August 5th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 8/5/08

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Be sure to check out Anderson and Erica on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

We’ll start posting comments to this blog at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. David, Indiana

I don't understand how people can act like this. I hope the courts and law enforcement figure this out and that this child is somehow safe.

August 5, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  2. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

The discovery of those lowland gorillas is fantastic! Now if they can keep them safe and free from exploitation.

Anderson, Please keep us posted on this story.

August 5, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  3. Jacqueline, NY

Why isn't the name and picture of babysitter being mentioned and flashed all over the place if in fact the so called babysitter kidnapped Caylee? Did i miss that.

August 5, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  4. Jolene

Cloned puppies? We already have an overpopulation of unwanted pets. I hope there is a good explanation....

August 5, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  5. Alheli Picazo, ("Ala-Lee Picasso"), Calgary, Alberta, Canada

edward, that is what i thought too, but then who's body was in the trunk?? cadaver dog's do NOT hit on anything but a dead body

August 5, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  6. Amina from TN

strange story, but still i can't believe the mothers actions, her lack of good parenting. alot recklessness

August 5, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  7. Kathy Murphy-Waterford, MI

Sounds like they're covering each other's butt.

August 5, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  8. Alheli Picazo, ("Ala-Lee Picasso"), Calgary, Alberta, Canada

So if these "facts" prove casey is innocent, why won't the family share those "facts" with the police???

August 5, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  9. Rachael

Omg I can't believe she defending that women!

August 5, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  10. Marcie. Whitby, Ontario

I agree with what Anderson just said,,,, her daughter is missing 5 weeks and did not report it. something is not right is not right with that. Any parent I know, if there child is missing for 2 hours your frantic. but 5 weeks,,, wow!...

August 5, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  11. carrieinSterling, Va

I called the police when my daughter was two hours late coming home from King's Dominion-and she's 17. Anything could have happened and she didn't answer her cell phone. I can't imagine not knowing where a toddler is for 5 minutes-let alone 5 weeks!

August 5, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  12. Gary

I think regardless of what we may think of this mother we must keep in mind that she is innocent until proven guilty of a crime. It is hard to keep that perspective with these circumstances.

August 5, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  13. Anna - chicago ,il

Recent interviews with the grandmother have really left me gasping...she is being so defensive and thinks people and the media are attacking her and her daughter. I recall her saying that she doesn't believe that Casey would hurt Caylee, but by not co-operating with authorities she has already hurt her daughter greatly.

August 5, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  14. kim-chicago

Unfortunately John McCain's strategists have turned this campaign into a joke...this country is on the brink of disaster and they are playing these stupid games...

August 5, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  15. EJ (USA)

Maybe this mother/Casey is trying to cover up for a boyfriend or close friend who she knows did something. Either way it's a shame that she can't tell the truth.

August 5, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  16. Heather Spokane, WA

It sounds to me, judging from the pictures and that the mother is only 21, that the little girl interrupted the mother's social life. It is sad that some women still have that mentality even after they have a baby.

August 5, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  17. edward grimmer

the mother probley sold the little girl for drugs

August 5, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  18. Kim

This girl on now is even defending this family. What is up with all these people?

August 5, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  19. Tom

I feel bad for Caylees mom. She may have killed the child and partied but people deal with grief in different ways.

August 5, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  20. Norma

That friend is wrong this is not about pictures.

Its about her lying from the get go!!!

I don't think she knows her friend that well apparently.

August 5, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  21. William

Wow shes gonna spend her birthday "missing!" Such a sad, confusing, complicated and drama filled story.

August 5, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  22. Megan Dresslar

Kimether,
    Yes, she is all lying to police and her family....

August 5, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  23. Linda31

This story is unbelievable. I pray that her daughter is safe.

August 5, 2008 at 10:42 pm |
  24. Alheli Picazo, ("Ala-Lee Picasso"), Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Is her family/friends lying to cover up for her, or are they just complete idiots??

August 5, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  25. Hannah Storm

this babysitter is insane......the woman's child is missing and she goes clubbing. Pretty much show's this woman's character

August 5, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  26. Jo - Waleska,GA

Lisa, your right this does boggle the mind. I've followed this story from the beginning & i just can't fiqure out why this mother won't stop lying.

