August 29th, 2008

An unbelievable head fake

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/08/29/art.mccain.palin.jpg caption="Republican Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin delivers her speech after Sen. John McCain, introduced her as his Vice Presidential running mate, Friday."]Editor's Note: A look at what conservative bloggers are saying about Sen. John McCain's choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for his Vice Presidential running mate.

Ed Morrissey at HotAir:

"What an unbelievable head fake by McCain, perfectly executed to build suspense and knock The One off the front page this morning. Mind-blowing."

Michael Medved at Townhall:

"If she's the pick, the press frenzy will be huge -- HUGE - but McCain will largely lose the experience issue against Obama. By any standard, Governor Palin is less prepared as commander in chief than Obama."

Michelle Malkin:

"The announcement from Dayton will start any minute. There's a new rock star in town. Conservatives are full of Hope that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will bring much-needed Change to McCain Republicanism ... Yes, I'm impressed. Very impressed."

RedState:

"And how can Obama combat the experience canard? Palin has more executive experience than Obama has had. And from what we've seen already, she is awesome. The GOP is more united than the Dems have been. We just got more so. And we got a lot of new voters too ... Epic. Win."

Filed under: John McCain • Raw Politics • Sarah Palin
  1. Lavon k hummel

There is alot to talk about, class ceiling. pandering. McCain is so bold. Yeta yeta yeta. I want to know. has any one besides me noticed MS Palins lips, She has a big thing for lip gloss. it dose not say- I'm VP material, Please one of you McCain supporters do her a favor and send her a nice shade of matt lip stick. thats way to much lips grease for kissing little baby.

September 1, 2008 at 5:53 am |
  2. deshawn

Why is John Mccain making a mockery of the American political system with his obvious choice of pandering.
    Obama was correct John just dont get it.

August 31, 2008 at 4:39 pm |
  3. Laura

Are folks seriously trying to equate Palin's inexperience to Obama's? Obama has been traveling the country for almost 2 years seeing first-hand American issues and listening to people across the country express their concern for the future of America. How many states has Palin ever even been to in her political life? Obama was already stirring the national political scene when Palin was running for mayor of a small town. Palin does seem like an accomplished woman and great asset to Alaska, but she is in no way ready for the not only the national political scene, but of greater concern the international political scene. Also, the fact that John McCain selected her after only one personal meeting is appalling!!!

August 31, 2008 at 10:49 am |
  4. sue

well, all the above points are noted as far as Mccain's lack of understanding with selecting Palin. since I feel I am an intelligent women but an average women. some of the accomplishment of mrs Palin are commendable. however I would still be afraid to vote for Mccain because I feel the campaign should have well rounded people so that any one of them can stand up and fill in or make decisions on the fly if the time came that they needed too. all of Obama group I feel can do just that. ( I would also love to see gore in his cabinet for the sustainability issues we must face up to. I liked his speech and did not find it to fast, but to the point on many issues in the time frame given).
    Obama has shown this ability with the running and structure of his campaign that he is a qualified leader also to surround him self with experienced advisories. I really don't get the sense that Palin would do as well.
    I do feel she was selected because she is a women and that she would offset mccain, short commings but not to the extent that Obama has with his decision to go with a proven knowledgeable vp.
    Mccain, he I feel is all about the armed force. and that too scare me.

I would have loved voting for a women but I am not going to vote for a women just because she is that , a women. The person must show me that they are capable, to handle the diversities of that position. she does not in my view measure up to that of Obama and Biden and mccain does not now as well.

August 31, 2008 at 5:35 am |
  5. Michael R.

McCain's VP selection, following his attackes on the experience, judgement, and readiness of Obama, makes it apparent that either his attacks were hypocritical or his judgement is subject to the winds of popularity. With so many other more qualified people to choose from, Palin becomes the equivalent of an affirmative action candidate. There is no comparison to Obama because he was voted into nomination, while Palin was selected by one man. I wouldn't want McCain's judgement desiding whether my sons have to fight in one of his wars.

August 30, 2008 at 8:30 pm |
  6. crista

well lets look at Obama's experience he has been in senate for two years and running for president for two years! ummmm hello! wake up America Obama is a soicialist who will turn America into another china...we will be like trained dogs....we will have to give our money to the government so they can help low lives who do not want to work. the working class will be bring home pennies...........and as far as people still going on about us being in war.....I hope people have not forgotten September 11th, the day they attacked US. and the biggest weapon of mass destruction we have found is Saddam Hussein, who killed people for his own enjoyment. talk to someone in the army they will really tell you what it is like to serve there country. i assure you that all those men and women in Iraq will mark McCain on there absent tee! because they count it a joy to keep there families free in America.

