September 11th, 2008

I've never known her to lie

Steve Turnham
CNN Producer

One thing about Alaska politicians, they don't mince words. When Ted Stevens wants a project funded, he'll come out and ask for it, critics be dammed. And when you asked Governor Palin a tough question, she'll say exactly what she thinks. As one observer of Alaska politics put it, "I've never known her to lie."

Which is why the questionable claims in her shiny new stump speech are striking a false note back home.

Take that bridge.

When exactly did she tell Congress "no thanks" to the Bridge to Nowhere? Congress lifted the requirement that transportation money be spent on the bridge in November of 2005. Palin didn't become Governor until December of 2006, after campaigning for the bridge.

Fudging timelines is nothing new in politics, but Palin has a well earned reputation as the straightest of straight shooters.

To those who know her well back home, the double talk of the stump speech just isn't her style.

It'll be interesting to see, once she starts talking directly to the press again, if a politician who prides herself on speaking the truth will take on the tough questions, or stick to the new script.

Filed under: Raw Politics • Sarah Palin
  1. Lynda Wurtz

This Saturday my daughter 27, myself 50 and my mother (she will turn 80 on election day) will be interviewed on a local radio station for the Obama campain. Three generations of women all terrifed of the future of our country should McCain/Pain ticket prevail in November. My mother most of all realizes all women have had to fight for in her generation. My daughter appreciates what oportunities are available to her because of strides of past generations. We see Palin and her archaic views as a hugh step back for women. Not to mention the constitutional amendment which garantees seperation of church and state. I am not an atheist, I am a Christian who believes all people have a right to worship as they please. Our forefathers coming from England, a country governed by the Catholic church, intentionally set strick guidlines so our country is governed independantly from any one religion. I am also a medical professional and have worked as an OB/GYN assistant for 2 years. I have seen many unwanted teenage pregnancy and the lack of information these young people have. Abortion should not be used as birth control, but as is evident by her own daughter abstinence does not work. I have two grown daughters one of which is due with my first grandchild any day and as soon as they asked quesions they got answers. Education is the only was to "prevent" pregnancy. Birth control does not kill babies it prevents conception. Talking about sex does not incourage young people to engage in sexual activity just the opposite. Wake up America this is 2008 not 1940. What do you want for your daughters? Choice in their future or raising children as children? Both of my daughters are college educated, married and choosing to have children on their own timetable because they were treated with respect as intelligent human beings capable of making their own decisions. I live in Colorado and the fact that Palin can field dress a Moose is not enough to put the lives of my family in her hands!!!

September 11, 2008 at 6:51 pm |
  2. nate

I know people in AK and love Sarah very much. She is true to her word. Those who do not like what she has done for America are those who expect handouts from the government and do not redefine themselves coupled with hard work to help make themselves marketable in our ever changing competitive job market. Go SARAH PALIN AND JOHN MCCAIN!

September 11, 2008 at 6:40 pm |
  3. Chris - Hemet, Ca.

In my humble opinion the reason Palin is being kept on a short leash is because she HAS no views. That tells me that little to no thought has gone into the problems this country is facing. A month or so ago she had no idea what a VP does. She stated she has no views on the war in Iraq. And since I mentioned Iraq will somebody please tell Gov. Palin it's EAR-raq and EAR-ran, not EYE-raq and EYE-ran, it's getting embarassing and hasn't George Bush embarassed us enough.

September 11, 2008 at 6:40 pm |
  4. Lisa Sauer RN

I can find no information on the internet about the Palin Truth Squad than that the McCain camp linked to a university blog about Palin scandals – I think if they wanted the truth out there, Palin herself should not be hiding from reporters. Hoping Charlie Gibson asks the tough questions and that her answers are truthful. She needs to address the multitude of questionable issues already out there – championing ethics legislation and now being investigated for abusing her power; explaining why she lied about not supporting the bridge; telling where the money went; explaining her travel expenses and prving they were allowable by which rules/statutes. Till then she remains only a LLPOF (liar liar pants on fire)

September 11, 2008 at 5:05 pm |
  5. alward

I don't know what has been put in the water, but seems that everyone is drinking it. Because the way folks are enamored with this woman who is completely and irrevocably unqualified (not to mention a little undereducated) for this position– and hasn't said one intelligent thing about how to change the state of this country... good grief people. If she had anything remotely thought provoking to offer about the improving economy or fixing this mess in Iraq or getting us out of this huge deficit, I'd be willing to listen, but honestly I'm just sick of hearing about her hockey mom stories, her children, the wonderful first dude and what she did as the mayor of that tiny little town. If that was enough to rate you for VP, I'd have lots of friends who could send in their resumes.

