August 27th, 2008

Has Hillary changed any minds?

Watch Anne Price-Mill's emotional response to Sen. Hillary Clinton's speech.
Watch Anne Price-Mill's emotional response to Sen. Hillary Clinton's speech.

Editor's note: After Hillary Clinton's speech CNN Suzanne Maveaux, interviwed Democratic delegate, Anne Price-Mills, a Hillary Clinton supporter, about her emotional reaction to Clinton's speech. What was your take on Price-Mills' reaction?

COOPER: Suzanne Malveaux is down on the floor with some very strong Hillary Clinton supporters. Apparently they had tears in their eyes during some parts of the speech. Suzanne, what are you hearing from them?

MALVEAUX: Joining us here obviously very strong Clinton supporters.

Tell me, why is this so important to you? What does this moment mean to you?

PRICE-MILLS: Hillary Clinton proved to me tonight that she would have made an excellent president. She was presidential tonight. She's the evidence that women have come so far and to let gender be a hindrance, to let a phenomenal, an intelligent, a powerful, a moving, a motivating person not move us into the next generation, not move us into the future that we deserve, not move us into the green economy that we deserve, not being able to address the concerns that we deserve, and now everybody just want us to suddenly shift.

You just saw it yourselves. You saw it yourself; you know that was a presidential speech. You know it. When you guys look back at the end of this week and you start to tear apart the speeches and you will, you know that was a presidential speech.

She did everything for Obama that she was supposed to do. Now it's time for him to step up and do what he's supposed to do.

MALVEAUX: Will you vote for her when you cast your votes later in the week?

PRICE-MILLS:
I was selected to come here as a delegate for Clinton. I will vote for Clinton.

You ask me about my personal vote in November? Obama has two months. I won't vote for McCain. But he has to get me there and I haven't connected with him. Experience speaks to me. I ask everybody all the time, I said, would you take us to heal us? Would you take somebody straight out of Harvard, even if they had the education, and put them as a CEO in the company?

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/08/27/art.hillaryforprez.jpg caption="Hillary Clinton urged supporters to vote for Barack Obama in her speech last night. Some still want 'Hillary for President', like Los Angeles celebrity lawyer, Gloria Allred."]

MALVEAUX: Tell me the kind of connection you felt with Hillary Clinton.

PRICE-MILLS: I see in Hillary, I saw in Hillary what my potential future could be. I saw more than just dreams. I saw things that could be reality.

In her eyes and in her words, I could envision the reality of knowing that we can actually have green jobs instead of talks. That we could have the image that we once have of a United States that was respected and that went out and did the jobs that we're supposed to do on the global level. I saw the country that we strived to be and wanted to be and she could have made it happen.

MALVEAUX: Will you cast that vote for him in November? Will you cast your vote for Barack Obama in November or will you vote for McCain or not vote at all?

PRICE-MILLS: I will not vote for McCain. I will not vote for McCain. But for the first time since I was 18, and that's been a long time, I may be faced with something I don't want to have to deal with.

I've never not voted. I am one of the strongest Democrats I know. I call up all my family and say, Carl, you need to get out the house, I don't care how much rain is pouring down. I don't what's going on in your schedule, you need to vote.

For the first time I'm faced with not being a person who calls them and says go vote. They may have to call me and tell me and remind me of how hard and how long we strived to get to the right to vote, the right to be here.

Experience counts. I don't care what anybody told you. And his resume is just -

MALVEAUX: Okay. Anne Price-Mills, thank you so much for joining us here on CNN. I appreciate it.

Obviously a very emotional delegate who says that she doesn't even know at this point whether or not she's going to vote in November; a very difficult decision for her - Wolf, Anderson.

COOPER: Suzanne, on Thursday night after Barack Obama's speech, let's try to find that delegate and see if she has changed her mind after hearing from Barack Obama and from Joe Biden.

1. joe

Let's be honest. On paper Harry S. Truman was our least educated president within the last 100 years because he didn't attend college and although he was in the Whitehouse, when FDR died he didn't even know about the atomic bomb.

