June 23rd, 2008

360° Radar for June 24th

Lisa Ort

AC360° Producer

Here’s a look at what’s on the radar for tomorrow…

·        Don Imus: We’ll be listening to Don Imus’ radio show to hear him explain his comment about Adam "Pacman" Jones.  Imus told the New York Times he “meant he was being picked on because he’s black.’’  Will he say the same thing on air tomorrow?  And will that explanation be accepted?

·        Flooding in the Midwest: The water is still well above the banks of the upper Mississippi River, but residents of flooded towns and those protected by levees and sandbags can see an ending.  The river is cresting. But folks in Winfield, Missouri, and Grafton, Illinois, will have to wait a little longer, as forecasters said the river would crest there on Wednesday.

·        Raw politics: Sen. John McCain will be in Santa Barbara tomorrow talking about the environment.  Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger will be there too.  He’s a McCain supporter but the two men disagree on off shore drilling.  Sen. Barack Obama will be in Las Vegas where he’ll be talking about energy issues.

·         Crime and Punishment: Helen Golay is set to be sentenced tomorrow.  She’s 77 years old and convicted of murdering two homeless men in a plot to collect $2.8 million in life insurance.  Golay's faces a potential sentence of life in prison without possibility of parole.

Filed under: 360° Radar
  1. Marjorie

I believe that Imus was actually trying to practice restraint. He freely spoke his mind about what type of people associate themselves with the club scene. He then asked the calculated question about Pac Man's race which confirmed his previous inferences. He is methodical in a sense that he felt that he provided himself an out. In the event that his comments stirred up the much needed air time with the press he would merely state that he meant to defend him but failed to do so. The interesting thing will be to see what his sponsors reaction will be as far as the disciplinary they take. He will probably get fined or briefly reprimanded but his ratings will go up because people will want to listen in attempts to catch him saying sketchy comments. This will enable him to continue to be a carcinogen in our society.

June 24, 2008 at 8:34 am |
  2. Michelle

The irony is MSNBC took Imus off TV and replaced him with 2 of of the biggest bigots in the world . Joe Scarborough and Pat Buchanan . Totally disgusting arrogant jerks . Until they are GONE, hey Imus can say whatever he wants

June 24, 2008 at 6:45 am |
  3. Maryhelen Hudson, WA

Bush has taken our society back fifty years. It's okay to be prejudiced as Don Iman desmonstrates. Women are, again, back to being child bearers only. So we have the situation in Gloucester. Abstinence only is insane. There's a ray of hope that our free society can be restored when Bush is gone.

June 24, 2008 at 6:16 am |
  4. Shelly Taylor

Anderson, thanks for talking about Imus AGAIN. Ignorance may be bliss, but Imus is neither. He knows exactly what he is doing and will continue to do so as long as he can get away with it. They probably won't fire him, because this station hires a number of interesting individuals. Our best bet is to boycott.

What concerns me is the number of people who don't see how racist Imus is. If he had said this about a white guy the phones would be ringing off the hook! Sometimes he says things "kind of funny" is right, kind of racist is more to the point. If they weren't in his head, they wouldn't come out of his mouth.

Apparently those who miss his show don't realize he's on another station! Those of us who don't miss him make sure we don't tune in. I would encourage a total boycott of the station, in which I and my friends are already engaging. We are sick of his excuses.
    Yeah, we saw his so called "race relations pieces" and weren't impressed.

June 24, 2008 at 6:10 am |
  5. Dave

This world is way too thin skinned. Get a life AC.

June 24, 2008 at 5:43 am |
  6. Carolyn Correll

DON IMAS this is not 1960, what are you thinking? Have you not learned a thing???? YOU have no business on the air. By the way I am a 60 year old white woman and I can't imagine this behavior still going on. Did you not see what happened to those Young Black kids back in the south and the suffering so many black people have had to deal with over the years due to the color of their skin. We are a better American than back then and you still act like a lot of uneducated idiots that bring up racial issues in a negative way and it sickens me inside!!!!!!!. SHAME on you. We are going to have a Black President and we sure can figure out who you won't be voting for!!!! I hope you loose your job for good this time. You are a shame and disgrace to white race with those hateful ways. WE are not all idiots! GET real, we are all the same on the inside. We just have different colors that does not mean we are less of a human just because of the color of the skin. I guess you would be one of those idiots who will buy the "Obama Doll". Shame on all you people no matter what the color if you think we are different. We should imbrace each other with love and kindness. Why hate just for someones skin color????? OH MY GOODNESS get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 24, 2008 at 4:44 am |
  7. Vicki

I heard when my husband & I watched your show, as we do almost every night, that you were going to talk about Imus instead of one of our legendary comic geniuses of any time that had just passed away, George Carlin. I was very upset by this to say the least.