September 11, 2008 at 3:26 pm |
  6. Hank AZ

It was broadcast that there is an overwhelming request for Sarah's style of eye glasses. Possibly, it will allow the women of the nation to see through the Republican derogatory and untruthful propaganda and cast their ballots on the issues and not their emotions.

September 11, 2008 at 2:59 pm |
  7. Adam Mann

You've got to lay out the facts, even if you are accused of partisanship. It is not partisan to expose a fact or the truth or a lie. Go for it. Expose Obama, McCain, Biden and Palin. And do it quickly.

Kudos to you.

September 11, 2008 at 2:37 pm |
  8. Cindy

@ Cathy Hazelton...Does it matter where Sarah lives or in what type of house? You are going way off point to try to discredit her but none of that will effect us at all! Besides Obama and Biden both live in million dollar houses! So what's your point again!?

Cindy...Ga.

September 11, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  9. Mike

last night on CNN a video was shown in which she was being asked about Hillary concerning the attacks from the media that she faced when she was running in the Primaries. She said that WOMEN should not whine when they are in politics because it would make WOMEN look weak. And lo and behold do you think Palin can follow her own advice? No as soon as she can she pulls the SEXIST card. Pathetic. She said Hillary should suck it up for womanhood but Palin doesn't have to. Two-faced. Hopefully the Dems and Independents can put a stop to the take over of America, because if they aren't stopped then what is Harrison Ellis spears and other young men and women in the military really fighting for?

September 11, 2008 at 2:06 pm |
  10. Dawn in Michigan

People better get wise, and fast. McCain isnt as much like Bush as Palin is, think about it. It is said by people in her administration that if you disagree with her You are gone. Who does that sound like. Shes been stretching the truth on the stump, yet we don't dare call her on it. Who does that sound like? If they win she will probably go for president in 4 years. This country can not take more Bush years. The republicans are great at attacking, then when the dems respond, republicans say wow I dont like negative. I can not believe that this race is even close. It blows my mind that the dems are not 20 points ahead. Is the public going to be swift boated again??? Is the public going to go to the polls, believing this garbage and vote for the party that has almost bankrupted this country. I do understand the pro lifers that have to vote for prolife, they would vote pro life no matter if the person could not even read or write. I know this because I am married to one. But the rest of you, you have got to be kidding. I just shake my head. And John McCain who I supported in 2000, shame on you. He was swift boated in the primaries, people were told he fathered a black baby. He knows what these lies can do. Country First??????????????? when you allow these disgusting lieing ads??????? God help us all..............

September 11, 2008 at 1:59 pm |
  11. Harrison Ellis Spears

The comment is simply not true. She is a liar and a cheat. Her record is about is strudy as a wet noodle. I'm living in Fairbanks, AK. And she hasnt cleaned up one thing here. She was and still is involed with Ted Stevens, who is one of the most corroupt politicans in the U.S. Once she hits the situation room all things will come to light. I know Wolf won't let me down. I can't belive people in Alaska are rallying around her, Alaska has hit it's highest rate of unemployment ever. Not to mention this is my fourth deployment to Iraq (flying today with her son), and i'm not in the army because of my love for it or because I think i'm going to win some type of trophy, but because I simply can't find work. Please for the love God vote Obama!!!!!!!!!!

September 11, 2008 at 1:55 pm |
  12. Rick

No matter how hard you try CNN, you won't stop the McCain Train.

