September 1st, 2008

Last shot of a long day...

Finally getting a horizontal break after 12 hr day... Can AC360° viewers guess which CNN correspondent is wearing the soggy sneakers?

(scroll down for answer)

Susan Roesgen
CNN Correspondent

Filed under: Hurricane Gustav
  1. Brandon

From a Louisiana native now living overseas for the US military. This was the worst hurricane coverage I've ever seen. The "Levee Bust Lust" in New Orleans between Anderson Cooper and Blitzer was appalling. They covered very little of the areas that were really getting pummeled. They just couldn't wait to see another major flood so the gov't blame game could start again. How about covering the areas that got hit hard instead of looking for the big flood in New Orleans. I extend my gratitude to those who worked hard to correct the lessons from Katrina and limit the loss of life and property.

September 2, 2008 at 9:30 am |
  2. Andre

1 million peopple displaced by the floods in India, who cares about Gustav another Republican media ploy to divert our attention from their incompetence. They're telling us loud and clear "See, we got it right this time",(now that it doesn't matter anymore and the {Katrina} damage is done and the city ruined.)

September 2, 2008 at 9:05 am |
  3. nikeya

hey i got those same shoe!!!!!!

September 2, 2008 at 8:48 am |
  4. Sandra, Wadley Ga

Susan:

I really like your sneakers, however, for your next hurricane assignment, please look into purchasing Wanchese waders. I am so thankful for the safety of our CNN crew. Great job in keeping the people informed, best hurricane team and best political team.

September 2, 2008 at 8:12 am |
  5. Ardie Bahr

Just a Note to Tell You That Several Families That Came To Memphis To Escape the Hurricane Were Victums of Robberies & Very Unsanitary Conditions in the "Shelters" While in Memphis , One Pastor's Car was Vandalized, DVD Player, & GPS, & All the Speakers
    were Taken.
    WHAT A "WELCOME" To the City!

All The Schools Here In Desoto Co. Ms, Were put on Alert to Open Their Cafeterias To Feed Evacuees. Just Glad We don't live in Memphis!
    Mrs. Roger E Bahr, Nesbit Ms.

September 2, 2008 at 2:59 am |
  6. Socorro

While your coverage of the hurricane GUSTAV is brilliant, it is sad that Anderson Cooper had to feature Obama more on the disaster than McCain who was actually physically helping out today on the 1st day of the Republican Convention!! Give him a break!
    This is another obvious proof of your favoring Obama. Is that fair? CNN prides itself in "getting facts and demanding truth" ..... what facts, what truth when you are so biased, when you choose who you want and don't want! Anderson Cooper, John King and Campbell Brown, all from CNN, are the ones who are Obama fanatics! It's okay to adore him but please not on the job!
    Hillary might have lost not because Obama is better but because she ran a bad campaign but the media surely helped Obama win! And CNN did it big time!
    It's very disappointing to see your coverage of Politics especially at these history-making times. Be fair, CNN!

September 2, 2008 at 1:36 am |
  7. William - NC

Great coverage. Even when I change to see what is being said on the other networks, it is only a momentary departure. As a journalist and former broadcaster I am particular about the quality and skills of the announcers and newscasters that I choose to listen to and watch.

Thanks for the good work.

September 2, 2008 at 1:29 am |
  8. ladybuggs5224

I don't know 'bout those shoes bein hot, but the coverage has been great. Anderson Cooper has been one of my favorites since the war started!!! I gave birth to my oldest son one month before the war started so I had to wonder what kind of world I brought him into to. If I wanted to know something Anderson Cooper was there to inform. Of all the CNN personalities, I look to Anderson for the best, down to earth, informative, and honest coverage, and thats not easy to say for the media 😉

Heidi

September 2, 2008 at 1:28 am |
  9. andrea

Why are you only discussing New Orleans and not where the storm hit the hardest i.e. Lafourche and Terrebonne parishes? There was a lot of damage to those small communities. Not everything revolves around New Orleans.

September 2, 2008 at 1:19 am |
  10. Suebob

I'm glad the worst didn't happen. Thanks for going there and covering it.

September 2, 2008 at 12:38 am |
  11. Naissa, Texas, USA

Thanks y'all for all of your wonderful reporting! It is greatly appreciated!

Lol, Susan Roesgen, those sneakers are WICKED cool!

September 2, 2008 at 12:18 am |
  12. Gladys

Thank you for all of the hard work. Will be able to stand up after finally getting a chance to sit down?

September 2, 2008 at 12:07 am |
  13. Carole-West Palm beach

You're all FANTASTIC. Hasn't CNN heard of "WELLIES?" Put them on your expense accounts!

September 2, 2008 at 12:00 am |
  14. Akita

Nice Shoes!

September 1, 2008 at 11:54 pm |
  15. Lauren

Good reporting, bad shoes. (Just kiddin"!)

September 1, 2008 at 11:33 pm |
  16. wayne geddes p.land

nice sneaks where did you buy them?

September 1, 2008 at 11:17 pm |
  17. Crystal ... Los Angeles,CA,

Those shoes are hot,,,,

September 1, 2008 at 11:14 pm |
  18. Michael, NC

I think I speak for most of the viewers across the nation, we really appreciate the work you reporters do.
    As crazy as it sounds, I would love to be a reporter doing just what you were doing today, putting it all on the line to show the people of the nation what is happening in these intense situations. It takes people like you to provide the most realistic viewpoints for us, and we thank you for that.

September 1, 2008 at 11:13 pm |
  19. Jaime

Thanks to all of you for excellent journalism as always, but why is St Bernard Parish mentioned so rarely? My daughter and I volunteered at the Community Center of St Bernard and were impressed with the tenacity, committment to their community as well as the still existing day to day struggle for the basics necessities of daily living that most of us in the USA take for granted. I would appreciate some more coverage there. How did they fare today?

Thanks! Jaime

September 1, 2008 at 11:07 pm |
  20. Mandie

People still use velcro?

Facetious comment I know, but it's the first thing that came to mind.

September 1, 2008 at 11:06 pm |
  21. jackie Chino Hills, CA

thank you for all the work that you continue to do so well =)

September 1, 2008 at 11:04 pm |
  22. Heather

I hope you remember to keep your feet dry.

September 1, 2008 at 11:01 pm |
  23. Cindra

Thank-you all! We've been riveted by Gustav's coverage today and you all did a fabulous job keeping us informed.

September 1, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  24. Uma, Liverpool, UK

Cute. 🙂

Take care of yourselves. Brilliant work. Hugely appreciated!

September 1, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  25. Rosa Margaret

Have been watching so many hours but have not understood how evacuees will be brought back to the LA. coast. We have reeceived these evacuees in So.Carolina.

September 1, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  26. Jenn

Payless!
    I got the same ones!

Journalist rock the pink plaid!

September 1, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  27. Terrence, Sausalito CA

The depth and breadth of your coverage never fails to amaze me. Thanks for going the extra mile to keep us informed. You coverage of Gustav was world class. thanks!

September 1, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  28. Claire

You all work your butts off! We appreciate it!

September 1, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  29. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Thanks Susan Roesgen. You always do an excellent job.

September 1, 2008 at 9:58 pm |