September 13th, 2008

LIVE in Texas

AC360°'s Anderson Cooper is on the ground, live in Texas tonight 6p-8p ET.

Filed under: On TV
  1. Worried Texan

Wanted to let those who may have some ability to help- the media in Texas has been blocked from seeing all of the damage. In particular, Bolivar Peninsula, which is east of Galveston. Please help Texans find out why no media is allowed to see what has happened to this part of Texas! All we have been told is that the FAA will not allow any media helicopters to fly into that area, but what has happened to the people and homes there?

September 15, 2008 at 12:18 am |
  2. karen

FEMA has screwed another major city! Citizens of Houston were instructed by our Mayor to 'hunker down" and when the storm passed ice, water and food would be set up and ready to be distributed. It has been over 48 hours since we came out of the bunker and FEMA is no where to be found! Houston citizens were feeding the National Guard. FEMA did not even send food to feed the National Guard

September 14, 2008 at 11:36 pm |
  3. Ruth

If I were in harm's way, and had been told to leave my home or face death, I would leave! I can't understand why they would call for help when things got drastic! Did they not think that they might die or be severely injured? Did they not think of how much the rescue costs our cities and state? Did they not realize that the recovery effort alone would be extremely difficult without adding the dangerous rescue of people who refused to obey evacuation orders?

I am a person who is always willing to help others– with money or physical effort, but these people are unbelievable and have made a very bad situation even more difficult!

September 14, 2008 at 9:32 pm |
  4. Kevin Macke

The University of Texas A&M has a campus on Pelican Island which is connected by bridge to galveston Island.
    Can anyone tell us the extend of damage and flooding that has occured on Pelican Island and the TAMUG Campus?
    Thanks

September 14, 2008 at 1:53 pm |
  5. Linda

I have family living in Baytown, TX. I kept watching CNN's updates for that area, and was a bit disappointed that the coverage was almost exclusively centered around Exxon Mobil's refinery status and gas prices. I realize these are important issues, but was much more concerned about the status of the residents in that city.

September 14, 2008 at 10:37 am |
  6. Joan M Straach

Thanks to you for the great coverage. I am wondering if you could use your resources to help those of us who had or have beach homes on the Bolivar penn? We have had little or no info on our property. Lots of coverage of Surfside beach who did lose plenty but it appears that we suffered devasting damage. A fly over would be great.

September 14, 2008 at 8:14 am |
  7. L.SALKE

trying to get info or pic of gilchrist, boliver penninsula . my brother has a house two blocks fom gulf. thanks so much, you are all so amazing.

September 14, 2008 at 8:04 am |
  8. Jo

Thank you CNN and AC360 crew for the wonderful coverage you provided. Thanks for risking your lives out there-what courage you all have! I am a native Texan and was saddened to see some of the places I have frequented damaged or flooded. But knowing my fellow Texans, they will prevail.

September 13, 2008 at 5:00 pm |
  9. Diane Blackman

We live in SW Houston...power went out at 10PM Friday night, rain and wind finally came at about 12:00AM (Sat.)...very loud and scary! Worst was from about 4:00AM-7:00AM...power actually back on since 5:45 AM (lucky us)...trees down, limbs and branches scattered in our neighborhood, but all is well. We had a battery tv to watch local news coverage...but missed AC 360, which is my favorite news program.

September 13, 2008 at 1:28 pm |
  10. Bill B.

I've been trying to keep up with the exact locations of your reporters using Google maps. Google has recently added a "Street Level" function that is fancinating. It allows you to see what things looked on the streets of Galeston & Houston like pre-Ike. It would be extremely helpful if your correspondents would frequently mention what intercection they are reporting from.

September 13, 2008 at 1:05 pm |
  11. Heather

No body does it better than CNN and AC360 and crew! Incredible coverage. Please be careful and get some sleep.

September 13, 2008 at 10:58 am |