October 9th, 2008

Top 10 CNN Heroes revealed

Program Note: CNN Heroes received nearly four thousand submissions from 75 countries. A Blue Ribbon Panel selected the Top 10 CNN Heroes for the year, and over 1 million of you voted for your CNN HERO OF THE YEAR

WATCH CNN HEROES: AN ALL-STAR TRIBUTE
A Global Celebration: Thanksgiving Night at 9p ET

____________________________________________________________________

Watch Anderson Cooper reveal the 10 CNN Heroes finalists for 2008. Viewers can vote for Hero of the Year.

Filed under: CNN Heroes
  1. Frann Altman in CA

I love hearing good news, news that inspires. but how in the world can only one person be chosen. Bravo CNN for doing this.

They are all magnificent in their own right.

November 11, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  2. Damon

These Heros all seem fantastic. Aren't they all about service to others. Or, at least, that's why we value their work so highly. Why must be forced to vote for one of them. I can understand how this 'Hero of the Year' concept draws attention, but isn't there a smarter more inclusive way to do so than vote for the 'greatest hero' ?

November 11, 2008 at 2:43 am |
  3. George

What a great thing to do, honor folks, who themselves have gone through some hard times and have come out of them not just a better person , but a person who just wants to give back and help others and looks for nothing in return.
    Keep it up CNN, great job

October 9, 2008 at 7:25 pm |
  4. herb

Well Anderson I will take my hat off to you and CNN job WELL DONE on the unspoken heroes

October 9, 2008 at 5:27 pm |
  5. Eugenia-San Francisco, Ca

I think that it is extraordinary CNN has taken the time to find the unspoken heroes of the world. To let them know that what they do and the challenges they face at attaining their goal is so very important. But sometimes I feel I should stop reading these blogs and watching the news because lately it just makes me cry. There is so much to done and so many wrongs. The things that our children and our childrens children will have to face makes it hard to see their future clearly. Sorry if this is a bit on the emotional side but it comes from heart.

October 9, 2008 at 3:59 pm |
  6. Lilibeth

Thanks, Anderson, for being up so early to make the announcement of the 10 Top Heroes this morning. Last year's special was very inspirational to me and I'm sure this year's promises to be the same. I hope everyone who watches will help others in need, in any way, shape, or form.

Take care,