George Carlin was an amazing performer. To be "upstaged" by someone who probably just said what he did say to try to get some more PR, it has been a while hasn't it?, is, well, a word that I cannot write here.

Why, in any situation anyone, ANYONE, would even care what Imus is doing or saying at this point in time, is beyond me.

What you are doing, by taking time away from George Carlin, is beyond me also.

Hopefully you are only doing this so you can devote more time to George who so deserves it. He deserves so much more than the 1-3 minutes most have given him. After all, he gave 40 years of his life to us, making us laugh, upsetting old boundaries and making sure that there literally weren't new ones. He was a great comedian, who opened doors to so many others. A legend in his own time.

He deserves so much better from you.

Thank you.

June 24, 2008 at 4:38 am |
  8. Eric

Is anyone suprised by the stupidity of Imus?! He knows that Adam Jones is Black! He (Imus) has simply accomplished his objective of us exchanging dialogue about his latest act of moronic behavior. Congrats you fed into his venemous trap! It will be interesting what ABC has to say about this. Will they sit on their hands satisfied with their ratings share or will they have a strike of moral conscience? What do you think?

June 24, 2008 at 3:09 am |
  9. Cesar

WHO CARES what that burn out Imus has to say anymore? It's an obvious desperate attempt at a publicity stunt and CNN is more than happy to provide it to them. What a joke TV news is these days.

Why don't you report on real news like how House Concurrent Resolution 362 is getting so may co-sponsors when it specifically instructs our military to blockade refined gasoline from getting into Iran???

How exactly is Iran supposed to respond to such a move? Does anyone care that our Congress is now engaging in the same war mongering type activity that they ridicule President Bush for? Does anyone bother to think of what the consequences would be for us having to pay $10/gallon for gas?

No of course not. Not when we have really important issues like Imus' ignorant comments or some idiot teenage girls and some ridiculous pregnancy pact.

Is there anyone left in the US media that has any kind intregrity anymore???????????????? Here we are about to get a bill passed that will instruct us to engage in a blatant act of war that could possibly trigger WWIII and nobody is noticing. Unbelievable!

June 24, 2008 at 3:01 am |
  10. Ahmed Erakat

I am not a fan of Don Imus and think he should have never been brought back to the air. However, I suppose I am one of the few that actually believes him in regards to his latest comment concerning Jones. In listening to his comment in context via AC360 it was clear that he was indeed defending the very precarious nature for which being in a night club these days could allow. He then followed that by making a point about Jones's race to further prove his point that had it been a white person in the same situation, there would not have been a story.

Sure, perhaps he should not have asked the color question at all given his past, but maybe he's come back changed and wanted to prove himself a concerned citizen when it comes to race and law enforcement in America.

June 24, 2008 at 2:31 am |
  11. Naissa, TX

Hey Anderson.
    Howdy Bloggers.

Anderson, tonight, the Planet in Peril section pertained to sharks, and I was so excited! I adore sharks and am doing what I can to help conserve ocean life, and I wish you would have stated your opinion on what you felt about the shark hunt, etc. I was really looking forward to your response on the barbaric slaughter of these magnificent sea inhabitants.

Can't wait for the second edition of PIP!

Take care!

June 24, 2008 at 2:29 am |
  12. Ali

Hi All..here is one thing that all of you miss time after time. Don Imus did not know the guy,never met him,never read about him, so he was making a judgement only based on a few word from the other guy, Most Americans "god bless us all" including Anderson and other jurnalists do the same only based on words spoken by people with an agenda. Most can't find Iran on the map,never heard the president speak,yet he is a terrorist,he is brainless and many other words.That goes for many others native or foreigner.We all pass these judgements only based on rumors or so called talking points. Don't believe all you hear.
    Ask for proof, do your research, HOLD THE PRESS responsible to expose the truth no matter how bitter. Case in Point I promise you Pat only knows two sentences from each Sharpton And Jackson.

