  6. Don, WA

Okay – maybe the reporter is a bad shot aiming for the prime minister – I personally can blow it off – nobody hurt – but there are so many in the mid east and elsewhere who'll be fired up over this – so stupid of this journalist.

December 15, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  7. Kathy, Chicago

I have to say I was amused at the shoe throwing.

December 15, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  8. CAROLYN JONES

hi anderson&erica president bush is still our president, that was sad and it show where we stand in the world. but he should have been home signing the tarp plan for the loan of the big 3. know he has embrassed himself and our troops is still in that country.

December 15, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  9. Brandi - bottom of the boot

i absolutely adore michael ware. he is amazing.

December 15, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  10. Minou, New York City

I know nothing about C. Kennedy, so I have no opinion...yet.

December 15, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  11. Rikki, Fargo, ND

I'm a big fan of the Kennedy's...And Caroline Kennedy is a very kind and caring person I'm certain that she will do a fabulous job as a senator for New York and I think she will bring with her a lifetime of knowledge and certainly will have amazing contacts at the senate!

December 15, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  12. tikiri falk

I worked tirelessly on obama's behalf – however, no matter what a person's opinion is of President George W Bush.... the media needs to roundly condemn the potentially murderous and insulting conduct of a vetted journalist to whom the privilege was given – to attend the press conference conducted by the leader of the free world. isn't the power of the press the might of the pen? the press loses its credibility if it doesn't condemn the 'abuse' by one of it's own ilk.

December 15, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  13. Maureen, Georgia

Hi Anderson and bloggers. The Iraqi's really hate Bush.

December 15, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  14. Daisy, Houston

No, she's not qualified, but then again, how many people elected to public office could actually be considered qualified?

December 15, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  15. Lester

Why should we be surprised by the SHOE INCIDENT? The journalists actions and sentiments are shared by millions world-wide. Calling him a "dog" was actually rather polite in my humble opinion!

December 15, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  16. Mike, Syracuse NY

Under Saddam Hussein that guy would be dead by now.

December 15, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  17. Minou, New York City

".. perhaps reflecting an Iraqi opinion.." lol, ya think?

December 15, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  18. Dorothy

Good Evening Anderson and Bloggers,

Well, I think the shoe thing tells it all!

December 15, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  19. Dulcie - Denver

I honestly can't decide if Caroline Kennedy is qualified or not. I'm not sure what qualifications should be required, either. She'd certainly be an interesting choice.

December 15, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  20. steve

The media defends the journalists for attacking president bush as if its some joke.
    reporter should be in prison for years for insulting his country, USA and attempted assault.
    steve
    roseburg oregon

December 15, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  21. Becky

Good Evening Anderson and Crew, I believe Caroline Kennedy may not know the full extent of the requirements she is campaigning for, but I also think she has a resume that would make her a good candidate. Never know, unless you try...and we already know Washington is recently open to more of the community organizer type.

December 15, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  22. Maureen T

Anderson,
    G.W. can make light of the shoe incident but that gentleman was quite upset and in his country he is a hero. It appeared that G.W. was not in harm's way.

December 15, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  23. Imani from Maryland

Hello Anderson and Everyon... I don't not know enough about her to make a fair judgement... Hope to find that out tonight!

December 15, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  24. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Anderson, Except for having a famous name, I do not think that Kennedy is qualified. I don't think qualifications matter much in politics any longer anyway.

December 15, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  25. Jane Young, Windsor, CA

So the agents were maybe in on the whole thing. Just kidding. But this reporter is MY hero, If he'd had a size 13 shoe, Bushwhacked would have a bruise. A bruise in exchange for what he's done to Iraq? Not even close to what he deserves.

December 15, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  26. Ken in NC

Good evening Anderson and Erica and all Bloggers. The 2 shoes were funny today. What else can I say?

December 15, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  27. Don, WA

One of the few situations that Bush handled well I thought – but c'mon you don't throw shoes at the president of the united states as a representative of a country – very unproffessional journalism that did nothing for the progress of the middle east – the reporter should be ashamed.

