August 6th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 8/6/08

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Be sure to check out Anderson and Erica on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

We’ll start posting comments to this blog at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Nettie

We don't even know the whole story yet, man give'm break. Is it strange yes, does it make them guilty? not until it's proven.

August 6, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  2. MaryBeth

Nope, no father has been mentioned.

August 6, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  3. Tom F

Why are the police recording and releasing her jailhouse conversations? I have no sympathy for this psychopath, but is it normal for prisoners to be recorded on the phone? What if they call their lawyer?

August 6, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  4. Mike, Syracuse, NY

If Casey and Caylee lived with the grandparents, Caylee's DNA would be all over the place.

August 6, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  5. Jennifer - Michigan

Has anyone asked about the Caylee's father or his family?

August 6, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  6. Cindy

Ok if Casey says she knows where Caylee is but won't tell them why aren't the police charging her with obstruction of justice?

Cindy...Ga.

August 6, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  7. Megan Dresslar

I could not believe Cindy lied to police and to people!!!!!! why she do that to own her daughter??????? she is going to jail..... what was she thinking??????

August 6, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  8. Betty Ann, Nacogdoches,TX

Unfortuneately there are a lot of bad mothers. That is why there are so many delinguets. 🙁
    Maybe people are too busy are just don't care. The world is a difficult place to live and keep your sanity.

August 6, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  9. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

These grandparents are protecting their daughter at the expense of their own grandchild. Unlike her mother, Caylee is an innocent child; how could they do that?

August 6, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  10. Janna

If there was a dead body involved, there is a cover up. This much is obvious. Let's hope that the sweet child is really safe and this mother is trying to keep her safe by telling these lies. She could be lying to protect someone else, not herself.

August 6, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  11. Kent Fitzsimmons,Kewanee, IL

After one day without your baby you go to the police...........not 30 days......

August 6, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  12. Norma

Im not buying any of their excuses. The mother did something to the little girl pure and simple.

August 6, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  13. Kaye, Pensacola & Chattanooga

I cannot begin to imagine what Caylee's grandparents are going through.

August 6, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  14. deborah, OH

Is there a father in this tragic story about Caylee? Or did I miss that?

August 6, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  15. MaryBeth

This story is just bizarre. Casey doesn't sound legitimate on the phone. Sometimes her tone makes me believe she's lying. Why would you search on your own for your kid? Use all the available resources, police, FBI, media, everything.

August 6, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  16. Andrew, Lafayette IN

some parents just shouldn't be parents. It's a sad truth...

August 6, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  17. Kathleen Ol

Does anyone wonder if there is more to the anthrax story than what we have been hearing?

August 6, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  18. EJ (USA)

I'm just wondering what type of personality disorder experts are going to say that Casey has. That story is too weird.

August 6, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  19. Lou

That is where Casey and Caylee live and the grandparents did not notice that there 2 year old grandaughter was not there for 31 days?

August 6, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  20. Maureen T

I'm celebrating my birthday today and how sad that little Caylee won't be celebrating hers on Saturday...

August 6, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  21. Jason - Orlando, Fla.

I know the quality of delivered pizza has gone down some, but no major pizza chain that I know of delivers cadaver-scented pizza.

August 6, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  22. Jacqui Chan

that's the best charges they could come up with. This person has no business having children; she's disgusting!

August 6, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  23. Mark

The mother just reeks of guilt.

August 6, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  24. Terry

As the police, I think I am conviced also that Casey has been caught in a web of lies. Her denial and inability to speak on the phone without a negative, spiteful, or perhaps un co-operative attitude shows her character. As a single mother of ten years, I can not fathom not searching for my 'missing' children for every hour I could.

August 6, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  25. Lisa in Miami

Ok. something is totally off with the family. Grandma, daughter, and little Casey. I can't go even 3 hours without knowing about my 2 year old daughter – checking in with the sitter. It is unimaginable to me to "lose" your little girl. Blessings to the little girl wherever she is.

