October 30th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 10/30/08

AC360° is live again for two hours tonight.

Just like last night, we'll be posting your comments from 10pm ET to Midnight ET.

Tonight on 360°, the battle for votes. We'll take you live to the Obama rally at the Univerity of Missouri-Columbia. And, is John McCain closing the gap in the polls? All that and more, tonight on 360°.

We want you to be part of the program. Share your thoughts below.

But remember our rules.

Here are some of them:

1) Use your real name (Mickey Mouse won't work here)
2) Keep it short
3) Stay on topic (we don't want to know about your Halloween plans just yeet)

Erica has the night off so our floor crew is handling the webcast during the commericals. Don't miss the fun. LINK TO WEBCAST.

And get a look at what's going on in the 360° studio.
via the live web camera LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Dee, atlanta, ga

I agree with you EJ(USA). 250,000 will pay off my student loans in no time!! I've been struggling with them for 10 years and yet I am middle class. I need CHANGE.

October 30, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  2. Yvonne in Georgia

I hope & pray Obama wins the state of Georgia. It would be icing on the cake.

October 30, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  3. Curtis

Something tells me that we won't know who's elected for quite some time into Wednesday (if not longer). I wonder what kind of legal battles will surface as next Tuesday fades into the past?

October 30, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  4. Wayne in Montello, Wisconsin

Isn't it fascinating that in only eight short years the Bush elite Republicans managed to drive the economy into the ditch, and that McCain's own campaign advisers tell him to avoid any trappings related to the economy, in that, they can't win it? My vote is already in - and Obama is the man!

By the way, thank you CNN News for some of the best political news coverage I have seen in a long time! Others claim to be "fair and balanced," but you guys walk the walk. Kudos!!!

October 30, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  5. fiona

Gday all from Australia. Anderson you're the best. By far the best coverage we can get here in Oz. Getting the strong feeling around here that Obama is seen as the way to go. McCain scary and Pailin scarier! Am looking forward to your coverage Wednesday (our time).

October 30, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  6. Andrea in Ohio

This is the man that we need to restore our reputation in the world. McCain and Palin have the George W. Bush God complex that makes people hate us. We need real live diplomacy. We need Obama.

October 30, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  7. Rob in Michigan

Hey Anderson!!!! Awesome show!! My wife and I love it. I just wanted to say Enough with Joe the plumber!! This guy is a joke. He does not represnt the middle class or the hard working Americans out there. And if he is the Savior for the McCain campaign then heaven help him. And just shows he makes bad choices. And to think they would continue if got elected.

October 30, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  8. sandra

Mr Cooper, I enjoy watching your commentary and the panelist's that you have on during your time. I try hard to be a non-bias person. Whenever I hear David Gergen speak I immediately put everything down an play close attention, because I know Mr Gergen will speak the truth. I also enjoy the other programs, but yours is the besst.

October 30, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  9. Lori WV

Anderson,
    The swing voters need to remember, Obama wants to spend tax dollars in America and our programs, like education. McCain has the following economic policy, " ". Nothing, but four more years of Bush's tax cuts for the rich and keeping the military (and their contractors) occupying Iraq.

October 30, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  10. Jane Toms

Obama is going to be "asking " those who make more than $250,000 to pay more. "Ask" or "Demand"? . To tax a group more to give a tax credit to others sounds just wrong. That tax credit might just be used for buying $500 snickers. It is another thing if he used that money to improve schools, etc.

October 30, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  11. Kurt from Detroit

Preach on Barack. Can't wait to be energy independent. Bring on those solar panels, those wind turbines, those hybrid cars, and even the geothermal technology...You got my vote and my donation.

October 30, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  12. MaryBeth

I agree...Anderson come back! We've seen this speech already. I'm an Obama supporter and voted for him today, but I want the news!

October 30, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  13. Cortez

I am glad to hear the speeches of Obama rather they are the same or new. All McCain has done in his speeches is attack attack attack, where does he stand on anything. I dont know all he ever does is talk about Iraq which most of the country already says that Iraq is irrelevant.

McSame is just McOld.

October 30, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  14. Tiffany,Medina,Ohio

Do we really have to keep listening to him? Please come back to your show.

October 30, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  15. Courtney, Fl

i can't imagine Barack not being president. he and mccain are in two different leagues. americans really need to wake up.

October 30, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  16. christina

Very nice speech indeed I'm all for ending this war and giving us our money back and using iraqs money to provide for the armies who are helping THEM!!!!

October 30, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  17. Lauren FL

Lissa~ I totally agree with your comment. And what a great campaign he has run! This man has a vision and it is so refreshing!

October 30, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  18. Diane - IL

Earlier this week, I was tired of hearing about Joe the Plumber. Now it has become a bit of a comedic soap opera. What will Joe do next, or more like where will he not show up next?

October 30, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  19. Danielle - Randolph, NJ

If you are under the age of 25 you can stay under your parents' health insurance. That is awesome! Wish I had that situation. Go Obama!!!!!

October 30, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  20. Linda

Wow, I like the health insurance point about children staying under their parents until the age of 25! I wish I had that.

