December 12th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 12/12/08

We are big fans of the live blog. Anderson, Erica and the entire staff of AC360° enjoy reading your comments. We respect your opinions and love the feedback.

Keep in mind: every night we get hundreds of comments. Many get posted, many others do not because of space and time limitations. NEWS FLASH: there are other reasons. People are breaking the rules.

Here's a quick recap of the guidelines:

1. Use your real name.
2. Stay on topic.
3. We like criticism. But keep it intelligent and thoughtful, perhaps even constructive.
4. Don't write in ALL CAPS.

Yes, I know you can obey the rules and still not get posted. Refer back to "space and time limitations." Please keep trying – like I said we really do value your input. So, please scroll down and share your feedback on tonight's stories.

Want to know what we're covering tonight? READ EVENING BUZZ

Don't miss the Floor Crew Friday webcast during the commercials. WATCH THE WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. WATCH THE WEB CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Vanessa, El Paso,TX

Wow Anderson! racing against Michael Phelps?! What were you thinking?! lol Good job though

December 12, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  2. EJ (USA)

here’s a question the floor crew here is trying to answer… starburst candy. The package says Starburst… if a bunch or starburst are scattered on a table, are they Starbursts or still just Starburst. Thoughts?

I think they would be "Starbursts."

If you have one M&M in your hand, you don't add the 's' and say I'm eating "M&M's" if its just one right? Same with Skittles. So it appears as if it is acceptable by society to add or drop the 's' as we please.

December 12, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  3. David, Indiana

Happy friday Anderson, Erica, everyone. I understand the attention to other people that Blagojevich might have spoken to, but its only Blagojevich who is facing charges.

December 12, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  4. Naissa, South Texas

Hey, I have a question pertaining to the bailout. GM needs more money than both Ford and Chrysler, right?

I assumed Ford was the car company in the dumps, which made me sad because I'm a Ford girl, but it's GM that needs the most?

December 12, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  5. Mike, Syracuse NY

Anderson, why no mention that the UAW could have locked up the deal if they had just agreed to a pay cut so their salary would match that of nonunion car plants? Don't blame the Senate, blame the UAW.

December 12, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  6. Janine from PA.

Good evening Mr. Cooper and the rest of the 360 crew:
    They always say they will not resign but they always do so this governor will go the way of his staff person who resigned today. Wonder how long the trial will be? Do they have more stuff that they haven't released?

December 12, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  7. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

Anderson,
    That is my favorite candy!!!! I always eat Starbursts all the time! 🙂

December 12, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  8. Paolo

If the UAW indeed killed the bill, they should be consider a paycut because I heard one of the CEOs will work for "a dollar next year." It's only fair.

December 12, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  9. pati mc., camp hill, pa

Oh good Lord Anderson,

One Starburst.

Several Starbursts.

Jeez! By the way...Happy Friday.....good evening and PIP II was incredible. You gutsy guy you. I am jealous that you swam with great whites AND saw the mountain gorillas AGAIN. No bitterness here.

December 12, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  10. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Starbursters or Burst of stars..It's amazing what the crew thinks about. Too much time on their hands? Oh my, it is Friday..

December 12, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  11. Anu

Why do we feel the need to bail out the Big Three besides helping the automotive workers of these companies? You don't see the Japanese companies needing bailouts. Why don't we let Japanese companies do more business in this country and hire Americans who are losing their jobs. Also, anyone who thinks American cars are built as well as Japanese or German cars is delusional.

December 12, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  12. Kitty, Canada

Interesting question, Anderson. I'd go with the plural. Speaking of Starburst – have you seen the Starburst Little Lad Berries and Cream commercial? I swear you watch that and you can't stop laughing. You'd find it on YouTube. Hilarious. And with the economy the way it is now, we all need a laugh.

December 12, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  13. Patrick

Blagojevich as narcissist?

December 12, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  14. Jana, Indiana

Happy Friday evening Anderson. Glad the weekend is finally here.

In answer to your question, I would say they were still just Starburst.

December 12, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  15. Dave Michael

I know for a fact one of the hot topics tonight will be the negative vote for assistance for the auto industry. Well the way I look at the North American car industry is this…they are like a bad tooth, you can only fill it so many times before you have to pull it, let the extraction begin…

December 12, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  16. CAROLYN JONES

hi andersonand erica! they shouldnt be bringing pe obama into this, the media is wrong for making stop doing what he should be doing get his team together. we are in deep trouble again enough already.

December 12, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  17. Naissa, South Texas

Anderson-LOL, are y'all seriously talking abut this?