August 5, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  27. jackie Chino Hills, CA

don't all photos have a date on the front or back of them when they're printed?

August 5, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  28. Kathy Murphy-Waterford, MI

Can't they arrest/question the Grandmother?

August 5, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  29. Jason - Orlando, Fla.

Does anyone know if the mother has had a lie detector test?

August 5, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  30. jackie Chino Hills, CA

matter of fact; did we ever establish where or who the father was? i can't remember.

August 5, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  31. Anna - chicago ,il

I think that the DNA will break this case...I hope that Caylee is alright...everyone's story is changing too much...

August 5, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  32. Susan, Mi

As a mom, when my daughter was two, I knew where she was 24/7. I can't even imagine what these two women are thinking.

August 5, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  33. Alheli Picazo, ("Ala-Lee Picasso"), Calgary, Alberta, Canada

If your child was missing and you had nothing to do with it, would you rather sit behind bars and refuse to talk unless granted immunity, or would you say "take my dna, give me a polygraph, do whatever it takes so we can find my child?"

August 5, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  34. Megan Dresslar

Lisa Bloom,
    You have good point!!!! I agree with you..... I hope that she will stay in jail.

August 5, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  35. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

It is totally unbelievable that a mother would not immediately call the authorities if a child that young is missing for any amount of time.

This feels like Susan Smith to me.

August 5, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  36. Kimether - Atlanta, GA

She is lying! She is going to regret wasting all this time, money, and energy the authorities are using. I regret to say, but I think she hurt her daughter.

August 5, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  37. Alheli Picazo, ("Ala-Lee Picasso"), Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I wonder if the mother is charged with murder, whether the rest of the family can be charged with something since they are just enabling the lies

August 5, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  38. Shane O'Sheeran Las Vegas, Nevada

I am rahter confused? To say the least!

August 5, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  39. Gloren (Florida)

This entire story regarding the disappearance of this child has become a media circus in Orlando. They are all over the news day and night. I am not a mother but watching the interviews makes one wonder how they can be so calm and indifferent while days go by and the child has yet to be found. It's truly unfortunate, needless to say unbelievable. Let's hope this has a happy ending.

August 5, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  40. Alheli Picazo, ("Ala-Lee Picasso"), Calgary, Alberta, Canada

It's not confusing, it's sad. That this mother/grandmother thinks that they can continue to lie and the public will eat it up

August 5, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  41. sylvia chicago

This sort of thing keeps on happening more and more often...there seems to be a disconnect between mothers and their children...I can't seem to wrap my mind around it...how can you have anything other then love and a need to protect when it comes to you your child

August 5, 2008 at 10:36 pm |
  42. Anna - chicago ,il

I find this story about Caylee so disturbing...it is bizarre to say the least...I don't think the grandmother is helping....there seems to be some huge coverup happening...Casey seems to be completely unconcerned about her daughter...she should let the police do their job.

August 5, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  43. jackie Chino Hills, CA

right on Lisa! it does hurt the brain. lol

August 5, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  44. Megan Dresslar

oh my gosh!!! That is so awful picture!!!!!! I am not happy for mom that she left for her!!! That's outrage!!!

August 5, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  45. Mary H. St. Louis, MO

Let's hope the authorities find this little girl and hopefully alive. How sad and bizzare..

August 5, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  46. Alheli Picazo, ("Ala-Lee Picasso"), Calgary, Alberta, Canada

if your child is missing, how long would YOU wait to report it??? I doubt 31 days!

August 5, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  47. Norma

Theres something wrong with that mother. I think she did something to her.

A real mother would be going crazy looking for her daughter.

This will be another Susan Smith case.

August 5, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  48. Mike, Syracuse, NY

Wow, if those pictures in the club were after the girl disappeared, her mother should lose the girl no matter what.

August 5, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  49. jackie Chino Hills, CA

if you know who has your daughter then why isn't she with you? this whole thing is weird and confusing. i can't believe this lady. madness, complete madness.

August 5, 2008 at 10:35 pm |
  50. Alheli Picazo, ("Ala-Lee Picasso"), Calgary, Alberta, Canada

It's just a matter of time before the truth comes out...

August 5, 2008 at 10:34 pm |