September 11, 2008 at 1:53 pm |
  13. Verlene & Karya

Americans are already viewed from the outside world badly – mainly as war mongers only seeking to conquer a country for it’s resources despite all the ”good media” they try to encourage. One reason I am turned off by McCain war hero and Palin pistol packing power puff girl! As a woman I despise how she can use derrogatory statements referring to herself and other females but if anyone else does it it's sexist. The Brittany/Paris AD done to Obama would have been offensive had the Democrats done that to Palin.
    We need for Sarah Palin to have her coming out party - let the media have at her - so we can put all the cards on the table to make a sensible decision. I don't know why but since this election season the Midwest/the Heartlands/Battle Ground States/Swing States are made to look like they are not educated enough to make a sensible vote and will vote based on race, gender or other stupid reasons rather than electing the person most suitable for the job. The rest of the world is watching let's perform like the great nation our founding fathers fought for!

September 11, 2008 at 1:50 pm |
  14. DEBBIE SHAW

I have been following the elections very closly. I am dismayed by the Republican Party and the Democrats. The Democrats have let the strategy of the Republicans change the main reason why there are Elections and Camppaigns. The republicans have turned this Election into a popularity contest instead of the Important contest it should be. Our Country is in the worst state that I can ever remember. McCain gets himself a VP choice that is not ready to be VP and holds her up like she is the next best thing to Apple Pie. Barak needs to get back to the ISSUES an quit playing Games with the Lives of all Americans. This is way too important. If McCain is so confidant he is the Maverick, than why does he need Palin to pump up his Campaign so much? I cannot believe Voters will change to him just because of his VP choice. Have voters forgotten who is running for President? It is almost like the Republicans hope McCain will get elected than die so Palin can take over.

September 11, 2008 at 1:40 pm |
  15. John

Maybe if the GOP had bothered to vet this candidate, they would have realized that she is more honest than they expected.

Sarah Palin made a name for herself in Alaska by throwing out yesterday's GOP of corruption and lies. She is a God-fearing Christian who speaks the truth, ugly or not. Yes, some of her positions are controversial, but they are what she believes in and what many Alaskans believe in.

If the old Bush-McCain Republican party thought that they could just pull Sarah Palin onto the ticket because she was pretty and could deliver a good line, then maybe they got more than they bargained for. She stands FIRMLY AGAINST the corrupt, deceitful GOP of the past, she stands FIRMLY FOR the truth, Jesus Christ and Alaska, and there is no way she will start lying for anyone.

This is why the Bush-McCain GOP won't let her go in front of cameras, and shame on them. Go Sarah Palin!!

September 11, 2008 at 1:29 pm |
  16. Mike

Palin is a talking puppet with strings attached. She will say what her daddy tells her to say. It would be a bad thing for her to screw up on the campaign trail instead of in the Oval Office where the real disasters happen. Can't wait to see what she does or doesn't do when a disaster happens after she becomes "President". After all isn't this election really about voting for the President and not a celebrity? The world is watching this election closely determining whether your country is really as progressive as your leaders are always claiming it is. I am sure it will be found wanting.

September 11, 2008 at 1:01 pm |
  17. Nancy Carlson

It is questionable about the 'bridge to no where' but she accepted the
    money anyway. After watching 'Good Morning America' about her asking about removing books from the Wasilla library and the Head Librarian said that they could not, Gov. Palin then fired the Head Librarian.
    It was the Alaska Library Ass. that got her job back, but after two years
    she quit because of Gov. Palin's insistance. When the librarian was
    asked for an interview, she said that she did not want to go back to that time, because it was so hard on her. Then firing the guy that
    wouldn't fire her ex-brother-in-law. It seems that Gov. Palin fires people that don't agree with her thinking. Her rule is 'my way or the
    highway'. Let's get past her pretty smile and the Hockey Mom,
    because there are alot of kids out there that are in other sports or
    not at all. Struggling families, loosing homes, our education system
    is suffering, jobs and the economy. If the party wants to 'protect'
    her from answering questions, (like the video of her saying 'what
    does a Vice President do?) they are afraid of the serious issues that are facing America. "If you can take the heat, get out of the kitchen".
    I am a Independent voter and am waiting to listen to the debates.
    I am seriously worried about America and our children's future.