I say Starbursts!

December 12, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  18. Lori from IL

Hello Anderson and Erica and All!

Glad it's Friday - It's been a long week here in IL. But then again, politics in IL is never boring. It's kind of funny to see that Blago's not talking - maybe he learned something for all this?!

December 12, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  19. Brandi - bottom of the boot

i think the starbursts scattered would be plural but remain singular if still in the package. lol

December 12, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  20. Martina Ilstad Germany

Hey Anderson
    Sleepless in Germany! Thank god its friday!!!!I lot of things happend last week.
    I wish you a good night,and a happy silent weekend!Enjoy it,you diserve it!!!Hardworking man.

December 12, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  21. J

Mr. Jackson; out of all respect, what does the names of your daughters have anything to do with your involvement in this scandal.

December 12, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  22. Fay, CA

Hi Anderson, I'm really ready for the weekend.

December 12, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  23. Dulcie - Denver

I'd say StarburstS, plural. At least that's what I've always called them, anyway.

Man, you're really asking the tough questions tonight! 🙂

December 12, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  24. MaryBeth

I think they are Starbursts. Because when you ask for a Starburst, you are asking for just one little square...not the whole package.

December 12, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  25. Minou, New York City

StarburstS of course! sheesh..

December 12, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  26. Marcia Warren MI

Blagojevich should resign he's not fit to serve in the sense that he's lost the confidence from the state and the country.

December 12, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  27. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

Anderson,
    Happy Friday to you too!

December 12, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  28. EJ (USA)

wow – Jesse Jackson Jr's wife kinda looks like Janet Jackson

December 12, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  29. Mike, Syracuse NY

Jesse Jackson Jr. like sleazy father- like sleazy son.

December 12, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  30. Brandi - bottom of the boot

i must admit that 'the idiot's' threat of having plenty to say when the time came is interesting. he is still dishing it out like he is untouchable (pun intended).

December 12, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  31. Don, WA

Too many dark SUV doors being slammed in reporters faces.

December 12, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  32. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

I never realized that it was so difficult to get a Governor out of office. I guess they have to follow the rules. Too bad he can't resign and spare everyone.

December 12, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  33. Mike, Syracuse NY

Obama is sure taking his time releasing contact details.

December 12, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  34. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

If they want to try and prove Blago is not fit for office all they have to do is play the tapes. Case closed.

December 12, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  35. Paolo

Hi everyone! This governor is clearly running out of time and support. If state Democrats are already asking for him to quit, it is absolutely serious.

December 12, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  36. anderson cooper

here's a question the floor crew here is trying to answer... starburst candy. The package says Starburst... if a bunch or starburst are scattered on a table, are they Starbursts or still just Starburst. Thoughts?

December 12, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  37. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Hi Anderson. Happy Friday to you.

December 12, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  38. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

Good news for me!!! I am glad that Chief of Staff is not target by someone...... Whew!!!!!!

December 12, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  39. Minou, New York City

It certainly adds juice to the gov Blago story, when his colleagues insinuate possible mental problems...

December 12, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  40. Naissa, South Texas

Lori Ann-I HIGHLY doubt we will ever hear the truth. Well, the complete truth. This is politics after all. 🙂

December 12, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  41. Vanessa, Silver Spring Maryland

Hello everyone. I think it's crazy that Rahm is getting death threats now. Things are getting wild. I just hope that people see that Obama and his people had nothing to do with this crazy Blago dude.

December 12, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  42. Dulcie - Denver

TGIF! Man, what a rough week.

December 12, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  43. Brandi - bottom of the boot

happy friday to you too anderson! 🙂 i really wish you guys would put the sound up on the webcam, my TV is being held hostage tonight. im getting ready to fight for it. lol

December 12, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  44. Minou, New York City

hi all

December 12, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  45. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

I guess this Governor story has enough legs to continue onward. I wonder if we'll ever hear all the truth.

December 12, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  46. EJ (USA)

what's up Anderson

December 12, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  47. anderson cooper

happy friday everyone

December 12, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  48. MaryBeth

Hi everyone! Happy Friday! I hope no one has to work tomorrow, like I do. But that will be the only day I'm working next week...gotta love the hotel industry.

December 12, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  49. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

Hellooo Anderson, Erica and best bloggers!!!
    Thank god its Friday night! I am forwarding this weekend........
    Oh boy!!!! I heard Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich will be striped his power of Governor by district attorney today!

December 12, 2008 at 10:00 pm |