November 19th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 11/19/08

Here's how you can be a part of tonight's program. Just scroll down and share your thoughts on tonight's stories.

But, keep in mind you have a better chance of getting your comment posted on the blog if you follow our rules.Here are some of them:

1) Don't write in ALL CAPS (we don't like screaming)
2) Stay on topic.
3) Keep it short
4) No curse words
5) Use your real name

Want to know what we're covering tonight? LINK TO EVENING BUZZ

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. pati mc., camp hill, pa

John King is amazing. He has a future as an actor – can you say "the 007 of AC 360"? Awesome!

November 19, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  2. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

John King should have "shrunk" the guy and put him in his pocket! Ha! Good sport that John King is.

No pic of Anderson's Flock of Seagulls hairdo? Oh well....

Have a great evening bloggers! Nite all!

November 19, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Jacqui Chan

I don't think Nebraska should close the program off to older children. I always thought there should be a place where parents could take their child when they are not willing or capable for whatever reason of being a proper parent. I naive assumed that most states already had a system in place like this.
    It's not all lazy/ selfish parents either. I saw a woman (on tv) crying and saying that she tried everything to care for her 12 year old son but he steals and lyies and acts out and she can no longer care for him. She said that she asked many times for help but was always turned away....

November 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  4. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Good Wednesday evening. Alot to read tonight on the blog.

November 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  5. Saera El Paso, TX

goodnight everyone

*yay John!*

November 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Good night Anderson, Erica and best bloggers!!!!
    Have a great night!!!! Sleep tight!!!!
    Day of the shot with the daily show!!!!! That is so funny! lol!!!! surprised see John King!!!! excellent!!!
    I love dogs!!!!!!! that is so cute!!

November 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  7. Minou, New York City

great show, nite nite!

November 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  8. A. Miller

Love the Magic Wall ... JOHN KING ROCKS!!!!

November 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  9. Saera El Paso, TX

Well John King showed John Oliver business 😀
    yay John!

November 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  10. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Oh that magic wall..Who knew that little wiggly map could bring stardom..Give John King a Hollywood star on the walk of fame..

November 19, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  11. Jen

I cannot imagine anything that a child could do that would justify abandonment! It is the child who teaches us how to be parents, not the other way around. Shame on those unfit parents.

November 19, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  12. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Doesn't sound good that there will be any type of help for the Big 3. Get ready folks, we are heading towards a Depression. If they go bankrupt, the downward spiral will be fast.

November 19, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  13. Mike, Syracuse NY

Mic, the difference is that Shaq and Tom Cruise aren't asking for a tax payer bailout. The car CEO's are. If enough people don't like Tom Cruise and stop going to his movies he stops getting $20 million per film. If we stop buying cars, the CEO's still seem to get fat bonuses, and perks.

November 19, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  14. elisabeth meier

oh no... the poor dog

November 19, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  15. Lynn

I hate the bail outs as well, but the congress sure jumped to bail out Wall Street the banks and AIG. Sure more money to big business......now when it comes to the Auto makers-actual working Americans they are chocking and gagging about helping out.

No one should have gotten the bail out no one helps the home owner, out of a job, when the mortgage company says get out. Oh, I forgot they give the cash to the mortgage company.....you still have to get out. The United States of America is turning in to the land of the big money looking out for themselves.

Bush and the rest of his crooks should be jailed and let us have his money....he sure killed our economy with his me me me administration.

The rest of the congress and the ones of the opinion the heck with saving the middle class.......your turn to stand in line with the tin cup will arrive.

November 19, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  16. A. Miller

Maybe this issue in Nebraska is something that is a problem all over, clearly people are bringing troubled kids to a state far away hoping to get help for their kids. I dont think they are dumping them.

The child psych services in most places stinks. I live in NYC and could not get adequate (let alone good) services for my child. We had excellent insurance and we couldnt get services???? Imagine what it must be like for parents in rural America?

There is a larger issue here that is getting lost ....

November 19, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  17. Uma in Liverpool, UK

Interrogating a child that way - with no adult to protect him, nor speak for him - for four hours nonstop, falls into the category of 'intimidation', if not downright 'torture'.

November 19, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  18. Jazzy ,Md

For those of you who are claiming President-elect Barack Obama's choices for Cabinet posts are not "change." First of all, he hasn't even chosing ALL of his cabinet posts yet. Second of all, Hillary clinton hasn't even said "yes" to the Sec. Of state job. You are critisizing the man before he even finshes filling his cabinet posts yet, and before the man even gets into office. WHO CARES WHO HE PICKS FOR CABINET??? If he is going to END the war in Iraq, and get this economy back on track, reform healthcare ect.And CHANGE all of the policys of George W. Bush. Then to me that's change to me. When Barack Obama said he wanted to "change" washington he ment "change" its policys. If he ment "change" as individuals then Mcain would of been change as well sence he's not the same person as president bush right? But, what Obama was talking about is CHANGE IN POLICIES! And for you people to already place you judgement on his predency already, before the man even takes office yet, just goes to show you that you wernt a real supporter of him, and are un-patient. BE PATIENT! He has already picked 3 cabient post THAT ARE NOT FROM THE CLINTON ADMID. But, I bet yall don't wanna talk about that, huh? All you people wanna talk about is the recent people who have been called who are part of the Clinton Admid.

Give me a break!

Let the man do his job as PRESIDENT first. Then you critisize. Geze, I guess when that Mcain adviser called America, "A nation of whinners".

He was right!

November 19, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  19. Steve

I work as a corporate pilot flying the same type of aircraft that was pictured on your show, and I agree in principle that it did not look good to show up in a $35 million dollar Gulfstream 5 Jet. The cost in fuel alone for a roundtrip between Detroit and DC. is in the thousands of dollars. They can and should fly commercial like the rest of us, especially when they have their hands out. In tough economic times the flight department is the first to go. Also, lets not forget that the big three sell their products all over the world. You can by a Chevrolet in Europe, Asia, anywhere and everywhere. The bottom line is that their products don't even come close to Honda, Toyota, VW, Mercedes, etc. And their insistance on building and selling these HUGE dually trucks is absolutly rediculous. You wont see these trucks in Europe or Asia as they are not efficient and really not very practical when compared to a van with a diesel engine like you see everywhere else in the world. My personal view as they should not get any hand outs as they have been building very poor products over the years. I rent many cars in the course of performing my job and I can tell you that I have driven Hyundias that have better quality than what you would find in any Gm, Ford or Chrysler product.

November 19, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  20. Kurt S

The Big Three execs claim that they need their private jets for security reasons yet my girlfriend just flew from Minneapolis to Boston yesterday sitting next to former Vice President Walter Mondale. No secret service, no nothing.

Makes you wonder what they are up to that makes them such targets.

November 19, 2008 at 10:55 pm |