August 5th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 8/5/08

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Be sure to check out Anderson and Erica on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

We’ll start posting comments to this blog at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Maureen T

This mother should tell the truth! I mean there are so many couples who can't have children and this woman doesn't know where her child is? What was she thinking??

August 5, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  2. Kimether - Atlanta, GA

vanished for 5 weeks to look for her daughter??? Unless she is completely mentally retarded, or was affluent and told not to go to the authorities or her daughter would be harmed, then she is completely lying. I think she knows who has her daughter but what stops her from telling the authorities?!?

August 5, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  3. Alheli Picazo, ("Ala-Lee Picasso"), Calgary, Alberta, Canada

i think everyone hopes the child is found alive, but we are also not fools, even though we are taken to be stupid enough to believe the constant lies

August 5, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  4. Heather Spokane, WA

Any person would know that the woman and the grandmother both had something to do with the girls disappearance, especially when the grandmother says, recorded, that the trunk smelled liked a dead body was in there and then said later on that it was only old pizza.There is a BIG difference between old pizza and a decaying body. Not to mention that the disappearance was reported a month later. They need to speak up now.

August 5, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  5. ericacnn

It is sad and very strange....

August 5, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  6. Hannah Storm

I am glad to hear this woman was charged with child neglect

August 5, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  7. Fay, CA

Casey comes off as very indifferent to the fate of her child and the photos of her partying during the time Caylee had first gone missing are sickening.

August 5, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  8. Megan Dresslar

I am praying for Caylee...... I am so sad for mom who charged her daughter....

August 5, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  9. Jolene

It will be a sad day if Obama and McCain ever decide to sit on a lawn chair wearing their swim trunks and discussing energy policies.

August 5, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  10. Jacquelyn

I think the way Senator Obama handled being slammed by both Senator Clinton and Senator McCain simultaneously was remarkable. During the primary, they literally endorsed each other across party lines while trivializing Senator Obama's candidacy, a phenomenon I do not recall ever seeing before.

August 5, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  11. Norma

The funny part is I heard McCain campagin actually sent out a statement on the Paris Hilton ad.

What kind of campagin are they running when you actually sent a statement out to Paris Hilton ad?????

August 5, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  12. Cindy

This Caylee Anthony story is sad. The mom seems like she isn't being honest at all. I hope they find the girl alive and well!!

Cindy...Ga.

August 5, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  13. David, Indiana

McCain's plan is bold, nuclear energy and agressive drilling for oil but there are problems with both, oil spills, nuclear waste

Great rebuttal by Paris Hilton of the McCain ads, did she just use the b-word?

What happened to hydrogen cars?

I'm glad Edouard didn't do a lot of damage when it came ashore.

August 5, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  14. Marcie. Whitby, Ontario

Wow!! Paris on energy...... now thats HOT! or not! hahaha..

I know people love to see what she is up to but does anyone really take her seriously. You would think on issues as important as energy you would use someone that people actual care to listen too.

August 5, 2008 at 10:30 pm |
  15. jackie Chino Hills, CA

so many missing kids cases just in the past year alone. it makes me sad. these are innocent victims to madness. i can't stand it.

August 5, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  16. Shannon

I thought Paris did a much better job putting together her ad than McCain did. They should hire her . . . . . She certainly had more substance than any McCain ad.

August 5, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  17. Anna - chicago ,il

That was absolutely hilarious with Paris Hilton...must of been a long day shooting that one....I hope that from now on she will be left out of the election

August 5, 2008 at 10:28 pm |
  18. Kiran

Paris, I am sorry but trying to look smart makes you look more stupid!

August 5, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  19. Hannah Storm

ok this woman is just so unfit to be a parent. I truly hope this little girl is found safe and sound

August 5, 2008 at 10:27 pm |
  20. Christine

Paris should be thankful. She has been out of the spot light for a while now.

August 5, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  21. Jolene

Hi Erica: I must be the only one who didn't find the Paris video funny, it was more cheesy and stupid to me. But then if she really is smart, why the act?

August 5, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  22. Minou, New York City

Well, Paris does have a sense of humor! I like that!

August 5, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  23. Jatovi, NC

That was her best acting job ever!

August 5, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  24. Heather Spokane, WA

I wonder how many takes it took for Paris Hilton to get all of that right? Then how many times they had to tell her over and over what it all meant.....

August 5, 2008 at 10:25 pm |
  25. Megan Dresslar

ohhhh really Paris?????? too funny!!!!