June 24, 2008 at 2:01 am |
  13. Cheyenne

I really think the media is giving Don Imus WAY too much credit for his comments. It's clear he wants the attention. It gets him new listeners. "What's that shock jock going to say now?". I was just completely annoyed with the media's obsession over his comments because I really CAN care less about what a neanderthal such as imus is saying or what his opinions are.

And Al Sharpton is no better. He obviously wants the attention as well.

I just can't stand either of them.

June 24, 2008 at 2:00 am |
  14. Max - Cincinnati

If Don Imus were to say the pledge to the flag, someone could find something racist in his words. Naturally the news folks analyze every word that comes out of his mouth, trying to come up with yesterday's big deal. Then the two biggest racist's in the country, Al and Jessie, are always ready to pounce – without a TV camera to run to, they wouldn't be needed. I've watched Don Imus for many years, he certainly is not a racist. He built a Ranch out west to give kids with cancer a two week experience of accomplishment. And, if one of those kids loses their battle sometime in the future, Don attends their funeral. He raises large sums of money for a hospital in New York, has a wing named after him. So, yes, some of his humor is taken out of context and as soon as someone wants to slam him, there are lots of people who want to jump on the band wagon, most probably don't even know him. And I'm sure we're waiting to hear from Sharpton to confirm this was a racist remark. What a judge.

June 24, 2008 at 1:41 am |
  15. Nan Howkins

Anderson;

As a US citizen, I am VERY alarmed aT how our President appears to have little or no compassion for the people who are suffering terrible losses in our country. Mr. Bush seemed to have delayed and little reaction after Catrina, continues to do so and now is not reacting appropriately in the midwest and appears to be failing to show emotion once again. Could you imagine Presidents Reagan, Kennedy, Carter, Bush the First, or even Clinton reacting in the same spineless way?

Nan Howkins, Ridgefield Connecicut

June 24, 2008 at 1:39 am |
  16. rick beaty

I feel bad for the all of the flood victims in the midwest. However, I just saw a story on your show about flood victims blaming FEMA for them not having flood insurance on their homes. One of the worst things happening in our country is that individuals are always looking to blame the government for their problems. What happened to personal responsiblity? If you live near any lakes or rivers that might ever flood, buy flood insurance, dont wait for FEMA or your mortgage company to tell you have to buy it, go buy it to protect your family. While I am at it, same thing with people blaming their mortgage company for them having a 1% loan and they didnt know it was a bad loan...come on, are you kidding me?

June 24, 2008 at 1:17 am |
  17. Lauren L

This is so ridiculous. I think Imus is doing it as a publicity stunt. He is either extremely stupid, or in need of some attention from the public. Either way, he just makes me sad. On the other hand, I think it is silly that the media makes a huge deal about this. He has freedom of speech. Just because he may say things that seem crude does not mean everyone will be pleased with it. They can turn the channel.

His stereotyping of people based on race is also part of the character he plays on his show. It is hard to tell if he just slipped up as a racist. or if he did it to get a rise out of people. It would be interesting to learn more about his childhood and how it could have shaped his prejudice against blacks.

June 24, 2008 at 12:03 am |
  18. gayla desoto

AC your a great addition to TV, i always look forward for what you do daily. As for Don Imus, why dont he just go away from raido and TV. it will happen again and again. thanks Gayla

June 23, 2008 at 11:58 pm |
  19. Chelo

No way can he get out of this one. Why did he ask what color he was to begin with? That question alone shows Imus' true colors.

June 23, 2008 at 11:54 pm |
  20. donna

Don Imus is brash, but he said NOTHING wrong, and said nothing I may have said, and I might also ask if the kid was smaller and being bullied and. is he wiite or black. ahhhhhh their is the problem.

just because he is not my cup of tea. He is innocent ( da )

June 23, 2008 at 11:54 pm |
  21. keith(FL)

wow what a moron . i mean he just got his foot out of his mouth a few months ago and now its right back in it.