August 30, 2008 at 7:46 pm |
  7. Stewart

I sat stunned listening to Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's introduction speech to the vice presidential spot. I even felt a little sorry for her, because the McCain campaign is using her in the most cynical way. She is simply on the ticket because she is a right-wing conservative woman, with almost no record to attack. With less than two years as governor and only a bachelor's degree in journalism, she lacks the political, professional, and educational experience to be president should something happen to McCain. And if McCain wins, she will have no serious role in the administration. She will be completely marginalized, a la Dan Quayle. When choosing a vice president, the first consideration should be "will the person be able to step in as president at a moment's notice?" In this case, clearly not. Another way to look at it is: "Would McCain supporters elect this person president?" I don't think so. John McCain's choice is completely irresponsible in that regard and shows incredibly poor judgement.

With a direct, cynical appeal to "Hillary voters," the campaign has made a huge blunder. To treat the Hillary Clinton supporters as a monolithic group of women solely interested in electing another woman to the White House should be insulting to any thinking person. The reason Clinton supporters were so passionate about their candidate was not just because she was a woman, but because she was a woman eminently qualified to hold the highest office in the land.

August 30, 2008 at 4:39 pm |
  8. lovable liberal

Address her this way:

"Mayor Palin, I'm sorry, Gov. Palin, welcome to the big leagues."

August 30, 2008 at 4:01 pm |
  9. Christine Smith

Poor judgment or genius? Time will tell. I vote for genius. John McCain could not have made a better choice. I am not a chess player, but in the game of chess would this be check??

August 30, 2008 at 3:16 pm |
  10. Leslie, Severance, CO

I'm a registered independent female as well as a small business owner. I haven't made my choice yet, but I am getting really turned off by the Democrats' negative and misleading rhetoric lately. It's funny hearing all these Democrats attack Palin talking about how Palin supposedly isn't qualified for VP when Palin has relatively the same amount of time in a state office as Obama. So what does that say for the Obama experience issue...and he's running for PRESIDENT? LOL! At least Palin is not running for President, and better yet, Palin has had executive experience. From what I've seen, there's been more governors elected President than Senators. Democrats must think voters are stupid not to see through their distortions. It makes the Democrats look like they're getting desperate. I'm disappointed to see the Democrats going so negative after all the promises of not going negative. This kind of distorted rhetoric is the thing that turns voters away from the a party. That along with their intrusive policies that put undue burdens on the small businesses of America. Just my $0.02 worth!

August 30, 2008 at 11:48 am |
  11. john,atlanta georgia

i cannot believe that mcCain think that his pick for VP will get more women to vote for him.Women are not that stupid in the united states.
    Obama looks better and better every day.

August 30, 2008 at 5:56 am |
  12. mike lewis

I agree with redstate comment. Palin's executive experience is worth more than any legeslative experience. they are two completly different things.

August 30, 2008 at 4:35 am |
  13. Allen

Governor Palin has leadership exp that Barrack Obama does not have, it is so funny to me that Democrats are quick to say she doesnt have exp what esp does Barrack Have ANYONE?????

August 30, 2008 at 2:19 am |
  14. BrianMcM, Minneapolis, MN

I came to CNN's website to find out what the Left was saying about Palin. Predictably, most of the Lefties are crowing that McCain made a huge error. They are saying that Gov. Palin is a lightweight, nominated for her looks and because she is a woman, that she won't pull any moderate women voters because of course, they all vote as one for Pro-Choice, which is always a woman's number one election issue.

As a centrist who was looking for a reasonable option in this election, I am elated that the Lefties are so over-confident and are displaying so much hubris and arrogance. There are plenty of women in the middle, who like me, just want a good moderate option. How many women want a smaller government and a society where the private sector solves social problems and doesn't want government to control their lives?

I am sure there are many centrist women, those who were a large part of Hilary Clinton's constituency, who will find Gov. Palin very attractive as a VP candidate. And they will find that Sen. McCain is not the caricature of a Bush-clone that the Dems want to make him. With the illumination of Gov. Palin, they will see McCain as the courageous, passionate, ethical, maverick that he is. Gov. Palin was put on the ticket, not because she was a woman, but because she is a kindred spirit and represents the American ethos better than any other VP candidate.