August 6, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  26. Lori Zibel

I honestly think that the mother is guilty. I haven't been following this story very closley but it just seems like the mother knows exactly where Caylee is.

August 6, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  27. Jason - Orlando, Fla.

I get the feeling that Casey's mom knows more information then she wants us to believe.

August 6, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  28. Heather - Spokane, WA

It is way too obvious that Casey knows what is going on, otherwise she would be spilling her guts as to the identity of the babysitter and any information she has.

August 6, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  29. Jacqui Chan

what is wrong with her; SHE WENT TO A DANCE CLUB!?!

August 6, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  30. Maureen T

That Caylee story is such a heartbreaking story! What kind of a mother is Casey?? She's not being honest...

August 6, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  31. Jason - Orlando, Fla.

I've been to that Orlando dance club several times before and it's not exactly the healthiest environment for the mother of a 2 year old girl!

August 6, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  32. andersoncnn

They searched the grandparents house because that is where Casey and Caylee live.

August 6, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  33. Cindy

It seems to me that as much as Casey has lied that she has done something bad to her baby.

Cindy...Ga.

August 6, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  34. John

We may have some of the highest tax "rates" on business, but how many companies actually pay the "rate'? Big business has many tax shelters and tax loopholes that reduce their taxes to very small amounts. Small businesses get hurt more, but they do not compete on the world market as frequently.

August 6, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  35. Jason - Orlando, Fla.

Let's pray for Caylee's safe return.

August 6, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  36. Jolene

Erica: I'm with you, I enjoy Tom Foreman's segment too on 360.

August 6, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  37. Heather - Spokane, WA

90 billion......I'd sure like that allowance!

August 6, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  38. Kent Fitzsimmons,Kewanee, IL

Paris didn't have to read off a card though..........that is good right McCain?

August 6, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  39. deborah, OH

hello anderson.
    I like Tom Foreman–I can understand what he is saying. Good addition to the show. You are right , Erica.

August 6, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  40. Betty Ann, Nacogdoches,TX

Yeah well, we would expect thet paris would have ghost writers. Something tells me. . .

August 6, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  41. Janna

Erica, I totally agree! Tom Foreman just saved me so much online researching time 🙂

August 6, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  42. sylvia chicago

On some level it infuriates me when I hear about Iraq's huge budget surplus especially in light of our struggling economy and the record setting deficit but...then I think about it... and realize, we went in there, destroyed their infrastructure...if the the tables where turned, wouldn't we be screaming that they rebuild what they destroyed?

August 6, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  43. andersoncnn

Susan, just so you know, the commercial Hilton taped was actually written by a comedy team. She didn't actually write it.

August 6, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  44. Craig

Obama's plan says use everything. Even though he doesn't agree totally with it, he is willing to compromise. Isn't compromise better than stubborness, look at where that has gotten us. Bush and Congress are so stubborn we have a government that does not accomplish anything.

August 6, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  45. Jason - Orlando, Fla.

Keep 'em honest bro!

August 6, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  46. ericacnn

I really like this new segment with Tom Foreman - always nice to cut through the campaign-speak

August 6, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  47. JImmy in California

They searched the home of Kaylee's Grand Parents? Are they now persons of interest in this case? What is the deal with the mom in jail? Has she gotten any mental health care yet?

August 6, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  48. Terry

All hands on deck? Wow.... That is a strong statement. I hope he can get all hands on deck. We all know when that is called in the 'real' world, not on a 7 man fishing boat, some come to the call and put all in, some come and put a little in, and more than half don't show. Corporate, money, big business administrations.
    Good luck Mr. Obama

August 6, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  49. MaryBeth

Wow, he actually tied the Iraq War to the economy! Is there anything he can't tie it to?

August 6, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  50. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the answer to this energy crisis is to give consideration to all options until a viable alternative to oil can be found. Although I am totally against drilling in the wildlife reserves.

August 6, 2008 at 10:27 pm |