December 15, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  28. Brandi - bottom of the boot

i counted 3 or 4 seconds between the flying shoes. lol

December 15, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  29. Vanessa, Silver Spring Maryland

I don't know if Caroline Jennedy is qualified to be senator. I mean people see Kennedy and automatically think of JFK. She's sure got the name. But in terms of her qualifications, I don't think that will matter. If she wants the job, she'll get it just because her name is kennedy.

What's up with the presidental security? 2 shoes, not 1, but 2 shoes thrown at the president.

December 15, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  30. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

is caroline kennedy qualified to be senator?

Anderson,
    Yes, I think so, I think ( Caroline Kennedy) she is qualified to be senator for Hillary Clinton...... I like that idea......

December 15, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  31. Candace from Canada

I am impressed.
    GW has some pretty good reflexes!

December 15, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  32. Courtney

hey everyone. i do not think that coming from a political family is enough to be qualified to be a senator, but i do think caroline has a political mind and has proven herself to be a political force. i think she can become, and prob will become a senator that has quite an impact

December 15, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  33. Brandi - bottom of the boot

i loved the look on Dubya's face after the first shoe flew by! lol

also, the way he handled it, was great. he did a good job turning it around and pointing out that a democratic country gives certain rights to the people and that this is part of that.

December 15, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  34. jacqueline, NY

Oh Hi Anderson and AC360land.

December 15, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  35. MaryBeth

Showing the soles of your feet is very insulting in the Muslim world. He couldn't have insulted Bush more if he's hurled obscenities and gave the finger.

December 15, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  36. EJ (USA)

good evening everyone… is caroline kennedy qualified to be senator?

Yes she is, Anderson.

She's compassionate, she's charming, she has name recognition (obviously), and she has a law degree from Columbia University.

December 15, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  37. Mike, Syracuse NY

Hi Anderson, no way is Caroline Kennedy qualified. If her name were Caroline Smith, she wouldn't be considered with her experience.

December 15, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  38. Kathy, Chicago

Hi everybody. What are the qualifications to be a Senator. I was thinking of running in Ill. It seems to be anyones game.

December 15, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  39. Leslie

Are any of our politicians actually "qualified?" 🙂

December 15, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  40. Maureen T

Good evening Anderson. Caroline Kennedy has the "name" and maybe the passion, but is she qualified? Maybe not.

December 15, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  41. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

I do think the secret service was a tad slow. President Bush bobbed and weaved really good, but you can see how it could have been dangerous if it wasn't a shoe.

December 15, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  42. jacqueline, NY

She just as much qualified as Hillary was,.. I guess.

December 15, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  43. Minou, New York City

hi all. Pres Bush had a very quick reaction there! Not bad at all for an older man. Glad he didn't get hit. Isn't it funny who alMaliki is not even flinching?

December 15, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  44. Candace from Canada

Caroline Kennedy as a Senator, I honestly never thought I would see her enter politics.

Should be interesting...... 🙂

December 15, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  45. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Good Evening Anderson, Randi and bloggers! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and managed to stay warmer than we managed to here in North Dakota!

I must admit that it makes me chuckle a little bit at the shoe throwing incident! 🙂

December 15, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  46. MaryBeth

Happy Monday, Anderson and everyone.

I don't know anything about Caroline Kennedy. What does she do? Has she done any charity work? What exactly are the qualifications for a senator? Besides public service?

December 15, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  47. Candace from Canada

Good Evening Anderson and Randi!
    Another exciting week!
    When are we going to see the end of this massive Greed that has sunk the economy?

Shoe Attack – that was crazy that he actually got a chance to throw both shoes! Where was the Secret Service??

🙂

December 15, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  48. Brandi - bottom of the boot

yes, i think caroline kennedy is qualified to be a senator. she has a lifetime of experience to bring with her and compassion.

oh, and good evening to you as well!

December 15, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  49. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

Hellooo Anderson, Randi and best bloggers!!!!
    Last night, I saw iraqist reporter threw his both shoes at our president Bush....... That is so funny!! not good day for Pres. Bush!
    ( we have snow last weekend BRRR! )

December 15, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  50. anderson cooper

good evening everyone... is caroline kennedy qualified to be senator?

December 15, 2008 at 9:58 pm |