November 11th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 11/11/08

Tonight on AC360°, the inside story on President-elect Barack Obama's meeting with President Bush at the Oval Office. Plus, the push to try to help America's "big three" automakers facing declining sales and profits. And, on this Veterans Day, Obama's battle plans for Afghanistan and Iraq.

We want to hear from you. Here's your chance to be a part of the program. Just scroll down and post your comments.

We'll try to post as many as we can from 10-11pm ET. Keep in mind you have a better chance of getting your comment posted on the blog if you follow our rules.

Here are some of them:

1) Don't write in ALL CAPS (we don't like screaming)
2) Stay on topic.
3) Keep it short

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the AC360° studio. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Kathleen

Thank you Veterans! Anderson, we want to hear want Washingtonians think of their new neighbors moving into 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

November 11, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  2. Amina TN

awww forgot the first puppy i say the obamas pick that cute chimp and the adorable tiger 🙂

November 11, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  3. Ken in NC

@ Genevieve M, TX,
    I do beleive that a Grand Mother is considered immediate family in most families.

November 11, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  4. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Erica, You should teach Molly some tricks then maybe Anderson will bring her back on 360 and show us!

November 11, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  5. ashley - willis, tx

awe! the monkey was feeding the little tiger cub! so cute! that makes me want to go to the zoo this weekend...

November 11, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  6. Jacqui Chan

did you guys really know the mother in law answer or did you google it; really?!?

November 11, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  7. Candace from Canada

That Chimp feeding the baby tigers is soo cute – almost as cute as Anderson! 😉

November 11, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  8. Maureen T

I can't believe what those young men did to that young man! I mean whatever happened to tolerating one another!? How sad.

November 11, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  9. Carol

I would rather have my children's Grandma living in the Whitehouse to help with my kids instead of relying on total strangers to do so.

November 11, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  10. sharon from Indy

Erica:
    Never underestimate the knowledge of AC360 viewers.

November 11, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  11. Dulcie - Denver

Erica,

Loved your little behind the scenes with Anderson about Jake and Molllie. So nice to see.

Thanks!

November 11, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  12. Allan

Erica...well, everyone is sitting in front of google don't forget.... 🙂

November 11, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  13. Jacqui Chan

burning down houses with families inside; this is horible. It's very hard to believe this currently goes on in America.

November 11, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  14. Joyce

I hope Sarah Palin wasn't wearing one those outfits from Neiman Marcus or Saks when she was cooking over the weekend. That was a pretty fancy outfit to be wearing and no apron even when cooking moose stew.
    When I lived in Anchorage we didn't dress like that when cooking, but obviously that is de riguer for the metroplis of Wasilla..
    Come on get real. Give it a rest, Governor.

November 11, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  15. Lorna, NYC

I want to see another interview of Palin. Just for fun; I want to see another SNL sketch. She'll probably be more natural in these interviews now.

November 11, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  16. Candace from Canada

OMG! That chimp feeding the tiger is soo cute! 🙂

November 11, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  17. Kitty, Canada

Families who stick together stay together. My grandparents lived very close by all my life and we're all still very close. I would to hear about First Granny – who wouldn't rather a loving relative (grandma, no less!) to be taking care of their children. I rather grandma than a hired nanny.

November 11, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  18. Ken in NC

FIRST GRANNY, Now that sounds so cool Anderson. They will have many there to care for them but Granny says she will care for her girls. That's REAL FAMILY. President elect Obama and First Lady, Michelle are really lucky parents to have a First Granny on the job.

November 11, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  19. Matthew Burke Rochester, NY

The boy who attached someone because of his is Latino is just one more reason for Congress to pass the Matthew Shepard act to protect all Americans who are target because of there race, sex, or sexual orientation.

November 11, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  20. kim-chicago

Kids, a grandma, a puppy, an energetic couple...it will be fun having the Obama's in the White House.

November 11, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  21. ericacnn

i love that you guys knew the MIL answer !

November 11, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  22. Jan Duxstad

Dear Anderson,
    Calling Michelle's mother the "mother-in-law" has a different connotation than using the more endearing and less suspect term "grandmother". Would you prefer to have a grandmother or a mother-in-law living with you? My point exactly.

November 11, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  23. Gisselle - Houston, Texas

Aw that's sweet!

Thanks for the Granny report. It makes sense that Mrs. Robinson would move in to the W.H. if she's been taking care of the Obama children.

Have a joyous Veteran's Day folks!

November 11, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  24. Lesa, TN

Michelle Obama's mother, Mrs. Robinson, looks so young to be 71. I sure hope she move to Washington to be with the girls. She'll help make it feel like home away from home.

November 11, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  25. Rik, RI

If the Obama children can be watched/raised by thier grandmother and not a surogate paid for by american tax dollars, then she deserves a room in the White house.

November 11, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  26. elisabeth meier

I would say yes, there has been another mother in law in white house, but I do not know whose, just do not know all your presidents. There were some Johnsons...