Despite Truman's lack of education and lack of experience he made one of our finest presidents because of his judgment. Notice that I didn't say that he was mistake free. No one is except God, but God hasn't run for president yet. If God did run for president CNN and Fox News probably wouldn't give God a chance against the devil.

August 27, 2008 at 4:18 pm |
  2. clarence jonesville

You all keep hollering no experience how can you judge someone if you have no experience if you do then you run for the office otherwise be quiet

August 27, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  3. judith

I was ashamed by the comments made by the clinton delegate. How can you talk about how far we have come and then turn around and be unsure if you are going to excerise your right to vote! Hillary gave an okay speech which left the door open for her in the future, she is an excellent senator, but what experience does she have at being president, Bill Clinton was president and last I checked he is not running. She is a great person whom has had an illustrious political career but ,she was unable to secure the democratic nomination as Barack Obama did through the voting process so if you are democratic and the best my won by the standards of the party what is the problem. If Michael Phelps lost a competition to a relatively unkown would you stll say he was entitled to the gold medal. Well Hillary Lost her competition and democrats have to unite behind the only democrat in the race and work together so we can acheieve change where he is weak lets make him strong.

August 27, 2008 at 4:15 pm |
  4. alex

I don't understand why anyone would vote for Hillary and then not vote for Barack. If you voted for Hillary because of her experience you should have voted for mccain. He's the most experienced of the three. Experience isn't everything. I would assume you voted for Hillary because of the issues.
    I hear people say "oh, what a great speach, that's why I'm not voting for Obama." Were you listening to anything she said?!?!!! She said vote for Obama. Voting for Hillary and john McCain in the same year is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!!!

August 27, 2008 at 3:51 pm |
  5. Ms. HM

I keep hearing people say that Obama is not experienced enough to be president. Has McCain ever been president? Not to my knowledge. Has Hillary ever been president (married to a former pres does not count)? Since none of them have ever been president, I don't understand what would make one more "experienced" than the other. In the presidential race, unless you have already served a term, I don't think "experience" counts, because you don't have any true "presidential" experience.

August 27, 2008 at 3:42 pm |
  6. Audrey

I agree with Ms. Price-Mills. She expressed a view that is shared by quite a few of Hillary's supporters. I don't think any of the speakers has addressed Obama's experience. They have outlined what Bush has done wrong and how a democratic president will correct these mistakes. They have also stressed that Obama is the candidate of change. However, noone has explained how two-three years in the Senate qualifies as experience to run this country. For people who argue that Bill Clinton was also inexperienced when he ran for president, if I'm not mistaken, he was governor of Arkansas for about 10 years. While there is no measuring stick for what is experience and what is not, I just don't think 2-3 years is enough. I believe Ms. Price-Mills said it best: "Would you take somebody straight out of Harvard, even if they had the education, and put them as a CEO in the company?"

August 27, 2008 at 3:37 pm |
  7. Seema

To people who doubt his experience, what kind of resume do you need? Hillary has worked in the public sector, but she would not be in the national scene if it wasn't for her husband, Bill Clinton. Here is Barack Obama, a black guy, who has no family member in the political field, who was not rich (until he made money from sale of his books), has been in politics for a very short period – yet here he is – defeated the party favorite! That by itself is a big accomplishment!

When Bill Gates of Microsoft left his school with out graduating, did any body think that he would be as successful as he is today? Was there nobody in history who had good visions, sound judgment, and intelligent people around him, – who succeeded? Give Obama a chance, he has a good vision, and he is a team guy, he will do the right thing by the country. Trust your children's choice, because they would choose him over any body!

August 27, 2008 at 3:28 pm |
  8. Seema

Hillary supporters, as your leader said, ask yourself a question: are you a Hillary supporter or are you a democratic party supporter? are you in this election for Hillary or are you in this election because you want what is good for the nation?

You go on about how the nomination was taken away from Hillary? Ask yourselves: by whom? – By another set of 18 million people! If Obama was to say that he will not accept the nomination – what should his supporters do? Act like you all and say we will vote for McCain or no one else at all? Have any of you ever played a sport in your life? What is the first thing you do if you lose? – you congratulate the winner! At least now, learn to be a good sport!