August 5, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  26. ericacnn

maybe a similar response is just what britney needs...

August 5, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  27. Jan - Oklahoma

Maybe the polls are close because a lot of people do what I do...Lie, lie and then lie some more. Hang up the phone and have a good laugh.

August 5, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  28. jackie Chino Hills, CA

paris...that is hilarious....i love it

August 5, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  29. Linda31

I like the keeping them honest segments. And I loved Paris' ad. It was funny and well done.

August 5, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  30. Kimether - Atlanta, GA

McCain wants 45 new nuclear plants yet hasn't said where the heck they are going to go and where the waste will be stored. I like Paris Hilton's energy plan better than his.

August 5, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  31. Shannon

I want to know where McCain proposes dumping the nuclear waste. This is the major reason that Obama has said that this plan needs to be refined more before he would support nuclear power.

August 5, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  32. Cindy

OMG...I loved this Paris video! It is hilarious!!

So what do you think Anderson! LOL

Cindy..Ga.

August 5, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  33. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Both sides have been doing anything they can to win this election. Both have flip flopped and neither one has run a clean campaign. They are both guilty of selling out in one way or another.

August 5, 2008 at 10:24 pm |
  34. Frank El Dorado Hills, CA

The US imports over 2 million barrels of oil a day from Saudi Arabia and Venezuela out of a total 21 million barrels of oil used per day. 75% of oil is used for transportation or about 16.8 million barrels of the daily total. 2% of the 16.8 million barrels used per day is just over 320,000 barrels. It's just math folks and Obama doesn't seem to understand it. It will take more then tire inflation to do the job.

August 5, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  35. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi!
    I think there is too much emphasis on experience in the campaign, especially since it was already such an issue with Hillary Clinton in the Dem. primaries. The candidates need to live in reality, not just possibilities.

August 5, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  36. Larry (Chicago)

Obama's ads are not that subtle when he does a comedy routine that is cruel, not just negative but mean towards Sen. McCain.

August 5, 2008 at 10:23 pm |
  37. Hannah Storm

you know what Erica, She Who Must Not Be Named is smarter then we all think.......she would have to be to continue to stay in the public eye

August 5, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  38. Mike

"She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named".........roflmao

August 5, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  39. Kimether - Atlanta, GA

I hope McCain keeps the poor, negative, tacky commercials coming! It makes the entire Republican Party seem like a bunch of silly coyotes, and makes Obama look like the RoadRunner.

August 5, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  40. Heather,CA,US

As far as I'm concerned it's incredibly embarassing having Paris Hilton take part in our political process. These are serious issues. Shes any airhead in a bathing suit.

August 5, 2008 at 10:22 pm |
  41. ericacnn

Who would've thought She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named would weigh in on energy policies??? Maybe I misunderstood her...

August 5, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  42. Megan Dresslar

I knew that I saw Paris Hilton had a ads for John McCain previous on Campbell Brown today

August 5, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  43. Kimether - Atlanta, GA

The McCamp camp's efforts have been so ridiculous lately! Just getting worse and worse. What makes it so funny is that, when McCain's camp comes out with another silly, asinine commercial, Obama successfully makes fun of it every time.

August 5, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  44. Fay, CA

The fact that John McCain induced "she who must not be named" to emerge from whatever rock she was under the past few weeks, is another reason why I won't be voting for him.

August 5, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  45. Shannon

Cindy, I don't know what you are talking about because most of what McCain has said about Obama is flat untrue and has been ruled so by independent agencies. McCain purposefully distorts Obama's positions and outright makes up things like why he didn't visit the injured troops last week.

August 5, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  46. Hannah Storm

Paris' ad is so hilarious......I could not stop laughing

August 5, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  47. Heather Spokane, WA

There is more than one way to save your gas other than inflating tires. Are they going to make fun of those ways too?

August 5, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  48. David

I don't know why McCain ignores the fact that we won't be able to see a drop of the oil from offshore drilling for at least seven years, not to mention it is environmentally harmful and potentially environmentally devastating. Why not take the time, money and energy he plans on using for drilling and put that towards wind and solar energy?

August 5, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  49. Destini

McCain is showing desperation by being so negative. What will he do to win?

August 5, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  50. Anna - chicago ,il

Hi Erica...Obama had a very good idea with the air in the tires...I have consistently heard that this would decrease oil usage...it is a smart idea that all people could do today...as opposed to McCain idea of oil drilling which will take years to feel the effects.

August 5, 2008 at 10:17 pm |