September 11, 2008 at 12:59 pm |
  18. Randy

Did she or did she not kill the Birdge to Nowhere? She is factually correct when she says this even if she did support it previously. I'll take a politician who campaigns one way and reverses for the greater good while in office. Or maybe Mr. Turnham can do a story of how Obama campaigned for federal matching funds but reversed himself for his own political good. I know he wouldn't want to keep making that point. He must be getting two paycheks, one from CNN and the other from the DNC. The Dems and their mouthpieces in the media have been beating this subject to death in a desperate attempt to discredit her.

September 11, 2008 at 12:59 pm |
  19. Cindy in Washington State

The only conclusion I can draw about Sarah Palin is that there must be another side to her that most of the people who know her haven't seen. A hidden side that isn't quite as direct and honest. Perhaps CNN should revisit that observer of Alaskan politics and ask if he/she still thinks Sarah is such a straight shooter. To continue using that "I told them no thanks to the bridge to nowhere" line when it has clearly been proven to be untrue speaks to something I can't fathom. Why press a lie when the whole world is watching? Her speech at the GOP convention was fantastic, she doesn't need to get better. She just needs to be accessible and honest. We all want to know who she is. All she has done since the convention is repeat the lines she gave in her speech (written by someone else). Will the real Sarah Palin please stand up? I wonder how different this week would have been if she had done the Sunday shows and made the rounds. Instead, her unavailability has sparked rampant internet chatter and an obsessive quest to find out who she is and what she is about. My admiration of her has diminished. Her history has some disturbing elements. As we find out more about who she really is, my guess is that the convention bloom will fade. We will see how she does with Charlie Gibson tonight and how tough his questions are. A critical question for me centers around her readiness to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency. She has come off as being afraid to show the American people who she is. Not a confidence booster that a potential President is afraid of the media.

September 11, 2008 at 12:54 pm |
  20. Cathy Hazelton

Could someone tell me why Ms. Palin, who is apparently extremely cost conscious with her constituentws money, is living in a 14,400 sq. ft. mansion with ten bathrooms, six bedrooms and eight fireplaces? Oh, I forgot she fired the chef!
    Spare me her righteousness. No wonder she spent 311 days at home. I would too, but I would not get the per diem.

September 11, 2008 at 12:49 pm |
  21. danny kun of Vancouver

If she is what the Republican say she is a more qualify leader than Obama and Biden and her judgement and excutive experiences qualify her to be the VP and possibly the President then she should proof it by facing the press. Answer all the questions that the public wants to know about her. If she can not handle that, what kind of a President will she be? how will she handle that phone call at 3:00 o clock am?

This is a good time for her to demonstrate her leadership not by hiding behind the iron curtains of her Party.

Sarah Come Out!, Sarah Come Out!!

I think that should be the battle cry for supporters of the Democrats against McCain-Palin, especially against Palin.

The Republicans are very weak in putting forward their policies that is why they have been concentrating on catch phrases such as lipstick, pitbull, moose, barracuda and pigs. They have use it so well to trap Obama and Biden and the reason Obama and Biden are having difficulty to counter that is because they are more serious about the welfare of the nation while the Republican strategiest are more concern on pigs and lipstick which is the present condition of the USA under Bush and will continue to be if McCain-Palin wins.

I am sure McCain is a maverick but he has lost his touch and has lost control of the Party & himself it is now the party that controls him.

September 11, 2008 at 12:48 pm |
  22. matt in nebraska

I guess what I do not understand is why do the people of this great nation think that we are going to be better of with Mcsame and I am a soccer mom Palin. The political machine that has been in office is still there. Things are not going to change with these two. And by the way John Mcsame you are not about to change you are to old to change now. Palin you have so little experiance in government that there is no way that I would want somebody like you sending my boy who has been to Iraq and back into a war that this political machine started on false pretences.

September 11, 2008 at 12:48 pm |
  23. OK Snoey

The change mantra of the republican ticket is purely an opportunistic response to the situation vis-a-vis Obama/Biden and the only way to deal with 'wet blanket' of the unpopular Bush administration.

If you recall Bush's nomination speech he said all the same things as McCain, almost verbatim. He talked about change too. And, 'reaching across the aisle'...etc. I guess he did change things. Although, it does seem like there's such a thing as good change vs. bad change.