This will be a great election season and I look forward to debating my Dem friends as they come to realize what a brilliant move by McCain, this really was today.

August 30, 2008 at 1:39 am |
  15. Amanda-Michigan

Not all that long ago, weren't we saying "who's Barak Obama"? Well I know who Sarah Palin is, thanks to Glenn Beck and I think she's a wonderful choice.

McCain shows remarkable foresight in adding Sarah Palin to the Republican ticket. Finally we'll have an administration that has demonstrated a willingness to cut government spending.

August 30, 2008 at 12:05 am |
  16. Dee

How enlightening!!! Now McCain needs to really look at that call at 2a.m. issue. Picture this, a president who is getting older by the minute with health issues, and a vice president, which will probably be exhausted nursing her sixth child, not to mention, the demands of her other 5 children that she has now. McCain will need to have continual cancer screening procedures that may require sedation, This means that the reigns of our country will be placed in Palin's hands. Don't you feel so safe and comfortable with the knowledge that she can handle a gun? Wow! What is this world coming too!!!

August 29, 2008 at 11:24 pm |
  17. Amanda Norton

And if Obama dies that would leave us with Joe Biden signing our sovereignty over to the United Nations with the Law of the Sea Treaty. No thanks guys.

I am shocked that all of you psychotic liberals have completely abandoned your sense of political correctness when it comes to age discrimination. It's as if you feel, if you wish hard enough for it, John McCain is going to drop over dead. Sorry folks, I don't think our war hero is going any where (except the White House) any time soon.

I am giddy over Sarah Palin. Her new baby has Down's Syndrome and it never crossed her mind to make her own life easier by ending his life before he ever took his first breath.

I was very leery of John McCain before this but now I am convinced that he has the judgement to lead. I can't wait to see Sarah Palin take on Nancy Pelosi over the issue of utilizing our nations wealth of resources in Palin's home state.

And as a matter of fact, Palin has more experience at leading than Obama himself. Boy, what a wise choice! I think McCain and Palin are going to finally put an end to wasteful spending. Sorry but all of you Socialists, that were hoping for more state sanctioned hand outs, are going to be very disappointed this November.

Go McCain/Palin!!!

August 29, 2008 at 11:10 pm |
  18. Annie Kate

boy! it will be interesting to see what the polls do now. Who will be ahead and by how much. I think though that right now more people are worried about Hurricane Gustav instead of the disaster McCain picked for his VP.

Annie Kate
    Birmingham AL

August 29, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  19. kiran from PA

McCain is showing that he can't make the simplest judgements. And to the people who are saying that Obama lacks experience this is ridiculous. You can't compare the state of Alaska and illinois. There are more issues in illinois than Alaska. This is not the same.
    There are urban issues to think about in illinois. Legislation that is written by Obama. Biden's violence against women act to consider too. Not to mention the fact that the bush administration is adopting Obama's foreign policy for the past 2 months and it is been successful with North Korea, iran and withdrawing troops from Iraq. Did anyone remember we are withdrawing our troops this is because Obama made this a really big deal and the world and our government listened.

You know I gotta say that this political move sounds a lot like a Dick Cheney move. Maybe cheney is trying to get Alaskan oil and he will be doing this with the help of Palin.

August 29, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  20. James Dylan

The experience debate is over? I beg to differ. Palin has spent more working days as a Governor, the one who is actually in charge, than Obama has in the Senate, one of fifty who have managed to receive a lower approval rating than Bush. Obama has spent half of his Senate time on the campaign trail while Palin has actually been working. And what has she accomplish in her time in office; vetoed the bridge to nowhere, increased state revenue by cutting wasteful spending, suspended oil tax for Alaskans, put twelve hundred dollars back in the pockets of Alaskans, gone after corruption in her own party, decreased the property tax, and so on. What has Obama done? Co-sponsored some bills which affected nobody, a self admitted failed community organizer of a portion of a city, voted present over 120 times while in the state senate and not much else. A Governor actually has to make decisions while a Senator just has to vote for bills; yes or no not present. A Governor is the one who is in charge, where the buck stops and has to live with the consequences. A Senator has the luxury of spreading failures out among the entire Congress while grasping at any perceived successes. Her so called inexpirienced is still far more experienced than Obama. And not just in public service; she was a member of a state champion basketball team. Can Obama say that? Nope. She can school him there too.

