July 17th, 2008

Walk in a soldier's shoes – Feel that need for back up

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/07/16/art.gates.jpg caption="Australia Minister of Defense Joel Fitzgibbon and U.S. Defense Secretary Robert entering the Pentagon on July 16 to discuss a possible troop surge in Afghanistan"]
Nic Robertson
Senior International Correspondent

Every time I go to Afghanistan I hear the same thing.
We are short of troops, we are short of helicopters, we are short of money to put things right.

No surprise when I embedded with the 24th MEU in southern Helmand province I heard the same complaints again. Only this time, a very big difference. The comments were made by a General on camera not privately in a back room briefing. Every time in the past, apart from a few constructive comments about more money nobody was willing to rock the boat publicly and call it like it was, undermanned.

Gen Dan McNeill, the four star who was until a few months ago in charge of NATO forces in Afghanistan and who is a genuinely nice guy to boot, talked around the subject with me in an almost hour long interview last year. He just didn’t want to say he was short of what he needed most, troops. Sure he said the Afghan army needed to train more men with greater speed, and that the Afghan police we woefully underprepared for their task. But on troops, he said he had all those he needed to do the job he’d been told to do.

Even Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, whom I met in Khost province a few miles from the border with Pakistan in December last year, put the blame elsewhere. He pointed the finger at NATO nations not the US for the short fall in troops. He was seething that some European nations wouldn’t contribute more troops and some that were wouldn’t let their soldiers fight.
What I was seeing on the ground at that time were bases like the one in Wanat, where 9 US soldiers were killed. A relative handful of troops pushed out from large central operating bases to better implement counterinsurgency strategy of being closer to the population, helping convince the Afghans their government supports them. In some places they barely had enough troops to defend their base perimeters let along patrol safely in the steep sided and heavily wood mountain valleys of the Himalayan foothills on the Pakistan border.

The counterinsurgency strategy can work, but in Afghanistan’s wild and mountainous terrain the Taliban are using it to their own deadly effect. Instead of rocketing big bases, which they still do occasionally, they are planting IED’s on re-supply routes, there are too few soldiers to patrol the re-supply routes so re-supply is by helicopter. Some of it’s contracted out to aging Soviet aircraft run by Afghans, the rest by NATO helicopters, and that’s a burden on the limited air assets. That is they were exacerbating the shortage of troops, by implementing tactics designed to draw more in to the fight.

Just a few months ago nobody was prepared to say any of this publicly. Now it seems it is open season on the shortcomings of the war in Afghanistan.

Fresh rhetoric in the race for the White House is bringing a surge of reality to what has until now been the poor cousin to the war in Iraq.

Filed under: 360° Radar • Afghanistan • Nic Robertson • T1
  1. JennyM

I think we should have a draft also. People wouldn't be so careless about going to war if there was a draft and more people would be participating instead of less than 1% who do now .

July 17, 2008 at 1:48 pm |
  2. Joe

One thing I find very interesting about the topics that are posted in favor and not in favor of either conflict, is that 90 percent of the population had the same feeling when they saw the twin towers fall. Both conflicts are a result of an overwhelming human emotion. Whether you are goal oriented or not, if you agreed in some type of revenge for what happened, which most americans did on and after sept 11, then your ass should be over there in the desert helping win the situation over instead of sitting here on the this website and arguing about it. I have served my tours, and until you experience what is happening first hand....dont sit here and criticize it. Deployments are very hard on soliders and families, and as either one or the other....you work together to help everyone envolved in the conflict. If this was applied by everyone in america, a lot of the problems our contries face, includeing these two conflicts could be dealt with in a more positive manner, and have a greater positive outcome for more individuals. It sounds like something out of a text book....but history has also show us that it works. Quite frankly I am somewhat disappointed to return to such a divided country. I got more support for what I did from the individuals I was helping, than from the country I was protecting.

July 17, 2008 at 1:48 pm |
  3. LORI ANN

...........well we wanted to clean up the weapons of mass destruction....have we rounded up all the box-cutters yet?

July 17, 2008 at 1:48 pm |
  4. ws

I think everyone's points have merit.

Overall, I think that nothing will work with the current administration. They are just completely and wholely incompetent to a point of sheer ridiculousness. We need to get him out of there and then bring in someone who is dedicated to surrounding themselves with intelligent people–not just friends–and who is willing to LISTEN.

