August 26th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 8/26/08

OK folks, it's night two of the Democratic Presidential Convention in Denver... let's hear what you think!

Take a look at our evening buzz for a complete lineup of tonight's speeches... what to expect from Hillary Clinton's speech tonight... see the new ad Sen. McCain released, using Hillary's words (and her 3am ad) against Sen. Obama... all this right smack in the middle of the convention...

Be sure to check out our streaming webcam from the convention floor

We’ll start posting comments to this blog at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Mabel O. Allen

I am a former Democrat, and after viewing Hillary's speech, I still will not vote for Obama, and I believe the 3:00 a.m. text message was just another jab at Hillary. Hillary through her speech has shown that she is the bigger person between her and Barack.

August 26, 2008 at 11:10 pm |
  2. carrieinSterling, Va

Great job, great loss. I truly beleive Hillary should have been the nominee. I'm an independent who would have voted for her-but not Obama.

August 26, 2008 at 11:09 pm |
  3. Kimberly

The smug look on Michelle Obama's face along with Biden... makes me sick! As much as I love Hillary. I just can not vote for Obama! I can see right through the Obama's!

August 26, 2008 at 11:08 pm |
  4. Kenneth Higgins

She did what she have to do. She will be glad once the speech is over. She is going for a vacation. This is the last support from her. That is it. Check your precious poll numbers now lol. Nothing will change you will see.

August 26, 2008 at 11:08 pm |
  5. Alice

Hillary is brillant tonight. Her rhetorical skills are right on. She knows what to say to strike the hearts of her audience (that story of the mother with cancer and her children, the picture she painted of John McCain, how our choices impact the future, etc). How inspiring!

August 26, 2008 at 11:08 pm |
  6. Whitney (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

I'd like to hear Clinton supporters say what their decision is after that magnificent speech!

August 26, 2008 at 11:08 pm |
  7. rochester

After this Hillary speech I will not vote for Obama.
    I will stay home or vote for Mcain.

August 26, 2008 at 11:07 pm |
  8. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

I must admit Hillary has given a very good speech for the Dems convention.

August 26, 2008 at 11:07 pm |
  9. M Ross Jr

She Hillary a real trooper!!!

August 26, 2008 at 11:07 pm |
  10. Tom, Watertown NY

Hillary is hitting it home tonight.. hitting ever issue on the button and she is probably facing the most difficult task of her life.. Standing up there and giving a speech about unity .. when you know Michelle Obama can't stand you and is showing her bad side to national tv audience. She needed to practice a better poker face atleast .

August 26, 2008 at 11:06 pm |
  11. Whitney (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

This is by far the best speech Hilary has ever made. I'm inspired. Preach woman!

August 26, 2008 at 11:05 pm |
  12. Jacqueline, NY

Kudos to Hillary! She sounds choked up. She doing well.

August 26, 2008 at 11:05 pm |
  13. Sandra, Wadley Ga.

Senator Clinton speaks with compassion straight from the heart.

August 26, 2008 at 11:05 pm |
  14. Cindy

Ken in NC...No she is being forced to do something that she does not believe in. If she liked Obama and thought he was qualified for the pres job she would have never said that he wasn't experienced enough.

Cindy...Ga.

August 26, 2008 at 11:02 pm |
  15. Heather

You know Clinton is trying so hard to be polite and gracious why can't Michelle Obama just try or pretend she isn't miserable.

August 26, 2008 at 11:02 pm |
  16. Ken in NC

Mike in NY, she is doing just fine. She is being a loyal Democrat tonight.

August 26, 2008 at 11:00 pm |