August 29, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  21. Jim, New Hampshire

What a stunning insult to the intelligence of all Americans, and particularly to women! It is truly hard to believe that a national leader of his caliber could show such poor judgment, and be willing to potentially put this nation at risk of disaster, merely for potential political gain. There is NO ONE that I know who actually believes that Sarah Palin is the right person to step up to the plate as leader of the free world should anything happen to John McCain. The current administration's lack of judgment, and its juvenile response style has embarrassed us for the last eight years. It has damaged our nation's reputation, and caused us to be the laughing stock of the world. Unfortunately, John McCain's choice of a running mate suggests that he is not concerned about repairing our negative image, and tells us a great deal about the kinds of other decisions he might make if elected. The world must be laughing at us once again. What was this good and brave man thinking when he made such an irresponsible decision? The contrast with Barack Obama's intelligence, and his thoughful choice of Joe Biden is simply profound.

August 29, 2008 at 9:45 pm |
  22. Ron , Berkeley , Ca.

The Republican party has that big Spin Machine in full gear.....
    They are simply a Pethetic bunch of crooks....
    They`ve got that bubble headed Michelle Malkin Fox Noises , Steve Dookie , and the rest of the usual suspects crowing about how viable the Gov. from Ted Stevens , Alaska is . I wonder how her ex brother-in-law , feels about it...
    the Republican party are nothing but hypocrits , Chicken Hawks , crooks ,and Scooter Libby TRAITORS.......

August 29, 2008 at 9:43 pm |
  23. George, Newark,N.J.

This selection really shows Mccain's lack of ability to make decisive decisions at crucial intervals. By selecting Palin, Mccain is first of all saying, that as a Republican, once again like BUSH that I will do what I want when I want, regardless as to what anyone thinks. Secondly as it has already been said, how can he effectively defend going after Obama on lack of experience when Palin experience is less than Obama, futhermore who is Palin?

August 29, 2008 at 8:37 pm |
  24. Uma, Liverpool, UK

Oh dear. The US voting public may be less clever than I thought.

The only reason McCain's choice of Sarah Palin is getting attention, is because he bent himself into a pretzel, to make his campaign 'historic', too. He tried too hard to not be McSame.

Instead, he picked a girl (that's meant pejoratively - I know Nice Christian Ladies don't mind being called 'girls') whose experience, education, and fitness for purpose wouldn't fill a demi-tasse spoon.

She could no more do the kind of organising, that Barack Obama did, in Chicago's South Side, after he finished law school, than she could fly to the moon under her own power.

What does she know of gang-violence? Of inner-city poverty? Of the reasons women NEED the right to reproductive self-determination? Of multiculturalism? Of diplomacy? Of Islam? Of climate-change?

The Mayor of a city like Billings, Montana, would be more qualified to be 'a heartbeat away'. Particularly considering McCain's age, and bouts with cancer... It's not a stretch, to imagine this girl suddenly as the Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces. If that doesn't scare you stupid, you're already there!

And @ Rossko, TX: too right! Nobody would have given her a second look, if she were male.

August 29, 2008 at 8:07 pm |
  25. Lisa

I want to hear from the Hilary loyal, what are you all thinking? This event was nothing compared to last night. Last night's speech was inspiring. McCain cannot inspire a worm. This pick is a major roll eyes.

August 29, 2008 at 7:54 pm |
  26. lampe

W. Fife; I don't know if you are a woman, or not. But, I am and I am also aHRC supporter. And there really is alot of us out her still, who are still pissed-off. I think this is a wonderful pick, and I will be voting for McCain\Palin in Nov. The DNC, took it upon, itself to tell women voters, that we did not matter, and our feelings,did not count, so I think it was very smart of McCain to reach acroos the aisle with open arms, to say come home to where Women are respected and cherished.

August 29, 2008 at 7:49 pm |
  27. Pat

bright and educated women? Believe me no Bright, Educated, Woman would offer herself up to be used as a Political Pawn by John McCain in the hopes of gathering some of Hillary's Supporters.

"Sarah brings the potential for change" all right just ask her Alaskan citizens what they think about her lack of concern for their Waste Lands and Environment and her eagerness to start drilling for oil!
    Yes, sir, she's certainly a chip off the old McCain and Bush Block another pawn for the Oil Magnates around the World!

