September 10th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 9/10/2008

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Don’t forget to watch Erica Hill’s webcast during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

Be sure to check out Anderson and Erica on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

We’ll start posting comments to this blog at 10p ET and stop at 12a ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Jen-FL

McCain=More of the same 😦

September 10, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  2. Max, Dallas, TX

Why aren't the voters paying attentions?! These facts should be tanking McCain! His is a horrible plan!!

September 10, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  3. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

Wow! That tax analysis is great! Thank you for getting down to the bottom line 360!!! Good job!

September 10, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  4. Dena Illinois

Maybe the "Palin-McCain" campaign doesn't like ANY comments about PORK.

September 10, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  5. Danny D

I cant believe that our country is falling for this GOP garbage. McCain should be ashamed of himself for these petty attacks. Back to the issues people!

September 10, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  6. Lee - Oregon

Please CNN, let's get back to the real issues that face the American people. This election is too important to trivialize it by all this nonsense about lipstick.

September 10, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  7. Rob

Anderson, the mudslinging is really turning me off. I was extremely excited about this election until the recent turn of events making it look more like a freak show than a real election.

September 10, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  8. gary

all the "mud slinging" is turning me off both campains. I haven't missed an election of any type since I turned 18. That's a 26 year run about to come to an end. Neither of these 2 parties seem to care let alone solve any issues.

September 10, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  9. Annette

I think Obama is trying to talk the issues and trying to stay on topic but with the media only wanting to talk about Palin and McCain sliming him constantly, it sure makes it hard.

September 10, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  10. Jason Berke

Anderson- its turning me off! Please no more L-word! Give us 30 more minutes of freedom! Thanks!!! We think you rock in Minnesota!

September 10, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  11. Tammy

What I think both Obama/Biden and McCain/Palin should do is instead of campaigning around the country and only having a few debates we should have the remaining fifty plus days of debates in all the states that way both party's are committed to the issues and the American people can get a feel for what each of them plan to do if they get into office. Yea like that will ever happen!

September 10, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  12. mollie

i really wish the entire gulf coast could have cat. 5 hurricane protection. some places, such as where i live, don't have any protection. that's not good. good luck everyone in ike's path

13. Kat Reisdorf

The mudslinging is kind of a political turn off for me. I want to hear what the candidates are going to do for this country, not petty bickering over things like pigs and lipstick.

14. Mark Lippman

It seems incredibly irresponsible to waste coverage on the kinds of thiings that are being talked about this week. How are Americans going to make an informed decision when they go to the polls in November?

15. CAROLYN JONES

it's a turn off the back and forth, children are watching these programs they are so in to sen obama, and when they see him being attacked they get emotional. this is not good.

16. Jay

I am becoming more of a political cynic. I just want the facts, pleeeease.

17. Mike

Anderson: In all honestly it kinda frustrates me to see the mudslinging and what not going on. The whole pig/lipstick thing going on is making everyone forget about the real issues at hand.

18. Vince Pestritto

Anderson, what I see is one team throwing mud at the other with a stream of distorted comments. The other team is just busy wiping off mud and pointing out facts that speak for themselves.

19. Claire

It's totally turning me off. I already knew who I was going to vote for regardless, but it gets old when all McCain's campaign can seem to do is be negative about everything. Both campaigns are just sinking to new levels, honestly, and it's getting really old to see it night after night.

20. Buck

I would be willing to bet for her first interview Gov. Palin will be given the questions in advance.

21. Sheryl

Anderson – this is no tit for tat – IT IS ALL TIT (McCain and party) with very little tat (Obama is trying to stay with the issues). Are you really missing this point???

22. Jennie from PA

Getting tired of it all and still no closer to a decision as I was 6 months ago.

23. Dave

It is turing me off. As a Canadian who is watching the American election closely for the first time, I can't believe what i am hearing from the candidates. Mudslinging like this would get a candidate in Canada booed off the stage

24. Tyler -Chapel Hill, NC

Its a little of both AC

September 10, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  25. Dee

No it's not turning me off, I just see the race for what it is. I am a strong supporter of Barack Obama. Yes, he lost his cool, but he is human. No matter how many times he talks about the issues, some Amercians will only see him as a Black man – I encourage him to keep pressing the issues.

