August 12th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 8/12/08

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Be sure to check out Anderson and Erica on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

We’ll start posting comments to this blog at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Megan Dresslar

Mike in NY,
    I agree with you. that I am saying samething too.

August 12, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  2. Paris

Straight point is when you let Russia know that you don’t accept invading a sovereign country.
    Again Obama shows he lacks leadership ability.

August 12, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  3. Cindy

OK...has this Holly woman gotten her 15 seconds of fame or what!? Why is she continuing to be on? She knows nothing!

Cindy...Ga.

August 12, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  4. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

That babysitter is really getting her 15 minutes of fame, isn't she? She even looks a little more "made-up" tonight than the first time we saw her. I wonder when her book will be coming out...

August 12, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  5. Dee F

Is it only me or is the baby sitter getting a makeover every time she comes on air?

August 12, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  6. Caren in Los Angeles/soon-to-be Boston

Well Lynn, I hear what you're saying, but still, it was broadcast to the whole world that the little singer's buckteeth would make the country's image look bad. I mean, that's awful! Whether or not she said she feels honored enough to have been chosen to sing, tht's still incredibly awful that somone else had to replace her!

August 12, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  7. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

From what I understand, in Florida the name Zenaida Gonzalez is like John Smith anywhere else in the US.

August 12, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  8. Saera El Paso, TX

that looked like a dog, not el chubacabra

August 12, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  9. Dee F

Thnaks Anderson after Caylee's story I really needed to lol and you provided it just now, hopefully someone there can help you pronounce it :).

August 12, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  10. Roweena D'Souza, Seattle

We hope Casey is protecting her daughter, what reasons could be compelling enough for a mother to behave in such a weird manner?

August 12, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  11. Mike, Syracuse, NY

Joan, Obama can't pick Oprah. She'd be a bigger celebrity than he is.

August 12, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  12. Christine

Am I the only person in America who doesn't care about Oprah? I never, ever watch her show. I won't read a book she recommends, let alone vote for the person she backs to run the country.

I am very glad that Anderson is not letting up on the story of little Caylee. I know you don't always do missing people but this one is a little special.

August 12, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  13. Gloren (Florida)

LOL 😉 Nice try, Anderson. The chupacabra is a myth I thought was put to rest a long time ago. 😉

August 12, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  14. CAROLYN JONES

the child is dead and they know it, if she gets out of jail she will be on boat to a new life.

August 12, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  15. Heather

That song Lies Lies Lies comes to mind.For someone who lies all the time how would she know what the truth was.She reminds me of Scott Peterson.Does she realize that the policeman have families also.I think she or someone else left her car by accident and she died and she panicked.

August 12, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  16. jen rose

I see that Casey Anthony does have an attorney, but is he giving her the right advice? Casey can't seem to quit telling lies.

August 12, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  17. Mary

If she is protecting her child wouldn't she tell them what happened.

August 12, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  18. lynn

Sarah: Unfortunately our media tells that to little girls and teenagers every day!! China has done a great deal right; why do we always pick and probe to find the negative.

August 12, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  19. Megan Dresslar

Hmmm, I wonder where is Caylee to be found???? they are still looking for her….. I hope she will be found or dead……. I don't understand why she lied to police all times????

August 12, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  20. pati mc., camp hill, pa

Personally I would like to see Obama pull some VP outta the hat that no one has even considered. Someone who is qualified...period. That would be the intelligent thing to do, but will it be politically viable? That is the big question.

Those little girls in China are bith victims. The whole this is way beyond sad. A government using kids like that, if you ask me it is just wrong.

August 12, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  21. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

I'd plant a tracking device on Casey and let her go–let's see where she will head to or what her actions will be when on her own.

August 12, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  22. Heather - Spokane, WA

I hate to say this but Im thinking that the mother is doing this out of attention. It has been said that she is a habitual liar and likes to try and get attention. The girl may be with a friend in another state and Casey set all of this up to feed her attention craving.

August 12, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  23. Renee

Romney is the best choice for McCain. You get the right mix for experience and age. Where's Bill Bennett these days?

