July 23rd, 2008

TONIGHT: Your reaction

Watch feedback and reaction to 'Black in America' with a panel discussion of the issues addressed. Tonight, 11 ET

WATCH: Our Studio Webcam 9:45p-11p ET

Filed under: On TV
  1. wanda

Can I just say I'm loving this special "black in america". I hope you make it a weekly series.

July 23, 2008 at 11:33 pm |
  2. C Brooks

Thank you, Soledad. Thank you and CNN for giving you the forum. The forum to show what it is like for many (of course, not all) African Americans to be "Black In America".

I know that you and the network will get criticism as many will say "why?". Why do we need to highlight the differences, why do we have to care, why do we have to hear about this again – don't they have affirmative action, there's no more racism, etc. Thank you. I recognize that you are trying to give insight into day to day lives of those of us who live in a culture within the majority culture. The more we can see into each other's lives and humanity, the more chance for understanding.

I, like many African Americans and Latinos, have been watching and following you for awhile. I come from a Black family that has multicultural roots and it has been good to see stories and faces I could identify with in the media. As a physician I see the disparities in healthcare on a daily basis and in research, I appreciate this being highlighted.

Okay, yes, I did identify with the "still" single black women (never married, no children) in your piece, perosnally, I am single by choice.

Keep up the good and hard work. I look forward to more on the subject and more from you.

July 23, 2008 at 9:53 pm |
  3. Jill Elmore

I am very happy that CNN has chosen to bring out the positive in our bleak world today. As a retired Florida public school teacher I strongly feel we as a country can unite once again.
    CNN has done so many enlightening programs educating all Americans more extensively on what really matters to all of us no matter what race, age, culture, nationality, ability or disability. We all have the same basic needs- the most important is to feel loved and accepted. However, the happiest ,most successful person enjoys what he does and reaches out to do for others.
    I really appreciate CNN placing so much emphasis on the positive heroes in our country whcih encourages all of us to make this world a better, more positive place for everyone.
    I pray with a new direction and under new leadership this country will again be inspired to reach out to help each other . This is the way we all should choose to live thus uniting our country.
    Thanks CNN for the important role you have chosen!

July 23, 2008 at 9:01 pm |
  4. Bernard Murrell

If not now, then when.
    There must be more than talk, and the action should come with some REAL substanance.
    400 plus years of enslavement and entrapment must be dealt with, with mental, emotional and spiritual reckoning that is helpful and productful for this nation in order for it to survive.

July 23, 2008 at 5:03 pm |
  5. Bernard Murrell

If not now, then when.
    400 plus years of enslavement and entrapment must be dealt with with mental, emotional and spiritual reconing that is helpful and productful for this nation in order for it to survive.

July 23, 2008 at 4:45 pm |
  6. Laura

This is RIDICULOUS! How about “WHITE IN AMERICA,” or “YELLOW HISTORY MONTH?” and so on? The more the media separates stories based on skin color or ethnic origin, the worse the problem, the greater the grumbled resentment. ENOUGH! We are all one!

July 23, 2008 at 2:38 pm |