October 30, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  21. robyn johnson

Anderson, I wanted to ask a real question about Joe the Plumber. I wonder how much McCain is paying him to campaign for him. I remember joe saying he was tired of being in the media and now he is all in it. Will he be buying that Business he wanted to buy?

October 30, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  22. Tracey - Boston

CNN is the only cable network showing Obama

October 30, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  23. Patty

My son, a teenager, asked me if we could go and see Obama speak
    sometime. He's really got the attention of the young people in this country and that is so wonderful, not like anything i've ever seen.
    He's an inspirational leader, no question.

October 30, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  24. Angie- Miami. Florida

I agree with Lisa, so calm and so amazing speaker and even knowing how tired he must be, he has time to crack a joke.

October 30, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  25. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Obama is best speech I hear..... always have been focus to help people....... I already voted Obama so early absentee ballot......

October 30, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  26. Resa

It's amazing to me how downright mean the press and polarized democrats have been to Joe the plumber. When you can't ask a question of an elected official without being attacked, then democracy is dead. Obama's answer was what got him in trouble not the question.

October 30, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  27. Danielle - Randolph, NJ

Obama has a great tax plan that truly favors the middle class.

October 30, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  28. Cindi Abbott

Obama making good speech tonight. He seems to have tweaked it a bit to clarify some of his talking points.

October 30, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  29. EJ (USA)

I wish I made a quarter of a million dollars a year. All my student loans would be paid off.

October 30, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  30. Chris - Garden City,MI

I can't wait til Tuesday. Write this down. Sen. Obama will be President-elect by 9:30pm. This country is energized and the youth vote will turnout. Sen. McCain has lost alot of my respect I had for him with all the negative campaigning. Thank You Sen. McCain for your service to this country.

October 30, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  31. Jason from Denver

I agree, Lorie Ann. We've been united only by bickering and arguing. I hope after Wednesday, we're just united.

October 30, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  32. Lauren FL

Joy/Valoree~ it is because he really has no other options! Its not like he can ask G. Bush to come on and endorse him. I don't see anyone from this current administration backing him up because it would be a big mistake. Palin even has a groupie now. Seems like Hank Williams jr. is following her around now. Like a puppy! 🙂

October 30, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  33. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

This sounds suspiciously like George H.W. Bush's promise of "no new taxes" and we know how that worked out.

October 30, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  34. Martie

It is pretty sad that the Repubs have alienated so many voters that they have no powerful surrogate who can actually help their own candidate (or at least none who seem to be willing to help).

October 30, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  35. Lissa

MaryBeth – Obama is a class act.

October 30, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  36. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I can't believe the American people are going to get fooled again. They fell for Bush's BS four years ago and they are falling for Obama's BS this time. Will they ever learn?

October 30, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  37. Diane - San Francisco

John McCain keeps saying that Joe the Plumber is the middle class. Excuse me, I am a 58 year old admin assistant of the middle class. Mr. McCain is pigeon holing the middle class. I am offended – I am not Joe the Plumber

October 30, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  38. Lissa

Obama can get full capacity crowds at 10:30 and 11:30 p.m...but John McCain had to have the entire school population of Defiance bussed in today in order to fill the venue in Ohio (a swing state)...this DOES speak VOLUMES!

October 30, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  39. Tracey - Boston

This election is will be too close...I think I'm going to work late next wednesday

October 30, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  40. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Casey J, I agree. I wish the candidates would end the campaigning and let the last two years sink in. We've heard all their words. Now it's up to us to vote whatever way we choose.

October 30, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  41. Dave

Everyone make sure you vote

October 30, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  42. Jeannine

I stood in line in Georgia for 1 hour on October 7 to vote for Obama. We have had early voting for a month. The lines have been long and steady. 3 out of 4 early voters are voting for Obama. I am an older voter, not a minority, and only one of hundreds in my "category" supporting and voting for Obama. I have made small donations over the campaign to Obama and thought my money well spent on last night's 30 minutes. I vote for hope and change and reject character assignations that the Republicans have been dishing out without conscience.

October 30, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  43. SUE

please everyone go out and vote. we can not be to confident. Vote
    OBAMA 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 30, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  44. Sonya

Yes, we've seen Obama's speech before. I'm an Obama supporter but I'd really like to see AC 360 the show. Please Anderson, come back and do your broadcast.

October 30, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  45. EJ (USA)

Michelle Obama sure got lucky to find somebody like that.

October 30, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  46. Cindi Abbott

Am glad that Obama is comparing his tax plan to Clinton's and comparing McCain's to Bush. Maybe folks will get it now. This "redistribution of wealth" stuff has minimal wage workers thinking that the wealth they don't have will go to charity.

October 30, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  47. Chris

I passed a couple of young folks in the subway tonight involved in a group Obama hug. It really summed up what's different about this guy. He inspires strangers to come together and hug. It can be a better world.

October 30, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  48. lisa lee

Hello Anderson and Erica and CNN family..

I think OBAMA is so cool and calm, Please open the door to change.

October 30, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  49. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

I hope after Tuesday, the hateful words on both sides ends. Too many promises not kept could cause a lot of anger too. I hope we can unite and work through the bumpy times.

October 30, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  50. Lily from Miami, FL

I already voted!!! Go out and vote!!!

October 30, 2008 at 10:33 pm |