October 14th, 2008

ON THE RADAR: Wednesday

Lisa Ort
AC360° Producer

The last presidential debate...and other stories on our radar:

PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE: The third presidential debate will be held at Hofstra University and moderated by Bob Schieffer of CBS News.

ON THE TRAIL: Both Sen. John McCain and Sen. Barack Obama will be in Hempstead, NY for the debate. Gov. Palin is in New Hampshire with rallies in Dover, Laconia, and Salem. Sen. Biden spends the day in Ohio with gatherings in Athens, Lancaster, and Newark.

SUPREME COURT ORAL ARGUMENTS: The U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in a case concerning jury instructions.

BERNANKE ADDRESS: Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is scheduled to address the Economic Club of New York.

Filed under: 360° Radar
  1. midwest mom

I like Chuck brief, true comment...If McCain would have picked Rice I think the poll numbers would be vastly different...but that would have taken a true 'maverik"! These people at the McCain/Palin rallies scare the heck out of me....

October 15, 2008 at 12:59 pm |
  2. Q

Mr. Cooper

Could you plaeas ask McCain, could he please define winning the war in Iraq for American people. They have a $80 billion surplus and a established government. What else do we have to do for them? If our Generals say the voilents has subsided and we have accomplished our goals there. How much longer. If we have not accompished our goals please defined them for the American people?

October 15, 2008 at 12:40 pm |
  3. Saleaha Aryan

I don't know why people of America worry about color because when they send the troops to fight for Amercia they don't worry about the race. I don't understand when it cames to choosing a president why Amercians worry about the color or race. If they can fight for America they can run for America as well.

October 15, 2008 at 12:12 pm |
  4. chuck

John McCain will admit to the american people tonight that he's made the biggest mistake in his life by picking Sarah Palin in front of Condi Rice.He will finally admit that he did not agree when George Bush picked Condi Rice as SECRETARY. Then he will tell the american people how racial he was,is,and will always be. John McCain-–The ANGRY GOD.

October 15, 2008 at 10:08 am |
  5. Roland

Falsley accusing Barack Obama of being a terrorist will not jumpstart the economy. Falsley accusing Barack Obama of being a terrorist is nothing more than cheap personal attack and has no place in politics. Barack Obama believes in running a campaign that is based on the issues. The most important issue is the economy. Giving tax cuts to the middle class is a good thing. Goverment Regulation is a good thing. George Bush's economic plan was a complete failure. George Bush only wanted tax breaks for the wealthiest 1% and he wanted less goverment regulation. The result – the worst economic crisis since the great depression. Vote Obama-Biden on Nov. 4th, 2008. They represent the change that we need.

October 15, 2008 at 8:06 am |
  6. Kim Fine

I find it to be untrue that Palin has more support in Scranton, PA than
    Biden.

October 14, 2008 at 11:38 pm |
  7. jeannie cisewski

With all the canidates talk about education. I would like to know do the canidates children attend public or private schools?

October 14, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  8. tony

today there was a news release on sarah palin's husband and her being a part of the radical group in alaska. so far tonight there has not been anything else said about that release, that was on cnn earlier today. could you please give an update on that particular story. I am watching. Thanks

October 14, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  9. San Francisco Values

Hey Bret,

Does the eye color, or changing eye color of any human being an issue if the person is or is not qualified to be President of the United States?

Go find something to do young man.

October 14, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  10. Wayne

Bret, do NOT, not vote for Barrac, because Mr. McCains eye color changes daily!!! Do not, not vot for Mr. Mc Cain for that reason either!!! Eye color is no way to make you decision!!!!!!!! Peace, Wayne

October 14, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  11. Bret Peters

Serious question:
    I've known many people in my 40 yrs. being in the service industry. Never have I met a bright blue eyed person, turn into a dark eyed person due to aging, or any other reason. I have known people to get colored contact lenses, but never from bright to almost black. So here is the question... What happened to McCain’s eye color ? Is it a health issue causes that, or does he wear contacts? This is an observation I noticed early on, and it's really starting to freak me out. If you or your staff can answer this for me, I would really appreciate it. All records I have looked up has nothing on this. If it is a health thing, should we all be concerned? Thank you

October 14, 2008 at 9:45 pm |