October 30th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 10/30/08

AC360° is live again for two hours tonight.

Just like last night, we'll be posting your comments from 10pm ET to Midnight ET.

Tonight on 360°, the battle for votes. We'll take you live to the Obama rally at the Univerity of Missouri-Columbia. And, is John McCain closing the gap in the polls? All that and more, tonight on 360°.

We want you to be part of the program. Share your thoughts below.

But remember our rules.

Here are some of them:

1) Use your real name (Mickey Mouse won't work here)
2) Keep it short
3) Stay on topic (we don't want to know about your Halloween plans just yeet)

Erica has the night off so our floor crew is handling the webcast during the commericals. Don't miss the fun. LINK TO WEBCAST.

And get a look at what's going on in the 360° studio.
via the live web camera LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Greg

Joe the plumber is mavericking McCain/Palin fame.

October 30, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  2. Clarence Albuquerque

The plumber never shows up when your expecting.

October 30, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  3. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

We can't forget that it was Obama who first brought Joe the plumber into our mindset. Guess he wishes he'd never walked that neighborhood and gave him Joe the mic.

October 30, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  4. Cortez

I agree I am very nervous about the 4th. Or maybe its anxiety. What really scares me is that after the elections are over I dont know what to do with my time

October 30, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  5. Yvonne in Georgia

Was Joe the Plumber vetted?

October 30, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  6. Minou, New York City

Woo Hoo Kevin!! You had biiig shoes to fill and you did great! 🙂

You're a character!

October 30, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  7. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Loved the first webcast! The Floor Crew is great! Gergen likes "tricks" eh? Hmmm.

October 30, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  8. Keith Powell

Re: Jana-

Wow! 12 hours long!! I have elderly grandparents who can not stand no longer than 10 minutes without getting tired! This voting process must be reformed! Talking about a deterrent from voting! Unsettling....

October 30, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  9. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Anderson,
    Thanks for let me up the late 2 hours....... it is so awesome 2 hours tonight!!!!! 🙂

October 30, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  10. Claire

Love Kevin doing the Webcast! Props to him.

October 30, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  11. Karin - Canada

Anyone who is swayed by insinuations, presented as "fact", better do some investigation of the facts. Listen to the speeches ... do your research and satisfy yourself that you are making the right choice... but most importantly... VOTE

October 30, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  12. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

It is amazing how many times you bring up the significance of Obama getting the black vote, but continue to insist this election isn't about race. Unbelievable!

October 30, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  13. Linda

I'm kind of liking the late night rallies. Always wondered how they got so many people in the middle of the day.

October 30, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  14. Renee

Anderson, would you please explain to the viewers the sample size of voters in the CNN Poll of Polls? Are we talking hundreds or thousands on these polls. Thanks.

October 30, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  15. Deb

i know McCain will give him the money to start his own business, and it want be 250k. so, now he fit in Obama plan not to be taxes.

October 30, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  16. Doug, Pottsville, PA

Sorry to hear Erica's off tonight...I like her candor...I can't wait to vote for Obama...This is the first time I have ever been as involved as I have with any level of election. I have donated to Senator Obama's campaign 3 times (in small amounts) and have participated in rallies. My wife and I are working the phone bank in our local Democratic office. Lastly, I switched from non-partisan to Democrat and my wfie switched from Republican to Democrat. Thanks for letting me participate. Doug

October 30, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  17. Deverson

I think Joe the plumber is or will be getting assistant from John the Maverick McCain to buy his business. That is why he left everything to go on the road. Also this man does not have a plumber's license and he is broke. Joe The plumber was planted by McCain and his campaign.

October 30, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  18. Hannah M.

Evening all,

Counting on you to keep me awake tonight, Anderson; thank goodness for a two-hour feed. I can never have enough information.

Re-writing things as you go? Ouch. And I thought grading these essays while trying to keep my head on the news was bad.

October 30, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  19. Jacqueline, NY

Hello AC360 world!

Are we there yet? Is there a such thing as "election lag?"

October 30, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  20. Jana, Indiana

Good evening. I have a friend in Georgia and she says that some places to vote, their are lines that are 12 hours long.

October 30, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  21. Maureen / Newman, California

I have a feeling Tuesday will be a very late night. It will be hard to wake up for work Wednesday!

October 30, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  22. Martie

Anderson – you're killing me with the 2 hour blog – great fun but I was yawning all day (LOL)!!

