October 30th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 10/30/08

AC360° is live again for two hours tonight.

Just like last night, we'll be posting your comments from 10pm ET to Midnight ET.

Tonight on 360°, the battle for votes. We'll take you live to the Obama rally at the Univerity of Missouri-Columbia. And, is John McCain closing the gap in the polls? All that and more, tonight on 360°.

We want you to be part of the program. Share your thoughts below.

But remember our rules.

Here are some of them:

1) Use your real name (Mickey Mouse won't work here)
2) Keep it short
3) Stay on topic (we don't want to know about your Halloween plans just yeet)

Erica has the night off so our floor crew is handling the webcast during the commericals. Don't miss the fun. LINK TO WEBCAST.

And get a look at what's going on in the 360° studio.
via the live web camera LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Jason from Denver

Here in Colorado, the buzz about Obama is almost palatable. Colorado has responded to the challenge of being a battleground state. I've never seen so many people making the effort to be an informed voter.

October 30, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  2. Maria Davis - Chula Vista, CA

My son moved to CO 8 years ago and for the first time in his life, he is voting. Yup, you got it...early voting for Obama!

October 30, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  3. deborah

Joe the Plummer is being vested. The Dems have admitted doing a background check on him and digging through his trash! Unbelievabal!

October 30, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  4. Steve, MO

Obama has a packed crowd on a cool fall night in the midwest @ 9PM
    chanting and happy though he has not even shown up yet.
    WOW

October 30, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  5. Catherine Miller

I just completed my absentee ballot. I will place it in the mail tomorrow with a prayer that this country takes a new direction through this election. I believe that this is the most important election so far in my lifetime. I believe it has the possibility to change the entire direction and priorities, nationally and internationally, for this new century.

October 30, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  6. MaryBeth

Good point Paul! There really isn't anyone else out campaigning to McCain...Obama has everyone out and about campaigning for him.

October 30, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  7. Demetrius Hinson

What will we talk about in 5 days? We have carried this baby for 2 yrs and it's almost here. I am so glad because the pressure is becoming unbearable.... Let's start pushing

October 30, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  8. Danielle - Randolph, NJ

Karen, I think that Montana and North Dakota have better chances of going blue as the polls stand right now. Obama is very close there.

October 30, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  9. Stephanie

Alex says we are all talking about "Joe (not) the Plumber" and we should be talking about the issues. But McCain/Palin, thats all they talk about. Now as of today, we are all "Joe(not)thePlumber, according to McCain. We keep asking him to talk about issues – but he has no answers.

October 30, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  10. Kevin B from Ohio

Bill Clinton came to my city today. I am an avid Obama supporter, but I know that Hillary, and Bill are largely popular in areas like Toledo in Ohio and across the midwest. I stood in line with my sister today for hours to see him. He drew a large crowd in a small high school auditorium. Both Clintons are huge assets to the Obama campaign.

October 30, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  11. Cindi Abbott

Does anyone else think that Obama is putting too many eggs in the Florida basket? I just can't see it turning blue.

October 30, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  12. Andrea

Joe the plumber is making the rest of us Ohioans look bad. The minute I get a robocall from him I'm going to snap. I got two from Palin today.

October 30, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  13. Martie

I agree with David – he's at least impartial – but Karl Rove? The Repubs need everyone to believe that their candidate has a better chance that he probably does.

October 30, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  14. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Yvonne,
    Nope...... he is not vetted at all....... he is not real plumber.....

October 30, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  15. Andrew Sahawneh

Danielle, because McCain is trying to use him to symbolize the common working middle class man in America. Unfortunately, it's been discovered that even though Joe is worrying about taxes, he doesn't even pay his! He didn't even show up at McCain's last rally.

October 30, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  16. Greg

So if we all follow Joe the Plumber does that mean we can all evade paying taxes and become heros?

October 30, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  17. Lori from IL

Eugenia, yes, I'm nervous about this election. The 2000 and 2004 elections are to recent to forget. Everyone must remember to get out and vote.

Anderson, please find a way to keep David Gergan on 360 once the election is over.

October 30, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  18. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi! It's great you are broadcasting live for two hours–with the ongoing rallies and the election only a few days away. (Joe the Plumber seems to have become a gimmick, though.) I didn't mind the close Dem. primary race, but I'm hoping Obama maintains–or increases– his lead through Nov. 4th.

October 30, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  19. Keith Powell

Im losing a little faith in the polls, with good reason I believe. They are unreliable...but that Electoral Map (Thank you John King)...I can bank on The Magic Map!

October 30, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  20. Resa

Joe the Plumber is a symbol of the American people. He's not an elitist like so many of the media and politicians are. Joe the plumber's middle name is Joe. Maybe elitist only go by their first names. Joe the plumber isn't licensed. When your not licensed you can still work as a plumber under a licensed plumber. I guess working for 15 years as a plumber doesn't make you a plumber. Rediculous!