August 27, 2008 at 3:27 pm |
  9. Seema

Think of McCain as the president with Bush Policies.

Think of Obama as the president with Gore, Clintons, and other prominent people in his cabinet.

Is this a chance to pass? By not voting, we will be helping McCain – is this what we want? If you stay home and not vote, Hillary has done more damage to the entire election.

Again, think Gore and Kerry and then think Bush and McCain. Obama is the SAFE choice!!!!!!!!!

August 27, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  10. Val

For all of you "supposed democrats" that have decided not to vote in November because your candidate of choice was not nominated – you are a disgrace to your party and an insult to those who have gone before you who fought for the right and freedom to vote. To be a democrat, you are part of a whole organization – and it is a whole organization who is behind it's leader. The one that got most of the votes.

You might as well be a republican. For every vote not going to Obama is one going to John McCain.

You are losers!

August 27, 2008 at 3:18 pm |
  11. Marlon

Hillary lost the primary. That's it in a nutshell. Many continues to say the Obama campaign disrespected her. Who was the one to question the other's abilities to lead? Whose campaign implied that Obama's run for the White House was a fairy tell? Whose campaign developed a following of "working middle class" voters and when shown pictures of those "working middle class" you only saw the image of white women as if there are not any "working middle class" blacks. And, she could have also debunk that ad that the Republicans are running where she is shown referencing her's and Sen. McCain's abilities to lead and denouncing Sen. Obama's. Many said that her words would come back to haunt her and the democratic party and it has come true. If she had kept her campaign to the issues instead of character incrimination, that ad wouldn't be out there.

She was asking for party unification but I think her words only got to those who had already accepted the party's choice. Tonight will be "Big Bill's" time. Based on the attached article and from what I have heard, he's still upset. Realization has set in for the Clintons, they are not the Mother and Father of the party and it's a bitter pill to swallow. What he once had is gone and acceptance should have already arrived. I know that this is one African-American whose eyes were opened to the Clinton's during the primary and I see clearly what was hidden before

August 27, 2008 at 3:14 pm |
  12. Jo Ann

First let me say that Ann Price-Mills spoke eloquently and honestly last night about her feelings regarding Hillary Clinton. She brought tears to my eyes.

Judging from the look on Suzanne Malveaux’s face I don’t think that she was too pleased with what Ms. Price-Mills had to say last night, something tells me that Malveaux may have thought that she would be a "predictable" interview, but that is the beauty of live TV, you never know what you are going to get. Her most shocking admission was probably the fact that she is considering not voting at all instead of voting for Obama.

I am sure I am not the only viewer who noticed that Malveaux cut Ms. Price-Mills off when she tried to comment on Obama’s resume. I am certain that she was about to say that is was thin at best.

There are those that will dismiss her, but like it or not, the sentiments that Ms. Price-Mills expressed last night are shared by many Hillary supporters, especially after listening to Clinton’s speech, and no matter how many times the media claims that the party is uniting, it doesn’t make it true.

Hillary sounded and looked presidential last night and I think that fact struck many voters and probably some members of the media, hard. I am sure many of them are regretting their primary votes for Obama today.

It is about time we heard some honesty in this campaign!

Jo Ann
    North Royalton, Ohio

August 27, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  13. LEDIA OKC OK

I am disappointed in Anne Price-Mills she stated on national TV that she May not Vote come November? This is a Delegate for goodness sake. This election is about the people who are loosing or have lost there job's, this election is for the working single mother who does not have health care and can not pay the rent, this election is for our men and women in the military, who are not able to come home and under a republican have no Idea when they will come home. To say you may not vote is to say you don't care about all of us who are living in a broken economy, or you don't care about the family who had to loose there home because there job went over sea's, or you don't care about my daughter getting the health care she need's. This is not about you feel gender played a roll in it. for good ness sake. You are suppose to be a roll model to those first time voter's. If you really honored Sen Clinton like you say you do then you will Vote come November for Sen., and soon to be President Obama! Plain and simple.

