October 28th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 10/28/08

Got a thought? We want to hear from you.  This is your chance to sound off during AC360°.  Share your feedback below.

But, you have to play by the rules. Yes, there are rules.

Keep in mind we get hundreds of comments each night. We post many of them. Others don't make the cut due to space and time limitations. Others are deleted because you're not following our guidelines. Here are some of them:

1) Use your real name.
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (no "screaming" allowed)
3) No links to other web sites
4) Keep it short. (Sorry, we don't have room for an online book)
5) Stay on topic (make sure your comment applies to the blog posting)

On 360° tonight, a big rally on Wall Street. The Dow has its second best day ever. Is your 401K on the rebound? Plus, we're on the trail with just one week to go until the election. Senators McCain and Obama were both in Pennslyvania today, just 90 miles apart. We've got new poll numbers state-by-state. And, in our crime & punishment report, we'll have the latest on Jennifer Hudson's triple tragedy. Her nephew, mother and brother have all been found murdered in Chicago. Are investigators any closer to naming a suspect? Find out tonight on 360°.

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at Anderson and Erica on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We'll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Wait.  One more guideline: There's a time limit.  We'll start posting comments at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.  Blog away. We want to hear from you!

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. liz toledo oh

One week let the countdown begin. Can't wait for the John King magic map next tuesday... it's gonna be a late night

October 28, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  2. Angel Ocasio

Pennsylvania is the new Florida. I live in Harrisburg and Obama has an overwhelming advantage over Mccain here. Republicans that I know are switching sides and voting for Obama..They want change and the sting of the current republican presidents policies have hurt PA and the working class in general..Mccain cannot win Pennsylvania and without it, he loses this election.

October 28, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  3. Sue, Victor, NY

I, too, am both excited and nervous. I hope and pray there are no voting machine discrepancies. I am an Independent voting for Obama. The Republicans and their deplorable behavior turned me off before McCain even chose a VP. The choice of Palin proves that Senator McCain is completely out of touch with reality. A sad political end for a formerly great politician....

October 28, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  4. Terrence

I am very excited. I never thought I would see such a historical moment in our nation's history. Regardless to who wins, this is an exceptional moment in American history

October 28, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  5. Mary H. St. Louis, MO

AC, Erica, 360 staff and bloggers,
    One week from now and it hopefully will almost be over. I am excited for the campaigning and barrage of commercials to be over.

October 28, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  6. sally az

palin's rallies sound like a hockey mom rootin for mccain, Barack now he is very presidential like i feel like i know him and he is speaking for us, i just wish we could make AZ blue still possible! You go! Obama!

October 28, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  7. Deb in IN

Good evening all! My husband and I voted here in IN last Friday.
    We are a minority in a Republican state. We voted for Obama.
    we hope for the change he can bring to this mess that has been made of our country! We'll have a long way to go..but will at least be on the riight track.

October 28, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  8. Lewis

I have never watched CNN this much before. I'm really excited about the election this year. Everybody's talking about it.

October 28, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  9. Kim From PA

Evening Anderson.

Make no mistake.. if you use hate to fire people up at rallies in PA there will be much more to worry about after the election than who;s fault it was they McCain lost.

October 28, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  10. Courtney

Erica Hill, you're great...thanks for being apart of "the best election team on television"

October 28, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  11. MannyG

Hi Erica, first time here! Love CNN!

October 28, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  12. Diane - IL

I'm excited about election day, to finally hear the results. I'm going to vote tomorrow, and my daughter voted for the first time today!

October 28, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  13. Chris Ricciuti

Pennsylvania was never in play, this is just trying a push to people to think it's in play. The shear number of Democratic voters between Philadelphia and Pittsburg are more than the rest of all the counties in the state. This is not counting the large numbers of new voters which are predominantly registered Democratic. Unless a pig flies, Pennsylvania will stay a blue state.

October 28, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  14. Zach in TN.

I am excited about election day seeing as this will be my first Presidential election. I haven't voted yet but I already know who I am voting for.

October 28, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  15. Ken in NC

Hi Erica. Hope you are feling better now.

October 28, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  16. Paul Hodge

In the past hasn't the poll numbers gotten very close as the voting day approaches ?

October 28, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  17. Chris /MA

Hello, Erica.............

October 28, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  18. Maggie in VA

Good evemimg! I too am excited about election day. I believe that is why the dow is up. Obama is holding his lead and that makes everyone feel inspired....or almost everyone.

October 28, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  19. daniel curless

If Mccain and Palin cant get along with each other what makes us as
    Americans get along with them.

20. kim-chicago

My prediction for what it's worth...
    If Obama is victorious there will be a worldwide stock market rally...

21. Jerome

Anderson<
    I am nervous about the election. We have never been this close to realizing the dreams of my fore father

22. Martie

Happy Tuesday to you as well, Erica!

23. Stephanie

I am very excited! I have my champagne ready but I'm not taking anything for granted. Still out canvassing, making phone calls and raising money for Barack. I'm trying to vote early so I can volunteer to drive voters to the polls on Tuesday but the lines have been so long! I hope all that turnout is for Obama.

