November 6th, 2008

The Shot: Take THAT Hologram!

Artist Will.I.Am was beamed into the CNN studios in New York for an historic interview with Anderson Cooper... Erica Hill shows us her magical talent....

Filed under: T1 • The Shot
  1. Brandi-bottom of the boot

Erica rocks!!! i must say that the humorous parts of the show are my favorite. after listening to such serious and often depressing news stories, it can be quite uplifting.

November 7, 2008 at 1:03 am |
  2. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Yes, the CNN magic continues! How appropriate that the halogram technology involves cameras filming you in all 360 degree angles! Perfect fit for the show! Can't wait to see what else you guys have up your sleeves!

November 6, 2008 at 5:03 pm |
  3. Sue, Billerica, MA

Come Erica, you could have wiggled your nose like Bewitched, or folded your arms and blinked like I Dream of Genie, or scrambled your molecules like Star Trek... in this age of technology you have to do more than that to impress us 😉

And by the way, so we the audience see Will-I-AM but did Anderson actually see him in front of him in the studio for if yes, I didn't realize hologram technology was that advanced but if Anderson didn't see him but just we the TV viewing audience did, then it wasn't really a hologram but just video magic... hologram has to be physically visible in the real world and not just on a TV or graphic screen... so which is it?

November 6, 2008 at 4:03 pm |
  4. Heather,ca

Yes I loved the hologram. But I will say computer graphics and special effects are neat stuff too.

November 6, 2008 at 2:52 pm |
  5. Vera J

A one and a two...Cha! Cha! Cha! Hey! What's that blue light streak doing going through my head?

November 6, 2008 at 1:52 pm |
  6. Stuart Ciske

"Erica, That wasn't quite what I was thinking when they said see through clothing!"

November 6, 2008 at 1:23 pm |
  7. Jennifer - Michigan

Hi there, Very cute skit there – funny! Love your CNN magic. Have a great day.

November 6, 2008 at 1:12 pm |
  8. Sandra

Beam me up Scotty.

November 6, 2008 at 1:02 pm |
  9. Les

Now that's what I call multi-tasking! Or, is it multi-phasing?

November 6, 2008 at 12:31 pm |
  10. Missy

It's not really a hologram but empty space. Look it up........

November 6, 2008 at 12:30 pm |
  11. EJ (USA)

Erica & Anderson are simply goofy. In fact, both should make 'goofy' their new middle names.

November 6, 2008 at 12:23 pm |