October 28th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 10/28/08

Got a thought? We want to hear from you.  This is your chance to sound off during AC360°.  Share your feedback below.

But, you have to play by the rules. Yes, there are rules.

Keep in mind we get hundreds of comments each night. We post many of them. Others don't make the cut due to space and time limitations. Others are deleted because you're not following our guidelines. Here are some of them:

1) Use your real name.
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (no "screaming" allowed)
3) No links to other web sites
4) Keep it short. (Sorry, we don't have room for an online book)
5) Stay on topic (make sure your comment applies to the blog posting)

On 360° tonight, a big rally on Wall Street. The Dow has its second best day ever. Is your 401K on the rebound? Plus, we're on the trail with just one week to go until the election. Senators McCain and Obama were both in Pennslyvania today, just 90 miles apart. We've got new poll numbers state-by-state. And, in our crime & punishment report, we'll have the latest on Jennifer Hudson's triple tragedy. Her nephew, mother and brother have all been found murdered in Chicago. Are investigators any closer to naming a suspect? Find out tonight on 360°.

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at Anderson and Erica on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We'll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Wait.  One more guideline: There's a time limit.  We'll start posting comments at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.  Blog away. We want to hear from you!

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. David

I am so excited about the election. I already voted and I have made everyone in my family get out and vote. This country needs change and there is only one party that is catering to the needs of the middle class. Texas for Obama!

October 28, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  2. Kim From PA

When you have "Joe the Plumier" insinuating Obama in not a "real" American... yeah i am worried about this election and wish it would end before this nation loses whats left of our deductive reasoning skills.

October 28, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  3. Monte in Keller, TX

Why is Israel in play all of a sudden? I am an average person that doesn't keep up with everything but nobody but specialists ever talk about Israel. Now Joe the Plumber is making it vital? Where is this coming from?

October 28, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  4. Rania in VA

I love David Gergin! He has the most objective and unbiased point of view. I always look forward to hearing what he has to say.

October 28, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  5. Thierry, MA

Hi Erica, nice to see you back.
    Just finish making calls to my Florida friends and family to vote early!!!!
    OBAMA
    Biden................

October 28, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  6. Courtney

My biggest concern is another election day meltdown. Is there anything that the voting public can do to maybe curb that?

October 28, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  7. Vicky L. Gordon

scared; afraid of 2000.2 I already took next Wed off, so I can stay up all night…

8. Martie

There they go again with the "real American" stuff. How can they not understand that it is just not working?

9. Clay

AC
    As always!!!!!! Your doing a great job.

I am a little nervous and excited. I just wish we could believe what these candidates are saying. They can promise you the world but if we don't get a good congress that is WORKING for us, nothing will get accomplished. Key word "Working"... Why can't Congress actually put in a complete year worth of work in and work together? I haven't decided who I am voting for yet????

10. Tracey - Boston

So, we need Joe the Plummer on television giving his support for President...no thanks

11. Elsa

I don't think that Joe the Plumber is someone I am going to listen to....why has he become so important

12. Paul, NC

Since when was "Joe the Plumber" an expert on the Middle East? I'd like to see him and Michael Ware fight. Not about the issues or anything- just fight. Ware would knock him out!

13. EJ (USA)

I'm so sick of seeing that Joe the Plumber all over the local and national news. Go home Joe!

14. Alma

Hello everybody im super excited about this upcoming eletction it would be a historic one im glad that the campaign commerical will be almost over cant wait until tuesday november 4th to see who will be our next president and dont forget please please everybody vote this tuesday and please vote early if you can

15. Rocco Isabella

Why is "Joe the Plumber" holding rallies? how many people were their 25? Already voted..

Obama

16. Sarah- Michigan

Excited doesn't begin to describe it. For the first time in months we'll get a new topic on any news station. That does not exclude cnn.

17. Mary H. St. Louis, MO

From what I can tell in Missouri, the race has tightened in the last couple days. I will say that some of the McCain commercials are a bit jarring and I can see where they would pull some undecided to his camp.

18. Linda

Also, scared to see the lines on election day for the states that do not have early voting. If we have lines around buildings now, can you imagine on election day?

19. Dee

I voted early in Texas, waited in line for 1 hour 45 minutes, but it was so worth the wait. I'm so excited. Can't wait till next week. I want change, I want Obama!

20. Patricia

This is the most excitement since the Clinton's were elected to the White House. The Republicans good ole boy network has finally crashed.

October 28, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  21. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

I agree with David Gergen's comment.....he's right... he have good point about Obama.....

22. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

It almost sounds like Gergen is suggesting that Obama is buying this race.

October 28, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  23. Jasontor

Does anyone else feel like "Joe the Plumber" is a McCain plant?

October 28, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  24. pati mc., camp hill, pa

Thank you David Gergen for bringing up the 30 minute Obama ad. I am so interested to hear what he has to say. No one makes sense like David!

