August 8th, 2008

Money + Power = Cheater?

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/08/08/t1.fidelity.jpg]Alyssa Caplan
AC360 Staffer

For many of us 360 staffers, today was supposed to be a much coveted “Summer Friday.” With no live show to produce, our usual late night schedules were replaced with the promise of champagne wishes and caviar dreams — a rare chance to get out of work while the sun still shines, meet friends on a roof deck, beat traffic out of town, or in my case, complete a blog post on which I had been working, but hadn’t had a chance to finish. Then I planned to re-unite with my all but estranged “normal working hour” friends and tend to my vitamin D deficiency.

So I settled at my desk to tackle the post I had conceived about infidelity – inspired by some comments former major league baseball player José Canseco told the TV show "Extra" several weeks ago when the whole A-Rod/Madonna situation was playing out in the media.

Little did I know how timely the topic would be, or how crazy this day would become. Instead of finishing the post, I ended up spending the next two hours booking guests like crazy as the news broke that Sen. Edwards admitted that he did indeed have an affair. So much for an early night!

But I digress… several weeks ago I barely had the volume turned up on my TV when I heard the following comment that haunted me for days, “It's hard enough to have a relationship in today's society," Canseco said. “But a guy like Alex Rodriguez - good looking, money, playing with the Yankees. It's over."

There was something about the comment that rattled me to the core, despite it hardly being a novel concept, nor being delivered by exactly the gold standard authority on relationships. I suddenly found myself wondering if we’re wired to pursue that which is most harmful for long-term stability when seeking a mate.

So I set out to conduct a highly informal and un-scientific inquiry, and pose the following question to some people who I figured would have a wide-array of takes on the topic:

“Is being attractive, wealthy, and having a high profile job a recipe for relationship infidelity? Is it possible to be attractive, wealthy, high profile AND faithful?”

You may, or may not be surprised to learn that I reached out to several publicists of high profile people, and very few got back to me. One in particular, said, “Yeah right. We’re not going to touch this.” I think that speaks for itself. Next.

So here we are. It's Friday. Scandal time. Live program. Game on. Tune in tonight as we spend the hour looking at the latest on Sen. Edwards.

Below you will hear some of the answers people sent me in regards to my fidelity question.

Dr. Gail Saltz
Psychiatrist
Author, Anatomy of a Secret Life

Is there a correlation between how desirable you are and how likely you are to cheat? Do handsome, rich, powerful, successful men end up straying from their partner because they are presented with a bevy of women who are after all those attributes? I don’t think that anyone has done the research, but there are a number of issues which make such a possibility potentially true. Attractiveness is often interpreted by a member of the opposite sex as a reflection of good genetic material and good health. Men with higher levels of testosterone tend to display certain facial features, such as a very square jaw, and women will seek out high testosterone males because they are strong, can protect and have good genes. Women may look for softer facial features when it comes to choosing a husband but for the affair, particularly data shows at midcycle time when they are ovulating, they will pick a very handsome strong featured man. From an evolutionary perspective the goal is primarily to get strong male genes to mix with your female genes and your own genetic material is more likely to survive.

Similarly women are often drawn to men with power and wealth. They are both representations of their success and again reflect genetic material that bodes well for the woman’s offspring. Aside from an evolutionary view, women certainly like the idea of financial security and the excitement of power and prestige. They want to be associated with it. Sleeping with that man gives many women a sense of owning a piece of him and thereby getting to have some of that status and power themselves. Even being with a high powered man can allow a woman to identify with him and his lifestyle and she can vicariously enjoy having those attributes.

So, if more women are gravitating to the good looking, wealthy successful guy…you have to think that either he has more willpower than the guy who gets hit on less, or he succumbs more often. Here….we would need some data to really predict what happens. But for celebrities there is one more factor that may tip the scales. Celebs tend to be surrounded by an entourage that provides constant “yes, you are terrific and can have anything you want” feedback. Those close to the celeb tend to yes them to death because they want to hold onto their own proximity and good will. They too want to be rich, important and successful by association. So sadly for a celebrity they may start to believe that they really are entitled to have whatever they want and that the rules do not apply to them. This may contribute to the seemingly large number of affairs and marriage break ups in the celebrity community. Sometimes they get what they seem to want up front and it ends up being very self destructive in the end.