July 17, 2008 at 1:47 pm |
  5. Sorbera and Butler

This is what we think. If you wrote in and are military Hoorah. For the rest of you shut up and keep your opinions to your self. Go serve your country then you can have room to talk.
    Your all talk no action.

USN

July 17, 2008 at 1:46 pm |
  6. Patrick

I was in the service for more than 8 years, deployed several times to Iraq and Afghanistan and I can tell you, it's not as bad as the press makes it. We don't need more troops, we just need better leadership. If the civilian public knew about the money being wasted on supplies, contracts and equipment, there'd be a lot of angy americans. Go ahead, describe to them what the chow halls were like (ice cream, cake, steak, lobster.) Describe to them about how there's stock piles of equipment in BIAP just sitting there not being used. I've seen some units where they have so many soldiers that they only work 3 days a week and yet there are other units with people working 7 days a week. This war has failed from the beginning because of its poor planning and leadership. The only reason it might be a good idea to bring back the draft is to get some intelligent people in command that aren't corrupt and complacent.

July 17, 2008 at 1:29 pm |
  7. Frank Jones

It is always easy to fall back on the draft when you've surpassed the required age for entry.

July 17, 2008 at 1:27 pm |
  8. Kyle

If you really want to walk in a soldier's shoes you need to see what our year at home is like. Contrary to popular opinion, most soldiers look forward to deployment to alleviate the stress we feel from garrison life.

The inherent problem is that it should take anywhere from 18 months to two years to be fully recovered from deployment. Instead, we are faced with accomplishing the same amount in one year's time. Include training events like field time and the month you spend at the national training center (NTC) and your looking at 9-10 months to recover. The stress can be overwhelming.

July 17, 2008 at 1:27 pm |
  9. ET

The army- thats a four letter word no matter how you count it. You hear so many times from the army that want to be where they can kill someone, sounds like someone else GEORGE (WASTED) BUSH. He did it as governer and now as the WORST ever in the whole world!!!!

July 17, 2008 at 1:24 pm |
  10. DP, Charlotte, NC

I served personally in Afghanistan during the initial act of Operation Enduring Freedom. Unfortunately, Americans were misled by our Government about Operation Iraqi freedom. Even American Soldiers felt misled during the initial offense of the war in Iraq. The Taliban are very coward people...they hide...come at you in the dark...they aim to kill, rape, and or mame for life!
    We as citizens need to solicit our Congress and Senate Representatives and make our voices heard to aide our soldiers continuing the fight in Afghanistan to get them the supplies and personnel that they need.
    Ms. Cindy terrorists flock in small groups and can hide in plain sight. They are masterminds of evil without regard to anything in life because of the life that they have lived thus far. Mr. Gibbons in essence I aggree with you.
    At summers end my son will go off to basic. Fresh faced boy soon to see atrocities that one only sees at war. Life is surreal in that he will soon face all the questions that I faced just a few years ago. I pray he does well and holds steadfast to lessons that he learns in Basic.

July 17, 2008 at 1:21 pm |
  11. Vern Bartlett

Since Afghanistan was invaded, the military has done an extraordinarily lousy job of waging war there and in Iraq, and doing so at an astronomical cost. How tedious it is to hear the regular whines and choruses of lies from this huge, funding sink hole. Almost 8 years after the fact, the incompetent military has Afghanistan in a worse place than it was before they arrived with their bag of unproductive tricks. The military should just do the job, quit belly aching and operate on the budget they have.

July 17, 2008 at 1:18 pm |
  12. Brandon

John,

Hopefully, you have either already served or are currently. It isn't just young people with no direction in life these days. There are plenty of older people that either do nothing more than sit around and count their money or still work at jobs that are better suited for teenagers. By the way, I am posting this from my desk at Redstone Arsenal, AL. I am active duty and have been in for 9 years now.

July 17, 2008 at 1:17 pm |
  13. Andy C.

You shouldn't resinstate the draft in order make citizens get involved in the political process. The goal of our society is free choice as long as it doesn't harm another person or interfere with their ability to live a happy life.