June 23, 2008 at 11:45 pm |
  22. Dave - Edgewood

What happened to my comment last night? It was logged for a minute and then taken off the blog. I was plainly stating a fact that is verifiable about arrests made among professional athletes. The comment made by Imus is typical in our society because of the percentages among black and white athletes who get arrested. I clearly stated that the Cincinnati Bengals have had 15 arrest and 14 have been black athletes and 1 has been white. What's wrong with stating a fact. I think it would behoove professional and non-professional persons to heed Bill Cosby's advice.
    Let someone do a survey of athletes who have been arrested and see the percentages of our racial make-up. That's why Imus's comment wasn't made out in "left field" or hard to understand his rationale.

June 23, 2008 at 11:43 pm |
  23. Lana D.

Diana Wrote:

June 23rd, 2008 11:00 pm ET

"I am not a fan of Don Imus, but After what happened in the Black churches across America, I just can not see why we are talking about this. Mrs Obama calls us whitties, and she wants to be the first lady. I do not see her loosing her job. WOW…. what a double standard. Is this what we have to look for if Obama is elected."

Everyone look, this is what fear and ignorance looks like! Are you sure you're watching the same news stations we are!? Stick with CNN missy! First, please tell us where you saw this tape of Mrs. Obama using that type of language. Second, when is the last time you've been to one of these "Black Churches across America?" Don't let the media fool you into thinking all (Black) churches are like that. Third, what does Imus' idiotic comments have anything to do with the race for the White House??? I pray for Obama every day because of people like you that don't know any better and are close minded. Thanks for posting, now I'll pray for you too! Please open your mind because Change is Comming! 🙂

June 23, 2008 at 11:42 pm |
  24. Julliet

Hi guys, is someone at 360 going to look into McCain's comment about not being in love with his country till he was deprived of it? We all jumped over the Ms Obama comment about not being proud of my country. Here is a candidate himself saying it and I am waiting to see when cnn does decide to do something about it. Maybe cnn is waiting for camp Obama to make it an issue. They may not, it is the role of the media to bring such things to the public's notice.

June 23, 2008 at 11:41 pm |
  25. Pat

Anderson leave Don Imus alone. He said nothing wrong. You people are trying to start a race war. I miss Don Imus show very much as well as Dog the bounty hunter. I am white and I have had many comments made to me by black people such as "white trash" "White Flight"
    and the list goes on. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson are far from being role models they are just two people with a big mouth over nothing.

June 23, 2008 at 11:26 pm |
  26. John Mandeng

Hi Anderson!

Thanks for the great job....ever since watching you reporting from Iraq....I've been a behind the scene fan!

Comment: As a devoted catholic christian, I can only pray for the people affected by the flood...however let's not forget that the Bible has been clear all along.....what we are seeing is only the result of the immoral behaviors in which people have been engaged into. From the quatkes in China (abortion), to New Orleans (Prosttituion and depravation), from Asia (natural catastrophes due same reasons) to wild fires in CA (Sodom and Gomorhea, allo?). Please say somthng about this or at least bring the debate to the table!

John Mandeng

June 23, 2008 at 11:17 pm |
  27. ms l ba,ok

imus your brain is fried,give up and retire..........please.

June 23, 2008 at 11:16 pm |
  28. Lana D.

Why did he have to ask what race the guy was? It seems to me that he's always the FIRST one to pull the "race card." No one else. So before anyone starts blaming Al Sharpton ect.., one should first look at the root of the situations. I'm starting to detect a pattern with Imus and wonder if it's even possible for him to leave the topic of race alone? My advice–he should since he's so clumsy with it!

June 23, 2008 at 11:08 pm |
  29. Carrie

I watched the IMUS show this morning and saw the conversation that is being blown to ridiculous proportion. Imus is an entertainer and continues the conversation about race and relations I wish that the commentators that were on the AC360 show this evening (that readily admitted that they had not seen the show) had watched Imus since his new show began. An amazing dialogue has been underway about race relations in American on Imus' show. Watch the show just not with one comments out of context.

June 23, 2008 at 11:08 pm |
  30. Rascal

Tell me something, Anderson......as an intelligent man, what do you think is "worse?" What Don Imus had to say today about a Black Man, or, what the "journalists" and "pundits" on CNN had to say about Hillary Clinton......the first woman to run for President, ever.....all of these months?? How terribly they berated her, constantly, and it was so obvious.....every single minute of it. So, how can CNN or "any" of the media even talk about Imus, when they, themselves, have been guilty of doing the exact same "type" of thing........only with Hillary Clinton it was complete and utter "sexism" all the way?