The key is not change, in and of itself, but the vision and direction for this country. I don't see Palin/McCain as articulating a vision for ALL americans.

September 11, 2008 at 12:43 pm |
  24. Mike

Bias Media? Geez Hal, wasn't obama scrutinized..enough by the media? well let Sarah Palin get scrutinized by the Media as well..don't u think that's fair?what do u want?...u want everybody to shut up and pretend she is so so so capable to be the president of America..God forbids if something happens to Mccain?? Obama was drilled by the media for several months now..I think it's fair enough to attack her from all angles..just as Obama was. This is politics..it doesn't matter if she is a woman, nobody cares. she will be Media attacked. That's fair.

September 11, 2008 at 12:34 pm |
  25. Pam M -London Ontario Canada

Sarah Palin is a political unknown to many Americans and the world. She is running for a very important position in the White House and the voters as well as leaders in other countries need to know as much about this person as possible: good and bad. By accepting the position as running mate to John McCain, her life is open to scrutiny. Her straight talk is admirable but how she talks to Alaskans and how she must present herself to world leaders as well as on the national front, is very different. Voters want to trust the people they elect and far too many politicians have failed in this area. I am a woman who is more than eager to see women in high positions, but is she ready for this position? The citizens of the United States are in great need of politicians who have integrity and truly care about how their actions will affect Americans on the homefront as well as on the international stage.

September 11, 2008 at 12:30 pm |
  26. Teresa

Thats all the republicans have done so far in this campaign is LIE! Well, ok Distort. Anything a democrat says these days they blow all out of proportion and it is getting more and more rediculous. They are the ones who bash the democrats and get away with it and then as soon as we say anything they cry like little babies. How in the heck would McCain handle a crisis if he cannot even handle a crisis with CNN regarding an interview he cancelled because of Campbell Brown, thats like a little boy who says "I quit" I am taking my toys and going home. C'mon, this is a man who cares nothing about the middle class and she is no different. Everything she is touting she has accomplished has been distorted. She had something to do with it or was there but she is claiming she was the hero in it all. That is such a bunch of lies and garbage. What I really dont get is how McBush can possibly be ahead in the polls??? EVery blog and every site I go where there are message boards and such, Obama people seem to be overwhelmingly larger than Mccain supporters. Why wold we want another 4 years of the same??? Do I feel safer with McCain just because he was a war hero, NO is the answer to that. Palin can get all her guns out and boy are we safer?? NO. What a joke the media has made out of this. The republicans always get a break and the Dems get trashed any chance they can get. Thats very sad.

September 11, 2008 at 12:17 pm |
  27. Claudia, Houston, Tx

"I've never known Palin to lie" and what planet have you been living on. Every politician lies whether democrat or republican and any other political party, so whoever said that just told a big lie.

September 11, 2008 at 12:09 pm |
  28. OK Snoey

It will be interesting if you resumes her natural open and honest style. Can she sustain the illusion that she is well equipped to step in to the VP role, and, ultimately, could she perform effectively as president.

Her experience seems to be completely local. But, because she has been so shielded against scrutiny, it has been hard o see what she knows and what she doesn't.

At this time I would be very concerned if she had to sit across the table from some of the international rogues gallery. But, then again, Bush wasn't very good at this either.

September 11, 2008 at 11:55 am |
  29. Dee from Manchester, CT

With chatter of finally having interviews being permitted, it'll be interesting to see what questions Gov Palin is asked and what points are clarified. Although, after everything I've read, seen and heard it's going to be tricky visualizing Gov Palin not revealing some severe holes in her grasp of policies.

