August 7th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 8/7/08

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Be sure to check out Anderson on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

We’ll start posting comments to this blog at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Kathy

I don't think Casey Anthony is much of a mother if you ask me..certainly not in any definition of mother that I know of.

August 7, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  2. Cindy

OK...why are they still searching the grandmothers house when Casey and Caylee weren't there for a month or more? Wouldn't all the evidence be gone or contaminated?

Cindy..Ga.

August 7, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  3. Melinda

Hi Anderson,

I am thinking she may just be a bad, crazy, too young mom at this point. I hope she didn't do anything horrible.

August 7, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  4. Helen

Hey Anderson, I am a first time Blogger!! Love watching Anderson Cooper 360!!! You are a great reporter!!

August 7, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  5. Will in California

Hi Anderson and AC360.

The bail bondsman who made terrorist threats recently, might have been justified in having a gun, some knives, and a bulletproof vest, if he is also a bounty hunter as well; however, those threats are very serious and uncalled for.

August 7, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  6. Jolene

AC: Is that search warrant online to read? I still can't believe all this information is getting released but not the DNA results.

August 7, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  7. Caren in Los Angeles/soon-to-be Boston

Thank you Randi! You are the first to report on Caylee's father so far that I've heard. It's been baffling me!

August 7, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  8. judy

You're right Anderson. As a prosecutor, sometimes a bunch of lies become as convincing as a confession. But, of course, we need to find her body. And it seems she is no longer with us. The smell of a body is pretty unmistakeable. That's what the grandma initially told police.

August 7, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  9. Theresa

Terrified or not, most mothers would be more worried about the life and safety of their child rather than themself. She's a horrible woman. I cannot believe how cold she is and seemingly uncaring she sounds in the recorded phone calls they've played on TV.

Does she ever ask if anyone has made progress or who's out there looking? She knows where Caylee is.

August 7, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  10. Mike in Cali

Good luck Randi Kaye, if you can figure it out I think you should get
    an anchor job. Saddest thing is another innocent girl child is probably dead.

August 7, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  11. Gary

I like Senator McCain's energy plan. He puts forward a plan that is multi-faceted using all of our resources. Senator Obama seems to want to tax everyone and call that his plan. It makes no sense.

August 7, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  12. Mary

About Caylee, does her mother have a history of mental illness, is there a chance that she may be in some money trouble? I would have thought we would of heard is she had a history of odd behavior. I can't even imagine what is going on in her head. Poor child

August 7, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  13. Cindy

So Obama voted the same as Bush huh? Who is for change?

Cindy...Ga.

August 7, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  14. Joe

Yes three years ago McCain might not have been against Bush, but now you cant tell where Bush ends and McCain begins. He's not a flip flopper. He is now just a follower. Isnt the president suppost to be a leader?

August 7, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  15. randicnn

thanks for all your thoughts/comments on Caylee Anthony's case everyone. From what i know, the little girl's dad was never on her birth certificate. She never knew him. And by the time she was born he had already started a new family. He reportedly died earlier this year so he couldn't be involved in this. But as many of you said, the whole story is confusing.. The possible seizure angle is interesting.. maybe she done'st remember what happened? or maybe she does and she's protecting someone? or she's terrified of someone.. I'm hoping to get down there in the next few days and get a better of idea of what's really going on..

August 7, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  16. andersoncnn

Reading the search warrent in the Caylee Anthony case is eye opening. Casey Anthony allegedly told one lie after another to police, and its frustrating reading because there is no explanation from her in it about the inconsistencies.

August 7, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  17. judy

When a parent provides inconsistent stories about what happened to a child (and in this case they're wildly inconsistent), police, prosecutors, and physicians become highly suspicious. The truth is so much easier to remember..... and it doesn't change.

August 7, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  18. Frank El Dorado Hills, CA

Obama voted for the 'Energy Bill' to support the ethanol industry which has turned out to be a 'green' idea that has gone bad.

August 7, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  19. edward grimmer

those cops were trigger happy and wounted to shoot someone and they did the dogs

August 7, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  20. Linda

John McCain voted for this war which is the biggest spending machine in our country. Give me a break McCain! You are a biggest spender wanting to continue this war.

August 7, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  21. Mike, Syracuse, NY

Looks like Obama wants the Bush energy plan, not McCain.

August 7, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  22. Kathy

Senator McCain did not vote to give oil companies government money but Senator Obama did so. The fact that Obama voted is in itself a miracle. His Illinois record shows he voted present on many issues.

August 7, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  23. andersoncnn

Wow, Njabulo, thanks for joining us all the way from Zimbabwe

August 7, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  24. janet

Randi~
    Are they ever going to release the DNA results from the trunk of the car? Also, the divers are going to be checking out the lakes and ponds around the house tomorrow. Will CNN be covering that? She's such a cutie, I hope she's still alive. Maybe her mom sold her to someone. That would be terrible, but at least she'd be alive.

August 7, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  25. Theresa

I would put nothing past The Clinton's. Just when I start thinking that she may be the best VP candidate for the ticket, she shows her true colors again. She is a liar, plain and simple.

What happened to unity?

