October 23rd, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 10/23/08

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Erica Hill is off so Randi Kaye will be doing tonight’s webcast.  LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at Anderson and Randi on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Wondering why some comments are posted while others aren’t?  Here’s a post that may help: LINK TO COMMENTS POST

We’ll start posting comments at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Carol Selleck

You just stole my thunder with your last addition to the 10 Most Wanted. Just today I was thinking about writing a book entitled, "It's My Fault" which would be aimed at getting all of us to realize how we have contributed to the financial mess our country is facing. Thank you for your insight and courage in slapping our hands a bit!

October 23, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  2. Holly

Anderson, could you at least warn your viewers before you air spoiler's on your show? It may be 10 pm in NYC when you go on the air, but that is only 7 pm out on the west coast. We haven't seen any of the SNL clips that you have been showing. Just a word that it's a spoiler to some would let those who don't wish to see it can turn the channel.

October 23, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  3. George in California

I just found the last piece adding "You" to the top ten list personally offensive. How could 360 add "You" before adding George W. Bush? He was our president and was supposed to look out for us. I don't mind accepting the blame as "You". I just want Bush to get his first. After all he is the "Chief Executive" of our nation and should hold the ultimate responsibility for not being more ahead of the curve on this.

October 23, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  4. joe

Most wanted 10...You, us shouldn't it be we.

October 23, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  5. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Good Thursday evening. Good job Randi. Night all

October 23, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Amina from TN

Ten Most Wanted: Culprits of the Collapse –
    tonite was awesome
    loved it
    very true and yet so awakening

October 23, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  7. Gabe

Tina Fey, comedic genius. She is the only reason I watch.

October 23, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Love Will Ferrell! Gotta laugh at SNL skits but something tells me McCain and Bush aren't finding that funny. Great discussions tonight! Nite all.

October 23, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Scott in South Carolina

Me — on the Ten Most Wanted List?! Who knew Anderson Cooper would be the first to call me out for irrational spending, poor planning, and pie-in-the-sky attitudes toward money?

I'm shocked and pleased to see AC360 had the vision and nerve to include the worst culprit of all on the list. Kudos.

October 23, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  10. David laslo

Anderson

Just a quick note: Bravo !!!! one the last pick of the 10 most wanted.
    I live my life the old school way

Good Job

October 23, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Clarence Albuquerque

Good nite

October 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  12. Stephanie in New York

I just got a chill up my spine when you reported the culprits of the economy and saw the hand pointing at me. I thought that was an exceptional message. You gave us all an out though, by insinuating that we couldn't help ourselves with all of the messages out there encouraging us toward our excess. My introspection was quickly erased when you gave me an out.

October 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  13. elisa

i agree with tonight's top 10-"WE" are to blame.greed is "NOT"good!!

October 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  14. Vince

Scariest SNL ever, the suggestion that there could be 8 years of McCain followed by 8 years of President Palin.

October 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  15. Maureen T

Great to see Will Ferrell! Read between the lines people!! 🙂 I love it! Thanks Andy, you make me smile a lot! Good night, rest easy.

October 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  16. Genevieve M, TX

Seriously? Why bother posting a list if we are all at fault?

October 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  17. Nathalie from Boynton Beach FL

Great slogan on SNL a vote for McCain is A vote for Bush

October 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  18. Fjola, NC

Don't put me on that list Anderson...I do know some folks that should be on that list, though. And all of us a paying for it, regardless of guilt. We are all guilty by association by being tax payers. I don't have a mortgage, and I don't have credit card debt, and my car is paid for. But still, I'm responsible for paying the debt back that I did not contribute to

October 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  19. lisa

Many of the people had the money for their homes ,but have been laid off.so far there is no help for them.but there are many that bought beyound their means.

October 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |