July 8th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 7/8/08

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Erica is off tonight but Randi Kaye will be filling in for her on the air and on the blog.

Be sure to check out Anderson and Randi on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

We’ll start posting comments to this blog at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Sara.Ro

Good show tonight and fashionable. The interview with Obama's girls was really cute.

July 8, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  2. CaseyJPS

I think Anderson and Randi should do that dance right now! Thank you for a great conversation. Please keep joining us, David Gergen! Happy trails to you......

July 8, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  3. Genevieve M, TX

I agree that it would be funny to have the guy dancing in the studio while you all broadcasting. 🙂

July 8, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  4. Jolene

Excellent idea Randi! Get the dancing dude to come on 360! But then, Anderson would have to join in.....ha!

Good show and discussion as usual. Nite all!

July 8, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  5. Cynthia

A great night of blogging. Good night Randi, Anderson, David & everyone.

July 8, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  6. Joe

I personally think this kid is causing trouble. I don't believe the military is craming religion down anyone's throat. It seems Christianity is fair game for attacks. A war on Christianity.

July 8, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  7. Megan Dresslar

Whoa! wow! that is bad for him to stole money from ATM!!!!!! I hope he will be caught soon!
    Good night Anderson, Randi, David and best bloggers!
    Have a good night!!!!!! Sleep tight!!!!!! 🙂
    See you tomorrow night same time!
    I have seen him on video the shot! that is so cool dance in the world!

July 8, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  8. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Good Tuesday evening. Dancing into fifteen minutes of fame..Where's Access Hollywood when you need them..Night All

July 8, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  9. Phil Kralik

The US Constitution clearly gives all americans freedom of religion, isn't the Constitution the backbone of what the US Military fights for??

July 8, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  10. Kathy, Chicago

Nooo, the dancing guy reminds me of the tae-bo guy my daughter has decided we should work out to. Please, no more! Night all.

July 8, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  11. Cynthia

I believe and wish that everyone did but would never try and force anything on anyone – and neither should the military.

July 8, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  12. Teresa, Oh

I wish someone would PROVE to Jeremy why he should believe in God.

Hang tough Jeremy, you are in the right. No one should dare tell you what to believe or try to intimidate you .

July 8, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  13. Bonnie/St. Louis

When my son was in high school, he applied to the Naval Academy and in the interview he had with our congressman's representatives he was asked what religion he was and did he attend church.

July 8, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  14. Kimberly

Military members are so accustomed to doing everything together that an individual choosing to do or not do something on their own initiative can seem threatening to the group.

July 8, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  15. JAKE

As a Veteran I can assure you that the military does not use religion as a leveraging point for power or manipulation. Maybe some of you should serve before you make such comments.

July 8, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  16. Dawn

Enjoyed blogging with everyone. Interesting comments as always. Until next time. Good Night all!!

July 8, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  17. Kimether - Atlanta, GA

I love the dancing guy! I saw him on the web awhile back. We need silly things like this to bring a smile to our faces. 🙂

July 8, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  18. Norma

Keeping religon out of the military is a must. The truth about the military is they are basically trained to kill.
    Thats why they are the best.

July 8, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  19. Jacqui Chan

this is just 1 more disturbing fact about how our soldiers are treated.
    this negative treatment obviously applies to jewish, muslim or any other non-Christians.
    If someone wants to risk everything to fight and protect our country I don't care if he/she is a devil worshiper

July 8, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  20. Heather

So do officers that are Jewish or Catholic or any other religion get the same treatment as this soldier? What happened to the right to religion?

July 8, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  21. Kathy, Chicago

Yikes, faith isn't something that you can force on someone. It should come from heart and soul. The young man should go forward with his suit.

July 8, 2008 at 10:53 pm |