October 30th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 10/30/08

AC360° is live again for two hours tonight.

Just like last night, we'll be posting your comments from 10pm ET to Midnight ET.

Tonight on 360°, the battle for votes. We'll take you live to the Obama rally at the Univerity of Missouri-Columbia. And, is John McCain closing the gap in the polls? All that and more, tonight on 360°.

We want you to be part of the program. Share your thoughts below.

But remember our rules.

Here are some of them:

1) Use your real name (Mickey Mouse won't work here)
2) Keep it short
3) Stay on topic (we don't want to know about your Halloween plans just yeet)

Erica has the night off so our floor crew is handling the webcast during the commericals. Don't miss the fun. LINK TO WEBCAST.

And get a look at what's going on in the 360° studio.
via the live web camera LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Linda

I would love to hear a positive message from McCain, just once.

October 30, 2008 at 11:02 pm |
  2. Jermaine (NJ)

I love Cancy Crowly's reporting. She is serious and thorough with all her reporting. Good Work Candy!!!

October 30, 2008 at 11:02 pm |
  3. Joseph G, pa

I am a registered independent and Obama has won my vote. I respect the fact that he has at least attempted to lay out a plan to fix this nations problems. McCain has shown that he can barely run a campaign much less a country. In my eyes if a candidate can't even effectively coordinate the speakers at a rally how is he going coordinate our economy and our armed forces? All I have Seen from McCain is poor decision making and constant attacks. That really does remind me of policies from the last eight years.

October 30, 2008 at 11:02 pm |
  4. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

I can't wait hear from Bill Clinton from Minnesota......
    That is good news for me see new poll Obama is leading McCain tonight......

October 30, 2008 at 11:02 pm |
  5. Tiffany,Medina,Ohio

I just wanted to watch AC360 not another speech.

October 30, 2008 at 11:02 pm |
  6. Teresa Chicago

Bush already redistributed money from middle class to CEO and oil companies like Halliburton. MC Cain saying that Obama is re-distributor ???? He is nuts!!!He need to go for retirement!!! VOTE FOR OBAMA We need smart President!!!!!

October 30, 2008 at 11:01 pm |
  7. Deverson

I think Anderson loves Obama to. he is still focusing on Obama's speech. You go AC360.

October 30, 2008 at 11:01 pm |
  8. Laurie, Northern California

Hi Anderson and Bloggers, David Gergen:

I, too, can't wait until Tuesday. I'm an election night fanatic. I love watching the results.

I hope and pray that the young people who have been so enthusiastic about Obama actually get out there and vote. We need them to follow through so much, especially this year.

Young people of Florida, if it's true you haven't been showing up at the polls for early voting, get out there this weekend. Make a date and go to the polls with your girlfriends/boyfriends. This election is so important and we need you go vote for Obama/Biden so much.

That's true for young people all over the U.S. We need your votes.
    Don't assume by the polls that it won't make a difference, believe me it does.

October 30, 2008 at 11:01 pm |
  9. GourGT

Anderson: Thanks for being someone we can count on to be neutral, and giving us both sides.

October 30, 2008 at 11:01 pm |
  10. Danielle - Randolph, NJ

Obama is an amazing speaker. His speeches are as sincere and professional as JFK's. I hope he's as wonderful a president as he is a speaker.

October 30, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  11. Minou, New York City

When do we actually have the complete results of the election in?

October 30, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  12. nicole

please don't play a huge chunk of Clinton's speech right now! If you do, i expect to hear entire speeches of McCain/Palin next.

October 30, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  13. Don Hicks

The long treck of the American dream may come to its end with the last 10 steps taken by Mr. Obama and his family across the White House portico to greet a new America.

October 30, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  14. Karin - Canada

What a gruelling schedule ... amazing how well Sen. Obama is holding up after starting this campaign two years ago. He certainly has the stamina to work hard, which he will have to do if he becomes President of the United States.

October 30, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  15. Patrice, Ky

I am excited about the election. The time for change is long overdue and it's coming. Don't forget to vote!!!

October 30, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  16. Chris from STL

That was a fantastic speech .... I really liked his reference to 'hope' in relation to a true incidence! It was very moving ...

October 30, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  17. John M., Ruther Glen, VA

I agree that Sen McCain and the Republicans are spreading fear with innuendoes and name calling, no facts, no clear directionion of thier own... they are lost!! However, I fear it is working as the poll numbers close in. Everyone eligible, please vote!!!!

October 30, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  18. Lissa

I`m thinking that in the next few weeks, perhaps months, John McCain will come back to his previous self...and regret, with embarrassment, the tactics he used, the VP candidate he picked, and the plumber he used as a symbol to fill gaps he could not.

October 30, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  19. dorothy

I'm enjoying watching all of it. I think Obama is such a class act. I can't wait to vote!

October 30, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  20. Diane - San Francisco

Obama is a class act. And what an orator. He talks to the average person so that we understand. Mr. McCain and Ms Palin are so choppy in their speeches. They jump from one topic to another and sometimes in the middle of a sentence.

October 30, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  21. Renee

Gergen makes me wish I was 22 again so I could head to Harvard for his master's program.

