August 7th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 8/7/08

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Be sure to check out Anderson on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

We’ll start posting comments to this blog at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Jan

I'm glad Bill Clinton is speaking and I'm sure he will be postive and supportive. Afterall, he's no dummy. He want's Hillary to run in 2012. I hope they Bill and Hillary give Obama the respect he deserves. He beat them. They need to get over it!

August 7, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  2. Greg, Los Angeles

I am a going to Dever to the convention and like I said to Jack Cafferty either Obama will unite us or divide us by not putting Her on the VP ticket. there is so many of us will make it known to Obama if he disrespects 18 million americans who voted for her.

August 7, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  3. CAROLYN JONES

THE young man that's in custody for wanting to kill sen obama is a terrorist home grown, it's sad to have that much hate because of ones color. i would rather see sen obama drop from the race than to see him killed or harmed. im not for sen mc cain but i pray for them both.

August 7, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  4. Wendy Ontario, Canada

It's time the Clintons truly got behind Obama. He needs to show the country that the democrats are united. I think they all need to get serious about shutting McCain down before things get anymore negative. Bill & Hilary would be the perfect pair to stand up for Obama & go negative on McCain.

August 7, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  5. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi!
    Unity or not, I hope you have a safe place to broadcast from at the DNC.

August 7, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  6. Jean Rogers

Hi Everyone. Finally gone in early.

What about those Clinton's. There is never a dull moment when they are around. But Bill will give us all something to think about with his speechon Wednesday. I will be glued to my chair.

August 7, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  7. Andre Hawkins

I know Bill and Hillary are still bitter about her not receiving the nomination, but they need to get over it. They can make or break this thing for Obama and I hope it's not the latter.

August 7, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  8. Linda Powell- Singapore

You earn respect, it's not just given. I use to respect the Clintons until they behaved like idiots during their campaign.

August 7, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  9. randicnn

hi everyone.. Randi Kaye here down in Atlanta.. doing the 360 news bulletins tonight from down south.. since here this week working.. I used to be based here so kinda like coming home.. I've been paying a lot of attention to that story of missing little girl Caylee Anthony out of Florida.. have you been following it? What do you think is really going on there... We have another story on it coming up tonight around 10:30p so stay tuned..

August 7, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  10. Greg C

Hey Anderson and Erica. This is all pre game posturing. Oboma will choose Clinton for VP, get the momentum back and wage an historic campaign. GO DEMS!!!

August 7, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  11. Franky

I know Hillary is not intentionally doing this, she wants some kind of resolution, but is unfortunate that her fate is already controlling her destiny...

August 7, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  12. janet

Hillary is going to be seen as a fighter. To never give up. That is a great example for our kids. In my opinion, the primary was unfair towards her. I wouldn't expect her to just sit there and take it. She's a strong person and Obama should take a moment and learn something from her. He'd come away a better person.

August 7, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  13. Al - Texas

Isn't the Democratic convention supposed to be about the democratic nominee? Wonder how this would look if Barack had lost?

August 7, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  14. Frank El Dorado Hills, CA

How can we expect Obama to run the country if he is so tangled up over the Clintons and the convention?

August 7, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  15. Linda Powell- Singapore

Hillary Clinton lost plain and simple. The Clintons just can deal with the fact that someone beat them. Her supporters just need to get over it. If she runs again she will not win. She is WAY too devisive. Just look at the video. The only history that she is making is a loser who cannot deal with the fact that she will not be president.

August 7, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  16. Anton Attard

Anderson your the best, I think its good that Mr. Clinton is speaking, this is unity between races and to show that their is grudges not held against anyone. I am passionate to see Barack in the white house, he needs Hillary as his VP I believe

August 7, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  17. Amber, FL

For those of you who say this isn't about the clintons....okay, we get that Obama is the nominee. However, Hillary's race IS historic...and it is due that respect. Don't knock it by acting like they are insignificant! It makes you seem like you no nothing about politics. They are huge figures...very successful figures in the Democratic Party. There is no denying that.

And Bill Clinton is NOT angry b/c Hillary lost....he's angry at all the nasty treatment she received from the press, Obama folks, etc. Never in the history of presidential politics has there been someone treated so unfairly and criticized in such a personal manner. Leave Bill alone. You'd be angry too if you're wife was treated that way.

August 7, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  18. lynn

Knowing the amazing organization of the obama campaign, I doubt that Clinton's speech hasn't been planned all along.

August 7, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  19. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

It would be nice if all the candidates and both parties realized it's not all about them. They're suppose to be concerned about all Americans and the needs of the country.

