October 10th, 2008

Finance questions? Ask the experts

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/10/09/art.questions.wallst.jpg]

Still have unanswered questions about what the financial market turmoil means for your wallet, retirement, mortgage, or job?

Here's your chance to see what our financial experts have to say about your concerns.

Submit your questions to us here. They'll be answering your questions live on AC360° tonight at 10p ET.

Filed under: Bailout Turmoil • Economy
  1. Albert Turner

If I purchase stock that is selling very low and the company is bought out will that stock price increase based on what stocks were purchased at?

October 13, 2008 at 8:26 am |
  2. impressme2008

here's a point to ponder? If Obama wins and he raises taxes,and I was a small business and my taxes really go extremely high. I would have to see if having this business out weighs the tax hike, and maybe its not worth keeping my business. Or lets look at it another way I'm a huge corporation that has it's headquarters in the united states i might want to put my headquarters in a country that doesn't punish me, and downgrade my corporation. Sure many People will lose their jobs, but I'm in it to make money!!! In fact my capitol gains tax is going up to, GEEZ I might as well pull my billions of dollars out of the stock market to. After all America wants to penalize me for investing in her. then I just won't invest in her!!! So now you have corporations pulling out of America, and investors pulling their money out of the stock market. Wow look at America now is this really the change we really want??

October 13, 2008 at 8:14 am |
  3. Donna Payne

All of the comments on "what to do with your money" during this crisis, seem to be directed to those individuals who have 10 to 20 years to invest and wait for the situation to turn around.
    Question: what advice would you give those who are currently retired and beginning to take income from their investments and would be 'on the street" if something doesn't happen sooner than 10 years.?

Thank you.

October 10, 2008 at 9:58 pm |
  4. Charles

Everyone needs to revisit the crash in 2001. We're not even there yet. How about 1980 when Jimma Carter left Reagan with double digit unemployment and inflation? Eighty percent of our current problem, not crisis, problem is based on emotion. It is fast becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. Pay closer attention to the headlines that you see. They are designed to create fear, anxiety and to reel you in to their newspaper or website.

Listen only to the economists and relax.

October 10, 2008 at 9:44 pm |
  5. missy

Do you think I will be my IBM pension when I retire? Personally, I am not going to plan on it.

October 10, 2008 at 9:38 pm |
  6. Lynette B.

I understand that the Fed's are trying to invest in banks, so that banks will start lending again. Why don't they just they just adjust the National credit score guidelines? I work for a bank and have watched the score guidelines get steeper just for you to be considered to have good credit.

October 10, 2008 at 9:24 pm |
  7. Julie Gil

We had hoped to retire in about five years. Do I leave my portfolio alone, and maybe buy some more stocks now to make up for the losses when the market goes up, or do I cut my losses now?

Julie
    Riverside CA

October 10, 2008 at 9:08 pm |
  8. Kent, Illinois

Yeah, I have a question

Why didn't we just give 800 million dollars away to the American people to pay off their mortgages? That seems smarter than giving it to companies who will embessle it and walk away with millions each.

October 10, 2008 at 8:52 pm |
  9. Sharon from Indy

My 401K statement came in the mail today. I lost $35,000 this month. So, how long will it take to recover that kind of money if Wall Street turns around eventually?

I understand I may not be able to retire now until I am 70.

October 10, 2008 at 8:47 pm |
  10. Ella Lam

why is it here in Canada our gas pumps have been so low? Today 1.00 a litre...compare to 1.60 a litre 2 months ago!

October 10, 2008 at 8:22 pm |
  11. Joshua Cudd, San Antonio, TX

I am a 19 year-old student, and am just starting out my life. Seeing the status of the economy, I'm skeptical about whether or not financial security (much less success) is possible for my generation. What can people of my age do to make the most of this unfortunate situation?

October 10, 2008 at 8:20 pm |