Is there a "difference" Anderson, do you really think? I don't. So......CNN and the others have NO right to criticize Imus, when they, themselves, did such a "hack job" on a person who would have been and made a wonderful President of this Country. But, I suppose, ignorance is bliss. Which is worse, Anderson.....Racism or Sexism?

Rascal
    Maine

June 23, 2008 at 11:07 pm |
  31. Bob LeDonne

For years, blacks have complained with good reason that cops are always picking on blacks because they're black. Now, here's a guy who's been arrested six times by the cops in the past three years, and Imus figures that's a lot of times, so he ask about his color.

Werner says the guy is black.

Well, says Imus, that explains it.

But the two guests ignore the six arrests and focus on Imus's question about color. We are told Imus is once again revealing his true colors.

I, for one, am just sick and tired of the reverse racism by these pious, pompous media nutcakes who keep fanning the flames and dividing us further,

In Bill Clinton's immortal words, give me a break!

Us white honkies just can't win with this year's crop of media nutcakes!

June 23, 2008 at 11:03 pm |
  32. sunshine

I must say I thought we had freedom of speech. I do not like what Imus said but this is a reality we have to face. This man has his own show, I believe he is entitled to have opinions that are not in liking with everyone. This is why we must embrace our differences. I know black people who have said things about white people. I know puerto rican people who say things about black people and white people. I know vietnamese people who have said things about black and white people etc.etc. We have to get over it. We have to realize we are all human with flaws. He needs to be counseled, not fired. I am an african american female and I did not agree with him being fired. I do not like what he said but we have to realize this is the real world. People are not always as nice as they should be. To act like people don't have these feelings is ludicrous. We must start to have dialogue. This is why we have so many closet racists. Let's address these feelings head on. It's unfortunate what he said BUT that is how he felt. It's taboo to address race, when the reality is so many many people do. Let's talk, even laugh about our differences. All though many did not agree with reverend Wright he said something very important "Different is not deficient".

June 23, 2008 at 11:02 pm |
  33. Marcus

I think this Don Imus thing could not have come at a worst time at this stage for Sen. Obama. The last thing we need is a battle of the races. And with Al Sharpton getting involved can only mean a further separation of the races and in the end, Imus will still be working, and Obama will lose the white support and the election. Sen. McCain should send Imus a big thank you note.

June 23, 2008 at 11:01 pm |
  34. Diana

I am not a fan of Don Imus, but After what happened in the Black churches across America, I just can not see why we are talking about this. Mrs Obama calls us whitties, and she wants to be the first lady. I do not see her loosing her job. WOW.... what a double standard. Is this what we have to look for if Obama is elected.

June 23, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  35. Loretta from California

Hi Anderson,

Looking forward to hearing more on Imus. Like my grandmother once said, "If racism is in you, at some point it will surface." So I'm not surprised that he is struggling to contain it.

June 23, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  36. luann agro

don imus is not a racist....he meant the remark to help the guy.....many times he says things in a strange kind of way. i have often thought many of his remarks could be taken 2 ways.sometimes it has worried me because i like him and if you are not used to his ways ,you might take him the wrong way.al sharpton needs to get a life and let imus continue with his good works for children of all colors!!!!!

June 23, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  37. Tom M

Oh, pleeeez.

Are we once again going to see the media luminati wrap themselves in hypocritical sanctimony over Don Imus? Watching Michael Medved piously intone on Imus's remarks about Pac Man Jones made me wretch.

Imus has the gonads to say what a lot of other people are thinking. That is why he is so popular. The hypocrisy and cowardice riot that took place after the Rutgers comment was pitiful to watch.

June 23, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  38. Wilson

Not that it matters or anything, but, I'm a black guy and I gotta tell you, even in my most negative view of Don Imus I would NOT consider him racist. At ALL. Now The Grease Man (Doug "The Greaseman" Tracht), who plays out on DC 101 and has been fired several times, is a proven racist and an offensive person in general. Imus is just a typically stupid guy, just like me, or anyone else, and although he should be beholden to the same political correctness of media personalities like the well-coifed AC, in this day and age I refuse to get angry about a comment that could have just as easily been interpreted as a defense of PacMan based on race. Still a stupid statement, probably even more so in that light, but Imus isn't winning a Nobel any time soon. Get off his back.