September 11, 2008 at 11:47 am |
  30. Lisa

She will stick to the script if they ever let the press at her. I am not interested in seeing scripted television and magazine interviews where the questions have been reviewed by the "McCain people". I want real questions with real answers. I want to see her thinking on her feet and providing answers without the benefit of editing. That is only real way to get to know how someone works. Honestly, the information that I have gotten about her as a politician does nothing but increase my skepticism about her qualifications. Since McCain has picked Palin to occupy the second highest office in the country, the American people have the right to see, hear and question her on her philosophy, beliefs, and past record. I am truly disturbed that we have not been given this access. The only reason to shield her from the questions and comments from the press and the American people is that they are not confident in her ability to handle it. It is obvious that the McCain camp feels she needs to be hidden and pumped full of information. This is analogues to trying to get a PhD without ever going to college. Sorry guys....this just doesn't work. Sure, she was the governor of Alaska, she was the mayor of a small town, and she was a PTA mom, but I need more proof that she is qualified to occupy the role of Vice President of the country. I have seen Barak Obama, John McCain, and Joe Biden at their best and at their worst and have been able to form opinions based on watching how they handle themselves under real scrutiny. I know how they feel about the issues that are important to me and my family. All I really understand about Palin is why she appeals to religious fanatics who want to halt medical progress, who want to tell me that I don't have the right to choose, and who want to impose their narrow and limited religious beliefs on all Americans. Thanks but NO thanks to the bridge back to the dark ages (and the bride to more of the same old Bush politics.)

September 11, 2008 at 11:44 am |
  31. Verlene & Karya

I will be staggered if she keeps a str8 face with this bold face untruth. But then again the media allows her while they make false claims the the Liberal democrats on the internet are smearing her - since when does Obama control the worldwide web...that's Gore remember...he created it!

September 11, 2008 at 11:44 am |
  32. Dave Holmes

I don't understand all the whoop-la over Sarah Palin's return to Alaska. Who cares that she went back to Alaska? Does the press report when Biden goes back home? Isn't his son deploying as well? Rhetorical questions I know, but I really don't see the point in covering this story. Please report on something worthwhile, such as... Why does Sarah Palin sound like a broken record? I've seen about 5 speeches from her, and they are the same speech she delivered at the GOP convention. I really don't care about the "bridge to nowhere". I want to know how they plan to improve the economy. They simply talk about tax cuts and changing Washington. Tax cuts haven’t done anything to improve the economy. The stimulus checks had absolutely no effect. We need more jobs, and we need real reform. Please talk about things that matter!!!

September 11, 2008 at 11:18 am |
  33. J

Don't forget that apprently Obama and his VP canidate both voted against the money that was given for the bridge to be used for Katrina victims.

September 11, 2008 at 11:15 am |
  34. Cindy from NC

It looks like she is lying up and down the campaigned field. I wish the media – YOU GUYS stop focusing on this pig mess and ask the tough question. You sent OBAMA through the fire and barely lit a match to Sarah. This is your job to investigate. That is why BUSH has done what he has done because he has had the media higher ups in his back pocket that they didn't want to report his real wrong doings and still is. I don't see Carl Rove at the senate hearing but does the media care now. That is why Sarah Palin is allowed to go on w/ the campaign w/ negative attacks and her record not challenged.

September 11, 2008 at 10:48 am |
  35. Al Jackson

Well, she like McCain, has fallen in line with the rest of the republican party. Remember when "straight talk" was an accurate description of John McCain? Well, since he was suffering from aligning himself with George W. Bush and the republican brand, he decided to take the advice of Bush's campaign managers, go negative, get off the straight talk. In March of this year Senator McCain promised "a respectable campaign", a promise, a prelude to his presidency if he wins, of the future. Yes, Karl Rove has whispered in his ear and can you blame McCain. It is working. He has BANKED on the ignorance of the American people while Senator Obama is attempting to bank on the intelligence of the American people. We will see which is which!

September 11, 2008 at 10:35 am |
  36. Chante' Codrington

As my great friend Shakespeare would say, "A false face must hide what the false heart doth know," Sarah Palin, as great, beautiful and talented as she is, hanging out with the bad crowd(Mc.Same) will in end time only give her a bad name. In her defense, you can't really blame her. Coming from a small town in a small place (Alaska), never before receiving so much press on a national level, it is expected for her to tell a few lies until her entire agenda is a lie and her morals completely washed away in the hype.
    *Obama 08*

September 11, 2008 at 10:35 am |
  37. Patty Barwick

Where was Joe Biden last night, Wednesday 9/10? If Sarah Palin's return to Alaska was getting live coverage, why wasn't Joe Biden? Why did we not know what he was doing the same evening?

September 11, 2008 at 10:20 am |
  38. Curious

She'll stick to the script...