August 27, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  14. Heather

Yes Clinton was a former First Lady.But don't think for a second she didn't sit in on meetings or that Pres Clinton didn't go to his wife as a adviser. She well aware of what was going on.Not everything as we all know,but she learned on the job for a First Lady.She knows that the world is very different since 911 and you can't invite dictators over to the White House for dinner. All I can think of is how she handled being in the international media spotlight after being the last to know about a certain affair.She is tough!She knows that we don't live in a idealistic society where we don't have to worry about terrorists.We live in a very different world and we can't take any chances.

August 27, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  15. Donald Of Orange County

I'm afro American an that response from her was so idiotic I can't understand it. How can she set there an listen to all the reason why she should vote for BO and then tell the anchor that he has no experience. 18 million cracks in the brain is what that is, and she not going to vote I wonder does all her followers have the same defect

August 27, 2008 at 3:01 pm |
  16. Marie-Ann

I think you Hillary supporters are failing to realize that although Hillary Clinton had 18million votes from the American people, Barack Obama had just as many! In addition, the Hillary Clinton supporters are failing to realize our very own former president, her husband, Bill Clinton also was faced inexperienced backlash when running for Governor. The hypocracy is alive and well, and to also accept a blind eye of the hard-core supporters Barack Obama has without the persuasion of any loosing candidate is only benefiting us! Silently taking the punches, and sheer ignorance of choosing not to vote for him or not at all only solidifies the very thing, we Barack Obama supporters have been thinking, strategizing, and hesitantly waiting on. Any entertaining thought of a Clinton 2012, 2016, whatever is no chance in hell. We will rally against a Clinton so hard, as you with us right now; there would be no need for a Democrat to ever run for President again, because we will vote for a Republican before a Clinton ever reaches that threshold again. This is due or dies an eye for an eye and right now it’s on you guys to make the first move. BRING IT ON!

August 27, 2008 at 2:59 pm |
  17. Carol Bounds

Everyone talks about experiences, what is that qualifies Senator Hillary Clinton to run this country? I personally take nothing away from her, she is a great lady. However she will, and would be in the same boat that Senator Obama would be in. There are no manuals on how to run this country, because if there was, we would not be in the predicment that we are in now. Just because Bill was President, and a good one doesn't mean that Hillary will be, or Obama. We can only hope that the people Senator Obama has as part of his administration will enhance him in becoming the Commander and Chief that we can all be proud of. People are to quick to judge, without knowing what a person is really all about. They rather read some crap, and believe it, before doing any research of their own, that is why this country is in the mess it is in now. I have been reading Scott McClellan book, What Happened, and so far of what I have read, there is so much deception going on in Washington, it a shame. and for you Anne Price-Mills, to say that you're not voting for McCain, but you are not sure you are going to vote for Obama, is a cop out. I understand you would have like to seen Hillary on the ticket for President or Vice President. So this part of the comment is for you: God is the author of this world, and he is no respector of persons. It was not in his plan, that for this time that Hillary would become President, or Vice President of this country. I know you are proud of your candidate, and so am I; but I am also proud of Senator Obama my candidate. So Anne Price-Mills, be the rare woman that your are, like Hillary, and cast your vote and support the way your candidate says she is.

Respectfully
    Carol Bound
    and, I am a Rare woman in my own rights!

August 27, 2008 at 2:58 pm |
  18. Dennis

This country has had a democratically led congress & house for the past two years, what have they done?

August 27, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  19. Mike, Syracuse NY

it seems pretty obvious that Obama supporters are holding Hillary to a much higher standard than past losing candidates. Teddy Kennedy fought Carter up to the vote on the convention floor, yet now seems lionized by his party (dispite a sordid personal past too). it seems Obama supporters want Hillary to deliver her supporters on a silver platter, yet seem totally unwilling to do anything to win them over. That goes for Obama too. It was a no brainer that Obama should have picked her as VP. The Biden pick actually caused a negative bump in the polls. I guess Hillary's supporters have to decide if they can stomach voting for someone who is inherantly unqualified, just becasue he is a fellow Democrat. The best 'man' lost.