November 11, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  27. Marie

The UAW is as guilty as the management of the "Big Three" automakers. They should have mandated regular change to meet the market and to keep an oversight of potential of failure. The UAW totally let down on the keeping the auto industry strong - they epitomize the problems with unions.

November 11, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  28. Maureen T

Some of us should be so lucky to have their mother live with them and assist them with their children! I wish my mother was still alive! Michelle Obama's mother will be a great addition to the White House!!

November 11, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  29. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

So if the Obama's had a nanny, wouldn't she be expected to move into the White House too? Sounds to me that MIchelle's mother is playing the role of a nanny. She should be allowed to move in.

November 11, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  30. lynn

The girls' grandmother has been watching the girls while Ms Obama has been helping with the campaign. As first lady she will also be busy and I am sure grandma will be preferred by these young ladies over a nanny.

I think it will be amazing if she comes along and continues to be part of their extended family. Again a decision that is the Obamas to make!!

November 11, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  31. Diane - IL

I think it's great if Obama's mother-in-law moves into the White House. She has helped raise her granddaughters and it will help the girls transition. Also, when Michelle is busy with her first lady duties, her mother can take care of the children.

November 11, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  32. Genevieve M, TX

I don't think that having any other family members living in the White House (besides the immediate family) is a good idea.

Hopefully, it will work out and not turn into a case of "...it seemed like a good idea at the time..."

November 11, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  33. colleen from Canada

i can't bear to hear anymore about palin. she is so toast...she burned her bridges, and people will not forget her in 2012...meaning that she will not get any votes that she did not get in 2008, maybe even less as she does more stupid interviews...cnn, stop the madness...don't interview her...

November 11, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  34. Sabrina, Torrance,Ca

Hi Anderson!

I can't beleive I'm another Sabrina fed-up about Sara Palin!!!
    She said,"look what we're talking about, my shoes". Please,enough!
    We want to know about the Obama transition and the Inaguaral planning. Washinton hotels, tickets, airlines, etc. etc. etc.
    Is Sara getting paid for all the appearances? What about governing Alaska and her kids? Please, it's over for Sara, for now! Thanks

November 11, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  35. Rose Black

Hi, Anderson. I would first like to say a big "Thank You!!" to all our nation's veterans. I understand the need to bailout our big 3 automakers; however, I don't like it. If it were not for the fact that the failure of these companies would put millions of people out of work, I could care less about their failure.

November 11, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  36. Lilibeth

Hi Anderson, it happened twice:

Elvira Doud (Eisenhower's mom in law) and Madge Wallace (Truman's)

November 11, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  37. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Did the Roosevelts have in laws living in the White House?

November 11, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  38. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

I'm afraid I'm not going to pass the Quiz.. Mother in law at the White House? Too much of a brain drain at this time of night.

November 11, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  39. Amanda

Two brought their mother-in-laws into the White House. Dang it! I saw it on The Situation Room. I just forgot which ones.

November 11, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  40. John R - Doylestown PA

Hi Erica,

You rock. I'm gald you're there to keep Mr Cooper under control. I admire your talent and your great personality. All the Best Erica.

November 11, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  41. Lorna, NYC

Truman's mother in law!

November 11, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  42. Renee Gutterman

Hey Anderson,
    This is my first blog, and I must say, I've been enjoying your show immensely! Quick comment re: the "mother in law"....I applaud the family for wanting cohesiveness. For so many families in our society, it's all about how far away we can live from each other. Yet families complain about this. But in most other cultures, family is the biggest priority. Maybe so many of our "familial" problems stem from all of of this "voyerism" into what everyone else is doing.... Just do what's best for your own family!

November 11, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  43. Diane - IL

Hi Anderson. I was wondering if Palin's children were in school or being tutored while on the campaign trail. On the other hand, Obama's kids were in school. Education is one of the most important things we can give our children. When children are allowed to stay out of school, it teaches them that it isn't that important. A few days absent to see first hand how campaigning works is one thing, but everyday was too much. Palin allowing her children to be away from school not only hurts their education, but tells me how she feels about education.

November 11, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  44. Larry

Since the goverment is bailing out companies with our tax dollars; when are they going to bail out the american people with something besides a so call stemulus package.

November 11, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  45. Mike, Syracuse NY

Anderson, I'll say yes, and it was Truman's mother-in-law.

November 11, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  46. Mike, Syracuse NY

I think Palin is a smart woman who was put in a no-win situation. Of course, the MSM was much more energetic in exposing her lack of qualifications than Obama's.

November 11, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  47. Jacqui Chan

Thomas Jefferson??

November 11, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  48. Clyde

Anderson, really. Mothers living in the White House? Enough with the Jeopardy questions! We know you won! Don't rub it in!

November 11, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  49. Monica Chapman - Milford, CT

Anderson, I'd answer that, but I'd have to resort to Google and that's just cheating! Blog quizzes are fun though!

November 11, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  50. Laura Peters, IN

Truman's mother-in-law I believe.

November 11, 2008 at 10:39 pm |