September 19th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 9/19/08

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Don’t forget to watch Erica Hill’s webcast during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at Anderson and Erica on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Wondering why some comments are posted while others aren’t? Here’s a post that may help: LINK TO COMMENTS POST

We’ll start posting comments at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Mary

Have a great weekend!

September 19, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  2. gerry

Palin's support is falling off a cliff. Give it a week and her unfavorable rating will exceed favorable.

September 19, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Yeah, that guy looks like a legitimate Illuminati memeber! Ha!

September 19, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Jacqui Chan

maybe we shouldn't laugh he might be mentally ill

September 19, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  5. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

Great job by the moderator tonight! Thank you bloggers and 360 crew. Canwe continue to see whose "behind the scenes" ont he webcast, inclduing the blog moderators???? Good night!

September 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Mary

I don' think that Gov. Palin has enough power to set back women's rights back 60 years.

September 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  7. Jon

Have a great weekend Anderson and crew! See you Monday!

September 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Good Friday evening..It's comforting to know that between Floor Crew Friday and shot of the day bumbling bandit stuck in a vent, that we all have some humor left in us. Night All

September 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Patty

Palin isn't good for women. Her views are way extreme.

September 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Jolene

Good discussions tonight about the bailout! Hope AC and the 360 Floor Crew have a great weekend!

September 19, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  11. yolanda

Bye Anderson good weekend

September 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  12. Donata from Amarillo, TX

You have to ask yourself would you rather have Biden take over if needed or Palin? The debates will show that Biden could step up to the plate.

September 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  13. lynn

Michelle Obama and Jill Biden are out there campaigning for the husbands and taking risks. Both are strong, intelligent and successful women. Both are excellent role models.

Cindy McCain and Mr Palin just stand there on the stage like two goofy statues!!

September 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  14. Megan Dresslar

Good night Anderson and best bloggers!!!!
    Have a great night!!!!! Sleep tight!!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!!
    See you next week!!!!

September 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  15. Mary RI

This financial crisis is a disaster! Taxes will need to be increased. And as the national debt grows, our children are being left with the ramifications of handling it. Having such a large debt leaves the country vulnerable. Anderson...where do you think this leaves the generations of young working profesionals?

September 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  16. Betty Ann, Nacogdoches,TX

have a great week-end ya'll. If you can after all that "news"!!!
    I love you guys!
    XXOO

September 19, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  17. Jon

When people say that America has the strongest economy in the world, what does that mean? If our currency is lower than many Western European currencies and we are asking for money from countries to bank roll our projects around the world, how are we THE strongest economy in the world?

September 19, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  18. Cheryl

It is frightening to know that women would back Mccain because of Palin and then the media says these are Hilary supporters. I don't think so, Hilary's supporters were in support of her experience and policies and Palin has none of those.

September 19, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  19. Emma

With all the work Hillary has been doing to help Obama, I'm still shocked she wasn't chosen as VP.

September 19, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  20. Amie Cuhaciyan

Seems like people like Plain becuase she is personable. Personally I don't need a president or vp that I would like as a neighbor. I want them to be able to make tough decision( like governing a nearly split country) and bettering international relations.

September 19, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  21. Mary

I m a college educated woman and I am not convinced that Sen. Obama is the person to run this country. I think that it is a misnomer that educated women are democrats.

September 19, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  22. deb

Oh pooh ! Palin has energized the GOP base with egotistically driven lies! Is this all the Republicans can offer? In NY many of the professional business women owners I speak to are embarrassed by Palin and not just Dems – but the selection of Palin has pulled female voters away from McCain.

September 19, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  23. Shane O'Sheeran, Las Vegas, Nevada

Obama is up 14 points with all women and 2 points with white women...that is a huge shift in a week and those polls are from three days ago!!! Just wait until more of the Palin lies and policy stands and extreme views come out!

September 19, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  24. Paolo

The reality is women aren't a monolithic group. Married women normally trend republican, especially those who want to foster family values.

September 19, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  25. JImmy in California

Good show tonight. See all you Bloggers Monday, maybe.

September 19, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  26. Maureen / Newman, California

Palin would set back women's rights 60 years. No thanks.

September 19, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  27. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

I sincerely believe that banks who held consumer mortgages should have come-up with front line survival plans in-house, re-negotiating all home loans and doing everything possible to keep people in homes, so they could continue to receive payments from homeowners. They would have (comparitively) minimal losses to write-off instead of the huge losses from stopping their cash flows and adding un-marketable properties to their portfolios. BUT, greed superceded logic, didn't it?

September 19, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  28. Betty Ann, Nacogdoches,TX

I as a woman is not "energized by Palin. She makes me sick! Killing wild animals for FUN! UGH!

September 19, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  29. Lily

I can tell you something... she doesn't have my vote !!

September 19, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  30. yolanda

Just because Mccain picked Palin doesn,t mean we would flock to the ticket it,s about the issues.

September 19, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  31. Ben

I just don't understand, for someone like Mr. Mccain to say he don't know alot about economic can be proposing ideas how to fix it.

Maybe you can help with what Anderson.

September 19, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  32. deb

how much of the bailout is being funded internationally put ting America at even more risk – what is they want to cash out – where does that put us?

September 19, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  33. Mary

I am a female voter and I am certainly undecided. Prove to me that you will be a benefit to my family. I will not vote for anyone just because they happen to be a woman, but Gov. Palin seems to be the most believable person out there. Perfect? No. Real? Yes.

September 19, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  34. Katie Brown

The American economy is still the strongest in the world. why don't we give some credit to Bush, not everything he's done is bad.

September 19, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  35. grace

I'm suprised so many women bought into the Palin story

September 19, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  36. Jewel

I don't know about other women but I don't see women voting for Sarah Palin because she is a women. She is scary to me.

September 19, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  37. Brandi-bottom of the boot

good point anderson, how many of the experts are 100+ years old. lol im all for looking at trends, but they arent 100%. this is a scary situation.

September 19, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  38. Megan Dresslar

Yeah, Donata and BettyAnn
    That is true cool ship I see!!!! ship is so amazing!!!!!

September 19, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  39. Andy Sherrill

Hey I really have been foolish with my money.Do you think the Government will give me a million dollar loan?Please. I promise I will do better this time.
    Sincerely, THE BANK OF ME

September 19, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  40. Lana Frazier

I think that much of what we say is a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing. In a month we will look back and realize that there was a greater hand guiding all of these events.

September 19, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  41. Jolene

Well I'm not middle class and I'm not extremely rich either, however, I'm feeling the woe's of the economy too! It's hitting everyone, IMO.

September 19, 2008 at 10:45 pm |