August 27, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  20. herbert ellis

The Democrats have done what they have done for several election cycles now...nominated (soon) a highly liberal, pro-death (for the unborn) and elitest candidate selected almost solely for what special interest groups maintain strangleholds on the party policies and platform. They "believe" in the sanctimony of god or human life or health care or financial disciplne only when it can purchase more votes from their target electorate. Barack Hussein Obama has primarily been a "stealth candidate" designed to capitalize on his ethnicity over his qualifications or well thought of ideas...........little surprise then that Hillary (back to Rodham) Clinton and her feminist dominated agenda and supporters can't stomach the that his race based campaign narrowly defeated her "gender agenda" campaign.

Let's also remember that he seems to have commonly associated with and mentored with domestic terrorists (ayers) and spent most of his adult life getting religious instruction for his entire family from a minister and church dedicated to race-based hatred and a visceral loathing of America, we have all seen and heard it the ministers own voice again and again. Now Mr. Obama finds it offensive after a decade or more of close contact........his heart didn't change, but as public financing of elections/iraq war/domestic oil production and his other flip-flops that would make a gymnast proud one thing has changed--his credibility with most Americans (especially those of faith) is about gone. Little wonder the democrats lose 60% and higher of the individual states every cycle. When turned their back on god almighty they may as well count me "out" also.

August 27, 2008 at 2:42 pm |
  21. Brenda Harris

Are some of you suffering from some sort of learning disorder?
    You people keep saying Obama is inexperienced. Welllll don't you know that the EXPERIENCED ONES In the Republican Party have gotten us into the mess we are in today. GET A CLUE Bush and Mccain are through.

August 27, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  22. Mindy Chatsworth, Ca.

I must say that I was moved by the interview with that woman delegate. I can understand exactly where she is coming from and what she is feeling. Hillary did embody the dreams of so many middle aged and older women. To us, this has been a painful loss. I made my peace with it a while ago and am committed to supporting Barack Obama. I have to keep faith with the Democratic party, which has supported the middle class working people of this country from the time of FDR in the Great Depression. I will not desert my party and stay home and the very idea that any Democrat would even consider voting for McCain is abominable.

The Republicans have managed to almost single-handedly destroy this great country. We do not have the luxury of staying home and allowing them to win again. I would urge this woman to try to overcome the sadness and loss and hurt and join in this campaign to take back our country. That is what Hillary tried so valiantly to convey last night. We need universal healthcare coverage, a real energy policy that would make us less dependent on foreign countries for oil and create jobs, a responsible exit from Iraq that would save this country billions of dollars, a plan to pay down the record deficit, help for those who want to go to college, and relief for homeowners who have gone into foreclosure.

To Anne Price-Mills – I hear you and share your feelings and concerns, but this election is about more than Hillary Clinton and she said it herself. If she could find the strength and courage to give that speech, despite her own disappointment at not becoming the nominee of her party, then we owe it to her to listen and join the ranks. The Democratic party is still the last, best hope for this country. Please join us in the fight to take back our country.

August 27, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  23. Rich, Phoenix, AZ

Wow. What a bunch of fools, to either write in Hillary, refuse to vote, or vote for McCain. Did anybody actually listen to what Hillary was saying?

August 27, 2008 at 2:17 pm |
  24. Briana

I do not think she changed anyones minds in fact I think she stirred the pot even more! She basically said enough about Obama to get her by, but she pretty much laid the foundation for 2012 of what she's going to do. Personally after about 3 minutes of her speech I was ready to turn the channel out of disgust for the way she kept talking about herself. I do agree that she has done tremendous work, but it's obvious she & her hsuband are not over the fact that it's not her giving the acceptance speech on Thursday night. Obviously her speech was going to be very different from Michelle Obama's so I kept that in mind while watching it. Bill Clinton's speech tonight will be interesting & I'm sure I'm not the only person that can see right through that party uniting front that was put on last night which is unfortunate b/c they could really do some great work together.

As for that crying woman on CNN last night, shame on CNN for letting her talk that long, I think she went on for a good 5-8 minutes! I get it she's a Hillary supporter, but really is she going to move out of the country if Obama is president? For such a great news network I can't believe how long of air time they gave her, part of me thinks b/c they didn't know how to get her to stop talking/crying!

