June 24th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 6/24/08

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Be sure to check out Anderson and Erica on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

We’ll start posting comments to this blog at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Hannah Storm

I am an evangelical and vote for Obama

June 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  2. Tracey - Boston

This country has separation of church and state...the church is not telling the government what to do

June 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  3. MaryBeth

Wow! I'm actually agreeing with Sharpton. We are NOT a theocracy, he is right. He's actually being logical....

June 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  4. Gregoris Georgiou

It is essential for Obama to help out senator Hillary. I think it iIs the right think as many from both sides did in the past. I remember when Hillary helped our a governor running for president pay off his debt.

June 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  5. Gary

Are you all suggesting that Dobson doesn't have a right to express his views...Is the right to free speech reserved only for liberals?

June 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  6. Cindy

MaryBeth...we say that but it has never ever been that way!!

Cindy..Ga.

June 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  7. Jolene

Whew....the bloggers are cynical tonight! I may not be a big fan of those on the panel tonight but it's always interesting to hear what they have to say.

June 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  8. Lamar Stone

Keep religion in church!

Keep politics in the statehouse!

enough said!

June 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm |
  9. Ken

The Clintons have made something like 100 million dollars since Bill
    left office. Why can't they pay off their own debt?

June 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  10. Tracey - Boston

Go to the Supreme court and see what you find...the ten commandments itched in stone at the doorway, moses in marble

June 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  11. kim-chicago

Morality is NOT religion...morality is of all religions and all faiths.

June 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  12. Cindy

Obama is fooling himself if he thinks the evangelicals will vote for him!

Cindy...Ga.

June 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  13. Lyann, Colorado Springs

Doesnt just about everyone have their own interpretation of the bible? And how can Dobson determine what any other person believes, and who gave him the right to judge anyone's religous values? I thought that was GOD's job!

June 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  14. David NC

Obama re leaving some of Hillary's debt is the right thing to do, however her campaign finances were a disaster. Sure she will have to take a hit on some of what she put into her campaign, but there should be some accountability from her advisers.

June 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  15. Nekol Dusek

i have been an obama supporter from the start........and i really dont understand how paying off her debt, brings the party together, i have contributed to the obama campaign .... not the payoff poor hilary for staying in the race too long campaign..

June 24, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  16. Max, Dallas, TX

Ugh, Dobson. To echo the late great George Carlin, didn't Jesus leave instructions on how his followers should occupy their time? As in, doing GOOD instead of attacking people with false and poorly constructed claims?
    All these "religious right" leaders, people self-proclaimed as "close" to christ are so often... terrible, hurtful people.
    I don't expect this comment to make the cut, but it felt good to get out.

June 24, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  17. KELLY ANN, north jersey

Obama has a 12% lead over McCain.... and asking his top supporters to help Clinton out with the debt. So amazing!! =]]

June 24, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  18. Cynthia

There are some lively people on the blog tonight. It should be very interesting

June 24, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  19. MaryBeth

Cindy: the point is leaders should not let their religion dictate political actions. That's part of the reason we left England. We need pure separation of church and state.

June 24, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  20. Steve

I am a future pastor and have no problems with anything Obama is quoted as saying

June 24, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  21. Claire

Obama is right, thought, people have used the Bible to justify slavery and much more. It's open to interpretation by everyone. Besides, in the end, here in America there is supposed to be a separation of church and state. Not everyone is a Christian here in the US anyway.

June 24, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  22. Vickie

I hear you EJ, So True!!

June 24, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  23. Shannon

I think James Dobson is feeling left out this cycle and really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this "new" argument.

June 24, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  24. Kathy, Chicago

Most of the people in my religious studies class refer to Obama as a false prophet. i think that is a little over the top.

June 24, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  25. Maureen T

Good evening all! An interesting show so far!

June 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  26. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Are you kidding? We are supposed to believe that we are getting the truth from Al Sharpton and Roland Martin?

June 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  27. Megan Dresslar

Hmmm, I wonder If Obama talking about bible policy, Why James Dobson accused Obama tonight?