As a background, I am a recent veteran. I served 4 years and was ranked at the top of my unit at every evaluation. Would it be great if we had more trained troops, sailors, and airmen? Sure! I look at it in a simple supply/demand mentality. You need more people... make the supply greater by giving more incentives. If the incentives outweigh the risk, people will do the job. One example is garbage men. Nobody loves picking up trash but it pays well in big cities.

Bottom line, you can't force someone to get involved. It's the nature (and beauty) of our system. Free choice.

July 17, 2008 at 1:14 pm |
  14. Ron

I feel we have lost enough of our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Harry Truman stopped the war in Japan, Bush should stop the war with Afghanistan the same way. To hell with world opinion.

July 17, 2008 at 1:12 pm |
  15. pati mc., camp hill, pa

Hello Nic,

Thank goodness that the General is speaking out! I commend him for this and must say as well that this is the least that our military can do in light of the situation in Afghanistan/Pakistan.

If our young people are sitting ducks (which it is apparent tthat they are), risking their lives with what appears to be desperately little backup, then the least these men in charge can do is to be honest and open about it. Clearly we need to direct our attention to this issue and not soley concentate on the election scene.

Thank you Nic, for your informative piece. We hope to see more of you on 360. This subject needs more coverage. All the Best!

July 17, 2008 at 1:10 pm |
  16. Matt

This is just another shining example of the Bush administration not really carring about "terrorism" but instead pursuing it's own personal agenda of war profiteering among many other atrocities. By invading Iraq who had nothing to do with us being attacked nor any honest evidence of future attacks and ignoring Afghanistan, the eagles nest of those we accuse of the attacks, shows that the Bush administration could care less about the so called "terrorists" and more about their own personal financial agenda.
    Sincerely,
    a disabled veteran

July 17, 2008 at 1:10 pm |
  17. Mike

John Gibbons . . LOL . . . the only reason the GOP has refused to activate the draft is the fact they would be forced to cease and desist using our tax dollars and military's "compassion" to access other people's natural resources while at the same time drowning the democracy and oversight in a tub.

July 17, 2008 at 1:10 pm |
  18. Eddie

I agree with John, reinstate the draft. After high school for 2 years, or after college for the same. Too many other countries have been doing it for quite some time.

July 17, 2008 at 1:08 pm |
  19. Frankie 4 Fingers

The real problem is we lack focus or a true goal in Afganistan and Iraq. The Nato's refusal to sent more aid is proof that what we are doing in Afganistan and Iraq is not supported by the rest of the world. With the Taliban having the ability to simply attack and retreat to the safety of Pakastain we will never truely be effective in fighting these very determined and crafty fighters. With our help they drove the former Solviet Union out of their country and they will do the same with us, once we comes to terms with how utterly ineffective we are in this region.

July 17, 2008 at 1:08 pm |
  20. Jerz

John are you in the service? Have you ever been? I mean if you truly feel that way you should be in Iraq of Afghanistan right now. You think my friends and I should have to go fight in this war.. I would love to have you standing there by my side! Any comments?

If I am right, and I am thinking I am becasue I have never heard a single vet or current solider support the draft, I have the name and phone number of my boyfriends recruiter he would love to talk to you about joining!

July 17, 2008 at 1:06 pm |
  21. Chris

**Disclaimer***
    The following statement is my own opinion and in anydoes does not reflect on the opinions of the US Army, National Guard, or Reserves.
    *****************

To start off, I'm currently enlisted in the USAR and contemplating applying to get a commission. So I'm pretty familiar with the current system in place.

The draft would be a horrible idea, hands down. The primary reason is that all those young kids "without goals or directions" will not want to be in, nor will they benifit from being forced to be in. I've seen many that signed the paperwork volutarily to server and still no longer want to be in after learning what things are truly about. Most finish their contracts, some get removed in other, less honorable ( for lack of a better word) way.

The military is not, nor can it ever be for everyone so forcing someone to go is going to cause significantly more problems that it will help. Especiailly in this day and age with many deployments for active duty, national guard, and reservists alike.

It's nice to see some attention brought to the under-manned sections of the actions we have going on over seas but it's a deeper problem then just sending more soldiers over. It's taxing on families and soldiers to be sending them overseas as often as it's happening no matter how much they do enjoy being in the army.

