October 14th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 10/14/08

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/02/liveblog.new.jpg]
For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Don’t forget to watch Erica Hill’s webcast during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at Anderson and Erica on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Wondering why some comments are posted while others aren’t? Here’s a post that may help: LINK TO COMMENTS POST

We’ll start posting comments at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog • TV
  1. Phyllis McCullough

In tonight's picture Michelle Obama is saying

"Yeah, we are this far ahead"

October 14, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  2. Brandi-bottom of the boot

Please dont shock me, it doesnt sound pleasant at all and there is enough discomfort now with the way things are going. 🙂

October 14, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  3. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Erica,
    I am hoping you will feel better soon....... I don't like cold..... I always have tissue with me.....

October 14, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  4. David, Indiana

I have same hope for tomorrow night's debate ,David Gergen, a lot of unexplored topics as Roland Martin noted in last night's webcast

October 14, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  5. marly, normal

sarah won't talk to the media because she talks and doesn't say anything, if she were asked something that required an intelligent response you can "sure betcha "she wouldn't be able to answer!

October 14, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  6. Rachel, Memphis, TN

Erica-

Hope you are feeling better soon!

October 14, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  7. Tammy, Missouri

Anderson – I sure hope you have Barney Frank and Chris Dodd on that 10 Most Wanted List! Can't wait to find out.

Erica – Hope you're feeling better soon!

October 14, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  8. Nate

Your new face better not be Greenspan! He was the first Reserve Prez to try and unleash the power of interest rate and the money supply...Maybe it stayed too low for too long but it can work.

October 14, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  9. Cheryl from Minnesota

Why aren't the men that are guilty of all the trouble on Wall Street being charged with a crime? Will they ever pay for all the trouble they have cause?

October 14, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  10. Scott

i hope that in tomorrows debate that mccain and obama answer the questions they are asked for a change instead of just randomly saying something they choose

October 14, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  11. Diane in Orlando

On the list...Alan Greenspan....

October 14, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  12. Brandi-bottom of the boot

Aw, Erica, I hope you are feeling better soon.

October 14, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  13. Minou, New York City

Anderson
    have you guys tried to interview the culprits? Gotten any response from one of them?

October 14, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  14. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

I am glad that Caylee Anthony's mom changed her mind became guilty...... I hope she will stay in jail.

October 14, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  15. Lizabeth in MO

Thank-you, Erica, I forgot about the write-in option. My major point is the importance of casting one's vote. No vote is a wasted vote!

October 14, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  16. Genevieve M, TX

Erica, hope you're feeling better soon!

October 14, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  17. Heather - Spokane, WA

Finally! Its about time they put Casey Anthony in jail for her daughter's disappearance

October 14, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  18. Ingrid

I hope that Obama tells McCain that as long as even one single soldier is being killed or hurt, the word victory should not be uttered!!

October 14, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  19. Faheem-philadelphia

Great point larry, I never look at it like that.

October 14, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  20. A Mathias - Scotch Plains NJ

Anderson....I (was) a registered Republican from Texas and voted for both Bushes' and for the first time I am voting Democrat – the nominee did not matter – the war did it for me – how many Billion $$$$ a month?.... need I say more..... Love your show....

October 14, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  21. Minou, New York City

Erica, you sound like you have a cold. Take lots of vitamin C !!! Feel better.

October 14, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  22. jen rose

Erica...I hope you get to feeling better.

October 14, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  23. jeff

Palin is taking a page from Chaney when it comes to the media!

October 14, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  24. Janis

Hello everyone. This is my first time on this blog and I am excited to be here. Hello to all.! I think that this is one of the best shows on TV. I really appreciate the balanced, yet honest viewpoints. David you are the best! For your information, I went to the Fox website earlier this evening, and everyone was so angry and negative. I hurried back to CNN!

October 14, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  25. Jacob Johnson

Who is running for president on the Republican Ticket? With Palin continuing to take center stage through the media, who really knows John McCain?

October 14, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  26. Mary M. Oliver

It is too bad that Gov. Palin is so rude to major network reporters. As an independent voter, I wonder what she is hiding?

October 14, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  27. Maria in CT

David, where do you see Obama resting on his laurels? Did he not give a beautiful speech yesterday about the economy and our capacity to overcome? Was he not out there today canvassing even while preparing for the debate? Of all the pundits on the air, I respect you the most David Gergen; but listening to you can be very frustrating at times.

