October 28th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 10/28/08

Got a thought? We want to hear from you.  This is your chance to sound off during AC360°.  Share your feedback below.

But, you have to play by the rules. Yes, there are rules.

Keep in mind we get hundreds of comments each night. We post many of them. Others don't make the cut due to space and time limitations. Others are deleted because you're not following our guidelines. Here are some of them:

1) Use your real name.
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (no "screaming" allowed)
3) No links to other web sites
4) Keep it short. (Sorry, we don't have room for an online book)
5) Stay on topic (make sure your comment applies to the blog posting)

On 360° tonight, a big rally on Wall Street. The Dow has its second best day ever. Is your 401K on the rebound? Plus, we're on the trail with just one week to go until the election. Senators McCain and Obama were both in Pennslyvania today, just 90 miles apart. We've got new poll numbers state-by-state. And, in our crime & punishment report, we'll have the latest on Jennifer Hudson's triple tragedy. Her nephew, mother and brother have all been found murdered in Chicago. Are investigators any closer to naming a suspect? Find out tonight on 360°.

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at Anderson and Erica on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We'll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Wait.  One more guideline: There's a time limit.  We'll start posting comments at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.  Blog away. We want to hear from you!

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

I agree with Kevin Madden. These anon "remarks" supposedly coming from the McCain camp seems suspect to me. If these people are so disgruntled then why can't they name themselves?

October 28, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  2. Martie

Danny – I agree with you up to a point – but the last election I remember with this much electricity was the JFK/Nixon match-up in 1960 – it was the only other time I can remember where any candidate called for us all to venture courageously into the unknown in order to move forward.

October 28, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  3. Lynn in Manitoba,Canada

Hey Anderson and Erica...This is my first blog ever. I am both nervous and excited about next Tuesday. This is actually the first time since I started voting in 1974, that I had such a hard time deciding who to vote for. But it is done....the vote's in the mail! I'll be watching from the sidelines here in Canada, to see who is the victor!
    Love your show......

October 28, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  4. Dee

Why are so many Americans afraid of change? I want a piece of the American dream!

October 28, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  5. Mike, Syracuse NY

Hey Roland if McCain's campaign is so dysfunctional, why is this election so close? The best thing about Nov. 4th will be not listening to you any more!

October 28, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  6. Danny from Texas

Roland is absolutely correct, the McCain campaign is dysfunctional.

October 28, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  7. sally az

nail on the head roland, they are psychos!

October 28, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  8. Cory-KC, MO

Hey Anderson,
    Just wanted to say I really enjoy your program....also I wanted to encourage everyone once again to get out there and VOTE!! I am so excited for election day and can't wait for the results!! Also, I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to Jennifer Hudson and her family....

Thanks a bunch!!
    Cory Mahin, KC, MO

October 28, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  9. EJ (USA)

I don't buy what Kevin said. I have never heard of parts of a campaign coming out saying their candidate is a "whack job" a week before the election.

Roland Martin has it right.

October 28, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  10. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

I don't want to be negative, but I can hardly wait for this election to be over, so we can go back to the "regular" 360. How much can we keep (intelligently) talking about the same thing.

October 28, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  11. ericacnn

I'm always amazed by the actual number of voters – I hope more Americans turn out this year to make themselves heard, whatever their position. It is an incredible privilege to vote – it also gives you the freedom to complain! 😉

October 28, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  12. Sandra (Oakville, Ontario)

I think that it's weird that joe "the plumber" says that he'll be voting for a "real" american. Then what's Obama? Isn't "real" American...

October 28, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  13. alisia hazard

John Mc Cain and Sarah Palin Need to stop talking about Israel being
    knocked ooff the Map. I am very desapointed in Ms. Palin she should
    know that is not true. She Claims to be a Christian.
    she needs to read her bible.

October 28, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  14. liz toledo oh

Hopefully after the election people will still be interested in politics.

A lot of people on the blog just want the election to be over, but look at how many people are actually interested in what is going on in our country and care about the outcome of this election. I hope the conversation on politics continues after Nov. 4th, this election has made us more informed citizens and voters, embrace the election.

October 28, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  15. Lester- Ohio

To Joe the Plumber- McCain voted against the bill to assist veterans stating it would discourage reenlistment. Obama supported the bill.

October 28, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  16. Geoff in VA

Joe the plumber! Are people really listening to someone who doesn't pay taxes, and can't get his plumbing license?

October 28, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  17. Rick in Florida

Hi, guys. I'm looking forward to watching election night coverage, sort of like the Romans watching the gladiators LOL. BTW I voted last Friday and encountered no lines here in NE Florida.

October 28, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  18. Imani from Maryland

Are you nervous or excited Mr. Cooper?

October 28, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  19. lisa lee

Can somebody please tell me why McCain keeps saying my friends dose he think that everyone is his friend??

October 28, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  20. WendyM in VA

Raise your hand if you never want to here Joe the Plumber again....

October 28, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  21. Brett Begley

We have reason to nervous don't we considering that joke of an election last time around. I think American's realized they did wrong by not making an effort in voting in the last election. By them knowing how much our country has plummeted since then, I have faith in my fellow American's to do the right thing and vote Barrack.
    Lets all hope so at least.

