November 14th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 11/14/08

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/10/30/art.liveblog.jpg]Hi all! Here's your chance to be a part of tonight's AC360°.

Just scroll down and share your thoughts on the headlines starting at 10pm ET.

But, keep in mind you have a better chance of getting your comment posted on the blog if you follow our rules.

Here are some of them:

1) Don't write in ALL CAPS (we don't like screaming)
2) Stay on topic.
3) Keep it short
4) No curse words
5) Use your real name

Check out the Evening Buzz for the scoop on some of the stories we're following tonight LINK TO EVENING BUZZ

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. tania

Good evening Anderson and bloggers!
    I pretty like Sen. Clinton but I wonder, where is the change?

November 14, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  2. Holly Fulton

I love love love the idea of Hillary as Secretary of State. I think its phenomenal. And I'm so excited to see what comes of this administration. surely a step up from where we are now. How refreshing!

November 14, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  3. Curtis, California

We absolutely MUST repair the damage done to our image and reputation overseas. Then, we have to start making headway. A high profile leader with proven leadership skills is absolutely necessary.

November 14, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  4. Mike Biasin from Wells Maine

I personally would like to see obama choose a republican for sec of state but I'm not holding my breath.

November 14, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  5. lewis mackad

Hilary Clinton might want people to think that she's considering the job as secretary of state so that she can reject it.

November 14, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  6. Gary Okanessan

I agree, Hilary Clinton is the best person for the job. Former rivals with different views and a common intrest is too good to avoid. Not to mention Bill Clinton who would hopefully be playing a roll supporting Hilary and the states in a time of need.

November 14, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  7. Wamambo

SHOULD Hillary be SEC. of State or NOT

I think CNN is just playing with us; announce your sources and put them on the spot we are dying to know we have been left in suspense and cant wait any longer..

I think she should...

Please MR President Elect sort this puzzle out for us; America is waiting...

November 14, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  8. Helen

I think Hillary was a formidable opponent I hope she will really be President Obama's voice i foreign affairs and not go rogue. My question is would she someday embarrass the president i she strongly disagrees with him?

November 14, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  9. amye

An african american president, a woman as secretary of state, and a possible position for Richardson... I am loving the diversity of this new administration! what a refreshing change for our country!

November 14, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  10. Bryan - Canada

I agree, although I like Obama, I can't see his cabinet consisting of any more then just the same old people we have seen before.

November 14, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  11. Minou, New York City

Politician have to be pragmatic. That's a quality that gets things done...and re-elected. I'm sure whatever differences Obama/Clinton have, they'll just ignore it and get down to work.

November 14, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  12. Suman Sharma

Yes, I believe Hillary Clinton will be a great Secretary of State for President Elect Obama.

November 14, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  13. Janine from PA.

Good evening to Mr. Cooper and the 360 crew and all the bloggers. I had said that anyone disappointed with Clinton out of the running for president should support Obama as he will find a spot for her. They should not jump ship just because a woman was put on the other team.

November 14, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  14. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

I think it is good idea for Hillary to take postion secretary of the state, if she is willing take it.

November 14, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  15. MaryBeth

I have a dumb question: Who all is in the Cabinet? I know Sec. of State, Defense, Interior. Who else is there?

November 14, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  16. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Hello Anderson and Fellow Bloggers,

I'm excited to finally start blogging! I've been watching AC 360 for a long time (and I love that you have the podcast for when I miss the show!) and finally have a computer in front of me while I'm watching! Senator Clinton would make an excellent Secretary of State should President-Elect Obama choose her. She should definitely want the job!

November 14, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  17. elisabeth meier

Hi Erica, me too.... so we are three at least

November 14, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  18. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I wouldn't be surprised to see Obama give Hillary Clinton the post because so far it looks like he is just bringing back the old Clinton bunch. I thought he was all about change and Washington outsiders. So far it looks like the same old insiders.

November 14, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  19. Raphael

of course hillary wants it. she isnt going to run agains thim in 12 and this is her best opprotunity at aleast assisting or being a catalyst for change. I really want to see Colin powell serve in the cabinent some where, homeland security maybe?

November 14, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  20. Imani from Maryland

Hilary Clinton is the best person for this job... though i am not one of her supporters.