October 28, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  25. Nathan

Hello everyone!! Very excited for the election to get here, I'm so glad that I'll have thr next day off because i'm sure I'll be up all night watching the coverage!!

October 28, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  26. Joanna

Hi Anderson & Erica,

Today I met a Vietnam veteran from Arizona who has served with John McCain, a die-hard Republican who is voting for Obama because America needs change. That's all the poll I need 🙂

October 28, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  27. Laura

Adds champagne to shopping list thanks to Stephanie's post. : )

October 28, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  28. Clay

AC
    As always!!!!!! Your doing a great job.

I am a little nervous and excited. I just wish we could believe what these candidates are saying. I can promise you the world but if we don't get a good congress that is WORKING for us. Key word "Working"... Why can't Congress actually put in a complete year worth of work in and work together? I haven't decided who I am voting for yet????

October 28, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  29. Aaron from Fargo, ND

If Obama wins PA, he will win the Presidency. However, if the election comes down to PA he will still be falling short of his goal. If he doesn't win big it will just further prove that the nation is too divided and many of us that he has inspired will not maintain the same inspiration after this election.

October 28, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  30. Mike, Syracuse NY

I don't think we have seen the real Obama yet. As soon as he's in office, if God forbid he wins, America will get an unpleasant shock.

October 28, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  31. Richard,Sacramento

I think florida as well as the rest of the "battleground states" will be a landslide, not just for 'Bama but the Dems for both houses as well...Happy blogging.

October 28, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  32. Judy

Hello Mr. Anderson
    first time blogger and I have already voted I am both nervous and stressed out but also excited.
    This country will take a very long time to heal from them and us and who is more american or who love america more

October 28, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  33. Donata, Amarillo, TX

Excited for history to be made. I think we will see record voting by people the polls have not even contacted. Stop and talk to the people who serve you and ask if they are voting. The answers are interesting. Great shows this past weekend and last week.

October 28, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  34. Jerome

Hello Erica
    I am a first time blogger. Yea!!

October 28, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  35. Zach in TN.

I just wish my state would for once wake up and see that John McCane is another Bush and vote for Obama.

October 28, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  36. judy

McCain just said he will create wealth for all Americans? This man is desperate!

October 28, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  37. Natasha

I am excited and nervous! I am excited about the possibility that Barack Obama will be our next president. I am nervous (terrified) at the thought that McCain & Palin will continue to pump out lies over the next few days and trick folks into voting for them.

October 28, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  38. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Roland is right. We are still a divided nation. If that doesn't change in the future, we all will lose.

October 28, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  39. holly, overland park , ks

happy tuesday back atcha erica! evening anderson and all the great bloggers here, i think the whole country will breathe a sigh of relief when this is over and perhaps have some strong leadership and a strong economy again...i think obama has picked some excellent advisors and i dont even think of ..that other one! :)..ps, gas was $2.09 a gallon here today, wow!!!

October 28, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  40. James Muehle

I'm not nervous, just very much looking forward to election day!! What an exciting time to be an American! Great job AC!

Happy Tuesday Erica!

October 28, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  41. Cindi Abbott

I'm so excited about the prospect of an Obama presidency, but am nervous that something from the Republican kitchen sink will stick and somehow snatch the victory away from Obama at the last moment.

October 28, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  42. Yvonne in Georgia

Sarah Palin bragged about spreading the wealth in Alaska. Alaska has the most redistribution of wealth in America. She redistributed wealth from the oil companies and wrote checks to Alaskans saying that they have a right to the wealth produced in Alaska. She said quote, “So we share in the wealth.” Sounds like spread the wealth to me? Therefore Sarah Palin is a socialist married to a separatist.

October 28, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  43. Bert

AC

If the Electoral College does not represent the popular vote in this election, what are the chances that it will face abolishment legislation? We truly need the procedure.

October 28, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  44. Laura

Anderson and Erica, No offense to you guys but I will honestly be so glad when this election is over. How do you feel about it? Will you be glad too? Are you getting sick of it?

October 28, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  45. Candace from Canada

Happy Tuesday Erica!

October 28, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  46. Martie

Mr. McCain is failing to understand that "trickle down" has had several years to work and it's all been "trickle up" – of course that's not really a problem in his life. Maybe he should try living on the average American's income. His opinion would probably change.

October 28, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  47. Brandon from San Marcos, TX

I am definitely excited about election night! I can't wait. My wife and I will be up watching the Magic Wall and making sure the nachos don't run out until we know that Obama makes it straight to the White House!

October 28, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  48. Nicole

I am so excited about the election! I wish PA had early voting! It's great to see first time voters so enthusiastic about voting! The USA is truly great!! Have a great evening 360 staff!

October 28, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  49. Kim Damassia

I'm excited as the days.. slowly.. count down.This is history in the making as the world changes drastically before us all.

October 28, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  50. Twilla Runyon

I am nervous and excited. I've Voted I don't think myself or the country could take yet another disappoinment and have yet another one maybe stolen from us.

October 28, 2008 at 10:19 pm |