October 28, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  22. Dace - Tucson

Please no more Joe the liar. We are so sick we could vomit from this scam artist. Leave him to the not real news like the F word network. We turn to you for real news.

October 28, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  23. Jason in AZ

I excited to see election day come AND go!

October 28, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  24. Donna

I am SO sick of Joe the Plumber!!! We've had enough of Joe Six-Pack and Joe the Plumber!

October 28, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  25. Joanna

I'm excited and a little curious. What are journalists going to talk about after Nov 4? This election has gone on forever...

October 28, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  26. pati mc., camp hill, pa

This whole thing with the Hudsom family is just so horribly sad. I just pray that the family that is left finds some peace. Senseless violence.

October 28, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  27. Thelma in TX

I am very excited about the election I can't wait. I was at the polls when the doors open on the first day here in Texas on Oct,20th.

October 28, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  28. Marshall

Joe the plumber is a knucklehead. if he dosen't want his views attacked tell him to get off the tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

October 28, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  29. Brenda Smith

In Nebraska Senator Obama, has three campaign offices, and McCain has none because he believes that he will take all of our electoral votes, but we believe in the 2nd District, Sen. Obama will get at least one!

October 28, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  30. Danny from Texas

I am 58 and have seen many elections. None with this kind of electricity, and I believe that the Master of Sparks is Barack Obama. His speaches are incredible!

October 28, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  31. Monica - Milford, CT

I am so tired of hearing about "Joe the Plumber" and I imagine a large percentage of voters are too. I think it lost its supposed impact a while ago and now people just roll their eyes over it.

October 28, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  32. Sergio Arana (Sterling, Virginia)

Hello Anderson, Erica and America,

My family and I have an I-pod player with speakers pointing out to the street with the song “Sweet Home Chicago” ready to play on that day outloud after Obama wins, change is needed…GO USA...

October 28, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  33. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Cool!!! Miles O'Brien is best reporter and he is best magic touch wall what he sees to vote a polls.

October 28, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  34. Tasha

I already early voted and i am very excited about this race can't wait . But this thing with joe is crazy. you take an everyday person and throw him in your campaign to voice his personal ideals and beliefs what a joke. oh he was serious about giving joe a position on his staff huh.LOL

October 28, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  35. Larry in So Cal

Good evening. Excited and nervous! I'm taking the day off to do last minute GOTV work and then going to watch results with our neighbors.

October 28, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  36. Elsa

every time they show that map... i get nervous for Obama.. my whole family voted for Obama in early voting in NC

October 28, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  37. michael delossantos

mr.cooper, how do u do it? Cant stop, wont stop, Anderson! Thank you for representing and keeping it real.

October 28, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  38. Laura -

Who are these people turning out for a Joe the Plumber rally? Yikes!

October 28, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  39. Marilyn

I'm excited and honored to take part in this election. There's a huge opportunity to bring some integrity & pride back to America.

I'm also amazed McCain would think we wouldn't figure out

October 28, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  40. Jeannine

I am starting to get really nervous about this election. In PA, the TV ads from RNC are getting really nasty. And we don't have early voting, so I can only imagine what the lines are going to be like on Tuesday. (I may have to pack a lunch)

October 28, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  41. judy

I love the CNN magic map! I love Saturday Night Live's map too!!

October 28, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  42. Michelle

Horrible crime -what happend to Jennifer's family. And the 7 year old nephew – shot 2x's in the head is beyond belief. I hope they find the loosers that committed this hideous crime, and send them straight to the the electric chair.

Better yet, hang them up next to the home in Chicgo and let the jury of their peers take care of them without the threat of punishment .

October 28, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  43. pati mc., camp hill, pa

Hi Miles! Good to see you! John King is not going to get mad that you are using his Magic Map is he? Nah, he seems like the type who can share.

October 28, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  44. Heather - Spokane, WA

Hopefully that newspaper is right!

October 28, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  45. Thomas, Durham, NH

I'm both excited and nervous. I'm excited because I think we are finally going to get some leadership that can make a difference. I am also nervous because the Republicans have a history of pulling rabbots out of their hats at the last minute. I shudder to think what a McCain/Palin administration would do to this country.

October 28, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  46. Susan D. in NYC

Zach in TN: congratulations on your first vote. However you vote, feel good about it, and keep it up!

I second the question above: when do early votes get counted, and do they count more than absentees?

October 28, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  47. Felicia (Georgia)

Joe the Plumber said in support of McCain that he "planned to vote for a "real American". What is a "real American"? Is he talking about a Native American?

October 28, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  48. Tracey - Boston

Can Miles make Michigan bounce like Fred did on SNL?

October 28, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  49. Jermaine (NJ)

I am nervous because I believe that the Repubs and McCain are sewing the seeds of division and fear. I believe that our country will not heal from such bitter divide. They are talking about "real americans" vs other americans. They are talking about "real virginians" vs. other virginians. How will they heal the hate the are unleashing?

October 28, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  50. Minou, New York City

I wonder if these "unsure" ppl are just not saying whom they'll vote for.. how can you still be undecided a week prior to election? oh, those polls...

October 28, 2008 at 10:31 pm |