September 16th, 2008

O.J. Trial: Fromong back in court after yesterday's illness

Editor’s Note:
O.J. Simpson is on trial for robbery and kidnapping charges nearly a year after police arrested him in Las Vegas, Nevada. Prosecutors say Simpson and five other men stormed into a Las Vegas hotel room last September 13 to recover sports memorabilia that Simpson said belonged to him. They say at least two men with Simpson had guns as they robbed two sports memorabilia dealers. The following dispatches come from our Paul Vercammen covering the trial.

--------------------------–
[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/16/art.vert.fromong.jpg width=292 height=320]

Paul Vercammen
CNN Senior Producer

8:08am PT:
Key prosecution witness Bruce Fromong entered the Clark County Regional Justice Center this morning showing no signs of illness.

Fromong suddenly stopped testifying yesterday after complaining of chest pains.

The 54-yeard old memorabilia dealer has a history of heart trouble.

O.J. Simpson's lawyer Gabe Grasso is expected to continue his aggressive cross examination of Fromong when the trial resumes.

Simpson entered the courthouse several minutes after Fromong.

1. Adolf

I don't think O.J. is gonna walk away this time. Just have that knowing feeling. He may not get life, but jail time is most likely in his future. I predict that although O.J. does not receive a life sentence, he will die in prison. Kinda sad to see such an iconic figure fall from so high.

September 16, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  2. Ang in VA

If there were people who had something belonging to me that I thought was valuable, I would try to get it back too. Is that a crime?? I think the prosecution is going to have a hard time with this one, especially if they can't place the gun in OJ's possession.

September 16, 2008 at 7:56 pm |
  3. Lizzy

UGH . No moree Oj please.......If you put this in the linup tonite, I am not gonna watch.

September 16, 2008 at 6:33 pm |
  4. Kevin Smith

The world may want OJ for the Nicole-Goldman case, but this case isn't it. The so-called "victims" weren't in fear, they were interested in making a buck. He'll get acquitted again, this case is a joke.

September 16, 2008 at 3:41 pm |
  5. Johnnie

I am not a lawyer, but I caught this guy, Bruce Fromong, lying according to his own words, four times. If he is the main procescution witness, Pinocchio could do better. But, I'm sure you O.J. procescuters will overlook that.

September 16, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  6. Heather

CNN thank goodness for blogging. I dont and wont watch this circus and with your posting I dont have to. Im sure OJ is happy to be second to Casey Anthony.

September 16, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  7. randy

NO WAY OUT THIS TIME O.J. THEY GOT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 16, 2008 at 1:26 pm |
  8. Bob

OJ's trial is starting to remind me of the movie "My Cousin Vini".
    Defense can't get the questions out and the witness is baffled,
    and the judge is trying to maintain order.

September 16, 2008 at 1:25 pm |