October 30, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  21. Cindi Abbott

I don't know why, but Pennsylvania is bothering me as an Obama supporter. McCain seems to be think he can turn that one, maybe because of the large number of older voters?

October 30, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  22. Victoria L (NY)

Has anyone acknowledged that Joe the Plumber hasn't payed his taxes in a while? I think Joe the Plumber is really a bad thing for McCain to use in his campaign. Although, McCain and his running mate seem to be good avoiding the facts.

23. Fjola, NC

Hello Anderson, and the 360 crew! I'm sick of Joe the plumber! No more Joe!

24. Valerie

John has all of my attention when he is navigating that MAGIC MAP–I love it! I am so thankful that we will NOT be spending a lot of time talking about Joe the Plumber.

25. jaz

The plumber canceld on larry king? 🙂 he is such s joke

26. Joe Asher

I live in supposedly very-red southern Indiana. Yard signs and bumper stickers for Obama outnumber those for McCain 10 to 1. I work in a busy bar and haven't heard a single person vocally admit support for McCain. I don't see McCain being ahead in Indiana. If he carries the state, it will be due to Hoosier's silent support.

27. xtina, chicago IL

LOL @ "the plumber never shows up when you're expecting him !"

28. Flora

I live right here in Columbia, Missouri there are alot of folks here that want change but don't really understand. I believe that if Obama wins Missouri it will be because of the younger folks. That is why he is here in a large College town, this close to the end of the race.
    I am still for McCain

29. Deb

deverson,
    i agree with you.
    i would be right in his shoes and VOTE for Obama. LOL

30. Dan

Joe the Plumber is simply USING the McCain campaign to advance his own interests. He's a joke and he is becoming an embarrassment to McCain.

31. Susan T. in Indiana

I did early voting in Indiana last week and it only took about 20-30 minutes.

32. Steve

Good evening Anderson,
    Great job keep them to their feet. But is John King bias?
    Steve
    Canada

33. John M., Ruther Glen, VA

I think Joe is real symbol of the Right, "everything is good, as long as I get mine" type me-ism mentality. He has seemingly given Sen McCain an inroad to some voters.

34. Harriet

Anderson, what about the independent candidates. How do they affect the polls for the presidency? I voted early on Tuesday in the Atlanta area.

35. Andrea

I have been getting robocalls like crazy 2 to 3 times a day. What is going on? Nobody else I know is getting calls like this. They're all from the Republican party! Ugh.

October 30, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  36. Lissa

Yvonne – nope...Paul just confirmed that. Thanks, Paul!

October 30, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  37. Bill from LA

Joe, is Joe here today? Where's Joe? I thought he was going to be here? AC, have you seen Joe?
    Is McCain that desperate that policy is coming from Plumbers now? I am sure he is a good person, but I am not interested in having a plumber advising the president.

October 30, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  38. Helen

I'm in GA, and no one should be surprised if GA is blue Tuesday night. John McCain has practically no ground game here since they assumed it was safe, and Obama's got a huge volunteer movement. This is the beginning of the New South.

October 30, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  39. Earl

I live in south Florida and the early voting lines are incredible. I voted today and it took me three hours.

October 30, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  40. Minou, New York City

Jo Ann,
    the Democrats usually get the black vote, so they would say that about any Dem. candidate.

October 30, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  41. Karen - TX

Hello everyone!
    I am still unsure that Texas will go blue; however, everyone that I know (of all races) are voting for Obama. Therefore, we may not win but it will be close.
    P.S. Most people stated that they are voting for Obama due to McCain selecting Palin.

October 30, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  42. Cindi Abbott

Hi, guys!! I wish that AC360 could be on two hours every night. I love the show!! GoBama!!

October 30, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  43. Jermaine (NJ)

"Joe...are you here"? (Senior moment)

Joe was on the Straight Talk Express bus fixing and plunging the toilet.

October 30, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  44. MaryBeth

Joe the Plumber is really Sam the not license plumber who owes back taxes....

October 30, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  45. David Old Hickory TN

Joe the plumber Roto-Rotered McCain today

October 30, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  46. Karin - Canada

Joe the Plumber has hired an agent to present him. Joe is now making a career of this and here I thought he is working in his job every day like the average Joe.

October 30, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  47. Danielle - Randolph, NJ

Joe The Plumber is just some blue collared guy from Ohio. I don't get why he got all this publicity.

October 30, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  48. Renee

Kevin, good job with Gergen! You embarrassed him good!

October 30, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  49. David, Indiana

Hi Anderson, Erica, everyone blogging. It's hard to be "perfect plus," seems like best news for McCain is how tight Ohio contest is. McCain could turn Pennsylvania around in the next few days and then take up the fight in New Hampshire so close at hand

October 30, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  50. Jacqueline, NY

LOL! Step aside, Anderson. Here comes "Lady Killer," David Gergen!

October 30, 2008 at 10:13 pm |