October 16th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 10/16/08

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Erica Hill is off tonight but Jason Carroll will be doing the webcast so make sure you check it out. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at Anderson and Jason on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Wondering why some comments are posted while others aren’t? Here’s a post that may help: LINK TO COMMENTS POST

We’ll start posting comments at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Brandi-bottom of the boot

goodnite all!

October 16, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  2. Ruby Jones

Didn't vote for McCain but he does have a good sense of humor. I will be watching Letterman tonight.

October 16, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Rick in Florida

Fun show tonight, Thaanks Anderson and bloggers. Nite.

October 16, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Jahaira NYC

I agree with you Rob, finally the night goes to McCain!! was funny tonight! Don't get it confused though, I'm Obamaniac!! BIG TIME!!
    Obama is the man, smart, well-spoken, professional, educated, great values, ideas....sound like you Anderson! LOL
    love you too Anderson!

Jahy

October 16, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Helen from Toms River, NJ

This was fun! I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring

October 16, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Ruth James

David Gergen should get a show of his own! I suggest "The Gergen Show" ! We really need such an intellectual , objective voice on TV in today's crazy world! Anyone interested in wrting a petition... 🙂 ?

October 16, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  7. Martie

Great blog tonight. It's great to laugh so much after so many weeks of chaos.

October 16, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Maureen T

Good night Andy and Jason! Great show! I'm heading off to bed and still smiling! Thanks again! 🙂

October 16, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Gergen love...... licking......Joe the Plumber..... What more could I ask for? Enjoyed the show tonight. Thanks AC360! Nite all.

October 16, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  10. Hilda B., Dallas, TX

On the Joe the Plumber and spreading the wealth comments that have been jumped on, I have to say that I agree with Barack. Why are people acting as if Barack invented taxes? Aren't we paying taxes now? I heard that average Americans are paying more taxes than major corporations now. If that's the case then yes, please spread the wealth!! Spread it now!! Spread it all day every day!! Spread!! Spread!!!Spread!!!

October 16, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  11. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Good night Anderson, Jason C. David Gergen and best bloggers!!
    Have a great night!!!! Sleep tight!!!!
    See you tomorrow night!!!!!
    Anderson OXOX hugs!!!

October 16, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  12. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

David Gergen is so going to regret posting his email address on this blog. I can't even imagine the amount of email he is going to get. It's tough being popular!! David needs to challenge Anderson to a dance competition (FOR CHARITY) to get even!! Great show. Thanks 360! 'Night bloggers!

October 16, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  13. Patty

Anderson–your too funny tonight!

Joe as Bond?

hee hee.

October 16, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  14. Don

One of the culprits of the collapse should be the financial ignorance of the American People. Blaming a housing/mortgage company for placing people in homes they could not afford is like blaming the drug dealer for the addiction. I think people that entered these mortgages with some skepticism, because suddenly like a lightening bolt, they could afford a house that was unaffordable just years before. Stand up people and take your blame as well.

October 16, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  15. Ken

Great show tonight Anderson. Loved the peice you did for David gergen. He is THE MAN.

October 16, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  16. Ed from Canada

You couldn,t have been watching all of it as I seen Mccain laughing

October 16, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  17. Helen from Toms River, NJ

Shelle...

I was thinking the same thing...the jovial McCain would've certainly fared better than the grimmacing McCain

October 16, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  18. Sally in Georgia

Moved to be a first time blogger when I heard Jesse Klein's "Ode to David." I am so with you! David is the greatest.

October 16, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  19. Susan Stinson

The most wanted list is the best. It clearly illustrates the brain trust that contributed to this spiraling mess.

October 16, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  20. Minou, New York City

Fun show tonite! What a great end to a dull day! good night, all.

October 16, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  21. Willard Helander

Your ten most wanted list should have Chris Dodd and Barney Frank in the top five. When Richard Shelby tried to rein in Freddie, they fought on straight party lines to push huge increases in sub-prime lending – blocking reform and running the train right off the track with a policy encouraged banks and Wall Street to issue risky loans.

October 16, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  22. Fjola, NC

I am so glad my fellow Gergenites are coming out of the closet! I too love David Gergen (seriously!) I value his opinion and always pay close attention when he speaks. My friends and I were just talking about Gergen and our love for him the past weekend. Don't worry Anderson, I love you too! And I think Gergen should catch you on camera dancing and show it live. Go Anderson. Go Anderson...get your groove on :)....Just a thought

October 16, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  23. susi in sacramento

thanks for showing the clips from the Al Smith charity roast....it is great seeing a lighter tone during this bitter political season. it was also nice to see Barack yet again showing how intelligent he is while being humorous. this was by fair McCain's best performance. but hopefully the country will be able to pull together to vote for intelligence this time.

October 16, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  24. Sharon Stibbard

Just wanted to add our appreciation for David Gergen. I'm sure that he never thought that he would be getting fan mail! My sister and I (both Canadians) always value his insight. Both David and Candy are true professionals!

October 16, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  25. Barbara P.

I must say Joe the Plumbers marketing plan worked great! Best way to get business is to get everyone talking about you. Maybe he will have to worry about taxes after this.

October 16, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  26. Danielle - Randolph, NJ

Tina Fey does an amazing impersonation of Sarah Palin. She's definitely a lot funnier than Palin herself!

October 16, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  27. Michael - Springfield, PA

Barbara P, I noticed it and you are absolutely right

October 16, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  28. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Jean Lum October 16th, 2008 10:48 pm ET

Here I thought I was the only woman in love with David Gergen all these years!
    1st time blogger.
    Luv your show Anderson!
    Hellooo Jean
    Welcome to Live Blog on AC 360!!!! Have nice be here tonight!!! 🙂

October 16, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  29. Bradley S (Knoxville, TN)

Great Show tonight AC, I am out! Good Night Y'all!

October 16, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  30. Jason in VA

After last night's high tension debate, it was refreshing to see both of the canidates loosen up a little and come together for a good cause. Thank you for showing some of their routines.

October 16, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  31. Winnie

Hands-down McCain was funnier. Obama should relax...even his jokes are uptight!

October 16, 2008 at 10:53 pm |