August 7, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  20. jen rose

I hope they find out what happen to Caylee soon....It's a sad situation. Anytime there's a child missing it breaks my heart. What do you think happen to Caylee? Or do you have any thoughts on the subject?

August 7, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  21. Mary

I think that it is about respect. Pres. Clinton may feel that he was disrespected and I think he deserves more respect than Sen Obama wants to give

August 7, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  22. Kathy

Maybe it is all hipe to get people to tune into the convention.

August 7, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  23. Gloren (Florida)

Greetings, everyone! It sure looks like the Democratic Convention will be the place to be and the thing to watch. Hi, Anderson! 🙂

August 7, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  24. Tiffany in Ottawa

I don't think Hillary will go for a roll call. She has more dignity than that (at least I hope she does). If it came to a roll call I think it would look bad on the democrats by showing that their own party can't be united.

August 7, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  25. JImmy in California

I agree that her run for the White House is history but she lost so it should be noted and she should be honored for her history making run but a Roll Call is a bit much and will not go toward a party healing which is more important now.

August 7, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  26. Franky

Man, I gotta say Anderson, I'm not worried whether her supporters are gonna cause tension or whatever. I'm worried about Hillary's image. Not just her but also Bill as well. It does give hope that they are trying to work something out but for me personally, I ain't worried about that. I'm not worried regardless what happens, I do care about how people might see her.....

August 7, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  27. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

I can hardly wait until this convention (and the next one) is over. What a waste of time and money. I guess it's good FREE air time.

August 7, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  28. Tracey - Boston

But the Clinton's are major player in the Democratic Party...Like Ted Kennedy

August 7, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  29. janet

Bill Clinton deserves the respect to speak at the convention. He was, after all, our President for two terms, and a successful president at that.

August 7, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  30. Jolene

Sounds like it's going to be the Democratic National "Clinton" convention.

August 7, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  31. Daleen L

The Democratic party has got to embrace all people. It needs to keep the communication open and hear from all sides in their own party.

August 7, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  32. Kalayna

makes me wonder if Ole Billy is going to announce his wife as the Vice Presidential choice during his speach

August 7, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  33. Melinda

Hi All,

I am excited for the convention. I wonder what Bill will say after he made it very clear that he would speak his mind to anyone who would listen after January, when all is said and done.

August 7, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  34. Shannon

I have to say that the Clintons know how to play the media, this really isn't a story worthy of this much attention.

August 7, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  35. Frank El Dorado Hills, CA

With Obama stalling in the polls and continuing to make 'anti blue-collar gaffes' Democrats are beginning to think Hillary may have been the better choice. Ya think?

August 7, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  36. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Welcome Dana! I have always enjoyed your commentary!

August 7, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  37. Norma

The Clintons look like a bunch of whinners.

August 7, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  38. Andrew, Lafayette IN

it's amazing to see what kind of pull the Clintons really have. The election isn't even about her or Bill anymore, and yet here we go again...

August 7, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  39. Mike, Syracuse, NY

Good evening bloggers, Anderson. One wonders why Clinton (either one) needs to be sucked up to so much. None of the other unsuccessful candidates are getting this treatment.

August 7, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  40. Gary

Hello everyone. It is clear the Democrats are going to have a dramatic convention. That is what all of this is about. It is just theater folks.

August 7, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  41. Frank El Dorado Hills, CA

The last thing Obama wants at the convention is Hillarys name in nomination and then a roll call vote. The result would be too close for comfort. Too many 'Super Delegates' needed.

August 7, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  42. Jolene

Hello Bloggers! Am I surprised the Clintons are in the news? Nothing like the roll call thing to add some excitement to the DNC.

August 7, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  43. Kathy

Hi everyone....I wonder what Hillary is up to.

August 7, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  44. Maureen T

Good evening Andy! Great to hear Bill Clinton will be speaking at the Democratic Convention! Can't wait to hear that speech!

August 7, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  45. Tracey - Boston

Good Evening Everyone,

There are no slow days in news, are there?

August 7, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  46. JImmy in California

Good evening Anderson and all Bloggers. Hope we have a great night tonight.

August 7, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  47. Andrew, Lafayette IN

Hi everyone.. gotta love the Clintons haha

August 7, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  48. Saera El Paso, TX

hello everyone

August 7, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  49. Cindy

Evening Anderson.

I don't think Hillary will want a roll call at the convention. I don't think she'll try anything.

Cindy...Ga.

August 7, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  50. Tiffany in Ottawa

Good evening from Canada's capital Anderson!

August 7, 2008 at 9:59 pm |