June 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  28. Cynthia

Mike, its obvious you don't support him. I gathered that a long time ago from reading your blog. But, as I told you the other night – that's the great thing about America – we are all entitled to our opinion and our vote.

June 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  29. MaryBeth

Why is it "usual" for the winning candidate to pay off the losing candidate's debt? Is this some sort of "campaign reparations"? The winning candidate saying "sorry I beat you, let pay your bills?"

June 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  30. jacqueline

Fine, let him pay off her debt with his own money, if he wants to. LOCO! LOCO! But how dare he ask the public to pay off her debt. Let her supporters bail out. Maybe I should ask her to pay off mine.

June 24, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  31. Hannah Storm

I am an evangelical Christian and I think what James Dobson today was just completely insane. When did he become a biblical scholar??? Did he even study theology?

June 24, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  32. Cindy

Every politician and President has made decisions for this country based on their religion and beliefs. If Obama doesn't think that he needs to get real!

Cindy...Ga.

June 24, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  33. Casey

We have to have separation of church and state. Period.

June 24, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  34. Laylah

I like Dr. Dobson and his focus on the family movement, but I think he was rather harsh and mean regarding his comments on Senator Obama.

June 24, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  35. Lyann, Colorado Springs

I agree with Stacy....Imus is never gonna smarten up and keep his mouth in check...lets not give him any more attention.

June 24, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  36. Karen--Leesburg, VA

Hi Anderson, Erica and Bloggers! Helping Hillary pay off her campaign debt is actually a pretty civilized thing to do in political terms–that and savvy Quid Pro Quo.

June 24, 2008 at 10:15 pm |
  37. Vickie

Hey Anderson and Erica,
    Of course Obama should pay off her debt, he needs her voters and this is a show of unity and acceptance that Hillary is a force to be reckoned with and her voters are not easily swayed by his "sweet talk: about Hillary's accomplishments

June 24, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  38. Shannon

Mike, we get it you don't like Obama. This doesn't make what you say true. Obama has changed his mind very few times compared to the flip flops by McCain.

June 24, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  39. Lou

Dr, Dobson and fruitcakes in the same sentence hmmmm

June 24, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  40. Mike, Syracuse, NY

Cynthia, I think some of Hillary's supporters won't vote for Obama because they know he's not qualified. They are being Americans first, Democrats second.

June 24, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  41. EJ (USA)

Anderson says "As always, I'm blogging throughout the hour"

He should say "As always, I say that I am blogging but I only usually say hi & bye once a week since I got called on using the "my computer is broken" excuse too many times and I wouldn't mind if they got rid of this live blogging thing because its just another thing to add to my already hectic day!"

June 24, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  42. debbie flizack

pay off hilary's debt? no one paid off my debt..this is kinda like a day at the casino's...everything is on chance..i am appalled....

June 24, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  43. Cynthia

Mike, you want to talk about changing their postion. Senator McCain has changed his so often or can't remember I'm not really sure what he stands for.

June 24, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  44. Kathy S

He's just asking his supporters to help her. He isn't using any money that has been given to him.
    If he can get them to give her money, good for him.
    He still has to win her supporters on his merits. Doubt that helping with her debt will sway anyone.

June 24, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  45. liz

Great Work Candy, I wonder how Sen Clinton will climb her way out of the campaign debt.

June 24, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  46. Stacy

Ugh, more Imus? Can't we just ignore him? I'm sure there are better things to talk about.

June 24, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  47. Tiffany (San Diego)

I agree Jo Ann. For me, when it comes to politics the word "nice" doesn't come to mind.

June 24, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  48. Mariolynn

I think Obama should stay the hell away from Hilary , I dont trust her.

June 24, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  49. Julliet

Guys this is politics, if it takes Obama's help to pay off Hillary's debt to win the GE, you bet he will do it.

June 24, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  50. Lou

I guess Barrack is asking his supporters to pay off her debt so her supporters will support him

June 24, 2008 at 10:12 pm |