24. Lisa, NY

Hey Anderson, Erica!

I think McCain is putting far too much faith in Pennsylvania. I have to say, the whole "socialism" push he and Gov. Palin have been making is beyond ridiculous, and not only is it a blatant lie, but by their definition, Nixon, Reagan, Bush, Jr., McCain himself and Palin herself are "wealth spreaders" and advocates of socialism.

I'm an Independent and actually a former Republican (I switched in 2000), and I am so disgusted with the McCain campaign I can't even begin to put it into words. If the campaign is any evidence of how they would govern, well, I'm not overly religious, but heaven help us all.

25. Monte in Keller, TX

Hey! Hank Williams, Jr. was in Tenessee last night supporting the Titans and ya'll just showed him standing behind Palin with a Steelers shirt! Scandal! Slam him! Where's the truth squad!?!

26. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Erica: Look at the bright side, what else could possibly happen to you now on the set of AC360? Got me all excited when you mentioned the secret door...nothing behind it though...oh well.

27. Christopher

AC, I voted early yesterday in Florida and could feel the power of this historic election in the crowd. An exciting time to live in America!

28. Andreia from Orlando, FL

I cannot wait for this election to be over! I have been on pins and needles, at first confident that Obama is going to win, then unsure if he wont. I feel like we are watching a superbowl and all you can think about is "i cant wait to leave the couch and actually think of something else than who will sit in the oval office"

29. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi!
    I'm excited about election day. Obama's campaign has been fascinating–if he wins, I expect the beginning of his Presidency will be equally or more so.

30. Joe

McCain- Too little too late here in PA. You and Bush's policies have killed the PA economy/middle class over the last 8 years.

31. althacha

Good Evening everyone, I can't wait until election day.Obama!

October 28, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  32. Sedrick (Houston, TX)

Since it looks like Pennsylvania is an "all or nothing" state for McCain, as an Obama supporter I am very concerned about the tactics that his campaign and GOP support groups will use. I think we will see some race baiting (by the McCain campaign and GOP supporters) in western Pennsylvania and voter suppression attempts in the Philadelphia area.

October 28, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  33. Laura

I am excited about election day. I am amazed that John McCain would hinge his entire election on PA, where he is currently 10 points behind, not to mention it is the birthplace of Joe Biden.

October 28, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  34. jen rose

I think Anderson and CNN has been doing a good job keeping us up to date on the whole process. It's been a long ride, but we are just about there. It's about like a kid saying 'are we there yet'?

October 28, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  35. jay-toronto

i am so ready for a black president,one who can show us what leadership is all about,anderson whats your take ?

October 28, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  36. Susan Badar

I am from a Republican/Democrat household. Our family will be voting an Obama/Biden ticket. We are even Penn State Alumni. It's the best course for our country.

October 28, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  37. MaryBeth

Aw, poor Erica!!! Well, I didn't hear any big bangs or anything during the first part of the show...so hopefully you will keep your job. 🙂

October 28, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  38. Elsa

Hi Anderson...I am excited and nervous..I think I am suffering from Election Day anxiety

October 28, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  39. Maureen T

Why is Hank Williams Jr. always standing behind Sarah Palin? What is he a body guard or something?? He's scary looking!!

October 28, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  40. Dee

I am excited to see the chance for hope in the election, but nervous that the Republican fear tactics will have an impact.

October 28, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  41. Betty Ann, Nacogdoches,TX

Hank has gone down on my list.

October 28, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  42. Ann

John McCain is smart trying to get Pennsylvania. It was "Hilary Country" so he might have a chance.

October 28, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  43. David, Indiana

Hi Anderson, Erica, everyone blogging. I'm excited about election day, maybe a little nervous,

I love the market rallies like today, but I've found myself watching the market everyday for a while, drives me crazy sometimes, feel like maybe the dow is getting its feet on the ground...

October 28, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  44. Caitlin in Austin, TX

Jana has a good point. I hope they have already begun counting, that way there will be less of a chance of something going wrong.

October 28, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  45. Britton New York

Excited! The McCain campaign keeps talking about the "Spread the Wealth" philosophy that Obama belives in. What is the difference between what Obama wants to do and what Palin DID in Alaska when she taxed the oil companies and gave over $3,000 dollars to each person in Alaska? Is that not spreading the wealth?

October 28, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  46. Martie

In my state, vote counting is not allowed until the polls close on the official "Election Day".

October 28, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  47. ericacnn

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

October 28, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  48. Jacqui Chan

it's funne to hear Erica discuss her little work mishaps, guess we all have these silly little issues at work

October 28, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  49. Michael

Hello Anderson,

Looking forward to the election, it will be nice to know who will be the next President for sure. However, I will be happier knowing that in a short or long 5 days from now we are finallly done with the campaign commercials! Positive or Negative enough is enough.

October 28, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  50. Sally

Anderson,love your show. I'll be glad when the election and Palin can go home and I don't have to listen to that very whiney voice,I really hope her 15 minutes are up forever-------

October 28, 2008 at 10:15 pm |