October 30th, 2008

You never forget your first time... Voting

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/10/26/art.noahgrey.jpg]

Editor's Note: What would you like to ask Noah? Post your questions here or at iReport.com. Watch my interview with Noah on Friday at 3:30 p.m. ET on CNN.com Live.

You know what they say: You never forget your first time. Voting, that is.

Noah Gray can’t vote because he¹s only 16, but he founded Virgin Voting to encourage other young people to take their first-time voting seriously.

In this historic election year, Noah doesn’t care who 18-year-olds vote for — just that they vote.

So, he’s giving them an incentive: a video contest. Young people compete for a prize by producing films that call on other young people to take to the polls.

Read More...

Filed under: Raw Politics
  1. lampe

I remember my first time voting 37 years ago. I was very proud to be voting for The Democratic Party, because I truly believed they were the Party for the everyday working people. That was up until this year, when the completely disregarded the people's pick, for someone they hand picked themselves. I as a women, was a person who did a whole lot of going door to dooor over the years to get them votes. But, this year they told me it didn't matter, I didn't matter, all the years of working for The party didn't matter. So this year, I will tell the Party, that no longer respects me, to go to HELL. I will be voting for the Republican ticket of McCain\Palin, and never voting Democratic again.

October 30, 2008 at 4:56 pm |
  2. Lori Daly

My 47 year old friend from NY who now lives in Georgia, is voting for the first time in her life. She is voting for Barack Obama. 47 years old never voted and Barack Obama is getting her to the polls. Wow!

October 30, 2008 at 3:37 pm |
  3. Matthew

America doesn't care Bush is hated and McCain. McCain is probably Obama's biggest supporter. He's America's man, this whole extravaganza was planned out perfect through media propaganda. So they expect support, this country can't cover itself a democracy without the people's approval or vote. Our vote will be important, because it is just record much less direct representation. This will be my second time voting, although I still remain apprehensive.

October 30, 2008 at 2:47 pm |
  4. Kent Fitzsimmons,Kewanee, IL

The first time I voted, I voted for Reagen for his second term. I am an Independent. I remember it well. I really, really liked Ronald Reagen. I haven't voted in the last 2 elections. This year is different. I voted early today for Barack Obama.......feels like the first time......truly inspirational.

October 30, 2008 at 1:17 pm |
  5. Heather,ca

That is so true! I voted for Pres Clinton the first time he ran for President. I was so nervous. I was 19 I think . I remember how confused I was about the measures I was voting for. But over the years and with living and experience you go from scared and unsure to comfortable confidant. When you are in high school or even college they dont teach a first time voter how to read the legalize of the voter guide. It can be confusing. Of course that applies to all newly registered voters of any age including those who just became citizens. Voting is a wonderful right we have and also a very personal and private thing. The one thing I have learned which I am sure any first time voter can relate to is, every one has a opinion. But the most important thing is having a factual understanding of the issues and the people you are voting for. Dont let others scare you into voting for someone you dont identify with. Study and go with your instincts. Trust your judgement.

October 30, 2008 at 11:17 am |
  6. xtina, chicago IL

you just pretty much shot your credibility by mentioning moveon.org, but at least you did interview candidates on both sides of the aisle!

October 30, 2008 at 11:00 am |
  7. Lola James

Listen McCain was looking for "Joe the Plumber" today at his rally? Old Joe had his own plans trying to make record deals. And, McCain talked but, it seemed he forgot his line or could not remember.
    And Palin, well she is somewhere in the "View".

October 30, 2008 at 10:40 am |
  8. Cindy

It's good to see some young people actually trying to make a difference even if they can't vote yet.

Cindy..Ga.