Doug Christie
Fmr. NBA Player

Jackie Christie
Wife of Doug Christie/Entrepreneur

Doug Christie: “Having been in the NBA for over a decade, with much success, I personally never found it difficult to be faithful to my wife. I don’t agree that having a high profile job provides an excuse for infidelity. In the sports world, you have to make sure that you’re conveying to others that you’re off the market – period. Yes, people will continue to make advances but the onus is on the athlete to remove themselves from any conversation or situation that does not respect their marriage, family or relationship.”

Jackie Christie: “It is absolutely possible to have a monogamous relationship with a professional athlete; my marriage to Doug is a testament to that. Although I am the wife of a professional athlete, I’ve never viewed our marriage on those terms. Our love and commitment to one another is more important than the money and notoriety that comes with his profession or NBA contract.”

Doug & Jackie Christie: “It is really disappointing that infidelity among entertainers and athletes today is widely accepted and forgiven. Divorce among couples–both in private and public spheres–is considered the norm. It is imperative that we ask ourselves what message this sends to today’s youth, the next generation. We’ve been happily married now for over ten years and have been ridiculed and mocked all for having a solid marriage! Hopefully, society will shift its views, focus and begin to value the benefit of committed relationships.”

Filed under: AC360° Staff • Behind The Scenes • John Edwards • Raw Politics
  1. Esteban, Daly City, CA

Obama will be next. Power hungry politician will cave in to special interest and temptation.

Can it be prevented.

August 11, 2008 at 2:12 am |
  2. lampe

This is about John Edwards, this is not about something that John McCain, did over 20 years ago. Do you know that The National Enquirer also has a story it's working on about Obama, having a Love Child? Maybe that's why Edwards supported Obama, that have a child, that they can compare notes on. Two-peas-in-a-pod, I'd say. Wouldn't it be great if we could get two birds with one stone?

August 10, 2008 at 8:45 pm |
  3. DianneB TN

McCain had several affairs when he was married to his first wife and no one has found out about any he has had with his cindy . But no one has looked into searching for any either. He may have not got caught. He had a little dust up with a reporter but no one could prove. Where there is smoke there is fire.He did find a wealthy heiress to marry but it does not seem to be a factor that they have separated lives. She lived in AZ and he lived in Washington. Makes a good marriage. She has all the money and fly him around in her jet. So Edwards had affair but he and Elizabeth seems to still love each and may go on to have a good life to together, I hope so.

August 10, 2008 at 6:37 pm |
  4. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Let's talk about John McCain and you'll see who really has better character and values. Edwards hasn't let his ailing wife, McCain left his ailing wife for Cindy. FACT.

August 10, 2008 at 12:15 pm |
  5. Surafel Melaku

here is the real math!

Edward (money-power)2 – Edward (ego) + conceded = Edward ± loser/failure

August 10, 2008 at 3:04 am |
  6. kiley

go under my arm so we can make a bridge XD

August 10, 2008 at 1:41 am |
  7. seah

Obama has been made famous, his goal is money and power.

He may be faithful to his wife, but he is not faithful to the people of this country he says he wants to be head of and run.

Lying is Lying and people want to give Obama a free ride on it and ignore it. When in fact he should be held more accountable for the position he is in and the position he may get.

Obama has Shown Major Character flaws, Major flaws in judgment, by lying Straight face and boldly to the you and me, with out remorse and care. Then come back to do it again.

Does he really have peoples minds conditioned to believe that he is above others, be treated better than others, and not be held accountable for anything he does.

That is why society is going to heII in a hand basket. Why no one has morals anymore.

August 10, 2008 at 1:17 am |
  8. Pat

From where I'm sitting this is not about cheating and adultery. It is about Blatantly LIEING for two years over and over again! It is about dishonesty, character and values! John Edwards' Campaign theme was on all of the aforesaid mentioned and in addition his loving family and beautiful, supportive wife! If he is not the best example of a Camelion I haven't met one! I dont' know about you but I take offense to a Politician trying to pull the wool over my eyes to get a vote! And especially one that pulls wool to this extreme! He has given a whole knew meaning to who can we trust when it comes to Politicians. He has betrayed not only his family but all Americans by selling himself as a noble, compassionate, honest Christian dedicated to restoring America and assisting the less fortunate! His little escapade could have ensured another Republican White House had his wool pulling actually worked! and gotten him the Nomination! There are only twp words I can now think of to describe John Edwards, Liar and Nauseating.

August 10, 2008 at 1:10 am |
  9. William Courtland

The ability of being aware of what third parties can assist infidelity increases the chances for such adulteries to be fended or fenced off.