August 27, 2008 at 2:11 pm |
  25. Rosie/TX

I know who will be Mc SAME VEEP---George W. Bush. He said he wanted someone who thinks and acts as he does. Two peas in a pot, they wouldn't cook if the fire wasn't hot.

August 27, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  26. Deborah Andulini

Senator Clinton only persuaded me not to vote because I do not see Senator Obama as being sincere but only an "empty package" People, just because you vote democrat does not mean you vote for an inexperienced democrat. Stay home at your kitchen table, the one that you have, because this is not on the job training.

Peace!

August 27, 2008 at 2:05 pm |
  27. Deborah Andulini

Senator Clinton was in the White House with President Bill Clinton for 8 years. She was the closest person to the president for those 8 years. I believe them to be a typical married couple. It's none of my business why President Clinton had the fling with M. L. but maybe the sex in a married couple's life went downhill. No married life is perfect and it is none of my business. I love the Clintons and I feel this election was taken from her. Now, during that 8 years in the White house, Bill and Hillary I believed talked. President Clinton never discussed issues with M.L. but I'm sure he did with his wife. Senator Clinton has also gotten experience passing bills through legis. and is on several committees. When you think of Senator Clinton's experience, how much closer can you get to a president than to being his wife for 8 years in the wh and knowing exactly what is going through his mind. Senator Clinton is not stupid and by far means much more experienced than Senator Obama. Why do you think he chose Senator Biden to beon the ticket? Now he is going to loose the election because of his own inexperience.

Peace!

August 27, 2008 at 1:59 pm |
  28. John

Who is this crying woman that CNN keeps showing over and over? please has she not heard that you win some you lose some, now get over it!

August 27, 2008 at 1:44 pm |
  29. Deborah Andulini

I am also as sure as one thing while watching the speech of Senator Clinton last night. President Bill Clinton sure did enjoy the speech. My hat goes off to President Bill Clinton because I do remember the Clinton years very well. I also watched the look on Michelle Obama's face and I did not feel she was too impressed with Senator Clinton's speech.

I have shaken hands with the Clintons and I have volunteered for the Hillary Clinton Campaign. I was am I am still imspired by Senator Clinton because I feel she is sincere and honest. I feel the DNC selected Senator Obama and Senator Clinton was elected by the majority of votes and should be running against Senator McCain.

I will be staying home on election day and not voting and I am proud to be a Clinton Democrat.

Peace!

August 27, 2008 at 1:43 pm |
  30. Lacy

I am still waiting for someone to explain to me what Presidential experience Senator Clinton has. She is /was a lawyer so is Sen. Obama. they both worked on helping people. They both are Senators. She was the First Lady but not the President. She did elected immediately after leaving the white house where he husband was president for 8 yrs. So where is her experience. I ask

No she did not change my mind. By listening to her speech, Which was great, let me know that she is still saying, " I, Me, I". Now those words do not a team player make. She has convinced me to donate a penny toward her debt. But she could have over these past few months.

August 27, 2008 at 1:37 pm |
  31. Marlon

What experience does a person needs to have in order to be president? Being a senator does not give a person presidential experiences. Being a senator is not the prerequiste to be president. Probably the closest thing to being a president is being governor which Hillary isn't. Nor is McCain or Obama. What we need is a person would good judgement. Obama has good judgement and he will have the good judgement of having Clinton in his cabinet.

Secondly, Clinton is not on the ticket. She is not in the runnings so to write her in would be a waste of time. People who are not willing to see the overall picture are just Hillary worshippers. This election is not about one person but one cause. That cause is get the Democrats in the White House. Whether it be Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama. Hillary didn't get the numbers to grasp the nomination but another Democrat who has the same goals and value as Clinton did get the nomination. They have a common cause and that is help those people they have always been fighting for since they both became public servants.

When will you people and wake up and realize that experience isn't everything. Experience is what has gotten us in the position we're in now. What Obama is trying to get people to see is with the help of everyone things can change. Not just one person but every person.