September 10, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  26. Jo Ann

Obama is turning a lot of people off with his Prima Donna attitude. He thinks he can get away with anything he wants because the media is watching his back.

September 10, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  27. Quincy

turning me off.... the unchallenged lies are turning me against the mccain/palin ticket. i don't understand how they're being allowed to run the adds and make the speeches without being held accountable for their accuracy.

September 10, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  28. Gail Brown kentucky

i am really tired of the mud slinging for real . they do need to get back on topic and discuss the plans they have for change really .

September 10, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  29. Karen

Does anyone notice that McCain has no audience when he is campaigning alone? Who is running for President? He needs to stop hiding behind her skirt and be a man!

September 10, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  30. Cheryl L

Thanks Anderson for pointing out that Obama is damned if he does and damned. Everyone is looking at this election based on past elections this is something totally different. Nobody knows how it is going to end.

Obama/Biden08

September 10, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  31. JImmy in California

Anderson I am ready to vote for you and Erica for President and VP if it will stop all the mudslinging and get the campaigns back on message.

September 10, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  32. Anna

This is mudslinging is turning me off Anderson. It's pushing me further away. I'm glad you'll be covering good facts tonight!

September 10, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  33. Genevieve M, TX

The 'pig snorting' sound during the 'Beat 360' clip was funny! haha!

September 10, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  34. Shannon

Anderson, when you ask who is telling the truth, I don't even have to wait for the answer! There is only one candidate in this race being upfront and honest with the American people.

September 10, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  35. jackie Chino Hills, CA

honestly, i'm kind of getting turned off from all this. i look forward to watching to see something new or different. i guess we're already in too deep to bail out since it's almost november, but it's a bit frustrating from the citizen, taxpayers and vote standpoint

September 10, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  36. Arlene

Mudslinging is putting it mildly. I could think of a better description than that. Could you just vomit? It makes me just want to turn the whole thing off, go away, and come back when it's all sorted out after November.

September 10, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  37. Joy in NY

its turning me off, Mcain needs to grow up

September 10, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  38. Mike, Syracuse NY

Anderson, the mud slinging just shows Obama isn't anything new or different. He's a Chicago politician, just like all politicains.

39. Dloris

Hello from Texas....I am writing from an area in Ikes path. My son-in-law and daughter came to get us out of here.

40. Jana, Indiana

Sorry Anderson, it is turning me off. I want to hear issues.

41. MaryBeth

Anderson: totally turning me off...it's like an episode of "As the Election Turns" or something.

42. Don, WA

I agree with Candey Crowley and David Gergen, Obama should just move on – the republicans seem to have "issues" – but not the issues that matter. Mr. Gergen said the republicans are running smart – I hope Obama does'nt get sucked into an intelligence of a lower order.

43. Susan from Scotts Valley

Hi Anderson!
    It's doing both. It's making me very depressed and disgusted but it's also convinced me that I'm going to work harder to make sure Obama gets elected.

44. ron

not turning me off. I know the stakes and the issues that matter and Obama is the choice

45. brad

is this mudslinging?
    why aren't candidates held to the same standards as anyone else for slander and liable......are they protected?

46. Susan Bays

The mudslinging is the Republicans' weapon of choice so the Democrats have no choice but to respond in kind. Otherwise, the Dems risk looking like wimps.

47. Mercedes

it's a complete turn off. I know not voting is not the right thing to do however I know individuals who no longer wish to track the race due to all this

48. Jeff - Mobile AL

Mudslinging ... the root of all politics ...

49. Bob VA

On taxes, please be sure to include that Obama currently plans to permit the Bush tax cuts to expire. Also, McCain will increase exemptions. The comparison I have seen on CNN today does not clearify these two tax issues.

50. Margaret Wilson

It a complete turn off. Makes me sooo mad. They are not concentrating on the issues which is bad for our country.

September 10, 2008 at 10:23 pm |