June 23, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  39. ronald

so how many times does the establishment give this guy to prove he is a racist. all us black folks already know it. but the media keeps allowing him to talk this trash publicly and pay him millions of dollare to do it. this guy is a true idiot

June 23, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  40. Karen Zabatta

Do you really think that Don Imus would actually make that mistake again? Tell me, why should Al Sharpton have to comment on everything! Next, Jesse Jackson will be on the bandwagon. I did see the clip tonite and I do have to agree that Imus should have made it clear of what he meant at the time of broadcast, but I honestly think that this smart, intelligent man would never risk it all.

June 23, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  41. Gerald J Maynard

I listened to the misinterpretation of Imus response on AC360 by people who have a vested interest in their pandering response. I spent more than 35 years providing talk therapy to people in mental health and family service settings. I learned to listen to the WHOLE message which includes non-verbal aspects. I knew what Imus meant before he stated it. Many believe that Jones received outrageous treatment from the TN Titans. That he behaved in problematic ways within the team framework was a clear issue for the Titans but their response for the incident – – which is what I heard in Imus' comments

June 23, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  42. David Osano

The comment that Don Imus made was obviously racial. And there is no defense towards what he meant by it. first he called called the African American girls from that basketball team "nappy headed" and now he says "what color is he?" its obvious he does not like black people his choice of words on national broadcast. Its better off if he does that off air. So the wont be any controversy, but he chooses to get on air and disrespect people. I think he has had enough chances and he should be taken off the show.

June 23, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  43. Brenda Fenner

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. This man obviously has a heart problem. He doesn't even know it. I don't think he values blacks, the good ones or the bad ones. He has only one opinion, BAD News.

June 23, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  44. JON J

Why is anyone suprised by the Don Imus comment .This is what you get when you have an idiot for a talk show host. He is a burnt out moron. Good night

June 23, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  45. Jane Hernandez

What is the world was Don Imus thinking? What a stupid comment and then an even more stupid excuse for the comment! He has outlived his usefulness and needs to retire from the communications industry.

June 23, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  46. James Rose

is there ANYONE OUT THERE...who thinks Don Imus should be allowed anywhere NEAR a radio or TV microphone? Anyone. I think it is EXTREMLY CLEAR what his intentions are. If WABC does not fire him tonight, then Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton should put a boycott around the station and force america to ONCE AGAIN realize that this man is an EXTREME racist. Remember this gang....a racist is ANYONE in a position of POWER who discriminates against a person of a different race.

June 23, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  47. Michael Krauss

Before you and especially David Gergen convict Don Imus, would it not be more fair to allow him to explain what he said and what he meant??

I'm not shocked at your charges but I am disappointed with you and the rest of the media for jumping him as you have so far.

You all are chasing a ghost here.

And what's worse you know it!

June 23, 2008 at 10:29 pm |
  48. Annie Kate

Locking up a 77 year old woman in prison with no chance of parole shows solves her housing situation for the rest of her life. I wonder just how long she will actually serve.

Looking forward to hearing about the environmental stances of McCain and Obama. I hope they have an effective policy combined and that they will actually share the specifics and milestones of that policy with us.

Looking forward to the show!

Annie Kate
    Birmingham AL

June 23, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  49. rosie boardman

AOL had a tiny blurb today about 2 3-yr.old race horses having to be put down due to leg injuries at Churchill Downs today. The article went on to say that a survey of racetracks across the country reported that since 2003, 5,000 horses have been euthanized due mainly to leg injuriesand that race horses are out down virtually every day, again, due to leg injuries. Something is very, very wrong. my personal theory is that these magnificent creatures are being started at too early an age. Care to take this one on?

June 23, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  50. Elaine G, Geneva Ohio

Many years ago I was a waitress at the coffee shop in Hospitality Inn in Willoughby Ohio, where the stars that were playing at the Front Row Theater stayed. I was working alone when suddenly the whole place filled up. I was frantically trying to take care of everyone when I saw George Carlin take a bus cart and start clearing tables! He cleared most of them by the time I was done serving the orders. What a great guy!

June 23, 2008 at 9:38 pm |