November 14th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 11/14/08

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/10/30/art.liveblog.jpg]Hi all! Here's your chance to be a part of tonight's AC360°.

Just scroll down and share your thoughts on the headlines starting at 10pm ET.

But, keep in mind you have a better chance of getting your comment posted on the blog if you follow our rules.

Here are some of them:

1) Don't write in ALL CAPS (we don't like screaming)
2) Stay on topic.
3) Keep it short
4) No curse words
5) Use your real name

Check out the Evening Buzz for the scoop on some of the stories we're following tonight LINK TO EVENING BUZZ

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

That dog is hilarious!

November 14, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  2. Mike, Syracuse NY

That's no dog, it's my mother-in-law.

November 14, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  3. Rae Neubaum

I thought, too, that the legislation that passed specified where the bailout money would go.How can they now change where the money goes? Will you please explain this aspect?

November 14, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  4. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

I hate to say........ I don't like dogfighting each other at all....... that is so odd!

November 14, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  5. Heather - Spokane, WA

What is scary is that dog sounds alot like my mom 🙂

November 14, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  6. Jay Memphis, Tn

appraisers jack up the value of houses. not fair

November 14, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  7. Dulcie - Denver

Geez, I'm not fond of yappy dogs anyway, but that's just creepy!

November 14, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  8. Jennifer - Michigan

The dog on the shot sounds like he's talking....weird looking though.

November 14, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  9. Jay Memphis, Tn

I think businesses is ripping us off with these houses.

November 14, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  10. Ingrid from Northern VA

Awwwww....even the 'strange' dogs are cute and lovable!...I wish I had a house with big yard (only apt.) and I would adopt many!!! I have my one goofy yellow lab Brady...who's actually snoring loudly next to me....Erica....does your dog snore and make noises when he dreams???

November 14, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  11. andrew matusik

Question:

The bank bailout was intended to "provide" the banks to capital to continue to provide loans to small business and industry inorder keep the economy moving and prevent the loss of jobs on Main Street...

So, why doesn't the Auto Industry simply get a loan from the banks we just proped with tax payer money as it was intended to be used. I am confused why we are being asked to provide "additional" tax payer money as a "loan" to the auto industry, I thought that is what the banks were supposed to do with the money we just gave them?????

November 14, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  12. Imani from Maryland

I believe whoever President-elect Obama chooses will do well with him as a boss.

November 14, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  13. Renee Y

That dog would be my death sentence. I would die laughing at that barking! LOL. This is not the one. Sorry puppy.

November 14, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  14. Saera El Paso,TX

that dog is so.. strange

November 14, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  15. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Glad to hear about that large dogfighting ring getting busted. It's about time! Especially after the whole Michael Vick fiasco. Making fun of that dog as the shot, though. Oh my. Can't wait to see that!

November 14, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  16. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

That's the worse sounding, yappy dog I've ever heard..

November 14, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  17. Renee Hayes

That is the most creepily hideous dog i've ever seen...

November 14, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  18. David, Indiana

Those fires look really intense. That seems like a very sudden evacuation of 5000 people. This fire was first reported on Thursday night wasn't it?

November 14, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  19. Minou, New York City

OMG , was that little critter for real? Haaaha! What a funny dog!

November 14, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  20. Jay Memphis, Tn

that dog is weird

November 14, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  21. Amanda - Leesburg, Florida

I was out when the space shuttle launched tonight and because of the not-so-fun clouds in the way, I only got to see a little bit of it but hey, it was still exciting to see. Ah, the perks of living in Florida.

November 14, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  22. Heather - Spokane, WA

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are involved in the wildfires. We had a big fire here not very long ago and I have friends who were close to it. It was scary not knowing if it was coming close to my home or if it was going to go by it.

November 14, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  23. Nancy

My cousins live a block from the mission in Santa Barbara and they are on alert to leave. Most who live on the Riviera have already evacuated.

November 14, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  24. Julianna Koster

My prayers go out to everyone dealing with the Montecito fire this evening. May God keep you safe and restore you to better than you had before.

Also, thank you to everyone that risks your lives daily to keep us and our possessions safe and secure. God bless and be safe!

November 14, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  25. Minou, New York City

Dog Fighting! How barbaric! It disgusts me what some ppl call "entertainment".

November 14, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  26. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

Anderson, I'm really tired of all this attention put on the homes of famous people. The message you're delivering is this: if your a celebrity, it's more tragic if your home burns down than if my home burns down. That's insulting and insensitive.

November 14, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  27. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

I want to say thanks Elaine Q interview first lady Laura Bush...... she is amazing lady!

November 14, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  28. Raphael

because if they go bankrupt they in turn are going to poteintially cause thousands upon thousands of employees to go bankrupt becasue they will belaid off, and possibly unable to find work. we just shouldnt have given the bailout to the loaners and credit companies because now they are just holding onto it and its like we did nothing.