August 27, 2008 at 1:32 pm |
  32. Deborah Andulini

Anderson:

I watched Senator Clinton"s speech many times because I actually recorded it. Yes, I did feel her to be the more experienced candidate for the office of president. At no time during her speech did Senator Clinton say that Senator Obama will make a great president and this with her I do agree. I saw her as making a very powerful and presidential speech to the American people. I, like many other supporters, will stay home on election day and I have always voted as a proud Democrat.

Peace!

August 27, 2008 at 1:29 pm |
  33. Presley

Hillary has another hat, Hostage Negotiator.
    The hostage; Her bitter supporters. I'm still hazy about what exactly the point is, so you don't get your way, so sell yourself out to make a "point"?
    Is that it? Moving on....
    I loved her speech last night, she can take it as good as she dishes it, that is undeniable. She will do whatever it takes to put Obama in the White House, trust, if she is going to take the Presidency in 2012, she'll want to do her prep work for it over the next four years.
    I don't know if Hillary changed anything, please, but Hillary makes one thing crystal clear, it's all or nothing for HER. Just wait until 2012, I pity the fools that will run against her. She will level everyone.

August 27, 2008 at 1:16 pm |
  34. Lynn

I am a Hilary supporter, as a 50 yr old woman. I have always worked
    as a Office manager for 30 years and raised two young woman in the early 20's now. Married to a very hard working construction worker for 23 yrs. I donated to Hilary's compaign. I believe Bill Clinton was the best president we have had in many years and if he could run again I would vote for him again. So of course I was thrilled that Hilary was running for President. I was disappointed when she did not get the nomination. I blame the 18-20 yrs old that Obama registered to vote.
    Not that they don't have a right or opinion. But do they know all the facts. Are they the ones paying the mortgages, gas bills, groceries bills, taxes etc? Not most of them. They are mostly college students whose parents are paying these bills each week along with their college expenses. I will vote for Obama, mainly because I am a democrat and republicans scare the hell out of me. But if he loses this race to McCain it will be because he did not choose Hilary as a Vice President. I understand why he did not choose her, but it may have been the biggest mistake he makes, then I will be really sad and disappointed because we will have deal with John McCain

August 27, 2008 at 1:15 pm |
  35. Gladys

I think although Hillary Clinton may have missed it a bit on saying how Obama is experienced enough to be president, wouldn't it be even better coming from someone who has filled the role for 2 terms – like Bill Clinton?

All is not lost.

Why not have Bill Clinton get up and validate Barack Obama and his experience as a community organizer, a sentator on the state and national level, and as the Democratic nominee in a statement and with examples?

Simple right? Hopefully, he doesn't get up and blow smoke. He has to be genuinely convining. A little raw emotion wouldn't hurt either. He 'really' gave Hillary a run for her money. He could even say we thought we had it – but Obama is the man of the hour, not only, but the man who can turn our country's situation around. This is his moment.

August 27, 2008 at 1:15 pm |
  36. Shar

All I am saying is if the Clinton supporters does not vote for Obama...come 2012 or 2016 I hope that all the Obama supporters sit my little butts at home and not vote for Hillary. Let all Clinton's supporters try to get her in the White House by themselve. Let's see if the Republicant woult take it away from her. Democrates need each other to win this and not spilt this party up.

WE NEED YOU JUST LIKE YOU WILL NEED US COME 2012.

August 27, 2008 at 1:10 pm |
  37. Alma

GIVE IT REST! You hard core democrats talk about how commtted you are to your party and what you beleive in. You now cry about its because of experience you won't vote for Obama. Guess what, look where you and the ecomony are now and you will see what experience has done for you the last eight years. Don't vote for Obama let experience WIN just remember when you make your bed don't forget to LYE in it, John MaCain may let you use one of his bedrooms he has forgotten about.

P.S. Thank you CNN for the great coverage, I am hooked.

August 27, 2008 at 12:58 pm |
  38. Sar

Hillary did deliver a presidential speech. I am a republican and I don't like any of them either republican or democrat. It's always the people with all the money that get elected to the presidency. Let's face it – who else would want the job when it pays so little. They need to have the funding and bank account behind them to play in this arena. and take this job to lead our country.