The fact that being successful increases a male's strength of attraction, while beauty usually assists a female's.

The male is regularily opportunistic when it comes to engaging in intercourse, while a female will socially engineer such encounters to the point of creating hostile situtations and many motivation exist to engage in such indecent acitivites for both sexs and all genders. The use of hypnosis and how it relates to sexual acts increases the likelihood of sensual and genetic infidelity in those of higher genius.

The need to have knowledge of ones own relation is required to avoid imbreeding, the fact that siblings often have a secondary mental connection that can be confused for the notions of true love in those who have not yet experienced such feelings must be avoided; wedlock inspires the defense of such inbreding and the annals record such data for the improvements made by government license.

Those who remain faithful to the idea of virtue and chastity before marriage, and the ideals of the preservation of love and life by only losing ones virginity after marriage for the purposes of creating offspring; those who remain virgin will have an easier time remaining faithful once wed, but again forces of inhumanity exist to defeat the true love of others due to third party hatreds and jealosies.

August 9, 2008 at 6:04 pm |
  10. Rose from Southern Calif

Lets look at some rumors and facts about some republicans affairs. Let start with Newt Gingrich in 1981 going to his sick wife's hospital room asking for the terms of their divorce agreement while she is sick from Uterine Cancer Surgery. Newt had serveral affairs he even had an affair with a 33 years old congressional aide while spreadheading the impeachment prosceedings against President Clinton. Now Senator McCain he didn't even want to comment about the John Edward affair why you asked? McCain was still married and living with his first wife in 1979 while according to the New York Times Nicholas Kistof aggressively courting a 25 years old beautivul as she was rich Cindy who family own a beer corp. McCain divorced his first wife who had raised their children while he was imprisoned in Vietnam. Then launched hsi political career withk his new wife's family money...what a kick in the head. So for those who want to throw the first stone on John Edwards I hope you are with out sin!

August 9, 2008 at 5:09 pm |
  11. Cyndi

I am soooo tired of hearing about John Edwards' infidelity. I could care less. That is between he and his wife – not my problem, nor is it the rest of the world's problem, and it's certainly not for me to judge him. It doesn't change the fact that he is highly capable of running this country – as President or VP. And why does this story break now? The event happened in 2006. He was running for President in 2007 and never was there any mention of his infidelity. Why can't we stick to the important issues – inflaction, the economy, jobs, the housing market, this stupid war we never should have waged, how I'm going to pay for my daughter's college education, etc. That's what I care about. I don't really care who is sleeping with who. He and his wife are still together and happy. They are very much in love and if Elizabeth is ok with her husband's infidelity, and has chosen to forgive him, then the rest of the world should just mind there own business. This is not newsworthy. It's a waste of air time.

August 9, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  12. KJ

Power, money and fame is what makes some individuals attractive. Just look in society to see the rich older man dating (or married to) a young beautiful woman. People in places of power (which usually involves money) is the drawl. Thats whay we have so many sec. having affairs with their bosses. Its a way into that powerful circle....no matter the position.

August 9, 2008 at 9:53 am |
  13. Dan Thomas

I thought it extremely hypocritical of Paul Bagala to state that "at least John Edwards didn't forge a letter to support the Iraq War". CNN would not investigate John Edwards but Paul Bagala makes this statement like it is fact when the White House has denied it. He makes this statement based on an excerpt from a book but calls the Enquirer "unreliable". Get over it Paul! You can't blame this one on Bush.
    Dan Thomas

August 9, 2008 at 7:45 am |
  14. Tirby

I am really sadden by John Edwards affair. I really sadden for his wife and children. But my real concern is how this is going to effect the democratic part? Mr. Edwards and others made me really believe in family and family values then he do this!!! I really don't know who to vote for or to even vote at all. If all else fail I guess I'll vote for Paris because we as Americans will know what we're going that way!!!

August 9, 2008 at 4:38 am |
  15. Quin Dwyer

Those who are quick to condemn John Edwards' horrid, inexcusable behavior: are you giving a free pass to John McCain?

John McCain cheated on his wife Carol for nearly a year while she suffered from serious medical issues, recovering from a car crash. His divorce filings give specific dates that verify this.

Is there a reason it is so quick to condemn one cheating jerk and not the other? Why can't we condemn each of them?

And for those who buy the John McCain moral rectitude self-portrayal, are you saying it's ok for a man to cheat on his crippled, trusting wife, mother of his three children? You buy into him now saying he represents family values?