@ Randi – That Casey needs to be locked up for the rest of her life. I cannot imagine a mother not doing everything in her power to find her missing baby. If Caylee is found alive, her mother does not deserve to raise her.

August 7, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  26. Joe

There is no energy debate. McCain's idea is to give an addict the rest of the stash. thats a fix Americans deserve a solution not a quick fix. i hope eveyone sees this before its to late.

August 7, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  27. andersoncnn

welcome to the blog everyone

August 7, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  28. Melinda

Hi Randi-
    This story is so disturbing. No news is not good news at this point. I am keeping that baby in my thoughts and prayers, as I am sure many of us are. I would be flipping out if my child was missing, even for a few minutes.

August 7, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  29. EJ (USA)

Perhaps Casey is a narcissist and is thriving off of the attention – although negative.

August 7, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  30. Jolene

I'd be outraged if the police killed my dogs for no reason.

August 7, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  31. Janna

Nice to hear from you, Randi Kaye, as always...
    Personally, I think it's a waste for us to speculate on the case as long as the DNA from the trunk has not been released. I'm hoping it isn't Caylee's & that she IS safe somewhere... Dissecting every phone call/lie doesn't help anyone. It's just distracting and possibly slander. Leave it to the pros...

August 7, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  32. Njabulo Mpabanga ZIMBABWE

Hey Randi
    Will be tuned into the develpoments on Caylee. I have been following it althought hte time diffrence hurts me at times:-)
    Ithink alot of infromation is being witheld and to quote AC "THE CASE SEEMS TO GET STRANGER AND STRANGER BY THE DAY"

August 7, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  33. randy

if the clintons are not treated with respect by the democratic convention, this loyal democrat that always votes and always votes democratic, will sit on his hands come election say

August 7, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  34. Miriam, San Francisco

Anderson/Randi,

I read the entire arrest report for Casey Anthony. In it, there is a mention of the the defendant ( ie Casey Anthony) being brought to the hospital by a friend Jessie Grund for a seizure. Is it possible that this girl has something really wrong with her to explain all the lies she has told and her apparent lack of emotion relative to her missing daughter ?

miriam

August 7, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  35. Kalayna

I hope too that security can keep both canidates safe, but you have to wonder. It is a scarey world out there.

August 7, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  36. Tiffany in Ottawa

The Caylee story is so confusing. I just don't understand (as a mother of a 3 year old myself) how she could not want to talk. Lets just say she isn't talking to protect her child as she claims.....personally if someone took my daughter and said "don't talk to the police or else" I would still go to the police and tell them about the threat. I'm positive the police would not publicize the child's dissapearance if they thought it could jeapordize them. She seems to be guilty of something to me......

August 7, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  37. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Hi Randi,
    The bottom line is a little girl is missing or dead. A terrible nightmare either way.

August 7, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  38. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

No matter what Bill and Hillary say at the convention I will not believe that they are sincere. They will never forgive the DNC for the way it treated Hillary.

August 7, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  39. Gloren (Florida)

Hi, Randi! The news in FL have reported that the mother's testimony continues to be an irritable, unbelievable chain of lies. It just keeps getting more bizarre by the minute.

August 7, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  40. Jolene

The Caylee case just keeps getting more and more weird.

August 7, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  41. Susan from Scotts Valley, CA

Hi Randi. I fear the worst for Caylee and that her mother is just not owning up or is not psychologically capable of accepting what she's done.

August 7, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  42. Norma

Bill is from the past Obama is the future now.
    The way Bill has been acting he doesn't deserve a damn thing.

August 7, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  43. Peggy

As a resident Florida's Space Coast I have been following the Caylee Anthony case very closely, mom Casey is hiding something and i think Cindy and George are finally coming to this realization. No one seeks immunity unless they are trying to hide something.

August 7, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  44. Jean Rogers

Yes Randi been following Carlee and her "crazy" Mom and Grandparnets with all the fake details she and they have been trying to sell the authorities.

August 7, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  45. Cindy

Randi...great to have you blogging.

I think Casey is a nut and has either killed or sold her daughter for drugs. She is lying too much to not know where her daughter is.

Cindy...Ga.

August 7, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  46. Frank El Dorado Hills, CA

What role the Clintons will play in an Obama Administration? This is ridiculous. They will have no meaningful role if Obama can manage it. Hillary supporters are being duped.

August 7, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  47. Caren in Los Angeles/soon-to-be Boston

Hi Randi, I'm just curious if anyone know who the biological father is and where he is. Also, I'm from Atlanta, and I really miss it! There's no place like the south!

August 7, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  48. Tracey - Boston

Randi,

I think the mother became so intoxicated or otherwise that she didn't know or care until people were asking about her or maybe she got messed up again and realized she "lost" her.

August 7, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  49. Andrew, Lafayette IN

Hi Randi.. nice to see you tonight. Something is going on with her mother.. She isn't saying something.. she knows more than what she's telling... What do you think?

August 7, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  50. Njabulo Mpabanga ZIMBABWE

Hello AC
    I dont think the Clintons will tarnish the convention. It will be a spectiacle in itself. Cant wait to see the drama unfold or not. Interesting times in the US.

August 7, 2008 at 10:16 pm |