Her Interest in Moral Issues – interesting statement. Given she chose to take a flight knowing she could deliver her baby anytime and ended up delivering it on the Flight and didn't even alert the Crew to the possibility. Yes, her moral character and concern for her unborn baby is certainly REMARKABLE! Yet she is against abortion!

Can anyone say – I'll do what ever it takes to get elected?

August 29, 2008 at 7:49 pm |
  28. Serena, New Orleans

I was considering voting for McCain, until he picked Sarah Palin as his VP running mate. What an astounding, ill-conceived choice!! If something happens to McCain (which is a STRONG possibility) Palin is in NO WAY qualified to be President. She has no economic, no national, no international experience. With our nation, domestically, is in such a state of disrepair and so much international work to be accomplished, her becoming President would be a disaster. Obviously, McCain continues to be too radical in his thinking and is more interested in making surprise headlines than using good judgment to protect us in the coming years.

If you look at Obama and Biden together, they obviously respect each other and are the epitome of a team. The body language displayed by McCain and Palin is frightening...it's stilted, they're uneasy with other..NOT a team. Most disturbing, is that McCain obviously plans for his VP to be ceremonial and not make any significant contributions in office. Obama seems to plan for Biden to fulfill a significant contribution and true parter – two leaders accomplishing many tasks vs McCain continuing to be a maverick and riding solo.

Today finalized my vote and it can't be for McCain.

August 29, 2008 at 7:24 pm |
  29. RM

WAKE UP: This is not a hollywood movie...Does Sen. McCain really think that (if he dies) Gov. Palin is the one to face down the likes of Putin? A command in chief does not place thier near term (Nov.) self interest ahead of the strategic needs for our nation's security. Shame on Sen. McCain...shame on the republician party for not caring for the American people....and shame on us (the American people) if Sen. Mccain and Gov. Palin get elected.

August 29, 2008 at 7:12 pm |
  30. Emma

I'm very excited about McCain's choice. I don't think Obama has any right to question Palin's experience when he barely has any himself. From what I have heard today, she has done a lot in her limited time in office. I'm interested to see how the Obama campaign will attack her experience.

August 29, 2008 at 7:08 pm |
  31. Gordon

Has the GOP come to the conclusion that we have all gone nuts. My question is wasn't this pick only to try to get the 18,000,000 votes that voted for Senetor Clinton?

And yes, they have lost my vote and support for this slimebucket move!

Thanks

August 29, 2008 at 6:59 pm |
  32. Shagata Ganai

Let's see how good she looks after a few debate rounds with Biden.
    Her "executive experience" of a sparsely populated state with no tax issues, gay rights issues, issues involving people of color, health care issues, immigration, etc may show her scope to be fairly narrow. Joe B. should leave an angry, confused female when he exits the debates.

August 29, 2008 at 6:23 pm |
  33. marie

This is a joke? Thinking wamen are stupid.

August 29, 2008 at 6:21 pm |
  34. Lucy

Grand Slam..home run...for the McCain-Palin ticket.....Loving it!!

August 29, 2008 at 5:59 pm |
  35. Betty, Virginia

I'm a Republican 50 year old woman, but I'm not going to select a ticket that has a woman with no experience (no matter how nice) just because she's a woman. Elizabeth Dole would have been a much better selection if he felt he needed a woman. Now I do find his age a factor in my decision.

August 29, 2008 at 5:56 pm |
  36. Dee

So what is McCain looking at while Palin is speaking this morning? If his eyes are where it looks as though they are, what an insult to women!

August 29, 2008 at 5:56 pm |
  37. Jack Peterson, OH

Head Fake. I can't believe he appointed this lady. Our whole shot for the 3rd Republican term is wasted. Wait 'till the story comes out how Palin unlawfully fired a subordinate because he tried to protect her ex-brother in law who tried to kill her father!!!! Her ex-brother in law actually tasered his step-son. Story on Wikipedia!!!!!!

August 29, 2008 at 5:51 pm |
  38. Neale Walsch

It feels sad to me that Sarah Palin was picked. If McCain wanted a woman, he could have found many others far more qualified - not the least of these, Condi Rice, who would have trumped BOTH the Gender Card AND the Race Card....withOUT losing the Experience Card.

What is this man thinking?

I am concerned now about his judgment. Really. This seems to me to indicate that he made a VP choice for himself - simply to help him win the election - while Obama's VP choice was for America, to ensure that we had someone in there who could do the job in a pinch if something terrible happened to our president. This choice is dangerous and dismaying.