October 30, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  22. Richard the Paralegal and Law Student

Anderson Cooper, thank you very much for finally airing a full Obama Rally speech this evening. We need you to do this more often.

October 30, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  23. Kurt from Detroit

If I made $250K, I would be happy to pay more taxes to improve others' lives. Just like now, I don't mind giving some money to a homeless person even if they don't use it how I would use it....Even if I know only 20% of my money is used wisely, I would be happy to give it. 20% improvement in America is better than 0%.

October 30, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  24. Gene New Castle Delaware

joe the plumber put his self out there to be checked out on as usual
    McCain didn't do his home work

October 30, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  25. Sophie MN

ok I know I got long winded, but I wanna say this part 🙂

What, other than “don’t vote for this guy” “drill offshore” and “I’m gonna fight” is McCain even proposing? Those aren’t ideas to run a four year stint as leader of the free world.

October 30, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  26. Yvonne in Georgia

Thank you for showing Obama's entire speech Anderson. Very refreshing!

October 30, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  27. Lissa

MaryBeth – his 2004 speech prompted me to predict, to many friends, that this man would become President and make history. He set the stage 4 years ago. History indeed.

October 30, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  28. Brandi-bottom of the boot

ooh, not so lost now, hear anderson's voice. lol i was beginning to think the presidential candidates took over his show.

October 30, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  29. Chris - Garden City,MI

Senator Obama:

The United States legacy is at stake in this election, and your are the right choice to lead this country.

October 30, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  30. Jacqueline, NY

You gotta give this man credit for having the courage to pursue his dream no matter how big, and it his BIG. No matter what happens, Barack "Barry" Obama will still be my hero. He reminds me a lot of my big brother, another one of my heroes. God Bless You, Sen Obama. Love you much!

October 30, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  31. EJ (USA)

These are indeed historic days, Anderson.

October 30, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  32. Linda

Historic indeed!

October 30, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  33. thomas-pennsylvania

i agree with obahma change we do need or i think were going to crash and crash hard

October 30, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  34. Nicole R.

I am a 23 year old, african american female , Obama supporter. I am tired of people saying that black people support obama simply because he is black. I support him because I love his fight for the middle class, I agree with him on tax issues and many other issues. These are a couple of reasons why I am voting for Barack Obama, not because of his race. If Jesse Jackson were to run for president, I would not support him, for many reasons... GO BARACK!!

Nicole R.

October 30, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  35. Marty

I did find it interesting yesterday that Obama had one of the greatest American presidents campaigning with him; yet, joe the plumber, I believe someone who is delinquent on taxes, is the best that McCain can come up with, and today, even he didn't show up!

October 30, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  36. Timothy in Virginia

Sen. Obama knows how to draw the ears of America. These are our real concerns... our real hopes... and the realities of what needs to be done so that the change to come is a change good for ALL AMERICANS!!!

October 30, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  37. Brandi-bottom of the boot

im so lost. 🙂

he is quite the orator, isnt he? does he have a teleprompter? cuz if not he is much better than i thought. lol

October 30, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  38. Marylou South Carolina

Obama tells us what his plans are, McCain can only attack.

October 30, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  39. Susan T. in Indiana

If Obama doesn't become president, I am afraid of what kind of intense dissappointment will surface in our country. This man needs to be our president and we need to keep him safe.

October 30, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  40. Minou, New York City

Obama would also be the person most likely to raise America's reputation around the world. Under McCain America would continue to anger a lot of people around the world.

October 30, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  41. Lissa

Lauren – thanks. And yes, the vision he has is far and wide, rather than only on the finish line of winning the White House. I am inspired by him every time – and am not ashamed to say he brings me to tears with his speeches much of the time.

October 30, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  42. nicole

Anderson, I love your show but I can't believe you are showing this speech in its entirety. I think Obama has had more than enough air time. Please go back to presenting a fair discussion about the candidates rather than making us all hear this one sided speech. thanks.

October 30, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  43. Chris - Garden City,MI

Tiffany: this is history in the making.

October 30, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  44. MaryBeth

Everytime he references his 2004 DNC speech, I get chills...that was an awesome speech.

October 30, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  45. Kayla Kuni

Obama is doing a great job in this speech. Talk about trying to unite a country instead of tearing it apart (a tactic used by McCain/Palin).

October 30, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  46. Carole Mangels

David Gergen...the voice of reason. I so look forward to hearing his analysis each evening...almost as much as I look forward to being able to say, President Obama! Two brilliant, classy men!

October 30, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  47. Bill from LA

I ask you, who looks presidential? When I look at McCain, I see an old white man that tries to spread fear. When I look at Obama, I see a president.

October 30, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  48. Martie

So many Gergen fans here tonight – Anderson, you need to give David his own show (like Harvard would ever let him go) LOL!!!

October 30, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  49. Steve - southern Illinois

McCain seems to only think about small businesses. What about the people who work?

McCain never talks about anything except Joe the Plumber and whatever daily fear-mongering accusation on Obama they can dream up.

October 30, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  50. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Tracy,
    Yes, only one Obama on CNN!!! perfect! you are right!

October 30, 2008 at 10:47 pm |