November 14, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  21. Diane Smith(TN)

OMG Anderson...Why are people sooo hung up on "vetting" her??
    She has been vetted plenty.
    As for "her husband" HELLO he was the 42nd President of the United States!! I just don't get it.
    I am a huge Obama supporter and I also like & respect the Clinton's too. They would never hurt our country.

ty

24. Lesa, TN

If it takes a "Team of Rivals" to fix the USA,

I say "Go For It!" President Elect Obama

I'm on your side.

November 14, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  25. Melinda

Happy Friday to all! Why are we talking about "the President Overseas"? Am I missing something? We need a strong leader who has the experience to help heal our international reputation. Clinton would be great and would show the world that our election politics can also expose the strengths of all involved.

November 14, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  26. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Hello Bloggers: So if #1 choice for Sec. of State is Hillary, I wonder what cabinet position Obama is asking Bill Richardson for?

November 14, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  27. Stacy

I love when David Gergen says "diss."

November 14, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  28. Mike Biasin from Wells Maine

Good evening Anderson. Looking forward to a good show and looking forward to the webcasts too.

November 14, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  29. Mike, Syracuse NY

It would be great news if HRC got Sec. State. She'd be gone from NY!!!

November 14, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  30. elisabeth meier

Europe would love Hillary Clinton as the Sec of State

November 14, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  31. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Why doesn't Obama just ask Hillary or not. Why all the behind the scenes leaks.

November 14, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  32. Jackie Komarowski

Good evening Anderson from southeast Wisconsin!

November 14, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  33. respati, jakarta

Thank God it's Friday (well it's already Saturday where I live)!
    Have a nice weekend everyone.

November 14, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  34. CAROLYN JONES

hi anderson and all, i dont believe he offered her the job that why he spoke with gov richarson, i hope john kerry gets it. sorry hillary friend stop making false leaks. we know obama dont leak anything.

November 14, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  35. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Hello Anderson, Erica and best bloggers!!!!
    I am so exciting for Hillary to take job for defense of secretary!
    Happy friday!

November 14, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  36. Judy from NJ

Senator Clinton would be a good candidate for Secretary of State. I think the job requires a new approach. She could be very effective. We must make sure we reach out to other leaders in a partnership and not with a sense of arrogance and superiority. For example, I would like to see an “Obama Peace Commission” operate under the umbrella of the Secretary of State and focus on achieving peace at the grass root levels with other nations. I could suggest Oprah Winfrey, Anderson Cooper, Bill Gates to be part of that commission. We need star power.

November 14, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  37. Sandy - Bakersfield Ca

I think it would be a good choice to have HC on the team

November 14, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  38. Mary C. Colorado

Good evening Anderson and bloggers, I think HC would be great as Sec. of State

November 14, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  39. elisabeth meier

I wonder if taking the job as Secretary of State will make it impossible for her to canditate for president the next time. will it?

November 14, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  40. Maureen T

Good evening Anderson! TGIF! Hilary Clinton as Secretary of State would definitely be a good thing!!

November 14, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  41. Robin - Texas

Good evening Anderson

November 14, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  42. Heather - Spokane, WA

I think Hillary would be a great secretary of state but I also think Richardson would be great too. Whomever Obama picks, Im sure they would do a great job with the position

November 14, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  43. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Hellooo Anderson, Erica and best bloggers!!!
    Happy Friday night!! ( I am back from my vacation)
    My hearts goes to people who lost their homes.......

November 14, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  44. Dulcie - Denver

Good evening and happy weekend!

November 14, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  45. Jeremiah Tacoma, WA

hello all what a nice friday

November 14, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  46. Amanda - Leesburg, Florida

Hey hey bloggers!
    I really hope Hillary is secretly excited about this and gives in and just accepts the job already.

November 14, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  47. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

Good Evening Bloggers! I am delighted HC is being considered for a position in the new administration. I hope it happens–she has so much to offer.

November 14, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  48. MaryBeth

Happy Friday everyone! I hope no one else has to work the weekend, like I do.

November 14, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  49. Jennifer - Michigan

Hi there Anderson, Glad to be with you tonight – looking forward to a good show.

November 14, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  50. Heather - Spokane, WA

Good evening Anderson and everyone.

November 14, 2008 at 10:00 pm |