August 29, 2008 at 5:50 pm |
  39. Neil

I think McCain has gone mad with this one. Over the last few weeks we have seen various tactics to take away the publicity from Barack Obama, but this one takes the mickey. This is good for Democrats, the more John McCain fails, the fewer steps Obama has to take into the Oval Office.

August 29, 2008 at 5:48 pm |
  40. Michelle

You guys are being spun to the nth degree by conservatives.
    She is not mainstream. She has ties to Pat Buchanan and gave
    him money in 1992 and 1996, The stunner McCain does not
    even know her and only met her once. I can not believe CNN
    is buying this. Funny in past statements she did not have kind
    things to say about HRC. Huge mistake. Not good judgement
    since he really did not seem to do his homework on this one.
    I guess Obama just won the judgement argument.

August 29, 2008 at 5:38 pm |
  41. WA

Well I hate to be a cloud that obscures the sunshine here BUT –

Bright and educated woman? What degrees does she hold? What experience can she claim? Why did McSame choose a woman over the experienced male choices he had at his disposal? (I think we all can answer that one and know there's a Hillary involved.)

I know I'll sleep better at night knowing that a call to Sarah Pallin in Alaska will bring order to a bunch of Republican over aged children in the halls of the White House!

I think the key words here is the adjective clause Over Aged Children and the subject is John McSame!

Are you people for real? Or is your love for McSame so over powering your willing to put your Nation in total Risk?

August 29, 2008 at 5:21 pm |
  42. Stephen Benjamin

Palin is the kind of Hockey Mom I would like as a neighbor, but definitely not as my President. She's been the governor of a state whose popluation is less than 10% of the size of NY City for 20 months and she could become President? I don't think so. If Obama's experience is questioned at least we can say he is a Constitutional Scholar. Perhaps Harriet Miers would be a better choice. Palin is essentially the equivalent in terms of the presidency as Miers was for the Supreme Court.

August 29, 2008 at 5:04 pm |
  43. Scott Eilers

Let me get this straight:
    In John McCain's judgement it's a wise decision to put someone a heartbeat away from the Presidency who two and a half years ago was the part time mayor of a small fishing village.

Correction: Make the that a 72 year old, 4 time cancer surviving heartbeat away from the Presidency.

Wow. This race just became about age and judgement.

August 29, 2008 at 5:04 pm |
  44. Scottie Hughes

Who better to call when you have a bunch of children running through the halls of Congress right now then a successful mother of 5! I am just sad that she is only the VP, except for these days in politics you need have the celebrity and the money status to be elected to high office. With Palin as the nominee, finally Living the American Dream is no longer just a cliche in political speeches. A candidatewho has no ties to billions of dollars of family money or their next door neighbors has actually been chosen based upon what she has accomplished!

August 29, 2008 at 4:58 pm |
  45. Momb

I'm impressed and excited again. Up to this point I knew I didn't want Obama but had a lack of enthusiasm for McCain. Sarah brings the potential for change from "business as usual" and brings the committment to moral issues that I haven't been hearing. Thank you!

August 29, 2008 at 4:52 pm |
  46. Cynthia

I would not call it a head fake at all. Some would call it trying to get elected at all cost.

August 29, 2008 at 4:52 pm |
  47. John

I never knew there was such a bright and educated women out there in politics! We had to go all the way to Alaska to find her, but we did find her. Bravo!

August 29, 2008 at 4:52 pm |
  48. W. Fife

What looks on the surface to be a good move, will in fact cost McCain the election. She will not attract Hillery's supporters. Does anyone really believe that they will vote for a lightweight like this? Someone who is rabidly anti-choice? No, in fact any Hillery supporters who were thinking of voting for McCain just got chased away. And, with this choice, McCain just threw away his "experience card." How can he possibly stand up on a debating platform and pretend that Barack Obama is not "experienced" enough to be President of the United States and, at the same time, say that his own choice for V.P. is ready to assume the office at a moment's notice. Choosing a younger woman for his V.P. candidate was very predictable, but in choosing this particular woman, he just threw the election our of the window and showed that he has in fact terrible judgement, as Obama has been saying all along.

August 29, 2008 at 4:51 pm |
  49. Rossko, Tx

Can anyone say with a straight face that Palin would have gotten picked if she were a man?

August 29, 2008 at 4:46 pm |
  50. Dennis

Gov. Palin is not running for POTUS as Obama is.

August 29, 2008 at 4:45 pm |