August 9, 2008 at 1:42 am |
  16. EJ (USA)

Do you remember how much TIME was spent on the Lewinsky scandal alone? My goodness – Clinton was impeached. Plus Bill cheating was not really a surprise to the majority of people. He could cheat tomorrow and no one would be surprised (not even Hillary). Bill also never claimed the moral high ground as far as women & relationships go.

Edwards – totally different story.

I still like Edwards and I know he cares deeply about certain causes, but some of you sound ridiculous trying to argue that this shouldn't be covered. This story is not even close to being over.

A man who ran for President on a devoted-family-man-squeaky-clean image having an affair & possibly fathering a child (this year!) with some woman he met in a bar.......... while that woman (and a man, Andrew Young, that is likely being paid to SAY he's the father) live in multimillion dollar mansions their incomes do not support. Imagine what would've happened if he had been the nominee!

Are you saying that should not be a story? That is THE story.

Also – don't forget – Elizabeth has terminal cancer! And maybe knowledge of his affair helped cause a recurrence of her cancer. BIG STORY INDEED!

August 9, 2008 at 1:30 am |
  17. James Dylan

Edwards affair doesn't surprise me in the least. Monogamy is nothing but a modern Ideal or principle. It speaks nothing of the animal homo sapien. And oh so much do people hate to be reminded they are only hairless apes. Those ideals and principles are self made nooses to hang ourselves should our masks be perceived to often. Mankind has created this God like perception out of poor reason, to separate itself from the rest of the "filthy" animals. How can it not be obvious to all that human beings are not, and have never been, a monogamous species? We do not mate for life like a blue jay or wolf. Religion, Christianity particularly, has played a cruel joke on us for a long time now. As has the invention of the word love. It has truly grown to close with the words lust, sex or procreation. In our minds, hearts, spirits or souls we all know this to be true. We just don't like the lie or being lied to; that is the offense we feel. What if we found Edwards wife actually promoted it? Well, then we would feel offense because they don't believe in the same lie we do. These words narcissist, egocentric, antisocial are meant to show reality. And again people do not like reality. We prefer the lie and then hate that we do.

August 9, 2008 at 1:06 am |
  18. K. Wilson

The average American has become desensitized to the arrogant, sleezy persons who swarm like vultures at the government trough today, they're crawling out of the woodwork about once a month now, but there is one factor that the women of this country will unabashedly hang John Edwards for. When your life partner is coping with a terminal illness you do NOT inflict the ultimate humiliation that John Edwards has inflicted on Elizabeth and his children who will live with this the rest of their lives.. You guys don't realize it yet, but it's what did in Rudy and Newt both – we may look like we forgive and forget, but we don't. John may just as well slit his own throat tonight. Maybe it's time that the men of this country face up to the fact that about half of this country is female. You male talking heads have been sitting there for hours now blathering on wondering if this will affect his "career"....why not instead ask yourselves how this will affect the lives of his heroic wife, his innocent children, and all of the democrats who had put their trust in him.
    And when you've pondered that for a while, then follow the money – who's paying for those mansions, whose paying the monthly expenses of the two whores (yes, Reall and Young) who are living off those funds. And if those funds are coming from taxpayers like myself who donated to a person we thought had integrity, put all three of them in prison where they belong and take away every asset they have to repay it. If that money came from anywhere other than John Edwards personal bank account and he had to repay it, I'm sure the American people would endorse a bill to care for Elizabeth and their children. If there was ever a situation that cries out for a halt to the despicable character of our politicians, John Edwards just created it. (and please note that it has nothing to do with being attractive, it has to do with power....do not try to tell any woman in America that Rudy, Newt, Craig or Spitzer are attractive!!!

August 9, 2008 at 12:40 am |
  19. J.V.hodgson

Dear Sirs,
    Reality check. These matters are now fact apart from the question of paternity of the child as he and his wife & publicist (Ugh) say it is true.
    Then it divides into two:-
    His public life and future. The voters can decide whether he should be punished or not and will do so, based on previously available and currently available facts.On that basis he has little or no future, but in America as other contributors note so many very famous and well respected politicians continue to survive...Wonder why??
    Private life.Is, was, and should remain off the scope/review of anyone especially the media so that the family can patch things up if they so choose or divorce if they so choose. Nothing to do with anyone other than the family and very close friends only.
    The pundits, best political teams can give thier personal opinion on the "political fallout". The reality check is he is one person in a huge number of democrats with one vote, and Mr Obama nice words or not cannot now choose him as VP ( never thought he would).
    My point is that being caught in this kind of deceit before achieving office is one thing, and being caught a la Clinton JFK, is different. Being caught beforehand means you cannot be trusted, especially when your previous efforts already failed as well.
    For the democrats it is a storm in a teacup as is the Alaska republican senators issue in the overall Republican or democratic parties contexts.
    Let he or she that is without sin be the first to cast a stone!
    Regards,
    Hodgson.