I truly believe how could or can Hillary put her heart and soul behind another candidate when she was running was running for the same elected office. It had to be very hard for Hillary last night standing there delivering her speech, when in her heart, she was saying, what went wrong, why did the glass ceiling just splinter and not break? I should be the one standing here representing the democratic party, not obama!

August 27, 2008 at 12:55 pm |
  39. Jan from Wood Dale IL

I agree with Ms. Price-Mills, not just for the reasons she gave but also because of the inconsistencies in Obama on important issues such as FISA, gun control, and others. If elected, which Obama will we get?

August 27, 2008 at 12:53 pm |
  40. JC- Los Angeles

The Democrats never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity; Hillary's impassioned, straightforward and eloquent speech last night must have the DNC wondering if they selected the wrong candidate.

As an undecided Independent, it is becoming crystal clear that the Obamas, if nothing else, are rank amateurs compared to the Clintons.

With each passing day, I'm starting to believe that Barack Obama is being marginalized; after Ted Kennedy's appearance, Hillay's speech, Bill Clinton's pending speech and with Biden's passion, Obama is up against it.

Throw in the potential for rain Thursday night and Obama may be wiped out by the weather and his inability to standout from his own party.

August 27, 2008 at 12:50 pm |
  41. sandy

What American Democrats wanted and voted for (and needed to pull together and win) has been so disrespected by Obama when he didn't pick (or even consider) Hillary for V.P. that his judgment now becomes a real issue. His failure to unify the party with the most logical and winnable ticket makes a serious question of how he would chose to resolve other volatile situations that could arise worldwide. Bringing people together and solving problems is a prerequisite skill to receive my vote for President. He lost my vote on this decision and he will have to work hard to get it back. The American Democrats, as a majority, wanted Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama. He didn't feel secure enough to share the spotlight with Hillary and we lost a great opportunity to give not only blacks but women a realization of a dream. I wish Obama had read Rick Warren's book and taken to heart the "it's not about me." It is about America, it is about us the voters, it is about possibilities not personalities.

August 27, 2008 at 12:47 pm |
  42. Lerod

No, this African American NYer would never vote for NOBAMA!

August 27, 2008 at 12:44 pm |
  43. Dennis

Wonder how the roll call will go?

August 27, 2008 at 12:37 pm |
  44. Cindy

I doubt very seriously if Hillary changed anyones mind. Everyone can see through the rhetoric.

Cindy..Ga.

August 27, 2008 at 12:33 pm |
  45. Maritza

Her die hard supporters are not drooling over Obama , their not convinced , nor are they casting their vote for an arrogant, underqulified , overrated politician. These supporters are too smart, too commited to Hillary no matter what she says, And to add insult to injury, ghey will not forget how unfairly she was treated by Obama, see Obama ,...what comes around goes around , didn't you mom teach you to respect women? especially powerful women.

Maritza

August 27, 2008 at 12:31 pm |
  46. Lisa

My memory is not what it once was. Can someone please remind me what experience Bill Clinton had that made him electable? I know he was the Governor of Arkansas, but there had to be more. Thanks.

August 27, 2008 at 12:21 pm |
  47. JT

Not me!

No experience Obama is the problem.

Running for President is not enough experience for President.
    He joined the US Senate and immediately run for President, give me a break. To me the Presidency is about himself not for the country.

Vote McCain he is safer.

August 27, 2008 at 12:21 pm |
  48. lampe

Heather: I want you to call your State DNC Party, because in your state, even if you write in Sen. Clinton's name Obama could get your vote. If you can not bring yourself to vote for McCain, it might be better, to not vote at all. Please check first. Thank You.

August 27, 2008 at 12:19 pm |
  49. Heather

I feel the exact same way she does.Experience is it.She isn't alone.Hillary's speech reinforces the fact that she is the right person for the job and not Obama.I decided that in November when I vote by absontee ballot I'm writing Hillary in the blank space. I just can't vote for someone who lack's experience and who I can't identify with.Hillary get's it .

August 27, 2008 at 12:12 pm |
  50. Vegas

Nope...

The DNC will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...

They new they made a grave mistake last night... Hillary was the ticket

August 27, 2008 at 12:09 pm |