October 30, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  23. Mark

One big question here in Florida is we'll the youth actually vote, we've seen students going from high school to the polls, and even a group of coming home from college to vote with there family...will they come out or just register again this year?

October 30, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  24. Jermaine (NJ)

Hello Anderson....

If Joe the Plumber was authentic he would not be shopping around for a record deal and need a publicist. It seems like he is an opportunist looking to cash in on this 15 minutes.

October 30, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  25. Nikki, Houston

Anderson,

CNN's political ticker says that Obama's lead dropped to 5 points, but you say that it is at 7. Why do you have different numbers from them?

October 30, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  26. Karen from NJ

I thought Joe the Plumber has a job to do and a "business" to run? I guess with his new found-fame, it's not really necessary that he work now. Hmmm....

October 30, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  27. Monica Chapman - Milford, CT

So excited to hear 360 will be on for 2 hours again tonight! Thanks Anderson!

October 30, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  28. Tracey - Boston

The Plummer is not the only symbol of working Americans

October 30, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  29. Lissa

I'm gonna miss the 2-hour broadcasts when the election is over!

October 30, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  30. Claire

Ugh, I can't wait until the election is over so we don't have to hear about "Joe the Plumber" anymore!

October 30, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  31. Karin - Canada

I am questioning anyone's character who tries to tear down someone else's character to bolster his own.

October 30, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  32. Saera El Paso,TX

hello everyone

October 30, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  33. Robin

"Joe the Plumber" standing up John McCain made my day!

October 30, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  34. Monica Chapman - Milford, CT

Hi everyone! Didn't Joe the Plumber once say he was sick of the spotlight? I'm certainly ready to stop hearing about him!

October 30, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  35. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Me either, Minou...... I can't wait for Tuesday too...... 🙂

October 30, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  36. thomas from pa

i just would like to know why the presidetial canidate john mccain couldnt find ( joe). when john called out for him and thought he was out there and wasnt does that give you an idea how bad there struggling to stay afloat

October 30, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  37. EJ (USA)

Hi Anderson!

October 30, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  38. Danielle - Randolph, NJ

Good evening Anderson, Erica and bloggers! I hope Obama gets a good lead in Missouri after tonight 🙂

October 30, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  39. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Hello Bloggers! Another 2 hour show! Woo Hoo! Interesting what's happening with the polls narrowing and then not narrowing.

October 30, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  40. Stephanie

Hi Everyone, looking forward to the conversation.

October 30, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  41. Eugenia-San Francisco, Ca

I wonder if everyone feels as nervous about the election as I do!

October 30, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  42. Vickie H. Chesapeake, VA

I am excited that OBAMA is leading in most polls. All of my family is voting for him and we are PUMPED! As an Independent, no Republican has our vote this year, not even home grown ones!

October 30, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  43. anderson cooper

good evening everyone.. we are on for two hours again live tonite.. we are going to bring you obamas comments live in their entirety.. and some of president clinton's comments.. we'll also have mcain and palin from earlier in the day.... im re-writing stuff as we go, so i may not be blogging as much tonite, but i will be reading your comments..

October 30, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  44. Lucía

Hello everyone! I`m not an america, but I`m looking forward for Tuesday!

October 30, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  45. Jan - Montana

I know that Montana only has 3 Electoral votes, but the last poll I saw had Sen. Obama and Sen. McCain only 4% points apart – within the margin of error. Why is Montana still portrayed as leaning toward Sen. McCain?
    On another topic, I received one of those despicable robocalls today from the McCain camp.. The topic was gun control. I hung up half-way through the guy's snarky message. What a turn-off!!!!

October 30, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  46. James G from Los Angeles

I have a feeling that the vote on Nov 4, 2008 is going to be a tie. Bradly factor, race, voter registrations thrown out, will be the cause.

Have we ever had a tie? What would happen if we did?

Riots, civil war, new vote, what?

October 30, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  47. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Hellooo Anderson and best bloggers!!!!
    I can't wait hear Obama tonight in Missouri!

October 30, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  48. Minou, New York City

Hi everyone, I can't wait for Tuesday!!! I want to know for sure about who's gonna be IT!

October 30, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  49. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

Good evening 360 Bloggers!

October 30, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  50. MaryBeth

Happy Thursday everyone! I voted today..took just over an hour..not bad for the last day of early voting in Chicago.

October 30, 2008 at 10:00 pm |