August 9, 2008 at 12:37 am |
  20. laurey adams

It's ironic that John and Elizabeth Edwards will now not speak, but will not attend the Democratic Convention, at the same time Sen. Obama has to try to accommodate the "needs" of Hillary and the cheating ex-president, Bill Clinton. If fidelity is a hallmark for being a part of the convention then why are people like Bill Clinton ( a SERIAL philanderer) and his "accommodating" wife Hillary Clinton going to be key speakers? It's not only ironic, it's hipocritical.

August 8, 2008 at 11:53 pm |
  21. Shawn

What I would like to know is WHO GIVES A DANG! Russia is currently at war with Georgia, the USA can't stay out of anything and all I can get on any news channel is the crap about another sorry butt fool Democrat cheating on his wife. Is that more important than a war that somehow we will be involved with sooner or later? No one cared when Clinton had his fling in the WHITE HOUSE why do we care about what Edwards is doing???? Give us news that matters please. I can read this other crap in the Enquirer.

August 8, 2008 at 11:44 pm |
  22. bk

When are we ever going to mind our own business? A persons personal life is just what it says. PERSONAL! If everyone in this country was investigated for affairs there would a whole lot of divorces. But those are the people that criticize everyone else, with their holier than thou attitude. Get a life!

August 8, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  23. Larry

Wonder what those $400 haircuts included?

August 8, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  24. Annie Kate

That combination can equal cheater but doesn't always. And you don't have to have either of those to be a cheater – lots of people, female and male, cheat on their spouse everyday. Its just when you have the visibility Edwards has more people hear about it.

Annie Kate
    Birmingham AL

August 8, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  25. Jo Anne Cummings

John Edwards=sleazy trial lawyer, terminally ill wife be dammed.

August 8, 2008 at 9:53 pm |
  26. Joyce

Oh my, such interesting news on the John Edwards extramarital
    affair! Have we so quickly forgotten Bill Clinton? I kind of smile when
    the question of the day is, "Is Edwards political career over?"
    Didn't seem to affect Bill Clinton much at all and one of his affairs
    was when he was our President.

I'm certainly not condoning Edwards' affair, but the coverage is much bigger than it should be. In fact, after about 3 hours of this, I'm shutting off the TV.

August 8, 2008 at 9:42 pm |
  27. Larry

While we're bashing McCain; let's look at some more noteworthy political nobs eg: JFK, RFK, Ted Kennedy ( is it something in the Kennedy jeans, oops genes?) Jesse Jackson, Bill Clinton. Should we go further back to FDR?

August 8, 2008 at 9:11 pm |
  28. Presley Grace, Walled Lake, Michigan

bwahahahaha, you asked publicists!?

I will not dismiss that perhaps it is possible, the whole of it in my eyes, if and when fame enter the equation, "objects may appear more appealing", it's illusion, smoke and mirrors these same publicists use to veil a lifestyle where the moral standards and rules are not the same.
    It is an arena of sorts where conquest becomes the order. These people can have anything and usually devour it.

Again, I wouldn't count it out but if you aspire to any and all of it, be warned, there are more idle hands in that pot and an improvised truth today becomes denial tomorrow and the casualties never go away quietly.

August 8, 2008 at 9:01 pm |
  29. Jo Ann

I hate to say it, but I think it is very difficult, if not impossible, for a high profile, good looking, wealthy person to have a monogamous relationship because they are, more than not, narcissistic and egocentric like John Edwards. They are takers, not givers and they tend to choose people with the same faults. All you have to do is look at Hollywood. No matter how perfect these couples are they seem to end up straying from one another because they cannot both be the center of attention. Some people might be willing to play second fiddle to someone else, but that rarely happens.

No matter how hard someone tries, that extreme level of admiration diminishes sooner or later and then people start to stray to find that “new” person who is willing to feed their ego.

Of course there is always hope. Most of the time the success or failure of the relationship lies in the hands of the high profile person, if that person is not narcissistic and needy and seeks out someone who has confidence and self respect and can stand on their own it might be possible, although this doesn't seem to have helped Elizabeth Edwards. On the other hand there may be rare occasions where the high profile person is taken advantage of.