August 12, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  24. Maureen T

Sorry folks, but Casey is a compulsive liar!

August 12, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  25. Mike, Syracuse, NY

Casey needs to be charged with obstruction of justice.

August 12, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  26. Shannon

I hope Casey never sees the light of day until she tells the police the truth about her daughter. This is the strangest case I have ever heard. I really wonder if she sold the child. It is strange all around.

August 12, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  27. ericacnn

I's love a Mac, Sarah, but I doubt it 🙂

August 12, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  28. Tracey - Boston

That mother is insane...has to be or like it was referred last night: Sybil

August 12, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  29. brandi

im so worried about this little girl that is missing. i cant believe her mother will not cooperate! it is absolutely infuriating.

August 12, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  30. Cindy

Yeah Casey is hiding something alright!! Hiding that her daughter is dead at her own hand. What else could there be with her lying so much?

Cindy...Ga.

August 12, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  31. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

Regarding the two "singing" girls, we all know those with the "looks" always get farther in life. However, what a dispicable thing to teach a child–that she is second-class or not good enough.

August 12, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  32. Megan Dresslar

I think best way to pick VP for Hillary Clinton for Obama, Anderson......

August 12, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  33. Joan Miami, Fl

vp choices – Oprah for Obama, Condy for McCain – dream teams.

August 12, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  34. Maureen T

Andy, Oprah only presented Barack to people who might not have considered him for President. Barack did the rest! I don't believe Oprah endorsing Barack brought that many curious people...that's just my opinion, of course. 🙂

August 12, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  35. Sarah

It's not that the girl lip synced... It's that the actual singer was told she wasn't pretty enough to represent China.

August 12, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  36. Gloren (Florida)

Hi, Anderson, Erica and bloggers! The latest outrageous claim on the Caylee Anthony's disappearance is that is grandfather just claimed that the 3-year old was kidnapped. Okay...this is getting more bizarre by the minute... 🙁

August 12, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  37. Mary

Maybe what Casey needs is NO attention. What is her deal. If someone has her baby and she is worried about her safety wouldn't she tell someone. Like maybe the FBI. I can't figure her out.

August 12, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  38. CAROLYN JONES

that was sad all i see is a talented child, god did'nt make everyone perfect shame on china now thier like america, looks looks.

August 12, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  39. JImmy in California

I do not think Obama can choose HRC as it would send a signal of weakness to the country in that he would have given into the demands of her supporters. There is also the fact that she carries so much baggage with her also and is an established part of the Washington environment he wants to begin to change.

August 12, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  40. Shannon

Oprah rocks!!! She was right on the money with Obama!! I know she is why I looked at him in the beginning and I was then deeply impressed.

August 12, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  41. Sara

when has the vp choice ever been much more than a blip? really, who could mccain possibly choose that would give him a bounce post dnc? besides hillary that is 😉

August 12, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  42. Cindy

Anderson...I think Joe Biden would help Obama and Mitt Romney would help McCain the most.

Cindy...Ga.

August 12, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  43. Caren in Los Angeles/soon-to-be Boston

Jo Ann, my sentiments exactly. I keep thinking that, and it's scary!

August 12, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  44. lynn

I like Jack Reid..not often mentioned but he is the one who Obama chose to take to Iraq with him...or Wesley Clark because he will stand up to macacin.

August 12, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  45. Lisa

I agree, Kevin. I think Biden would be a good choice.

August 12, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  46. Heather - Spokane, WA

Oh nice, a 5-year old in training for the future young version of Milli Vanilli

August 12, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  47. James

So what if the little girl lip synced? We put on a show for the world everyday.

August 12, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  48. Megan Dresslar

I never heard that before she is fake instead real girl just sing during open ceremony......

August 12, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  49. Maureen T

And here I thought beauty was in the eye of the beholder!! Go figure!!

August 12, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  50. Tracey - Boston

Romney for McCain! They would make a great team... if iy had to be Republicans.

August 12, 2008 at 10:29 pm |