July 17, 2008 at 1:06 pm |
  22. Jason

To John Gibbons, I'm sorry, but I don't want any draftees next to me when I'm out on patrol. People who don't want to be in a conflict don't care as much. I've seen people who say they want to be here (Iraq) and once they are here they change their minds, them they spend more time trying to not go out on patrols. They become a danger to everyone, so if you force a person to be in the military I'm afraid that I could end up with that kind of person, no I don't want a draft or a draftee next to me on patrol.

July 17, 2008 at 1:03 pm |
  23. KT

As a member of the military, John, I'd respectfully ask you rethink part of your comment–I don't think the draft should be reinstated as a means to help "young people walking around with no goals and no direction". Either they want the help or they don't–a forced maturity march should not be the job of the military. I have received many young folks whose parents told them to "join the military or else". They usually are the biggest projects. I don't really mind, but in combat, that might not be ideal.

BTW, thanks for the support for Equal Rights–I'm a fortunate receipient of the cause and appreciate all that went before me and allow me to serve as a female officer today.

July 17, 2008 at 1:02 pm |
  24. Juanita Williamson

Hello,...I am writting this in regaurds too our troops
    needing more MRAP's and additional military back up. I just said good bye to my son last friday. He is proudly serving in Afghanistan, Army Infantry. I see all over the news,..after that horriable attack that left 9 US Soldiers dead how they need better equipment and back up. What is going to be done about this ? How long will I be required
    to sit at home knowing my son is'nt in the best of best vehicals ? I seen what roadside bombs can do,..I've heard soldiers say,..them poor guys don't have a chance. I know the government can't move mountains,...I'm just asking them to please move equipment to give our troops a better fighting chance. I don't know exactly how it is done or by what commands,...however if thier is anything that we as civilians could do I'd really like to know. I am more than willing to sit here an write every person in the government,...if that would help. I feel useless,...my son is over thier,...and I know their needs,..however I am unsure,...If thier needs are really going to be addressed,...and even worse,..if they will be addressed before he steps into one of thoose vehicals thats worthless when hitting a roadside bomb,..How do you tell a mother thier child died,..because the goverment
    did'nt give them the best of best ?

July 17, 2008 at 1:02 pm |
  25. Nate

I believe like John does that if the draft is reinstated that it should be both men and women, however, I believe reinstating the draft is a bad idea. I do agree that there are many young people without direction yet, is forcing them to go serve and possibly die for their country really the best way to get them direction? My guess would be that John Gibbons here is probably not eligable to be drafted (I would be shocked if he was). How about the rest of us that are of draft age but have gone to college and are contributing to society, should we be forced to abandon our careers and our lives to serve? I believe that serving your country should be a choice, just like it was a choice by congress and the president to go to "war".

July 17, 2008 at 1:00 pm |
  26. M. Goindoo

Did Afghanistan attack us and I did not hear about it, come to think of it, I don't recall Iraq attacking the US either. I heard about a small bunch of lunatics who decided to hurt the innocent to keep us out of their business but todate I believe the ringleader of that group is still at large. Will the real terrorist please stand up. Our country is being destroyed from within by our own administration, we don't need terrorist to do anything, they are just sitting back and watching us do the job for them. Our children should not be in a place where they are being killed by people who don't want us in their country, so please as a mother of a US soldier, please bring our children and our future home. We will all pick up a weapon if someone dares to come to our shores to invade our land, but until that time, please bring our babies home to safety, until the time when it becomes really necessary to protect OUR FREEDOM!

Mother of a US Soldier, FL

July 17, 2008 at 1:00 pm |
  27. Melissa

I believe every American, no matter what race or gender should serve in the Military. If you look at other countries around the world it is required and the younger generations are becoming strong due to what the military can teach you about yourself. I agree with John. Young people have no goals and as parents we needed to instill into them they needed to be involved for one day they will run the USA. I have told my son, you don’t want to go to college, then you will join the military, no if or ands about it, he has no choice if he choose to live in my home and at 18, he damn sure can’t afford to live on his own.

Wife of a Retired Military Husband
    Melissa

July 17, 2008 at 12:59 pm |
  28. joe yarborough

First,and foremost let me say God Bless Our Troops! When we send your very best into the fray give them the best equipment, and enough manpower to fight.Any good military man knows this,Oops I forget that the politicans in Washington are in charge of this "War on Terror",not our generals.May God Help U.S. all,espically the ones doing all the fighting.