November 14, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  29. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Clyde, All you have to do is compare how the auto companies in Alabama are doing with the Big 3 to see that the unions have a lot to do with these failures.

November 14, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  30. Ingrid from Northern VA

Scott from Canada...I agree with you...if I thought the bailout (loan) to the Big 3 was just about the execs...I would say no way! But there are millions of jobs, healthcare, and pensions at stake...I hate to see the middle class hard workers suffer because the top brass made bad decisions for the business....

November 14, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  31. James

If we the taxpayers have to bail the American Auto Makers, they should have to repay the taxpayers. They should agree to start making alternative vehicles such as natural gas. They should have no lobbyist in Washington, until the taxpayers are paid off. They also have to agree their will be a limit on CEO compensation.

November 14, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  32. Dan from MN

Jo Ann the economical loom doesn't look that promising nowadays, doesn't really matter if airlines survived, most of them did file bankrupt.

November 14, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  33. M.D.

So the BIG 3 auto companies are in deep trouble. Isn't the primary reason that they have been losing market share to foreign auto makers for many years now? For years, these NA auto makers lacked innovation and quality competitiveness. I'm not sure that any bail out can ever reverse the fundamental problem of competing in the international market. Unless you force American to buy only NA cars, any bail out will just go into a black hole. Throwing good money after bad is just bad economics.

November 14, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  34. eleanor

from what i can tell of his personality, i think obama can get along with almost anyone they might dissagree and in another cabinet that might be a problem but i think he has the temperment to put up with differing ideas and the humility to actually listen to them.

November 14, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  35. Minou, New York City

I can't fathom to loose everything! My heart goes out to the people who lost their homes (or are about to).

November 14, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  36. Bradley -Canada

Whoever is in the Obama Cabinet better be exceptionally well qualified.

The United States has lost an immense amount of respect throughout the world.

It will be very difficult to get that respect back and it will take many years.

What a tragedy

November 14, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  37. Jennifer - Michigan

Man! Those fires look so scary! When I was little, my house was hit by lightening and burn down. I'll never forget the terrible smell. My heart goes out to the victims.

November 14, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  38. Jane

I thought it was intresting when Obama said they made the right choice of vice presidential during his press conference, like saying, you all thought Hillary was the right choice, you were wrong.
    I wonder if he is just considering her for this post out of sympathy.

November 14, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  39. Maureen T

The California brush fire is horrible! Oh my goodness, I hope no one gets injured seriously...homes can be replaced, not people...

November 14, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  40. Curtis, California

Patti mc., there are many, many more auto plants than just those operated by the big three. And the others operate efficiently using business plans that work! The free market system needs to be allowed to work. We need to clear out the dead wood.

November 14, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  41. Jay Memphis, Tn

Laura Bush is so sweet I think she got George elected the second time, because she is adorable.

November 14, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  42. April, Cullowhee, NC

I agree with fellow N.Carolinian Kathy...jobs need to stay here ANDrequirements for designs and prototypes for better fuel efficiency and design need to be part of the package!

November 14, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  43. Karen (CRR)

Let's be real. The automakers need bailouts because they have such high obligations for retiree benefits that they under-accrued for in previous years when the dough was rolling in. They need to suck it up maybe Chapter 11 is the answer. They certainly have not been doing much to help in producing affordable energy efficient autos. Numerous companies have re-organized and survived. This industry is not a "newbie". They can figure it out.

November 14, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  44. shayne

before the auto industry is bailed out, there needs to be some concessions from the UAW, after all, their CBA's have helped the auto industry arrive at this desperate condition...

November 14, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  45. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Whew, for a moment there I thought there was going to be some controversy over what was talked about between Michelle Obama and Laura Bush. No surprise there. Just talked about making the White House a "Home Sweet Home".....

November 14, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  46. Sandra Cohen

Sorry, I am in Germany

November 14, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  47. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Erica,
    I heard that few people killed by fire...... but I am not sure I hear that some people killed or injuried...........

November 14, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  48. Ingrid from Northern VA

Prayers for all those in CA. with the wildfires...I was a volunteer firefighter for 10yrs.....for those whose houses are not effected...it is a HUGE thing to drop by the station to give them cookies, snacks....wildfires are the most exhausting and frustrating to fight...

November 14, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  49. Heather - Spokane, WA

I say make the companies that are trying to bailout go through bankruptcy. The rest of us have to do that so why cant they? I have already heard of a few big name companies going through bankruptcy at the moment, at least they have the guts to do it!

November 14, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  50. Clyde

Scott Conklin, the auto unions have a lot blame to accept for the mess as well. They are a major piece of the puzzle.

November 14, 2008 at 10:37 pm |