November 7th, 2008

The Shot: Obama election night photos

Malia Obama on election night
Malia Obama on election night

Malia Obama on election night, and more photos of the family as they wait for the results.

Filed under: T1 • The Shot
  1. Tiffany(Raleigh, NC)

As a child I am sure all she can think about in this picture is the promised dog.

November 10, 2008 at 4:40 pm |
  2. Tiffany(Raleigh, NC)

Please America ! I really want that dog

November 10, 2008 at 4:38 pm |
  3. Joanne, Syracuse, NY

It has been broadcast by the media, that future President Obama was not keen regarding exposure of his family during one interview. These feelings of privacy and protection are understandable. Hopefully the media will allow these two young ladies to grow up out of the limelight.

November 10, 2008 at 9:14 am |
  4. Janie from Louisiana

Experiencing much hostility here in the South because of McCain losing the election. Attend a predominantly white church, and, as a mixed race individual, it is very uncomfortable for me. Many are extremely angry. Hear people as I exit services. Ashamed to admit this. We call ourselves Christians, but it seems as though we can't let go of old prejudices, etc. Yet, happy to endure it. See President Elect Obama as intelligent, hard working, patriotic and willing to serve at a terrible time in our country. Disagree with him on abortion, but the only thing I disagree with him on. Have stopped attending Bible study at my church. Too uncomfortable for me. The hostility is very evident. Yet, I do not plan to change churches yet. This is the South!

November 9, 2008 at 11:42 pm |
  5. Marti Middleton

What a wonderful night Tuesday was for this country, what a wonderful Friday as well! At last we have a President and Vice President that have passion for all of the people in the United States of America.

People keep referring to this being historic because we have elected the first African American as President, and it is – but I see it a different way. We have just elected a brilliant man as President and a brilliant man as Vice President. At last, we have come together and made the correct choice – we have elected two men we can trust and honor.

And won't it be wonderful to watch two little girls grow up in the White House? (With their puppies, naturally)

November 9, 2008 at 2:00 am |
  6. JACKIEJNY

it is so great to live in a country that has people who really measure a man by his character and abilities and not the color of his skin!
    I hope that people also give that chance to gays ,latinos we are all created equal and hopefully one day we will truely show the world the true united states of america! GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY ,OUR PEOPLE ,THE PEOPLE WHO WILL BE ADVISING PRES. OBAMA AND OF COURSE THE PRESIDENT ELECT OBAMA.
    AS OPRAH'S SHIRT SAID HOPE WON !!!! YES WE CAN, WE DID AND WE WILL!!!

November 9, 2008 at 12:38 am |
  7. cn

I was impressed with Obamas victory speach. It is refreshing to hear any political figure recognize all different type of people and races. I was particularly impressed that he mention specifically "native americans", as you rarely hear any recognition from anyone that this race even exists any longer. Hope this is a sign for positive change for EVERYONE.

November 8, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  8. Teisha Van de Kop

What a fantastic perspective! Reviewing these photos of Obama and family awaiting the results, I feel the excitement of Election Night all over again!

November 8, 2008 at 9:25 pm |
  9. Purnell K3 IL

Hope they enjoy being an example to other African Americans!

November 8, 2008 at 1:29 am |
  10. Maria

I believe that the "Hairless Mexican" dog mentioned in reference to a potential canine option for the Obama girls, is actually not from Mexico. Rather it is a breed from Peru, known locally as "Perro Chino".

November 7, 2008 at 11:56 pm |
  11. Jeffery M Smith

Anderson,

great show tonight.

Do you know if Obama and "company" were watching CNN, "the number 1 news source" for the election results?

I know I was Jeff

November 7, 2008 at 11:11 pm |
  12. Phyllis Knight

"Change" is the word.

The world has change extremly. It is respectfully up lifting to know that the history books will write about young African American sisters growing up in the Nations Capitol. It's really a beautiful thing.

God Bless the Obama Family,