July 17, 2008 at 12:59 pm |
  29. Dianne Jefferson

My comment is to John Gibbons who supports reinstating the draft:

Are you willing to go John? Are you willing to send your wife and your daughter and your sister and your son?

Are you willing to be caregiver when your family member returns with a C-2 spinal injury or a blast to the head? Are you willing to spend hours feeding and dressing and driving to hospitals and clinics for treatment 5 times a week and fight for benefits from a government that spends 90 percent of its time finding ways to cut benefits.

Are you willing to watch the people that you love die for a cause that no one has yet defined?

July 17, 2008 at 12:48 pm |
  30. Bev C Town of Tonawanda, NY

It is soooo like these clowns in the White House today. Only they could allow the Taliban to regain their hold on Afghanistan. If only they had stayed there all along and left Iraq alone. . . Can't wait for January 2009!!!

July 17, 2008 at 12:46 pm |
  31. Josh

I completely disagree with you John. Maybe it's my bias of being a young college graduate with as you say 'no direction,' but I feel a reinstatement of the draft will do little to help the situation. Yes, it will add more troops to the battlefield, and yes, it will grant better coverage of the threatened supply routes, but an army of conscripted soldiers lacks the morale and enthusiasm of a traditionally trained force. Especially with this being an increasingly unpopular war, I feel a draft will only prompt more draft dodgers leaving for Canada (despite Canada's unprecedented deportation of an Iraq war dodger) and will thus further hurt the name and prestige of the United States Armed Forces. And as for your jaundice view of the youth of today, you must be a baby boomer or older by the sound of your own bias. Fact is, it's your generation's fault that Gen Y is directionless and lacking of goals as you say. Simply put, you guys have stalemated the economy and locked most younger people out of the jobs and economic status you enjoy. We know we will never be as affluent as your generations, and because the world seems to be going straight to hell under your unrelenting power-hold, any dreams and goals we have in life are promptly squashed. Rather than a draft, I propose we send troops stationed in allied countries into the battlezone. They are trained and paid for already with their own skills going to waste guarding naval bases in Japan (an ally), air bases in Germany, France, and Italy (all also allies). Just remember what happened last time we instated a draft. The similarities between the last draft and your proposed new draft are striking. Unpopular, unwinable wars, against enemies we cannot even count with national governments struggling to gain popularity over a people who at this point are just too tired and shellshocked to fight for themselves. Long story short, John, you are wrong in too many ways, and your view along with anyone else's ignorant view of the draft makes me sick to my stomach. Maybe you should go over there and fight if you're such a fan of drafting.

July 17, 2008 at 12:45 pm |
  32. Jay, Denver CO

Get over yourself... nobody cares about Afghanistan.

Just ask the President... he says things are fine and therefore they are.

July 17, 2008 at 12:44 pm |
  33. Annie Kate

Perhaps the shift in focus from Iraq to Afghanistan will eventually achieve the goal we set out to do after 9/11 in getting rid of the terrorists and making it difficult if not impossible for them to train en masse in any country. Our volunteer army is doing a fine job in the assignments they have been given and I'm sure they will continue to make us proud.

Annie Kate
    Birmingham AL

July 17, 2008 at 12:43 pm |
  34. Larry WI

Iraq seems to finally be getting to the point where we should be able to start withdrawing troops. It is imparative that we step up the pace in Afghanistan and hold our ground. Our military is spread pretty thin, due to not having a draft, and simply relying on volunters. Why in the world we ever stopped the draft is beyond me? Every capable US citizen we have should serve at least 3 yrs in active military service. Mandatory from the age of 18 to 21, whether or not we are involved in a conflict somewhere. Talk about building character, respect, values and in developing responsibility, no better way than the military. By reinstating the draft we would be adressing two problems, staffing our military and creating better, smarter individuals. The military has been instilled in, and a part of my family since the Civil War. Each generation has served, even my two son-in laws served, the oldest just retired from the Army after 35 yrs of service. i would like to haer what McCain and obama have to say on this issue.

July 17, 2008 at 12:32 pm |
  35. Mary

John – Reinstate the draft huh, are you volunteering?

July 17, 2008 at 12:31 pm |
  36. jeff

NATO needs to step up.