Unfortunately wealth = power and power is the ultimate aphrodisiac. I am sure there are many in the news media that could attest to this.

Jo Ann
    North Royalton, Ohio

August 8, 2008 at 8:57 pm |
  30. Paula from Georgia

No, It doesn't matter when a man or woman cheats on their spouse. In some cases its just sex. Nothing more and no less than a one night stand. Having money and power, only means one thing to a woman or man. The act itself means more of a game. We all have at least one person in the family that has fooled around. It still up to the people married to dish out punishment-DIVORCE–or stay together because they still somewhere deep down still love one another. Not us because you get right to it .It's none of our business.

August 8, 2008 at 8:56 pm |
  31. MONCH

As thousands of people deal with the disappointment of John Edward's affair, political pundits are contemplating if Edward's political career is over. At least it seems that he has no chance at becoming the next president of the U.S. However, the same type of ridicule is not applied to John McCain.

John McCain had multiple extramarital affairs on his ex-wife, Carol Shepperd, One such affair was with his current wife, Cindy McCain. At the time McCain was pursuing Cindy, his wife, Carol, was suffering from multiple injuries stemming from a car accident. How come McCain's despicable actions aren't being discussed by these pundits?

August 8, 2008 at 8:26 pm |
  32. Lilibeth

Thanks, Alyssa, for an interesting post. I’m sorry you didn’t get Friday off. Maybe next time.

I’m saddened by the news on Mr. Edwards. However, we are human and we all make mistakes. It happens to the best of us. The important thing is that he did what he had to do, which was to apologize. He owned up to what he did. I pray that he, his family, and our country can get past this and move on.

That said, I believe you can be wealthy, happy, successful, and still have a monogamous relationship. It takes two to tango, but I agree that the onus is on the more successful partner. There are so many temptations out there, but you have to ask yourself if it is worth it to have an extramarital affair. You have to think of your reputation, your career, and relationships with family and friends. If you value these things so much, then don’t have the affair. And if you’re still struggling with the idea, talk to a friend about it, or seek counseling. Sometimes it helps to sort things out when you talk about it.

Thanks and have a good weekend, Alyssa.

Lilibeth
    Edmonds, Washington

August 8, 2008 at 8:01 pm |
  33. Al

RE: John Edwards and current Presidential Campaign

While you’re doing your reporting on John Edwards and his admission that he had an affair and his acknowledgment of his own Narcissism: Keep in mind that most politicians are Narcissists and Anti-Social Personalities. Those who are not have features of both, which is significantly different than having one or both of those Personality Disorders. Many journalists have asked the question “what motivated him to do this and believe that he could keep it quiet?” He answered that when he said he was Narcissistic and became increasingly egocentric! Narcissism is ego run amuck, if you will. These features and Disorders are characterized by Poor Impulse Control.

The confidence that the media says voters and they (Media) want to see a candidate show are likely some of the “over-controlled” features of Narcissism and Anti-Social Personalities presenting itself. Keep in mind that your profession is full of people with the same features and Disorders, they’re on TV everyday and night. If you’re going to use this (Edwards statements/disclosure) in your judgment and “analysis” of the current candidates for President, be fair and include that John McCain has Severe, Chronic, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder co-occurring with Narcissistic and Anti-Social features or Disorders. As your consultants will no doubt tell you, frequent Mood changes and rapid escalation from anger to Rage and Poor Impulse Control are some indicators of the above Disorders. Making John McCain very dangerous and even more so if he has the power of the presidency!! By the way; why is it that no one discusses McCain’s PTSD? I’m sure you’ll try to link this to Barack Obama and not to discuss reports of John McCain's reported affair.

There are glaring examples of Narcissistic and Anti-Social Personality Disorders; the President, Vice President and many in the administration. You know, the people the “News Media” were and are afraid to investigate and report honestly on. The President and Administration that sent us to Iraq, is responsible for killing thousands for power and money, violated the civil rights of our citizens and others, and continues to commit crimes, if not Treason!

And by the way, human beings do things like have affairs, make mistakes and do many things that are considered wrong or foolish. Anyone in your office have these features, become enraged beyond what one would expect of the average person or appear to act as if they have no regard for others and/or omnipotent?
    Oh, don’t forget about the “Political Pundents/Pundgents” your network has on its “shows” as analysts and/or experts!

August 8, 2008 at 7:48 pm |