October 14, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  28. lynn

I disgaree with David that Obama has been sitting on his lead. He made a major speech yesterday, he has been doing rallies all over including 4 in Philadelphia and a neighbourhood walkabout yesterday.

October 14, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  29. Daleen

My momma always said " If you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything." I think that's why Sarah Palin isn't talking to the mainstream media. She's got nothing good to say.

October 14, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  30. Clarence Albuquerque

Thank you Erica for putting things in perspective. I hope you feel better.

October 14, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  31. deborah, OH

Roland is wonderful & so correct about Palin!

October 14, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  32. Martie

In response to Kim – the same folks who are currently worried about capital gains taxes are those who always are – the wealthy.

October 14, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  33. william, Indianapolis,IN

Palin's idea of an interview is with Rush Limbaugh???? I guess we know where she gets her information and news. So passe.

October 14, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  34. Tom in WV

I can't figure out why she was chosen to be VP in the first place. I know why Biden was chosen but Palin is a huge question mark...

October 14, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  35. David, Indiana

I feel like Sarah Palin's speeches have been rallying speeches mainly, but she seems very capable to me, that's my impression, I never thought democrats would abandon their principles to vote for her, she's truly conservative

October 14, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  36. sylvia, chicago

to all media...take a stand...stop covering Palins monologues and spin until she actually sits down with a legitimate media outlet and answers some questions

October 14, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  37. Fay, CA

It's astounding that some people are willing to accept Sarah Palin as VP when she refuses to speak to reporters unless they are handpicked–it is also ludicrous for Palin to call out Obama for being "unpatriotic" when she has had ties to questionable groups such as AIP.

October 14, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  38. Brian, Texas

I am a registered Republican. I have voted straight Republican tickets for my entire voting career. I had felt the people of Rep. Party made a bad decision with McCain in the first place. I had planned on biting the bullet and voting for him anyway. But, in recent weeks I have become ashamed of the tactics McCain/Palin have used against Obama. If the election were held tonight, I would be casting my vote for Obama.

October 14, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  39. Aileen

Garbage!!!!!!!Sarah Palin is the one dodging the media. Clearly she is only the Republican Chear Leader. She has no clue about Main Stream America. She cannot relate to the crisis of Middle Class America and of such is not able to do sit down and have a meaningful interview with the media.

October 14, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  40. Heather - Spokane, WA

Would somebody find a way to put Casey Anthony in jail for the murder of her two year old daughter? Its way too obvious that she did it.

October 14, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  41. Andrew Adepoju

Sarah Palin will surely make history, the only VP candidate that refused to talk to the media. Does she really think it helps her?

October 14, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  42. deborah, OH

Erica, you are sooo right about write-in candidates. I know several people who are doing just that!

October 14, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  43. Sudha - Burlington, VT

Hi Anderson, Erica, All – New Blogger here.
    I think that the McCain camp is actually doing something right by not letting Palin loose. I guess they don't want Obama's lead to go up!!

October 14, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  44. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

That right bloggers....... I know that Palin refused talk to media.... if she willing talk to reporters......

October 14, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  45. Whitney (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

I thnk Palin's dodging of the media is indicative of the Republican party. It seems that they are only concerned abouth their own conversation and not open to debate, not open to active discussion, and not open to being questioned.

October 14, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  46. Christina

Why is o.k. for people to question Sarah Palin about her ethics violation; but, when people question Obama on his past it is outragious

October 14, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  47. rob from so. illinois

Obama as an Illinois senator was in favor of clean coal and lobbied for it , but when it was granted to Illinois instead of Texas the federal funding went away. Partisan?,you decide.

October 14, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  48. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Anderson, ACORN did commit voter registration fraud. I live in Ohio and it is important to us because it could very easily turn into voter fraud here. I am sure if it was the other way around you would take it more seriously.

October 14, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  49. Jane Toms

We are now condoning Fraud?

October 14, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  50. ericacnn

Lizbeth, you can also write-in a candidate if none of the candidates suits you. While we mainly hear about the candidates from the two major parties, there are several other presidential candidates.

October 14, 2008 at 10:32 pm |