Today, I spotted some stories that could actually affect your life:
- For starters, sunscreen.. it's supposed to be THE summer accessory, right. But what if we’ve all been misled?! While I would look much better tan instead of my usual pasty white/pink, I also want to minimize my chances for skin cancer… and I’m not so into premature aging. Now we hear four out of five sunscreens don’t protect they way they promised to, and some could actually harm your skin. Don’t throw your SPF out the window, but you may want to give this one a closer look.
- Have you ever been so embarassed you just wanted to disappear? I have, believe me.. So how would you like a geniune Harry Potter invisibility cloak – FOR REAL! Sorta.
- Got children? Get this: in Missouri, the governor signs a bill to outlaw cyber bullying. In 2006, 13-year-old Megan Meier killed herself after being harassed online. Cyber bullying has all the makings of an epidemic, but the worst part is how tough it can be for parents to spot it and stop it.
- And for those of you with younger children, wondering what they REALLY think of the books you buy, check out the book review - by kids.
And stories that make me go “hmm”…
- Happy Birthday, Nelson Mandela … for your gift from the US, how about we take you off the terrorist watch list? Yup, he was on it until today, along other members of the African National Congress. Why? Because they fought apartheid. I know, crazy – here’s the full story.
- The military death toll in Afghanistan surpasses that in Iraq for the second straight month. Civilian deaths in Afghanistan are also on the rise, according to the UN, as the Taliban and insurgents step up attacks. Where is all this headed?