July 17, 2008 at 12:30 pm |
  37. Bob Easterbrooks

I have 3 sons in the Army. Two of them have already done a tour in Iraq. My oldest is going to Afganistan, and my youngest will deploy before April 09. This time I am really worried due to the lack of equipment and men there to do the job. Someone in the White House must step up and make Afganistan a top priority or it will turn into the mess of Iraq. Where is our Airforce ? and why arn't they playing a larger role in these wars ?

July 17, 2008 at 12:30 pm |
  38. Paul

I do not think we should reinstate the draft.

Some of us simply aren't capable of fighting in the war out there like the soldiers are. And thats not necessarily a bad thing, some of us just aren't going to be physically & mentally capable of fighting gun battles no matter what. or how you try and force them to be

Plus, I think shipping people off to fight i nthe war that aren't capable or ready for it is worse then not having enough troops

July 17, 2008 at 12:30 pm |
  39. joe

No draft for anyone just automatic service time

July 17, 2008 at 12:26 pm |
  40. Sharon Ray

I have just one thing to say. As a parent with a daughter in Afghanistan, every time I hear that more troops and more equipment is needed there I phisically get sick! It just is not right, it is inhumane to leave these soldiers under manned and under equiped. I feel as if Bush and his cronies could care less. You can be sure that if it was one of his family members there it would be a whole different ballgame. I have to wonder how he sleeps at night.

July 17, 2008 at 12:24 pm |
  41. Matt

John, the draft is not a means to give young people direction. The draft is only used for getting more troops when our military is running low on them. And what about those of us who do have goals and direction? What if I will never reach my goals because I am forced to go fight in a war that I do not want to fight in?

July 17, 2008 at 12:23 pm |
  42. Chuck Denny

Edit previous post;

Should have said " Let those soldiers know we are doing something for them at home!"

July 17, 2008 at 12:22 pm |
  43. Jarrell Southall

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains, and the women come out to cut up what remains, jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains and go to your gawd like a soldier.
    Rudyard Kipling

July 17, 2008 at 12:21 pm |
  44. joe

All folks graduating from school should be put in the service for 2yr'sthis way it might smarten them up to the way life is and gets them off the streets . I think this is the way to go with the kids today and the service could sure use them.

July 17, 2008 at 12:21 pm |
  45. Joe

Nic,
    Next time please be careful on how you use the name "Soldiers", please remember that not everybody serving in the arm forces is a soldiers.

July 17, 2008 at 12:21 pm |
  46. Adam T. San Antonio, TX

John, thats a good idea actually, it could only help. It would give the young misguided ones something to do other than stand on a corner and help them become productive. I am totally for redirecting troops into Afghan to help cover more terrain, for anyone thats been there knows its next to impossible to cover the area we would need to to be effective with the troop strengths that we have committed there ATM.

July 17, 2008 at 12:20 pm |
  47. Quincy

What if our full attention was on Afghanistan rather than split between Iraq and Afghanistan, could it be that the latter war would be over and our troops at home and tax dollars spent more wisely?

July 17, 2008 at 12:19 pm |
  48. CARLOS

thank mr. bush for invading a country that had nothing to do with the real threat, we should of been done with afghanistan 3years ago!!
    the bush legacy continues...

one mad army ranger
    R.L.T.W.

July 17, 2008 at 12:17 pm |
  49. john Kuzma

As a former officer, who has a large number of friends in both areas this goes back to the peace dividend that cause the military to draw down through the late 1980s and after the first gulf war. Nato hasn't been putting more troops into Afganistan because its not politically
    survivable in Europe. So alot of are allies that we have supported thoughout the last half century have short memories when it comes to stepping up to the plate. All I can say is the men and women that wear are uniform are the hero's. I hope this works out with more troops being sent into Afganistan. And I feel bad I can't be there leading the finest men and women in this country.

I hope the rest of this country gets some clue about the world other then their own little fantasy's

July 17, 2008 at 12:14 pm |
  50. Kevin - North Brunswick - NJ

I agree with John and the Draft. I will be 57 this August and I served at a time when there was a Draft (lottery). Vietnam was my day and it became the reason the Draft ended shortly after my discharge. It appears that Irag has become a similar quagmire and will be the reason we will not have a Draft anytime in the near future.

July 17, 2008 at 12:13 pm |