September 11, 2008 at 10:12 am |
  39. Bubba

She's already wilting under the hot sun. Shoulda kept her in the icebox.

September 11, 2008 at 9:57 am |
  40. Annie Kate

If Palin tells the truth and doesn't follow the script then I'll believe that the McCain/Palin ticket may be the one that will really reform and change the government and our country for the better. If she stays to the script then its a shame that a good honest straight shooter like she is reputed to be was corrupted by Washington politics in the quest for election and power.

Annie Kate
    Birmingham AL

September 11, 2008 at 9:51 am |
  41. Bob Blackwell

I did notice she changed her script a little in Alaska last night regarding the sale of the Gov's jet.
    I think she said something like "and we sold that jet", with no mention of ebay! hmmmm...

September 11, 2008 at 9:39 am |
  42. Brenda Harris

Last night I watched as Palin was making her speech in Alaska.
    I noticed she said she sold the plane but she did not say her famous line I put it on Ebay as if thats where it sold. What's up with that.
    if this a flip- flop

September 11, 2008 at 9:25 am |
  43. ully

i think all the bad news about Sarah Palin in the past just the trick from obama sides to put her down,to win the election,but i beleive american people getiing wise and smart to judge people! if Sarah elected as a governour its mean people in her area trust her crediblity!Just vote Sarah and just vote Mc cain!

September 11, 2008 at 9:25 am |
  44. wilson

No matter how hard you hit her, she is shining.

Obama is disillusioned or confused. If he can't handle Palin, what is he ready for?

Vote present always Obama.

Go McCain 2008

September 11, 2008 at 9:17 am |
  45. Liz Fine

Talking to the press "AGAIN?" When was Palin ever talking to the press? You people better wake up! Here it is seven years since 9/11 and still no Bin Laden. It's all about the distractions people, all about distractions and this election is no different.

Obama/Biden 08' (In case you were wondering)

September 11, 2008 at 9:14 am |
  46. Cindy

I think that Palin will be honest. Nothing wrong with her changing her mind on things. I mean Obama has done it more times than you can count!!

Cindy...Ga.

September 11, 2008 at 8:50 am |
  47. sarah

There is no doubt she is a skillful politician. Anyone who is not taking side can see through thruth. However, people tend to forgive the mistake of the other person if they are in "love " with that person. I believe we should switch the spotlight on Sarah Palin to what MaCain/Palin ticket will do for us? Maybe we should start a sentence with "what McCain/Palin ticket will do for you on tax, on health...? Do not engage into disscussion of how she is as a person even as a governer. People who love her will still love her no matter what she did in the past. But no matter how much we love the other person, we always lover ourselves more. So let's talk about what they will do for us in the office.

September 11, 2008 at 8:47 am |
  48. Trish A

I am not blind or partisan and I certainly can't see anything that could be described as qualifications on Palin's behalf! And as far as her being a straight shooter, I think her Alaskan Citizens will realize, as will Americans, just like the Bridge to Nowhere, Palin was for straight shooting before she was against it and it is clear at present, she is still against it! Or was she ever for it?

It is very difficult to ascertain what Palin is for or against. She changes her stance more often than her wardrobe! One thing is for sure, if she was the politican the Republicans are claiming her to be she wouldn't need a Teleprompter to make her claim! And she would be delighted to bend our ears about her qualifications through the Media and Press. The fact she won't talk to the Media or even take questions from the audience is confirmation she is not ready to lead, not qualified, and nothing but a PHONY. As the gamblers say, put your money where your mouth is Sarah, or fold.

September 11, 2008 at 8:43 am |
  49. Greg

The jury is still out on whether she really is this pillar of character and integrity. However, if that is true, it seems fairly obvious that accepting the VP nomination and becoming the republican stump puppet she has been for the last 2 weeks only goes to show the only lies Sarah Palin has told are to herself.

September 11, 2008 at 8:21 am |
  50. Hal in Florida

I think she will get better and better as time passes by. It is refreshing to have two straight talking, get it done leaders on the Republican ticket. Sarah just need to be sure she doesn't get sidetracked by the bias media and vituperous attacks against her from far left dems.

September 11, 2008 at 8:17 am |